Divorce In The Philippines

^^sanctity of marriage and family? :) Why are there so many illegitimate children? We even allow politicians with extended families.

How come marriage and family is above everything else?

Are you talking about annulment? That's a farce if I ever saw one. Legal separation is allowed but of course it doesn't allow you to marry again.

One point in time? People change. At that one point in time, you may not really know your spouse yet. Why can't you rekindle that feeling? So many reasons why. Sometimes there are no reasons. This is a very light argument. This would mean that any relationship could actually work. :) At one point in time we were happy with our ex-gf's. :)

• 2 weeks later...

simply lang ang buhay sa pinas, thats one thing we should value. this divorce thing will complicate life in phil, i dont agree in divorce cause it can and it will destroy the very foundation of why building a family when there is a trial and error solution pala... i dont like having children that will eventually be the elders of the society that will accept this kind of "alibi". too bad for politicians and sa mga artista lets say karma nalang ninyo iyan gusto ninyo pa maging example ng masa...

like they say lowering expectations can be a key for marriage to be successful, for me its high-hopes, marry someone you know you can hope "WITH" kasama mo mangangarap.... :) ayos ba?

hahahaha peace!

Edited by nilisticool
why are those who don't believe in divorce so afraid of it? :rolleyes: are you afraid that your wife will leave you if they have that chance?

I thought you guys prefer church marriage. The divorce can't dissolve your church marriage just the legal side of it.

Maybe because us filipino by nature have a more important view on the sanctity of marriage and doing our very best to save it. hindi lahat ng tao pare-pareho ang pananaw. We can adopt the culture of other nations like the U.S but no matter what, our heart as filipino will always be there and besides that, we all have our conscience that tells us what is right and wrong.

we may have let go of some of our values before that signify the importance of marriage to us but there are still a handful of people that still strive hard to make their marriage work inspite of the conflicts and honestly, I salute those people that make the families alive, the marriage alive inspite off.. there is a saying after the priest or pastor gives his benediction " What God has joined together, let no man separate" marriage itself regardless where it was done church, court room or island is ordained not just by our law but most of all by God w/c is the higher authority and we filipinos dont take that lightly... nice day to all :-)

Maybe because us filipino by nature have a more important view on the sanctity of marriage and doing our very best to save it. hindi lahat ng tao pare-pareho ang pananaw. We can adopt the culture of other nations like the U.S but no matter what, our heart as filipino will always be there and besides that, we all have our conscience that tells us what is right and wrong.

we may have let go of some of our values before that signify the importance of marriage to us but there are still a handful of people that still strive hard to make their marriage work inspite of the conflicts and honestly, I salute those people that make the families alive, the marriage alive inspite off.. there is a saying after the priest or pastor gives his benediction " What God has joined together, let no man separate" marriage itself regardless where it was done church, court room or island is ordained not just by our law but most of all by God w/c is the higher authority and we filipinos dont take that lightly... nice day to all :-)

God doesn't ordain court room and other legal versions of marriage. The sanctity of marriage should be in Church i.e. "What God has joined together, let no man separate". You're being Filipino i.e. is sanctity of marriage is an influence of Spain. Ever wondered if spain didn't conquer us if you would have the same pinoy characteristics?

With that great belief/religious roots, it shouldn't change you. Like if the condom is there, but if you believe that it's against your religious belief - then you won't use it.

The law is the law. If you are against death penalty, it shouldn't change your stand if the death penalty is there and someone you know got massacred. That is your belief being pro-life. Man shouldn't take away a life. Just God di ba?

How do you reconcile a pinay married to a foreigner who divorced her? She doesn't have divorce so should she just stay loyal to her husband because it is a binding church marriage?

Maybe because thats why we take marriage lightly coz we believe that if we get married civil or w/ a judge w/c is more cheaper than the usual btw, it just takes the law itself to cancel it anyways well there is truth in it. (about the cancel thing) but we are forgetting God is the author or marriage and He is the sole entity that can bind man and woman together, 2 imperfect individual being joined together.. basta sinabing kasal Diyos ang may akda nyan. isa lang un eh kahit sa huwest ka kinasal o sa captain ng barko pari o pastor once they say "I now pronounce you as husband and wife" God has the approval of that. such people are entrusted by God and the government to facilitate the so called "Holy" matrimony.

Not all we believe in now came from the spaniards, americans and japanese. we have our own culture and conviction regarding the sanctitiy of marriage w/c at this time is almost gone.

In other case, why would a person after getting married would want to have a different family? or even after a few years? conflicts, fights, imperfections are part of being married thats why you need to think it over many times, pray for it, under go counselling and also the advise concent of your parents kasi hindi talaga ito parang kaning isusubo pagkatapos mapaso iluluwa na. there is a reason why God hates divorce and why the catholic church is against divorce. it should be our last resort if all attempts to save it fails. here is a useful link: http://ezinearticles.com/?Divorce-Is-Divor...&id=1491062

blessed day to all :-)

Maybe because thats why we take marriage lightly coz we believe that if we get married civil or w/ a judge w/c is more cheaper than the usual btw, it just takes the law itself to cancel it anyways well there is truth in it. (about the cancel thing) but we are forgetting God is the author or marriage and He is the sole entity that can bind man and woman together, 2 imperfect individual being joined together.. basta sinabing kasal Diyos ang may akda nyan. isa lang un eh kahit sa huwest ka kinasal o sa captain ng barko pari o pastor once they say "I now pronounce you as husband and wife" God has the approval of that. such people are entrusted by God and the government to facilitate the so called "Holy" matrimony.

Not all we believe in now came from the spaniards, americans and japanese. we have our own culture and conviction regarding the sanctitiy of marriage w/c at this time is almost gone.

In other case, why would a person after getting married would want to have a different family? or even after a few years? conflicts, fights, imperfections are part of being married thats why you need to think it over many times, pray for it, under go counselling and also the advise concent of your parents kasi hindi talaga ito parang kaning isusubo pagkatapos mapaso iluluwa na. there is a reason why God hates divorce and why the catholic church is against divorce. it should be our last resort if all attempts to save it fails. here is a useful link: http://ezinearticles.com/?Divorce-Is-Divor...&id=1491062

blessed day to all :-)

Nope, it's not the reason. Since this is a catholic/muslim country, almost every woman here wants a church marriage. What if the captain or judge/mayor is an atheist - does God still have direct involvement? "Holy" isn't applicable to everything. God allowed even the Kings/Leaders in the old testament to have multiple wives.

Our own culture, please trace that and show to us.

It should be the last resort but there isn't any last resort for now. People just separate because there isn't any divorce.

Why is it that when it comes to marriage pinoys are so active in defending it? But stealing, lying, cheating, killing even in other ways is so forgiveable that the worst in those are in govt ofc. :)

Edited by complicated8
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Call me old fashioned, but I don't want divorce be applicable here in the Philippines. I still believe in the sanctity of marriage and the importance of making our future children grow-up with a father and mother. Allowing divorce will not make us be serious on plans settling down.

NOT AGREE!!!

i Still believe in second chance...

i understand those couple who cant afford to stay together -- EDI MAG HIWALAY kung talagang wala ng choice,

but to legalized DIVORCE.. I'TS A diff matter...

mas lalo lang nitong bibigyan ng dahilan yung wife/husband to be "iresponsible" "Immatured" to uNderstand INDIVIDUAL DIFFERENCES.

"marraige is not a bed of roses" may mga UPS and DOWNS its NORMAL kc nga " COUPLES" are TWO diff persons

(diff character, attitudes and souls) that are binds together.

just need to have TRUST and RESPECT to each other, and PRAY to GOD.

masarap yatang gumising sa isang umaga na meron kang i ki KISS and HUG at mangangarap para sa kinabukasan....

PS.

im not against separation if thats the only way,

pero keep on holding kung kaya pang i survive...

-------------------------------------------------------

world peace!!!!

NOT AGREE!!!

i Still believe in second chance...

i understand those couple who cant afford to stay together -- EDI MAG HIWALAY kung talagang wala ng choice,

but to legalized DIVORCE.. I'TS A diff matter...

mas lalo lang nitong bibigyan ng dahilan yung wife/husband to be "iresponsible" "Immatured" to uNderstand INDIVIDUAL DIFFERENCES.

"marraige is not a bed of roses" may mga UPS and DOWNS its NORMAL kc nga " COUPLES" are TWO diff persons

(diff character, attitudes and souls) that are binds together.

just need to have TRUST and RESPECT to each other, and PRAY to GOD.

masarap yatang gumising sa isang umaga na meron kang i ki KISS and HUG at mangangarap para sa kinabukasan....

PS.

im not against separation if thats the only way,

pero keep on holding kung kaya pang i survive...

-------------------------------------------------------

world peace!!!!

well said