Divorce In The Philippines

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

There should be divorce in the Philippines. It's funny that a lot here are so afraid and against it. Divorce is a choice just like how being a "Martyr" is a choice. I have a lot for married friends men and women, who are in a failed marriage because of 1 common factor, the "3rd Party" factor. Infidelity is the real destroyer. This is the reality. This happens with or without the existence of devorce. They can't move on because they can't get unmarried. I've been cheated on several times already. Luckily I'm not married, so it was easy to move on but for these guys, i can imagine their suffering. The reason for infidelity doesn't matter as there is no valid excuse for it. If there was, then the more reason to have a divorce. Why would you even keep a spouse if you have a valid reason for your secret love affair which you seem to be very satisfied with. Not having a devorce does not change this reality and because of this, not having a devorce, not having a "fire exit", not having a chance to find happiness without being stigmatized by society is just plain cruelty.

It's outdated and retarded in my opinion.

The church allows annulment but not divorce.That's hypocrite.

I heard what effort and money it takes to get annulled, it is ridiculous.

It sounds like a bit of a cash cow to me, while at the same time it serves to keep the Church as strong an institution as possible.

It's like we're living in the 50's.

On top of that, monogamy is not natural.

It can be beautiful with the right person, but it's not natural.

• Like (+1) 1
  • 4 weeks later...

No to divorce in the philippines.

We like our norms.

American norms and european norms of instant divorce, multiple remarriages and hodge podge of step siblings and step parents is just stupid ridiculous.

Lets not make gaya gaya to foreign idiocy.

Those who like white mans idiocy go and migrate out.

The Filipinos have a system that works:

#1 - nobody is forcing you to get married. so if the no divorce marriage is not for you. then do not get married.

#2 - boyfriend girl friend relationships and live ins are de facto marriage just like your american anglo saxon european idiocy.

#3 - sex less marriages or low sex marriages are balanced by the KABIT system

#4 - marriages keep the FILIPINO FAMILY together for a great majority of people. The FAMILY is our nation's foundation!

We do not have WELFARE in the Philippines. What most of you forget. We / you and I have to take care of our old people, our young people, and other people who cannot care for themselves. FAMILY is what we have.

DESTROY everything about the Filipino family and our culture / our nation / our people are LOST.

Let's keep our culture FILIPINO.

• 4 weeks later...

The Filipinos have a system that works:

#1 - nobody is forcing you to get married. so if the no divorce marriage is not for you. then do not get married.

#2 - boyfriend girl friend relationships and live ins are de facto marriage just like your american anglo saxon european idiocy.

#3 - sex less marriages or low sex marriages are balanced by the KABIT system

#4 - marriages keep the FILIPINO FAMILY together for a great majority of people. The FAMILY is our nation's foundation!

We do not have WELFARE in the Philippines. What most of you forget. We / you and I have to take care of our old people, our young people, and other people who cannot care for themselves. FAMILY is what we have.

DESTROY everything about the Filipino family and our culture / our nation / our people are LOST.

Let's keep our culture FILIPINO.

Lol, the truth is bago pa dumating ang mga kastila satin me divorce na tayo. Sistema pa ng mga datu yan. nabago lang nung pinalaganap katolisismo satin. At ngayon kahit ang Espana me divorce na. Ang italy kung san andun vatican, me divorce din.

Yeah ganda nga ng Family culture natin. Me asawa't anak ka na, highschool na yung mga anak mo, sa bahay ka pa ng magulang mo tumitira at di kelangan magbayad sa kuryente. Actually, mas progressive western attitude kung ako tatanungin. Huwag ka maging pabigat. Kung 18 ka na, either go to college, go find a part time job, eitherway you move out. At pagtanda mo, dapat handa ka at huwag ka magiging pabigat sa mga anak mo. Hindi nga lang west ito eh. Kahit saang bansa sa asya na maunlad ganito practice.

Why have divorce in the Philippines? Truth of the matter is.... Madami talagang magasawa ang naghihiwalay satin sa totoo lang. Kung gusto nila maghiwalay, maghihiwalay yan sila. So you might as well give them a legal method to do it. Annulment is impractical at impossible mga provisions dito.

A Divorce Law will not materialize in PNoy's term.

So many house bills pending and official election fever will be in a few days time

Why have divorce in the Philippines? Truth of the matter is.... Madami talagang magasawa ang naghihiwalay satin sa totoo lang. Kung gusto nila maghiwalay, maghihiwalay yan sila. So you might as well give them a legal method to do it. Annulment is impractical at impossible mga provisions dito.

Divorce in the Philippines will never happen as long as we have crooked logic (just like solutions to traffic). Divorce = once married but parted ways. So, children remain legitimate and properties divided. Annulment = marriage is null and void. Therefore, children were actually illegitimate and no need to partition properties?

• 2 months later...