Divorce In The Philippines

My honest opinion is that divorce is neither for or against men. Financially speaking in terms of alimony maybe yes its a minus for guys. As for the filling fee, I guess its basically equal. My take here that more women are filling annulment cases that man do under the clause of psychological incapacity. FYI, divorce do exist under canon law under marriage dissolution contrary to common knowledge.

Divorce is more an advantage fo women coz men are obligated to pay for the alimony.. That's why it's pro- women. Unlike sa annulment..the financial support of the husband to the wife must be contested first..and it depeneds on the wife's status or the husband's status or income..and whether there are children involve.. But in divorce..there will be no contest or debate on the financial support issues.. coz men or husbands are obligated by the law to pay for the alimony..That's Grand ;)

Just wanna comment on this topic.

Back when i was in college, a teacher brought this topic in one of her class. The class went on berserk on whose right / whose wrong. The sanctity if marriage / what the heart really wants. I know you get the picture. At the end of the class no one won the issue wasn't resolved. On my way home i pondered on the subject and realized a solution...

Renewal of marriage contract / marriage license. If we need to renew our driver's license every 3 or so years, why not our marriage license as well. What do you think people will this work?

Back when i was in college, a teacher brought this topic in one of her class. The class went on berserk on whose right / whose wrong. The sanctity if marriage / what the heart really wants. I know you get the picture. At the end of the class no one won the issue wasn't resolved. On my way home i pondered on the subject and realized a solution...

Renewal of marriage contract / marriage license. If we need to renew our driver's license every 3 or so years, why not our marriage license as well. What do you think people will this work?

Man , what brought you to such an ingenius and innovative idea :boo: :cool:

Marriage is based on religon. This would work well in a society that did not believe in God or what he stands for, but since our laws reflect that of a largly Christian doctrine, this is why marriage cannot be equated to a driver's liscense where you have to pay for renewal.

That's the problem with our country. Religion borders everything. They bend laws. They question everything. We are too attached to our religion. The Spaniards, the one responsible for bringing Christianity to our land, beg to differ. The Church doesn't overshadow its presence that much in politics, issues, etc.

That's the problem with our country. Religion borders everything. They bend laws. They question everything. We are too attached to our religion. The Spaniards, the one responsible for bringing Christianity to our land, beg to differ. The Church doesn't overshadow its presence that much in politics, issues, etc.

Come to think of it, if a country was Godless, then what would be the point of having marriage in the first place anyway? :rolleyes:

Why would you have marriage when it's so easy to get out of it? Might as well just keep living in with different sexual partners.

Marriage is just a sacrament, a written contract. It is what two people who enters into it is important. Ever heard of live - in partners?

Yes, if you reffer to my last post, I did mention that possibility. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think it's illegal to enter into such an agreement if both parties wish it.

Tommorrow is the death anniversary of a man who two thousand years ago said the following words:

"What has God put together, let no man put asunder." Mark 10:9

Of all the religious leader in the whole word, only Jesus said that. That's what makes his ideas so revolutionary. Somebody slap you, turn the other cheek.

Just imagine, a world with no war and no broken families.....

As John Lennon said: IMAGINE

Very creative idea. However, that is actually the essence of a divorce. You can do away of your marriage if you dont want to continue with it.

Besides, a driver license is an item you own while a marriage is neither a thing nor a posession. Moreover, there is no complications called "CHILDREN" that may arise if one doesnt renew once license but with marriage, thats almost always a big issue that needs to be settled too.

Very creative idea. However, that is actually the essence of a divorce. You can do away of your marriage if you dont want to continue with it.

Besides, a driver license is an item you own while a marriage is neither a thing nor a posession. Moreover, there is no complications called "CHILDREN" that may arise if one doesnt renew once license but with marriage, thats almost always a big issue that needs to be settled too.

Yes.. it's complicated than owning a thing..We must realize here.. that the best way to love anything is that it might be lost. :rolleyes: Children is not from us..really..we are just stewards.. to take care of God's creation. :hypocritesmiley:

Children is not from us..really..we are just stewards.. to take care of God's creation. :hypocritesmiley:

All of us and everything around us are God's creation. But to say that children is not from us runs contrary to the essence of procreation --- to create something --- in this case a living human being. We take care of them and nurture them but to simply say that we are just their stewards, demeans one's parenthood and in the bigger context, one's humanity.

Not if you have a prenup! :evil:

A prenup does matter in some way though for the rich..but as I said.. Can you still stay in a mansion with a rich husband that's making you cryy everyday?..No amount can pay such turmoil.. But the hope here (in divorce) is ..even there is a prenup.., hindi parin pinabayaan ang babae..The law will obligate the husband (much more if rich ) to give an alimony to the wife..And besides.. the Philippine divorce will be different.. It's not just a way out to be free if you've found another prettier girl to marry.. it's more stricter ..

and again ..It's more advantageous to women..and the children as well..

Edited by sweeteenia
A couple with out kids.... eligible pa cugro for divorce.

A couple with kids....Noway kawawa yung bata....

I'm not a Tagalog speaker but from what I can make out you seem to be against divorce if the couple has kids. If so, I would suggest you contemplate the situation those kids would live in where mom and dad are at war. A very unloving environment with things like nightly, or at least frequent, screaming matches, dinner tables where mom and dad exchange not one word, and mom and dad fuming at each other in the car. That sort of situation generates and enormous amount of constant tension for everyone involved and the kids really suffer.

I'm all for every kid in the world living in a healthy loving home ... show me how and I will actively participate any activity with a reasonable chance of making that happen. But please don't ask me to believe that a house with mom and dad at war is the only acceptable alternative. Been there, done that ... would rather lose my left hand.

I'm not a Tagalog speaker but from what I can make out you seem to be against divorce if the couple has kids. If so, I would suggest you contemplate the situation those kids would live in where mom and dad are at war. A very unloving environment with things like nightly, or at least frequent, screaming matches, dinner tables where mom and dad exchange not one word, and mom and dad fuming at each other in the car. That sort of situation generates and enormous amount of constant tension for everyone involved and the kids really suffer.

I'm all for every kid in the world living in a healthy loving home ... show me how and I will actively participate any activity with a reasonable chance of making that happen. But please don't ask me to believe that a house with mom and dad at war is the only acceptable alternative. Been there, done that ... would rather lose my left hand.

it's more traumatic.. coz it's holding into a traumatic situation..everyday you ar dealing with it right under your nose.. it's not good psychologically..for all concerned..Mom and Dad are fighting each other even with no words..the children have magical thinking and they're not stone not to feel such tensions..the nagging silence is deaftening..the children who's in the crossfire .everyday..That's more than hell..everyday..

More to fighting ....

It also defies what good life (not the MP) has to offer when couples can not be husband and wife anymore .....

The essence of Marriage is mocked

it's more traumatic.. coz it's holding into a traumatic situation..everyday you ar dealing with it right under your nose.. it's not good psychologically..for all concerned..Mom and Dad are fighting each other even with no words..the children have magical thinking and they're not stone not to feel such tensions..the nagging silence is deaftening..the children who's in the crossfire .everyday..That's more than hell..everyday..
  • 2 months later...

come on! let's make the Philippines move into the 21st century! let us have a divorce law. let us not make it difficult for two people who, simply, cannot live with each other anymore. let us not continue living the Stone Age life as dictated to us by the idiotic, moronic and hypocritical local Roman Catholic clergy and "conservative" groups.

agree with divorce. simply because love is not the only reason for one to stay sa marriage. once respect is lost, it'll be uber hard to live and be with that person. include trust as well. yeah, what about the kids? c'mon, kids aren't dumb, they can sometimes sense if there's something wrong with their parents. would you like them to see that you no longer respect their mom or dad? hell no! so better live your own lives but still be part of the kids' lives than be together and let them grow up knowing that something's not right with their family, or parents specifically.