Divorce In The Philippines

ok lang basta sex parin kau ng asawa mo after divorce

hello po? para que yun nagpakorte ka pa? once you said enough e tama na po.

i think that, not only for you, sweetie, dun sa nagpaplano pa lang think of the best reason why you are going to get married. mali yun sagot ko e. i was aked twice on different occasions, once the day before the civil rites and second, about a year later. :(

i am not yet taking my case to court. he might. he might not. consider careers and family. double standard? :hypocritesmiley: welcome to the philippines.

Ok lng mag-divorce pero hindi pde mag-asawa ulit para hindi ma-abuso if ever magkaroon ng divorce law. Pede lang mag-asawa pag namatay na yung partner nila.

Nasa Bible din ito eh.

Wag gagayahin yung sa states na parang laro lang yung kasal na after mag-divorce may kapalit na agad.

Ok lng mag-divorce pero hindi pde mag-asawa ulit para hindi ma-abuso if ever magkaroon ng divorce law. Pede lang mag-asawa pag namatay na yung partner nila.

Nasa Bible din ito eh.

Wag gagayahin yung sa states na parang laro lang yung kasal na after mag-divorce may kapalit na agad.

Now this is something that you cannot impose on anyone, let alone a divorcee. :)

People petition for the dissolution of marriage for a lot of reasons, and unless the case is highly publicized, said reasons are pretty much private and are often discussed only by the parties involved. But one thing's for certain, married couples who petition for divorce do so because they want to pursue invidual happiness - or they may have already found someone (or something) that causes their endorphin-producing glands to go into overdrive.

And if the reason happens to be a "someone (else)", who's going to stop the "involved" party to make an honest man or woman out of the other person, especially after the previous marital ties have been severed legally?

To kibitzers, especially those who refuse to keep an open mind about situations that defy age-old norms, marrying more than once in this lifetime could mean making a mockery out of the sacrament of marriage. Maybe. Maybe not. But then again, who are we to judge these people? So they got married once, twice, thrice, maybe even four or five times? What is it to us?

Why don't we, instead of going all didactic and biblical about it, think just for one second and maybe if it's not too much of a stretch, try and put ourselves in the shoes of these people who seem to be in a perpetual pursuit of happiness and have gone through so many partners in the process. Maybe then we'll see that underneath the seemingly disintegrating morals and utter disregard for the sanctity of the institution of marriage are REAL PEOPLE who are great believers of true love and are willing to go through so many hurdles (and divorces) just to have a taste and feel of it.

And even if the reasons for the infinite cycle of marriage-divorce-marriage-divorce-marriage are not as honorable or romantic as love, still, we are not in any authority to pass on bigoted judgments. People marry primarily to be happy. Some of them file for divorce in order to dissociate themselves from things/situations that have ceased to bring them happiness. At some point they remarry because they find themselves happy again.

Such, my dear, is life.

Edited by MA

Nasa Bible din ito eh.

so what you mean is not really divorce, but legal separation?

it is not divorce.

and in my opinion, i hate it when the bible is used as a basis for the law. there are many religions. why base it on the bible alone?

and speaking of the bible, it was written there that divorce was allowed. especially in the old testament.

[/font][/font]

I agree! As of now kasi marami nang mag aasawa dito sa Philippines ang naghihiwalay. Kung may divorce, hindi na mahihirapang mag let go ang bawat isa. Mas makakakabuti rin yon para magkaroon din ang bawat isa ng chance to love again and makahanap ng real partner in life....

Kaya if ever na magpapakasal kayo, think of it a thousand times.... :*

so what you mean is not really divorce, but legal separation?

it is not divorce.

and in my opinion, i hate it when the bible is used as a basis for the law. there are many religions. why base it on the bible alone?

and speaking of the bible, it was written there that divorce was allowed. especially in the old testament.

Allowed nga sa bible ang divorce nasa New testament pero hindi pede mag-asawa ulit. Sabi pag namatay na yung isa dun pde mag-asawa.

Kahit yung law ng governtment natin sa Bible din binebasis usually.

Pero nasa sa inyo naman yun kung gusto nyo mag-asawa ulit. Pero ok lng sa akin Mag-Divorce pero marami guidelines para hindi maabuso.

While I am Catholic, (albeit non-practicing) I agree that we should re-examine our stand on divorce. If both parties can no longer stand one another, why should they be forced by the state or the church to be together? Our current system of Annulment is just not enough. People make mistakes, give them a chance to correct them.

I am a divorcee, let me just say that I think that the Philippines needs a Divorce Law to protect the individual rights of all especially any children from the marriage. In a Divorce Law provissions ensure for the financial well-being of the minor children. After all they deserve protection under the law.

If the couple is without children then "no fault" divorce is the perfect solution to prevent years of sadness and possible abuse both physical and mental. B)

Divorce - American style is a proven disaster, marriage is now a joke, reduced to the status of a boyfriend girlfriend relationship

Divorce - Islamic Filipino style is workable, marriage is still taken seriously, boyfriend girlfriend relationships not allowed.

Divorce - Philippine Christian style happens when boyfriend - girlfriend relations "break-up". Marriages still somewhat works because boyfriend girlfriend relationships serve as stage 1 trial marriage where divorce is rampant and acceptable.

Hi MA

Shouldn't be one become more careful and more responsible after a single marriage-divorce cycle?

Happiness indeed has it cost .....

Now this is something that you cannot impose on anyone, let alone a divorcee. :)

And even if the reasons for the infinite cycle of marriage-divorce-marriage-divorce-marriage are not as honorable or romantic as love, still, we are not in any authority to pass on bigoted judgments.  People marry primarily to be happy.  Some of them file for divorce in order to dissociate themselves from things/situations that have ceased to bring them happiness.  At some point they remarry because they find themselves happy again. 

Such, my dear, is life.

occam. Hahahaha

According to recent studies conducted by US experts, the number one cause of divorce is marriage. :lol:

you can't have divorce in the philippines. first of all, family laws are not pro-women so having a divorce law is non-sensical. change existing family laws first before making new ones.

second, a divorce law stipulates that both parties, in the absence of pre-nuptial agreements, will split assets 50/50. take note, nearly half of the congressmen and senators have one or more mistresses. if they sign a divorce law, imagine how much they're going to lose.

third, the church does not support divorces for the sole reason that marriages are sacred (duh). weird, they support more expensive and traumatic annulments than divorce.

i've seen many of my friends suffer bad marriages. it is time that we have a divorce law. support rep. liza maza's divorce bill.

yun lang :D

Hi MA

Shouldn't be one become more careful and more responsible after a single marriage-divorce cycle?

Happiness indeed has it cost .....

Yes, of course Lomex. :)

Once bitten twice shy, ika nga.

But then again, there are things that you don't have control over.

Like, say, falling in and out of love on a regular basis.

I know it sounds preposterous as some people can't even tell whether or not they've actually fallen in love. But sometimes it happens that one falls in love and decides (blindly) to tie the knot, be happy for a year or two, wake up one morning only to realize that love has flown out of the window, petition for annulment/separation/divorce, gets it eventually, tries to pick up the pieces and start living like the single man/woman that he or she is (legally), meets someone, falls in love again, and the rest of this wonderful (albeit, painfully predictable) lovestory is well, history. :D

Bottomline, we CAN always try and opt to be careful the next time but there's really no telling what's gonna happen when we're not looking. Unless we're clairvoyants. In which case, happy-ever-after endings would be easy-peasy for us.

For that, let me state again FOR the RECORD :lol: that I am all for Divorce!

Edited by MA

Does one need to define the man/women that will make them happy?

If we associate the qualities of a person to whatever makes us happy this person

may indeed exist and sooner go ...... di na happy eh

Love may not be that predictable, though drawing a picture will help one find one.

And when one finds the person he draws/plans/hopes/dreams/desires it is perhaps

the moment also that both share their happiness .... happiness through reciprocity, mutual happines

whatever we may call it ....

:heart: :heart: :heart:

I know it sounds preposterous as some people can't even tell whether or not they've actually fallen in love.  But sometimes it happens that one falls in love and decides (blindly) to tie the knot, be happy for a year or two, wake up one morning only to realize that love has flown out of the window, petition for annulment/separation/divorce, gets it eventually, tries to pick up the pieces and start living like the single man/woman that he or she is (legally), meets someone, falls in love again, and the rest of this wonderful (albeit, painfully predictable) lovestory is well, history. :D

Bottomline, we CAN always try and opt to be careful the next time but there's really no telling what's gonna happen when we're not looking.  Unless we're clairvoyants.  In which case, happy-ever-after endings would be easy-peasy for us.

For that, let me state again FOR the RECORD  :lol:  that I am all for Divorce!