Divorce In The Philippines

yes.

oh ok I agree to everything He said . But Im not trying to create a debate here , everyone is entitled to their own opinion :)

Just to share my opinion.. Just for the sake of sharing..

I am anti-divorce because...

1. Its not God wants us.

2. I believe that it's not the answer to the growing violence against women and children. I believe it is not a solution to these problems. (E di sana hindi din tumataas ang status ng violence against women sa U.S., lets learn from them)

3. (Right to re-marry) "Right" is created to be abused. Example: SeeJohnhenrytan said.. I believe on that

--- feel na feel ko, damang dama ko! aabusuhin lang ang karapatan na ito! pramis! LOL

4. I believe that divorce will create MORE NEGATIVE effects than POSITIVE effects.Mas marami talaga ang aabuso kesa gagamitin ito sa tama.

5. I dont believe that the solution for a happier life is findi ng the second change of marriage or re-marrying. Ambabaw , for me its a little selfish :D

Sorry to say but I respect the bible, the only solution for marital problems is EPH. 5:22-23

or never marry at all (peace po!)

Edited by BornAtNight

oh ok I agree to everything He said . But Im not trying to create a debate here , everyone is entitled to their own opinion :)

Just to share my opinion.. Just for the sake of sharing..

I am anti-divorce because...

1. Its not God wants us.

2. I believe that it's not the answer to the growing violence against women and children. I believe it is not a solution to these problems. (E di sana hindi din tumataas ang status ng violence against women sa U.S., lets learn from them)

3. (Right to re-marry) "Right" is created to be abused. Example: SeeJohnhenrytan said.. I believe on that

--- feel na feel ko, damang dama ko! aabusuhin lang ang karapatan na ito! pramis! LOL

4. I believe that divorce will create MORE NEGATIVE effects than POSITIVE effects.Mas marami talaga ang aabuso kesa gagamitin ito sa tama.

5. I dont believe that the solution for a happier life is findi ng the second change of marriage or re-marrying. Ambabaw , for me its a little selfish :D

Sorry to say but I respect the bible, the only solution for marital problems is EPH. 5:22-23

or never marry at all (peace po!)

It's ok as long as as the debate isn't personal.

1. There is a different God for others and some have no God. Even muslims with mutliple wives are allowed divorce.

2. Did we ever really learn from them? “Better to have a country run like hell by the Filipinos than a country run like heaven by the Americans". So please don't say that. Coz the united nations and all other countries actually think this is a good law to have. We never actually learn and think our own is better than others.

3. You think people can abuse this right because? everyone is rich enough to go thru divorce and have another massive wedding celebration? No one goes into a marriage thinking it won't work. How many actually go thru multiple marriages? I think that's a very small percentage. Just like the insanely wealthy.

4. If you believe that, i think you need to show why. You need to have data and not just a personal bias. Why do you believe? Like I said if that is true, then this law would've been removed by now by other countries.

5. What if the spaniards never came to the phils? You wouldn't have a bible :lol: If your solution is applicable to all, then we wouldn't be discussing this and all others would follow and no more divorce law.

For never marrying at all - then you'd probably be living in sin if you follow the bible/church.

It's ok as long as as the debate isn't personal.

1. There is a different God for others and some have no God. Even muslims with mutliple wives are allowed divorce. - My God does not allow divorce :)

2. Did we ever really learn from them? "Better to have a country run like hell by the Filipinos than a country run like heaven by the Americans". So please don't say that. Coz the united nations and all other countries actually think this is a good law to have. We never actually learn and think our own is better than others. - that is your opinion you have a point

3. You think people can abuse this right because? everyone is rich enough to go thru divorce and have another massive wedding celebration? No one goes into a marriage thinking it won't work. How many actually go thru multiple marriages? I think that's a very small percentage. Just like the insanely wealthy. - well we have a different perception :)

4. If you believe that, i think you need to show why. You need to have data and not just a personal bias. Why do you believe? Like I said if that is true, then this law would've been removed by now by other countries. - I have datas and statistics , this is not a personal bias :) ,the law would've been removed? Try to removed it and let see :)

5. What if the spaniards never came to the phils? You wouldn't have a bible :lol: If your solution is applicable to all, then we wouldn't be discussing this and all others would follow and no more divorce law. - I didn't say it is applicable to all actually I don't believe many will agree to me , specially when we are talking about morality. Saying "No to Divorce , Do not Implement it!" is different from saying "I don't agree to Divorce" whatever the come out it would be for a purpose. Hindi ko po ipinipilit ang saken opinion lang :P

And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

- Matthew 24:14

Whether the spanish came or not this gospel shall be preach to all the nations, Only God knows his ways

or never marrying at all - then you'd probably be living in sin if you follow the bible/church. - we are all sinners bro, only God knows our hearts :)

Again this is my opinion, I'm not against you or others.

101% agree with it, bakit?

"kasi kung may pinto papasok kailangan ng pinto palabas"

karapatan ng isang tao ang lumabas o umayaw sa mga transaksyon or commitments na pinasok nya...

its by choice kung gagamitin nya yung exit door..

kung masaya ka nmn sa buhay mo bakit kailangan gamitin yun..

my point here is every human being deserves an option.. kahit sa anung bagay pa man yan either it is sacred or not...

i am not against church, i do believe GOd.

it is not about growing violence against women.

it is not about many may abuse it..

its all about "KARAPATAN NG ISANG TAO".

Matthew 19:9

"And I say unto you, whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery; and whoso marrieth her who is put away doth commit adultery."

Deuteronomy 24: 1-5

"When a man hath taken a wife and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favor in his eyes because he hath found some uncleanness in her, then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house. And when she has departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife. And if the latter husband hate her and write her a bill of divorcement, and putteth it in her hand and sendeth her out of his house, or if the latter husband die who took her to be his wife, her former husband who sent her away may not take her again to be his wife after she is defiled; for that is abomination before the LORD, and thou shalt not cause the land to sin which the LORD thy God giveth thee for an inheritance. When a man hath taken a new wife, he shall not go out to war, neither shall he be charged with any business; but he shall be free at home one year, and shall cheer up his wife whom he hath taken."

BAN, seems to me that your God does allow divorce, it's your CHURCH that doesn't.

oh TSB sorry for the wrong term

My God doesn't WANT divorce :)

Malachi 2:16

"I hate divorce," says the LORD God of Israel, "and I hate a man's covering himself with violence as well as with his garment," says the LORD Almighty. So guard yourself in your spirit,and do not break faith.

Edited by BornAtNight
oh TSB sorry for the wrong term

My God doesn't WANT divorce :)

Malachi 2:16

"I hate divorce," says the LORD God of Israel, "and I hate a man's covering himself with violence as well as with his garment," says the LORD Almighty. So guard yourself in your spirit,and do not break faith.

I've always wondered at the ability of people to "know" what their god/s are thinking. By the way, what bible are you reading? My copy of the King James edition has this for Malachi

Malachi 2

1"And now, O ye priests, this commandment is for you.

2If ye will not hear, and if ye will not lay it to heart to give glory unto My name," saith the LORD of hosts, "I will even send a curse upon you, and I will curse your blessings. Yea, I have cursed them already, because ye do not lay it to heart.

3Behold, I will corrupt your seed and spread dung upon your faces, even the dung of your solemn feasts; and one shall take you away with it.

4And ye shall know that I have sent this commandment unto you, that My covenant might be with Levi," saith the LORD of hosts.

5"My covenant was with him of life and peace, and I gave them to him for the fear with which he feared Me and was afraid before My name.

6The law of truth was in his mouth, and iniquity was not found on his lips. He walked with Me in peace and equity, and turned many away from iniquity.

7For the priest's lips should keep knowledge, and they should seek the law at his mouth; for he is the messenger of the LORD of hosts.

8But ye have departed from the way; ye have caused many to stumble at the law; ye have corrupted the covenant of Levi," saith the LORD of hosts.

9"Therefore have I also made you contemptible and base before all the people, according as ye have not kept My ways but have been partial in the law."

10Have we not all one Father? Hath not one God created us? Why do we deal treacherously every man against his brother by profaning the covenant of our fathers?

11Judah hath dealt treacherously, and an abomination is committed in Israel and in Jerusalem; for Judah hath profaned the holiness of the LORD which he loved, and hath married the daughter of a strange god.

12The LORD will cut off the man who doeth this -- the master and the scholar -- out of the tabernacles of Jacob, and him that offereth an offering unto the LORD of hosts.

13And this have ye done again, covering the altar of the LORD with tears, with weeping, and with crying out insomuch that He regardeth not the offering anymore, nor receiveth it with good will from thy hand.

14Yet ye say, "Why?" Because the LORD hath been witness between thee and the wife of thy youth, against whom thou hast dealt treacherously; yet she is thy companion and the wife of thy covenant.

15And did not He make one? Yet had He the residue of the spirit. And why one? That He might seek a godly seed! Therefore take heed to your spirit, and let none deal treacherously against the wife of his youth.

16"For the LORD, the God of Israel, saith that He hateth putting away; for one covereth violence with his garment," saith the LORD of hosts. "Therefore take heed to your spirit, that ye deal not treacherously."

17Ye have wearied the LORD with your words. Yet ye say, "Wherein have we wearied Him?" When ye say: "Every one who doeth evil is good in the sight of the LORD, and He delighteth in them," or, "Where is the God of judgment?"

Oh, also, if you read the entire text, the God of Israel is reprimanding Judah for "marrying the daughter of a strange god" i.e. that Judah converted to another religion, you can't really pick one verse and say that is what God means when in other verses he talks about divorce (see Leviticus 21 and 22) and what to do with divorced women.

For myself, divorce sounds like a better deal than being separated and unable to secure an annulment without a sizable "donation" to the church.

Edited by TheSmilingBandit
  • 2 months later...

Watched the debate between SLU (pro) and San Beda (anti) on proposal for divorce.

Really funny when people just answer yes or no to rebuttal and try to defend their answer when they really can't.

Ex. Muslims have divorce. Is there discrimination?

San Beda - No - there is no discrimination. hahahaha!!! (the fact that it applies to one group and not others already means there is discrimination). I don't know how the guy still tried to defend his answer.

I've always wondered at the ability of people to "know" what their god/s are thinking. By the way, what bible are you reading? My copy of the King James edition has this for Malachi

Oh, also, if you read the entire text, the God of Israel is reprimanding Judah for "marrying the daughter of a strange god" i.e. that Judah converted to another religion, you can't really pick one verse and say that is what God means when in other verses he talks about divorce (see Leviticus 21 and 22) and what to do with divorced women.

For myself, divorce sounds like a better deal than being separated and unable to secure an annulment without a sizable "donation" to the church.

Nice point there. In the Old Testament, Moses actually allowed divorce but only as a male prerogative due to Israel's strong patriarchalism. IN the New Testament, Christ would reprimand the Pharisees and the Scribes for bringing out the topic saying that divorce only leads to adultery and therefore to eternal damnation.

Barring all other issues --- religion, family, society...

yung two people involved lang. the two persons that "vowed" to stick thru thick and thin.

AGREE. AGREE. AGREE. Yes to Divorce.

Let me borrow this statement from a frat brod of mine --- "Ang tao, dynamic. Nagbabago." cool.gif

Pa'no pag ayaw na sa 'yo - ipipilit mo pa ba?

Pa'no pag ginawa nyo na lahat para mag-work out, pero hindi na talaga --- ipipilit mo pa ba?

Pa'no pag nagkakasakitan na physically and verbally both ways --- ipipilit mo pa ba?

Sabi nila, dapat daw mag-stick ka sa pinakasalan mo ---

Pa'no kung yung pinakasalan mo, bumitaw na. Kanino ka kakapit?

Pa'no kung yung pinangakuan mo, hindi na gustong tuparin yung pangako nya. Kanino mo itutuloy yung pangako mo?

Pa'no kung sinabi na sa 'yo - out loud - "Hindi na kita mahal." Will a marriage work when the love is coming from one way only?

Hindi matatapos yung argument kung hahaluan ng religion, ng pamilya, ng moralidad.

Sana pakinggan na lang at bigyan ng karapatan yung mga tao - babae man o lalaki - na magkaroon ng katahimikan.

Anyway, may mga asawa naman na nagtitiis kahit gabi-gabing binubugbog ng lalaking gustong sumiping, di ba.

At may mga asawa ring nagtitiis kahit araw-araw na minumura ng babaeng pagod na pagod na raw sa pagtatrabaho.

Sila, for whatever reason, ayaw nilang bumitaw. Kinakaya pa. Tinitiis.

Pero pa'no yung di na kayang magtiis ng pambubugbog at pagmumura, hahayaan na lang silang ganun?

• Like (+1) 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes for divorce. Why stay in a marriage when respect and trust are both out of the picture and be miserable? For the kids, could be. But kids aren't stupid, they can tell that there is something seriously wrong with their family, their parents to be specific. In the end, the kids will also suffer. Why not make it easier for everyone and file for divorce. It doesn't mean a mom can no longer be a mom and a dad no longer a dad simply because they got divorced - responsibility does not end there. So why not do themselves a favor and get divorced instead of putting on a show that they have a happy family when behind closed doors, they're miserable with each other.

Others may say that the Church doesn't agree with it as well as the society - well, you are in charge of your life and your own happiness so why let yourself suffer just to please the Church and the society? It is, after all, your life and you should do what's best for you and your family, not the strangers who dictate what other people should do. You won't get recognition for martyrdom anyway.

Just my two cents. happy.gif

agree.

dahil

di lahat ng mag asawa ay nag nagsasama ng maayos.

di lahat ng ugali ay dapat tiisin.

di lahat ng pananakit ay dapat tanggapin.

di lahat ng pambabae ay dapat palagpasin.

at higit sa lahat, wala tayong pakialam sa kahit na sinong mag asawa kung desisyon nilang mag hiwalay o mag diborsiyo dahil sila ang nakaka alam para sa kanilang sarili at di tayo.

• 3 weeks later...

It will only add up to the hundreds of thousands of street children in Metro Manila. Hope when these children become Hamog Boys they will victimize the Pro-Divorce persons

Napa-tumbling ako with this. Does not make any sense to me no matter how hard I tried to understand and comprehend this statement. The kind of logic and reasoning this statement has is very.... never mind. wacko.gif

Having divorced parents won't necessarily turn them to street kids and eventually, to become Hamog Boys and Girls. That's why both parents have to be responsible enough to make sure that even though they are no longer married, they see to it that their kids do not get any less than they deserve and make sure that their kids are well-taken care of. Still, it is also entirely up to the kids if they will lead the Hamog life or not. It's a matter of choice for the kids. Does not really have much to do with divorce.

• Like (+1) 1