Divorce In The Philippines

Napa-tumbling ako with this. Does not make any sense to me no matter how hard I tried to understand and comprehend this statement. The kind of logic and reasoning this statement has is very.... never mind. wacko.gif

Having divorced parents won't necessarily turn them to street kids and eventually, to become Hamog Boys and Girls. That's why both parents have to be responsible enough to make sure that even though they are no longer married, they see to it that their kids do not get any less than they deserve and make sure that their kids are well-taken care of. Still, it is also entirely up to the kids if they will lead the Hamog life or not. It's a matter of choice for the kids. Does not really have much to do with divorce.

sabi kasi ni bishop ganun daw eh

• 3 weeks later...

Isn't psychological incapacity a farce? Or is that something that can be fixed?

If you get annulled for psychological incapacity, get married again - does your incapacity go away on the next marriage? Or is it voidable again?

Psychological incapacity, which a ground for annulment of marriage (which is different from divorce), contemplates downright incapacity or inability to take cognizance of and to assume the basic marital obligations. A test is actually conducted to see if a person is 'fit' for the marriage. It is a long and tedious, not to mention an expensive process.

As to the question na if the marriage gets annulled, and the incapacitated person remarries again-- Here is what the court requires: antecedence (which states that incapacity existed before the marriage), seriousness, and incurability (which is often supported by expert testimony). So given na ma-prove ung incapacitation ng person, he cannot marry again.

Is it voidable?-- Under extraordinary circumstances(by fraud o falsification ng docus,etc. ) na nakapag asawa ung tao na may psychological incapacity, the marriage is not voidable but it is void ab initio ( sa simula pa lang, void na ang marriage). Voidable is when a contract is valid and binding unless avoided or declared void.

Philippines is part of the few last remaining countries na WALANG divorce bill. I think we should have one. I think is an understatement, WE should have one.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Considering how immature most filipinos are, it's not the right time yet.

When do you think the right time is? Muslims have it. There are muslim pinoys as well.

Phils is the only country in the world with no divorce.

Are pinoys immature? But would support gay marriage (mature) and not allow divorce (immature) :)

I don't think that there is any need for divorce...

Divorce shows immaturity and lack of respect for the Sacrament of Matrimony. Better understanding should be taken in going into a very serious decision such as this. Furthermore, if and when the wrong reasons were used in going into the Sacrament of Matrimony, this does not mean that any or both parties have the reason to separate, annul, nor divorce...

I have not yet seen any benefit Divorce has on the lives of families involved.

Divorce has always been a flimsy reason to get married then just have no accountability in leaving your partner.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think that there is any need for divorce...

Divorce shows immaturity and lack of respect for the Sacrament of Matrimony. Better understanding should be taken in going into a very serious decision such as this.

Furthermore, if and when the wrong reasons were used in going into the Sacrament of Matrimony, this does not mean that any or both parties have the reason to separate, annul, nor divorce...

Huh? Wrong reasons were used to get married..... but still not reasons to separate? The more appropriate for me is the better understanding going into the very serious decision of marriage. Why is it so easy to get married? How come priests/nuns can get out of their marriage with God?

I have not yet seen any benefit Divorce has on the lives of families involved.

Maybe others have seen what you haven't.

Divorce has always been a flimsy reason to get married then just have no accountability in leaving your partner.
When has divorce been a reason to get married? Maybe you need to look into further on the contents of divorce.

Contrary to Christian values

so is your post on clubbing

It can only lead to more abuses against women.

Can you clarify?