Divorce In The Philippines

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes, I agree with Divorce...by the way? Is there a very progressive country that does not have a divorce? France is a Catholic country but I think they have it (correct me if I'm wrong)...I think it boils down to 2nd chances to be happy..we only walk and live in this earth once...we have to make the best of it...if you have the power of choice and 2nd chances...your citizenship will not live "bottled up inside" and explode unexpectedly....happiness also trancends to better work ethics.

As for the "illigitimate" child issue? Medyo OT sorry sa ating mabuting mod...but strenghten the DNA testing at PAG sa iyo yun bata...accept it...mahalin at never ipadama that theyre an outcast....Malay mo? sila pa yun mag sa-salba sayo in the future...or help your so called "legitimate" children...Pag sayo...ituring mong sayo!

• 2 months later...

it will NEVER happen. with self claimed dieties like the ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH, CBCP, whatever for christ groups meddling in politics and national issues. the sheer number of voting power these group bring along are enough to topple any poilitician or govt official to sing to their tune. add to this the money making schemes of the office of the solicitor general. shame on these groups. maybe in a hundred years when filipinos in general become mature

hay naku kung maghihiwalay din lang wag na kayo mag asawa pagkatapos nyo gastusan ang pag papakasal katakot takot na preaparation tapos mauuwi lang basta sa hiwalayan...hay naku mas pabor pa ako sa leave in muna if you think na ready na kayo at kaya nyo na pakasal then tsaka kayo magpakasal ang pag aasawa hinde kanin na pag sinubo at napaso pwede iluwa mag isip isip nga muna kayo malalaki na kayo at may isip

hay naku kung maghihiwalay din lang wag na kayo mag asawa pagkatapos nyo gastusan ang pag papakasal katakot takot na preaparation tapos mauuwi lang basta sa hiwalayan...hay naku mas pabor pa ako sa leave in muna if you think na ready na kayo at kaya nyo na pakasal then tsaka kayo magpakasal ang pag aasawa hinde kanin na pag sinubo at napaso pwede iluwa mag isip isip nga muna kayo malalaki na kayo at may isip

• 1 month later...

as liberal as i may be, i would not consent to divorce. heck marriage is a big deal. make sure youre ready to commit to your partner. simple.

besides you can always just go about playing the field to find that mate with that mutual desire to get married.

its a tad sad that a lot of couples nowadays simply shrug of the sanctity of marriage for convenience. true, all couples will fight. all couples will reach that tipping point of giving up. but the point of marriage for me is to go beyond oneself. heck when a couple gets married, its not just between them, its among the couple and God. if the couple cant find the strength to hold on, then hey just take a gander at the Big Man. He's all you need.

in a world of billions of people even a country with 80 million people, do you think finding the one meant for you will be easy? There are more mistakes than right choices....

Reality check, people. Being a religious country hasn't helped the phils economically, politically, crimewise, etc. if God had the key to everything, then this world would be a utopia.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For me, divorce is the last option.. if things cant really be fixed between a couple after going through counselling and talking their hearts out and wala pa din or somebody is not cooperating then pwedi na siguro.. the boat cant move smoothly if only one is rowing it and your partner does not even care.

i'm against divorce...there are lot of broken families d2 sa atin...e pag pinayagan nila ang divorce...ung iba magsasamantala na nyan...there will be plenty of reasons that can be fabricated para mahiwalayan na ung partner mo pag nagkataon na ma approve yan...why not solve kung ano man ung problems and para ma settle...di ung konting tampuhan e hiwalayan na agad...its not solving the problem but it's worsening the situation...

• 2 weeks later...

Who says that it would be easy to get a divorce here once it's legalized? I'm pretty sure that there would be certain valid grounds before divorce could be granted.

There should have been more prerequisites to getting married so couples would think and rethink.... and rethink over and over again.

..there is no right or wrong marriage nor a perfect one.......uniqueness (as human beings) among us sometimes work for or against any relationship and you may not know it until your with the person for a looooong period of time, to make it more simple, you wouldnt know a person until you practically spend most of your time with the him/her, you wouldnt knw yet the extreme qualities that you dnt knw when your just dating and or just seeing on every planned dates..oh yeah, even if you have sex with the person many times outside marriage...so the question would be a big HOW?

..know the qualities you want (but again, there is no perfect person for your perfect requirement)

..acceptance (not that simple tough)

..constant respect

..self control (can you avoid temptation???)

..sincerity

..endurance (people are also like equipments..subject to wear and tear)

..and yes, the more important, to keep the feeling in-love with the person you choosed

..many will say its very idealistic, but hey..its the reality..if you cant follow the above then dont get married and add to those who wanted DIVORCE...if you get into it accept the realities of life and make that marriage work...

Divorce can always be the last resort but why do we have to let things get into it while we can plan and or decide at the very begginning....just dont be impulsive, take time to make decision especially getting MARRIED....and follow the above...

the problem is it's too easy to get married.

If you believe in the religious sacrament of marriage, you shouldn't believe in divorce. But for those who think marriage is a legal binding thing that can be abolished by divorce. It should be allowed. Even though abortion is illegal, some still do it because it's a personal repercussion.

But divorce involves lawyers, the law, and other people. Like someone said divorce ain't easy.

Give the option to people who want it and not think that you know what's best for other people. If more than 90% of the world allows it, what makes us so special not to have it. It is allowed for those who marry foreigners cause divorce is legal in their country.

:goatee: divorce has its own pros and cons...its always a case to case basis...one may want to ask for divorce because he or she just wants to get away with the responsibilities imposed in a relationship...while others may want to do so to get out of a crappy and not so healthy relationship...with respect to that, our justice system and our courts would have full authority to have a marriage dissolved or not, which of course would still be dependent on the strict compliance of the laws imposed...though on a personal note, i still dont believe in divorce...especially in our country where we give so much premium on the sanctity of marriage and family...i do think all problems could be resolved by talking things out...have conversation that provides for explanations...dont make divorce an excuse to be able to live a single life again...because at one point in time you were happy with your spouse...why cant you rekindle that feeling...that is if you are willing to do so...well, like i said, everything is dependent on the circumstances surrounding the situations involved... :goatee: