Computer Troubleshooting And Repair

Question po is it possible to copy DVD's na I rent from video shops? If possible, what's the best software for this?

Try XILISOFT DVD RIP. Although it requires Registration, pero luckily you'll be able to find cracked version nito on the net. Try searching it on torrent sites. :thumbsupsmiley:

hello.

my pc experienced a boot failure. so i brought it at PC EXpress. was told na me tama na yung isang hard drive. unfortunately, that is where i installed my OS. my 2nd hard drive contains my data. fortunately naka backup naman to an external drive so the technician asked permission to reformat the affected drive and install a trial OS XP since i didnt' bring mine.

apparently, i can't remove the trial OS in drive c. i ended up installing my Home XP at drive d. so whenever i boot up, i was given a prompt to select the OS system kasi dalawa sila. the trial xp was a professional edition. siempre, i chose my Home XP.

QUESTION po:

1. how do i remove the trial version? i tried to format it but it won't. tried to format both drives then will reinstall my XP OS to no avail.

2. how do i make a faster boot up? everytime i open my pc, it counts 30 secs. even if i press enter, it won't start until the seconds are down to zero.

tnx for the advice!

Hi.. try any of these:

1. how do i remove the trial version? i tried to format it but it won't. tried to format both drives then will reinstall my XP OS to no avail.

Workaround #1

- There's no such thing as Trial Wndows XP. Only an unactivated copy. Activate the copy of Window XP installed in your PC. If it asked for a new key, try this:

C88P7 9GQC7 2VJBC H2QTG K2QDW

- Problem not solved yet, you need to patch your OS to avoid connecting to MS site for WGA Authentication.

- If you find a patch, then problem solve. If not, reply to this comment and I'll send you a copy of the patch tool.

Workaround #2

- Open a window, above that window you'll find Menus (click Tools > Folder Options)

- A new window will appear, click the View Tab. Locate and click the radio button "Show hidden files and folders" and uncheck "Hide protected operating system files".

- Once successfully executed, you'll be able to see all hidden files in your computer.

- Open your unactivated OS default installation drive (i'll bet it's Drive C:), locate the file "boot.ini" and double-click the file.

- You'll see inside the file these ff: info

[boot loader]

timeout=30

default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS

[operating systems]

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional Edition" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect

- Above info shows the boot drives your PC has, delete the first line under [operating systems],

modify this line default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS to

default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS

- This action will boot your second OS where you installed your Home Edition.

2. how do i make a faster boot up? everytime i open my pc, it counts 30 secs. even if i press enter, it won't start until the seconds are down to zero.

- Workaround #2 will fix this issue.

- It's NOT advisable to reduce the timeout value of 30 seconds. Your OS needs time to load your PC's initial drivers to make it work properly.

I hope this helps ;)

power supply does not affect os anyway i guess your new os is downloading the updates same time with your rapidshare or either you installed a anti virus checking your traffic

Power Supply also affects your PC performance :lol:

Anyway, you're right about the newly installed OS downloading it's update and Anti virus with Internet Security features. :thumbsupsmiley:

Have problem with my Blue M626 laptop.

Just recetly nagkaroon ng boot problem. GHere's the error

Error

0701: USB Over Current On HC/Port

Press <F1> to resume, <F2> to enter Setup

Pressing F1 would do nothing. I also found out that one of the USB is not functioning. Tried to configure CMOS Setting but still the error appears.

Thanks for any help that you guys can provide.

Try restoring your CMOS to default setup or if you know how to RESET a CMOS please do so.

The answer is already found in the error you posted.

It's either you changed something on the current passing through your USB port or when you plugged something on that USB port and made your laptop motherboard malfunctioned. Lucky for you if your laptop is still under warranty.

Edited by AuAu
Guys need your expert advice on how to configure smartbro share it router to do Port forwarding so i can DL faster using torrent

Basically, you need to access the router's GUI before you can set a Port Forwarding. Connect to the router and from your browser, key in on the address bar http://192.168.0.1 or http://192.168.1.1.

Port Forwarding usually can be found in NAT or Firewall settings of the router device. Key in your PC's IP address (with the torrent application) and the port of your torrent application. If there's an option like what protocol to use, choose BOTH (for TCP and UDP) transaction.

Basically, you need to access the router's GUI before you can set a Port Forwarding. Connect to the router and from your browser, key in on the address bar http://192.168.0.1 or http://192.168.1.1.

Port Forwarding usually can be found in NAT or Firewall settings of the router device. Key in your PC's IP address (with the torrent application) and the port of your torrent application. If there's an option like what protocol to use, choose BOTH (for TCP and UDP) transaction.

Hi thanks po for your advise but i need a more specific or step step procedure on this smartbro share it. before i can do Port forwarding in a separate modem and router but not like this one, i was hoping a more detailed solution using the smartbro share it interface. Sana you could help more... thanks po.

Eto ung steps:

1. open IE (or any browser for that matter)

2. access the router GUI (usually http://192.168.0.1 or http://192.168.1.1)

3. type in username and password to login

4. Look for something like "Advanced" (if you're using D-LINK)

5. Under sa port forwarding, Name = "Torrent".

6. public port and private port = <port na ginagamit ng torrent client m> (google m nlang kung papanu)

7. IP address = <ip address m> (start > run > cmd > ipconfig)

ung downloads m will go from 1-2kbps to 200kbps na siguro. Hope that helps!

Eto ung steps:

1. open IE (or any browser for that matter)

2. access the router GUI (usually http://192.168.0.1 or http://192.168.1.1)

3. type in username and password to login

4. Look for something like "Advanced" (if you're using D-LINK)

5. Under sa port forwarding, Name = "Torrent".

6. public port and private port = <port na ginagamit ng torrent client m> (google m nlang kung papanu)

7. IP address = <ip address m> (start > run > cmd > ipconfig)

ung downloads m will go from 1-2kbps to 200kbps na siguro. Hope that helps!

thanks po but the smartbro share it is different po .. sana marami p mag post regarding how to config. smartbro share it to port forwarding.

Guys need your expert advice on how to configure smartbro share it router to do Port forwarding so i can DL faster using torrent

what is your average download and upload rate for torrents? i'm a smartbro antenna-based internet subscriber too. i dont do port forwarding but my average download rate is 60kB/s per torrent. probably this is slow compared to wired DSLs and Ts but pwede na for me.

consider also the availability of the torrent and its seeders. depende rin kasi sa mga may file ng torrent kung pano nila configure dl/ul nila. see my post link below. this might help you to have a better torrent download. ;)

Maximizing Torrent Speed

Edited by -wet-
what is your average download and upload rate for torrents? i'm a smartbro antenna-based internet subscriber too. i dont do port forwarding but my average download rate is 60kB/s per torrent. probably this is slow compared to wired DSLs and Ts but pwede na for me.

consider also the availability of the torrent and its seeders. depende rin kasi sa mga may file ng torrent kung pano nila configure dl/ul nila. see my post link below. this might help you to have a better torrent download. ;)

Maximizing Torrent Speed

Bro. this is very helpful, pero wala b shorter way of configuring the smartbro share it? this is not a antenna based. before i can configure mine when i was a smartbro antenna based internet subs. pero ito bago sakin to, hope someone can provide one .. thanks a lot

Question for the Masters:

May na encounter akong laptop na yung hard disk ay di ko ma install-an ng XP. Na reformat ko na siya, kaso nga lang, tuwing susubukin ko mag install ng fresh copy ng XP, sa una, maglo load siya from boot-up. Then bigla na lang lalabas ang error na as if walang hard drive na naka install.

Anybody encountered this before? Any feedback would surely help. TIA!

na reformat mo ba using the same xp installer cd? if not, the laptop probably has a sata hdisk running in native mode; in which case, try fiddling around with the bios settings to disable sata native mode or enable ide mode or something to that effect. hth!

------------------------------------------------------------------

Question for the Masters:

May na encounter akong laptop na yung hard disk ay di ko ma install-an ng XP. Na reformat ko na siya, kaso nga lang, tuwing susubukin ko mag install ng fresh copy ng XP, sa una, maglo load siya from boot-up. Then bigla na lang lalabas ang error na as if walang hard drive na naka install.

Anybody encountered this before? Any feedback would surely help. TIA!

You need to integrate an ICH9 Driver to your Windows XP Installer. I'll bet that the laptop you're trying to downgrade to XP is using Windows Vista. :goatee:

na reformat mo ba using the same xp installer cd? if not, the laptop probably has a sata hdisk running in native mode; in which case, try fiddling around with the bios settings to disable sata native mode or enable ide mode or something to that effect. hth!

Nope, I connected it to the USB port using an external sata to usb cable then reformatted it using windows. (as if it was an external HDD). Then I re inserted the HDD to the original laptop then began the reformatting procedures. Everythign goes fine until the error message I mentioned earlier appears. Its just puzzling why it would start loading then say there's no hard disk when half way thru.

You need to integrate an ICH9 Driver to your Windows XP Installer. I'll bet that the laptop you're trying to downgrade to XP is using Windows Vista. :goatee:

Hmm, no, it was originally installed with Windows XP. I just reformatted it so I could re-install XP.

-------------------------------------

Thanks Maesters but I'm afraid the client has lost faith and took it to someone who repairs for a fee. What's even more puzzling is that they didn't find anything wrong. But they installed a windows Vista Home edition OS.

Let's just let her suffer the sudden slow-down of her Laptop. Her memory was good but the processor isn't fast enough. now, she's complaining that Her laptop is slower than what it was before. Hehehe.

Nope, I connected it to the USB port using an external sata to usb cable then reformatted it using windows. (as if it was an external HDD). Then I re inserted the HDD to the original laptop then began the reformatting procedures. Everythign goes fine until the error message I mentioned earlier appears. Its just puzzling why it would start loading then say there's no hard disk when half way thru.

Hmm, no, it was originally installed with Windows XP. I just reformatted it so I could re-install XP.

-------------------------------------

Thanks Maesters but I'm afraid the client has lost faith and took it to someone who repairs for a fee. What's even more puzzling is that they didn't find anything wrong. But they installed a windows Vista Home edition OS.

Let's just let her suffer the sudden slow-down of her Laptop. Her memory was good but the processor isn't fast enough. now, she's complaining that Her laptop is slower than what it was before. Hehehe.

Try a warm boot install ( tama ba yung term) you boot the windows xp cd installer then format / install the hard disk