Divorce In The Philippines

Sabi ata nya "clear cut boundaries must first be established". Ayaw ata nya divorce without those boundaries yet. The moment those boundaries are made clear, he would eventually favor divorce hehehehe

sabi nya same here.

Do you think divorce is practical with the presence of so many abandoned children on the streets of metro Manila?

Do you think divorce is for practical purposes? What about annulment? The reasons are not for practicality.

Abandoned children? Where is that actually coming from? Do you think it's from those that can afford an annulment/divorce?

• 2 weeks later...

Watched the Korina debate :) It's really funny how the anti-divorce supporters replied.

The Catholic Church is grasping at straws to keep their hold on their flock. :) Any law passed won't stop you from practicing your beliefs.

I wonder why only one church was represented in the debate. How come other churches weren't represented and no pro-divorce from the other churches.

But there was an anti-divorce supporter that got annulled.

Why won't you make marriage difficult? I mean as difficult to get annulled? So that people will really think long and hard before getting into it.

Laughing my ass off on the comment that the church doesn't stop you from married couples separating but the bonds of marriage still hold :D hahaha

They can't understand the simple concept of not everyone is a catholic. If you want to ban divorce from your belief, you are free to do so. :) How about threats of excommunication?

Edited by friendly0603

sabi nya same here.

Do you think divorce is for practical purposes? What about annulment? The reasons are not for practicality.

Abandoned children? Where is that actually coming from? Do you think it's from those that can afford an annulment/divorce?

Very valid questions Mr Complicated. Let them answer those

• 2 weeks later...

I am not promoting divorce, dapat the time na nagpakasal kayo dapat alam niyo pareho na kayo na ang magsasama sa habang buhay...sa point of view ko kasi kapag may divorce baka maging rampant sa mga taong may makayang mag avail nito so sino ba ang talo dito di ba ang mga babae?

Kaya para akin "NO TO DIVORCE BILL" maraming dapat ipasa sa camara, di kaya sila mag usap-usap para naman sa economy..para mabawasan ang unemployment sa bansa...

Peace po at ito ang akin opinyon....

Here's a compromise:

Those who sought marriage in the Catholic Church should seek divorce from the Catholic Church. It's up to the Catholic Church to either deny or DENY...

Those who sought marriage from civil authorities should seek divorce from the government... and for this reason, a Divorce Law must be passed by the Philippine Congress- with or without the Catholic Church's green light.

Our Muslim brothers are allowed to seek divorce. Is it fair not to allow the rest?

This seeming interference of the Church in state affairs is a glaring example of the separation of church and state being violated.

Edited by laging_nagmamahal

I am not promoting divorce, dapat the time na nagpakasal kayo dapat alam niyo pareho na kayo na ang magsasama sa habang buhay...sa point of view ko kasi kapag may divorce baka maging rampant sa mga taong may makayang mag avail nito so sino ba ang talo dito di ba ang mga babae?

Kaya para akin "NO TO DIVORCE BILL" maraming dapat ipasa sa camara, di kaya sila mag usap-usap para naman sa economy..para mabawasan ang unemployment sa bansa...

Peace po at ito ang akin opinyon....

inorder for the divorce to work, both parties has to agree, so paano maging kawawa ang babae?

Im Pro Divorce.

In my opinion, Catholic Church is grasping at whatever hold they have on the Filipino people that's why they are fighting legalizing divorce in this country.

I just think separation among married couples are everywhere. It's happening already. Now, legalizing divorce will ensure that responsibilities of the separated couples are aligned and documented. Kids are better taken cared of because the role of each parent is spelled out and there is no room for confusion.

Filipino men are mostly abusive, especially when their wives become older. Divorce can easily be manipulated by these guys. You think women can benefit from divorce? You must be an idiot if you think that's right.

These guys will only spend many sexual sessions with their "wives" then abuse them physically so that the women themselves will resort to divorce. The sufferings of women will be multiplied exponentially. Am I right?

AGREE!

which do you agree from his statements?

quote from a woman.....

The multiple burden women resulted due to men's "machoism". If a battered women wanted a divorce from her abusive husband, i guess the wife was liberated and has the freedom to remarry, and freewill to do anything she wanted to do. I guess both RH Bill and Divorce Bill benefits and liberates filipina women.

Edited by friendly0603

i agree

madami ng broken families sa bansa pero mas marami ang nagsasama na hindi na nila gusto ang mga nakikita nilang katabi pagkagising sa umaga or nagsusuntukan na lang pag magkatabi sila......madami na ang mga kababaihan ang biktima ng domestic violence

kaya nagsasama ang dalawang 2 o mag asawa ay dahil mahal nila ang isat isa pero aanhin ang pagsasama kung hindi na nila mahal ang isat isa kung panay kaliwaan lang ang nangyayari....

mas gusto ba ng mga anak ang buong pamilya kuno kung nakikita nila na ang mga magulang nila ay hindi na masaya? or mas gugustuhin ba ng mga anak n magkasama nga ang mga magulang nila pero sadyang hindi na kanais nais ang pagsasama nito masasabi pa bang pamilya iyon?