Divorce In The Philippines

Guest I Lucifer

We already have legal seperation, anullment and divison of assets so why do you ask don't we have divorce? The answer is alimony. If the politicos in this country actually passed a divorce law most of them would find themselves divorced and having to pay their long sufferring wives tons of cash in child support and alimony.

Agree ako sa sinabi mo bro. di lahat ng marriage ay nagiging sucessful. Mas kawawa ang babae kung BATTERED WIFE for how many years pati na rin ang mga anak nito, imagine children growing up sa ganitong environment di ba its a BIG TORTURE on their part. Mas mabuti pa mag LET GO kesa naman tanggapin pa ng wife ang karumal dumal na panghahalimaw ng husband. There are cases that nag let go na si wife but the husband siempre na realise nya na ang mga kamalian nya ayun habol ng habol sa wifey kahit na years past by na sa kanila at nakapag move on na si wifey and she has another life and a family, stil this bastard husband ay KSP kulang sa pansin at lahat ng traces ni wifey inaalam. KAWAWA naman cguro si wfey na lang ang bukod tanging nagkagusto sa kanya kaya ganun na lang ang habol kay wifey. How PATHETIC!!!!!

Agree of course kung may divorce.

I can relate to this story coz I was also harrassed without end by my ex-wife even though I didn't set foot on that town after all my properties have been confiscated. I received strange phone calls, cops were literally all over and was even followed. Strange links and even stranger poems were in the net. Even police were bribed to get me.

But I consider these events to be a real blessing because I finally knew what these people are capable of. I am not a saint and did a lot of wrong things, but I thank God everyday for saving me and giving real Peace.

what's the point of staying together kung hindi na rin kayo magkakasundo so much better na maghiwalay na lang...

whats the point of marriage then? whats the point of commitment? whats the point of loving then if its all just a temporary thing? i agree with some statements na sometimes marriages dont work. but its always up for assessment when it doesnt work, that is why we have annullments and legal separations and they work hand in hand in figuring out the best course of action. divorce is simply the easy way out. kung hindi talaga mag work out even after so much effort, file for annullment.

whats the point of marriage then? whats the point of commitment? whats the point of loving then if its all just a temporary thing? i agree with some statements na sometimes marriages dont work. but its always up for assessment when it doesnt work, that is why we have annullments and legal separations and they work hand in hand in figuring out the best course of action. divorce is simply the easy way out. kung hindi talaga mag work out even after so much effort, file for annullment.

we have this notion that if there is divorce...the couple would exert less effort to work things out...and would simply opt for divorce just like that...

well, maybe, yes. But i would also like to think that even if an easier option, such as divorce, is on hand, if both parties have so much respect for the institution of marriage, and are somehow still in-love with one another (diminished as it may seem)...then they would still exert that much effort to work things out....regardless of whether there is divorce or none...

in life, there will always be an easy way out......it will now depend on you and your willpower.....and how dedicated you can be to whatever it is that you are working hard for....

Edited by angel_by_day
  • 4 weeks later...

This guy knows how to solve his divorce problem.

Courtroom shooter caught

By Rhodina Villanueva

Saturday, November 17, 2007

Police operatives yesterday arrested the man who shot dead his wife and her lawyer in a Las Piñas City courtroom Thursday.

Senior Inspector Jandale Sulit, chief of the Taguig police investigation division, said that around 1 a.m., they found Roberto Tubale, 53, hiding at his uncle’s house in Signal Village, Taguig City.

Tubale, however, stayed mum about the incident and refused to subject himself to a paraffin test. He is detained at the city police station while authorities are preparing a double murder case against him.

The police also recovered the caliber .45 revolver Tubale used to k*ll his wife Lolita, 51, and lawyer Rebecca Basa, 57 at 10:40 a.m. Thursday. He shot them just as a hearing on a petition filed by Lolita to annul their marriage was about to begin in the courtroom of Regional Trial Court Branch 199 Judge Joselito Vibandor.

The two victims, each with a gunshot wound in the head, were rushed to the Perpetual Help Medical Center where they died late in the afternoon.

Senior Superintendent Amando Clifton Empiso, chief of the Las Piñas police station, said the Tubale’s relatives “said the suspect had long been at odds with his wife because of money matters and infidelity issues.”

Empiso said Tubale had worked as a seaman for several years and had saved quite a large amount of money as well as bought many things for the family.

“According to the relatives and people close to the couple, the victim had put the money to waste while she engaged in an illicit affair. The suspect on the other hand, also had an extra-marital affair until it came to a point that their differences had become irreconcilable, prompting the woman to file for an annulment of their marriage. This all the more angered Tubale,” Empiso said.

He added that they are investigating how Tubale managed to sneak a gun into the courtroom.

Police said Vibandor’s courtroom was temporarily moved from the Hall of Justice since the building is being renovated.

Sulit said the court bailiff was not at his post when the shooting occurred.

“He could have possibly gone to the comfort room,” he added.

Poor guy destroying his life over something that is not worth it. tsk, tsk, tsk.

• 2 weeks later...
neither..... coz its better to be single than have a ball and chain ....

I totally agree with her...

(that's really my pov regarding marriage)

but seriously, "falling out of love" is such a lame excuse for a divorce.

I could say that Annulment works (as long as you could provide valid reasons as to why you'd want to have your marriage annulled --- but it's just so dang expensive!). Anyway, you'd only want to have your marriage annulled if a.) there's an issue with properties or wealth, b.) you wanna get married again or c.)your ugly half has issues and you don't want your kids (or yourself) seeing him or her

but of course, I could be wrong :rolleyes:

Edited by thegiftedwitch
  • 5 months later...
no. as much as there's unhappy marriages around, fact is marriage is still the fabric of the family, which is society's pillars. make that weak and society becomes weak as a whole.

f#&k THAT ANALOGY.

THE TRUTH OF THE MATTER IS: THERE ARE THOUSANDS OF COUPLES THAT LIVE TOGETHER ONLY BECAUSE THERE IS NO DIVORCE IN THE PHILIPPINES.

THERE ARE EVEN MORE THAT ARE SEPARATED AND COULD NOT GET MARRIED TO THEIR CHOICE OF A PARTNER BECAUSE OF THE ABSENCE OF DIVORCE IN THE PHILIPPINES.

FOR THEM, LIFE IS A COMPLICATED THING.

AND WHY CAN'T WE HAVE DIVORCE IN THE PHILIPPINES? BECAUSE THE CHURCH MEDDLES IN STATE AFFAIRS.

BUT LOOK AT THE CHURCH THESE DAYS. HOW MANY SCANDALS HAVE ROCKED THEM GLOBALLY? SEXUAL SCANDALS THAT IS. IN THE UNITED STATES ALONE, HOW MUCH IS THE CHURCH PAYING TO KEEP COMPLAINTS OUT OF COURT?

WE CAN HAVE A MORE HAPPY SOCIETY IF COUPLES THAT HAVE DECIDED TO SEPARATE CAN REMARRY THEIR CHOICE OF A PARTNER.

walayan uso na nga live-in then hiwalay kung kelan gusto di ba.. sakit lang ng ulo yang kasal and then pag ginustong maghiwalay ang dami pang kotseburetse.. doivorce sa states lang pde yan

Other countries that still do not allow divorce include Malta and the Philippines. Puwede yan kahit na anong bansa except these two.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6523667/ - Chile allowed it in 2004. :)

previous poster has no concept of divorce. Whoever said that it is cheap and easy never went through divorce. i haven't coz I'm not married but i am close to someone who is a divorce lawyer.

nagtataka nga ako why muslims have divorce eh puwede sila mag-marry up to 4 wives. Sa Christians, 1 wife lang wala pang divorce.. makes you think di ba? tapos 2 countries na lang pala walang divorce. Does it make those two countries special?

in laymans term divorce is the easiest way to get out in a failed marriage...while annulment is more rigid and costly...

why need a divorce if there is annulment which i think in has the same concept and effect...

do we like filipinos na ang kontrata ng kasal para na lang simpleng kontrata which we can rescind anytime we want...

theres nothin special in the two countries where it dont have a divorce it just simply means the state respect the sanctity of marriage as an inviolable sociaL INSTITUTION...

it is not just im against in it...ill just find it unreasonable to sign a contract of marriage which like just a simple contract...

we do have the luxury of knowing who we want to be with for the rest of my life and if we fail dont just passed the blame to state for not having a law on divorce...in the first we place the state did not force you to sign the contract of marriage...it is we who decide on that matter...and if what we expect did not happen accept the consequences of it...