Computer Troubleshooting And Repair

Hiya guyz!!! I am working as a tech support representative and I am planning to leave my current company. I am planning to apply to sutherland because I was informed that the more techie you are the higher the pay and I am asking your help guys if you can give me links to websites or ebooks that I can learn from. Thank you guyz in advance.

help po, my other pc has a problem. when i try to shutdown, it normally shutdown but it turns on again. i have done some basic troubleshooting like:

1. full system scan = no virus

2. clean the pc/ports etc with compressed air

3. check the power button if its stucked or what = nothing is wrong

4. check my drivers if something is wrong = looks fine

5. check on error messages on startup = none

so far wala ako nakita iba, pc works fine when i use it, its just that when i shut it down, it turns on again.

help pls.

Disable Wake On Lan

:goatee: hope you could help me out...my asus eee is displaying a prompt which says "RVHOST.exe - No Disk...there is no disk in the drive...please insert a disk into drive\device\harddisk1\dr2"...i tried doing a system restore but it didnt work out...any ideas...also why is is that i could open a certain email address but could not open another...it seems like the email address which i could not open does not continue...thanks... :goatee:

RVHOST.exe is a malware....

You shouldn't continue to get this threat once it's deleted, unless you come into contact with it again. May I suggest using caution with flash drives, and dont open things that you are unsure about.

Delete these files if they exist:

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\RVHOST.exe

c:\windows\rvhost.exe

%all drives%\new folder.exe

C:\Windows\Tasks\At1.job

Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Run in the registry, and you need delete the entries which contain RVHOST.exe in them, or better yet, change them back to their appropriate paths.

Go to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Policies\System

"DisableTaskManager" = 1 (CHANGE IT TO 0 )

"DisableRegistryTools" = 1 (CHANGE IT TO 0 )

Go to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Policies\Explorer

"nofolderoptions" = 1 (CHANGE IT TO 0)

Go to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\Schedule

"attaskmaxhours" = 0 (CHANGE IT TO 24)

Because this threat may make it unable to access the registry editor, you may need to Merge a .REG Program.

hth.

Please HELP! My 2G RiDATA USB flashdrive can not be recognized in my Dell Latitude laptop with XP. In my desktop with Vista, it works fine, however. Do I need to have XP drivers for it? B)

i think that your dell needs a new USB driver.... you may have it reinstalled via Win XP.

a friend of mine is having quite a problem with her PC, she said that it shuts down on a erratic interval regardless of what she is doing.. no error message prior or blue screen messages, just plain restart.

ano po kaya ang mga possible problems? she is not well versed on computer troubleshootings eh.

I am planning to visit her place one of this days to check so I need to have the possible ideas para makatulong sa kanya..

could be a virus, a spyware or a malware.

help po, my other pc has a problem. when i try to shutdown, it normally shutdown but it turns on again. i have done some basic troubleshooting like:

1. full system scan = no virus

2. clean the pc/ports etc with compressed air

3. check the power button if its stucked or what = nothing is wrong

4. check my drivers if something is wrong = looks fine

5. check on error messages on startup = none

so far wala ako nakita iba, pc works fine when i use it, its just that when i shut it down, it turns on again.

help pls.

try to check also sa BIOS kung may naka configure na auto-restart like wake up LAN, boot from USB device, etc.

try to see the file in c:\windows\minidump. it will say what's causing it. if you need help, just compress the files and have it emailed to me. i'll analyze it for you.

or you can do this:

Start Regedit

Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop

Edit the key PowerOffActive and give it a value of 1

You can do the same in HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Desktop

PM me if it is still not working.

she said it was at least two years.. i had the same hunch that its her power supply is already failing..

or maybe the memory card..

it could be the RAM.... two years is still early for the power supply to fail.

my 320 gb seagate external portable drive just blinks (green led bulb) and emits beeping sound when plugged to my pc and does not show as a drive, when I tried to return it for exchange the clerk tested it in their pc and it worked just fine so they did not exchange it.. when I went home the same problem is still existing no drive is read.. help pls.

my 320 gb seagate external portable drive just blinks (green led bulb) and emits beeping sound when plugged to my pc and does not show as a drive, when I tried to return it for exchange the clerk tested it in their pc and it worked just fine so they did not exchange it.. when I went home the same problem is still existing no drive is read.. help pls.

hi! i assume you're connecting it to a usb port? do other usb devices work?

Hello peeps.. anyone looking for their admin password for the globe broadband EchoLife BM622 WiMAX CPE?

Try this...

user: admin

pw: 2008x2CzFWqMBIG6

if not,

. goto to this url :

http://192.168.1.1/html/management/account.asp

2. view the html source

3. goto line 22 or find this string

"InternetGatewayDevice.UserInterface.X_ATP_UserInfo.1"

you can find similar to this

var UserInfo = new Array(new stUserInfo("InternetGatewayDevice.UserInterface.X_ATP_UserInfo.1","admin","ADMIN_PASSWORD_HERE","2","null"),new stUserInfo("InternetGatewayDevice.UserInterface.X_ATP_UserInfo.2","user","user","1","null"),null);

Note : i use "ADMIN_PASSWORD_HERE" as the replacement of the actual password..

instructional text copied from http://www.pinoydsl.net/viewtopic.php?t=21253

Now this is where i need help. for those who know networking, and use the same device, can i use that access to open specific ports because my main problem is that i cannot upload any file in the internet (even a single pic in facebook) but i can surf and download stuff. I used Port Detective and it says all ports are blocked. I just want to check port 25, 80 and 6080.. thanx!!

Edited by DellrepFox

try replacing your power supply with a higher-rated one (at least 600w), preferably branded

If you're connecting it to a USB port at the front of your CPU, try connecting it to a USB port at the back.

Let's see what happens.

Need help from you folks. My desktop runs on intel Corei7, 6GB ram and 1GB 4870 ATI video card, 64 bit Vista Home Premium OS. A day after I upgraded to Windows 7 it started to malfunction. The machine always restarts, shuts down almost automatically. Any idea on the problem. Appreciate your advisory.

Need help from you folks. My desktop runs on intel Corei7, 6GB ram and 1GB 4870 ATI video card, 64 bit Vista Home Premium OS. A day after I upgraded to Windows 7 it started to malfunction. The machine always restarts, shuts down almost automatically. Any idea on the problem. Appreciate your advisory.

Is your Windows 7 pirated? and cracked it with win 7 activator or loader.. remember when you use this program its modify your bios of motherboard..

and not all motherboard accept this, thats why it keep restarting.. nangyari na kc sa asrock mobo ko... ng mag upgrade ako sa windows 7..

I go to bios setup of computer then go to ACPI Configurations, ACPI settings and then change ACPI HPET table to enable.. then exit with changes..

and now its working with the pirated os.. of course your bios is different with mine.. my mobo bios is American megatrends..

if your windows is a legit one, its different story... peace :thumbsupsmiley:

did you run the compatibility test

i got a similar problem when i upgraded a network card update, what i did is run in a safe mode ( press F8 when the computer starts to boot then choose safe mode ) in your case i dont know what to do, you can try a fresh format and install dirctly the win 7