Divorce In The Philippines

I think it's about time...

More and more couples in this country are separating - yet they are not give the option to actually enjoy their freedom by a tyrannical Church whose enforcers have not seen firsthand what they have undergone.

I don't think that Philippine society would fall apart should divorce be introduced...on the other hand, our children would learn to be more independent faster and at an earlier age.

If you backread .... there are other complexities that annulment does not tackle ....

How about properties, children .... the mechanics, the transition, the ifs and hows .....

Kung may divorce law.... kaya nga LAW eh .... sundin

Think about this .... HIWALAY na ung HIWALAY .... papano si Junior? Pipirmahan mo na ba ung DEED of SALE ng Condo?

Ibigay ko na ung Share mo .... MAGKANO? Ano ka sineswerte?

Ung utang ni MISIS papano? CONJUGAL? i do not even know what it means

Harharhar :boo:

Well, there is an alternative for divorce in this country and that is annulment of marriage. It's relatively easy to file an annulment for there are various grounds to choose from (hehehe). After the finality of the annulment, both spouses can remarry.
If you backread .... there are other complexities that annulment does not tackle ....

How about properties, children .... the mechanics, the transition, the ifs and hows .....

Think about this .... HIWALAY na ung HIWALAY .... papano si Junior? Pipirmahan mo na ba ung DEED of SALE ng Condo?

That's where the consultation with a lawyer comes in.....Kaya nga po may mga lawyers, to thresh out lahat ng problems ng mag asawa...

I agree with you there...there should be a provision for alimony.

That would make many Filipino men think twice before jumping in and filing papers...

You really think lawyers and the law will help .....

How about Mr Judge .... miss Psychologist

The legal complexities ... pagpyepyestahan kayo .....

To start with And to sum it UP..... $$$ talks

That's where the consultation with a lawyer comes in.....Kaya nga po may mga lawyers, to thresh out lahat ng problems ng mag asawa...

Precisely ..... but the mechanics for any decision be less subjective to any parties....

I agree with you there...there should be a provision for alimony.

That would make many Filipino men think twice before jumping in and filing papers...

Given na yun na kailangan ng support for basic needs for ms housewife .....

But you barely see housewives today .....

yet working wives demand support as if they are plain housewives who did a good job at home

.... but in fact did better somewhere else ..... :boo:

annulment is a farce. :) Lokohan lang yan para ma-dissolve ang marriage. Divorce is at least real.

Pero as the word annulment means, it means that yung pera nung guy he keeps dahil the marriage is invalid and ganun din sa girl.

Eh kung housewife ka lang paano ka na?

i definitely do not agree to this. marriage is something that you decide on doing for the rest of your life. kaya nga hindi basta basta e. ang hirap kasi sa panahon ngayon couples are really unprepared. most of them are too young and too foolis hto get into a relationship without realizing the consequences of their actions... tama ba spelling ko?

i beg to disagree. not only will this promote the destruction of the family but also affect the psyche of the nation. tama nang sa ibang bansa e bulok ang values. wag na sanang isama ang bansa natin.

Allow me to react because i agree to the ideals of family and world peace

Everyone dreams of WORLD PEACE, everyone wants a NICE FAMILY ...

In doing making WORLD PEACE, we practice, advocate, promote DIPLOMACY ...

so why there is WAR? Because WAR result when DIPLOMACY breaks down .....

You can not eat and drink diplomacy .... it is a process that will come give results...

Since you mentioned VALUES .....

Husband and wives have different VALUES, Ooops you got married to a someone who has different VALUES in life than yours.... then NEGOTIATION starts ... DIPLOMACY sets in ..... and so will WAR

Yeahh REGRET and the BLAMING game is always at the END.....

i definitely do not agree to this. marriage is something that you decide on doing for the rest of your life. kaya nga hindi basta basta e. ang hirap kasi sa panahon ngayon couples are really unprepared. most of them are too young and too foolis hto get into a relationship without realizing the consequences of their actions... tama ba spelling ko?

i beg to disagree. not only will this promote the destruction of the family but also affect the psyche of the nation. tama nang sa ibang bansa e bulok ang values. wag na sanang isama ang bansa natin.

definitely do not agree to this. marriage is something that you decide on doing for the rest of your life. kaya nga hindi basta basta e. ang hirap kasi sa panahon ngayon couples are really unprepared. most of them are too young and too foolis hto get into a relationship without realizing the consequences of their actions... tama ba spelling ko?

What values are we speaking of here? You are talking about a country that was probably in the top 5 in asia after world war II.

Look at it now. So, bulok ang ibang bansa then why do we go there. Would you want to be in a bulok na country? We even inherited our religion from another country. Yet that country has divorce.

Are our leaders people you can look up to? they are not exactly beacons of righteousness.

i'm not in favor of divorce. we already have annulment and legal separation. marriage, just like any other, is a binding contract between two parties. instead of driving both parties to enhance and work out the differences, it will only encourage the thought of ending the relationship instead of finding out for themselves how to make it work.

ABSOLUTELY. The reason why this divorce wont pass in the phils is because of our conservative culture, pressure from religious sectors to government. But in Korea, also a very conservative country, they allow divorce. If a couple can no longer stay in a harmonous relationship, and becomes destructive not only to each other, but to their children, i believe its better if they end their marriage. Its better for their children to see them as friends, rather than see them as mortal enemies fighting at home.

ABSOLUTELY. The reason why this divorce wont pass in the phils is because of our conservative culture, pressure from religious sectors to government. But in Korea, also a very conservative country, they allow divorce. If a couple can no longer stay in a harmonous relationship, and becomes destructive not only to each other, but to their children, i believe its better if they end their marriage. Its better for their children to see them as friends, rather than see them as mortal enemies fighting at home.

sir i second the motion :cool:

:mtc:

Edited by jad

YES!!!!!

imagine kung wlang divorce..... tsk tsk tsk! you will be sleeping with an enemy for the rest of your life. y suffer di ba? meron naman alternative solution. and of course depende yan sa mga taong kailangang i-divorce. eh kung ***hole ung guy na pinakasalan mo at puro suffering lang ang binibigay sa asawa.... tingin ko divorce is the best answer. opinion ko lang po.....

Take this Annulment thing ....

350K for a syndicated Anuulment case - everybody happy (except the one who pays, well for the price of freedom perhaps happy na rin)

120K-150k - Straight shot Annulment case.... imagine na lang if it gets denied

50-80K - downpayment to get the ball rolling with a Lawyer, Psychologist, Filing fees etcetera

I agree na dpat mging legal n ang divorce d2 sa pinas.. Aftr seeing those peoples having failed marriage..
I agree that we should have divorce in the Philippines. It was deliberated during the framing of the 1987 constitution but was deleted when it lost by a very small margin during the voting process. If you get to read the family code, it pretty much favors the women. :D

Divorce is more an advantage fo women coz men are obligated to pay for the alimony.. That's why it's pro- women. Unlike sa annulment..the financial support of the husband to the wife must be contested first..and it depeneds on the wife's status or the husband's status or income..and whether there are children involve.. But in divorce..there will be no contest or debate on the financial support issues.. coz men or husbands are obligated by the law to pay for the alimony..That's Grand ;)

Edited by sweeteenia
Divorce is more an advantage fo women coz men are obligated to pay for the alimony.. That's why it's pro- women. Unlike sa annulment..the financial support of the husband to the wife must be contested first..and it depeneds on the wife's status or the husband's status or income..and whether there are children involve.. But in divorce..there will be no contest or debate on the financial support issues.. coz men or husbands are obligated by the law to pay for the alimony..That's Grand ;)

Not if you have a prenup! :evil:

Edited by grayle
Take this Annulment thing ....

350K for a syndicated Anuulment case - everybody happy (except the one who pays, well for the price of freedom perhaps happy na rin)

120K-150k - Straight shot Annulment case.... imagine na lang if it gets denied

50-80K - downpayment to get the ball rolling with a Lawyer, Psychologist, Filing fees etcetera

get a lawyer who wants to help you sincerely and not the one who'll drain your pocket.

if the other party contests, bigger expense.

:cry: