Computer Troubleshooting And Repair

Please help. when I turn on my PC nothing appears on my monitor, the monitor light just blinks. No sound from the CPU, no red light, the green lights steadily. Thanks!

it means that the PC is not turning on... probable causes are:

- loose connection somewhere...

- motherboard issues.

Hi ask ko lang mga master.

Gamit ko Firefox 3.5.2 eto lumalabas pag punta ko ng tipidpc.com

The page isn't redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

* This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept

cookies.

Pag ibang browser ok naman po.

i would like to ask some tips on how to prevent dead pixels and hinge breakage sa laptop po. I bought an Acer Aspire N280 (Brand New) since my old laptop had a dead pixel and broken hinge already.. :thumbsupsmiley:

Just be careful not to open and close your monitor in a fast motion. Wag din bukas sarado. Hangga't maaari, banayad lang ang pag o operate ng hinges. Very common na yung broken hinges eh. Pero kung luma na talaga yang laptop, malamang lumulutong na rin ang casing kaya nasisira na rin ang hinge.

Dun naman sa dead pixels, yan din ba yung may black line across the screen either horizontally or vertically?

It could be caused by overexposure to moisture especially when subjected to heat immediately afterwards. Just avoid that. Tsaka avoid getting anything hard to hit the monitor screen. Sometimes, it causes small black spots na lumalaki habang tumatagal kapag minalas ka. hehehe.

Edited by alloy v7.6
Just be careful not to open and close your monitor in a fast motion. Wag din bukas sarado. Hangga't maaari, banayad lang ang pag o operate ng hinges. Very common na yung broken hinges eh. Pero kung luma na talaga yang laptop, malamang lumulutong na rin ang casing kaya nasisira na rin ang hinge.

yung previous laptop ko po kasi masyado mahigpit yung hinge eh and yes luma na nga rin yun... thanks a bunch for the advice. :cool:

not exactly a repair question. I've just recently got my hands on an HP proliant ML350 server. trouble is, super tamad ng pinanggalingan na IT to the point that the @sshole did not include the drivers, the manuals, or whatnot. basta super incompetent na IT.

ang importante ay nasa akin na ang server. super alikabok.

anyway, what OS will I install on this? 32 bit or 64 bit?

not exactly a repair question. I've just recently got my hands on an HP proliant ML350 server. trouble is, super tamad ng pinanggalingan na IT to the point that the @sshole did not include the drivers, the manuals, or whatnot. basta super incompetent na IT.

assuming that the server has a pre-installed windows operating systems:

check your processor first.

- start button

- control panel

- system and maintenance

- system

under system, you can view the system type if its 32 or 64 bit.

if it does not come with a pre-installed OS, then you do not have any choice except to go on trial mode. you may not be able to determine that without an operating system installation.

but on the safe side, a 64 bit operating system can run 32 bit applications, but not the other way around.

http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/servers/proliantml350/

linux server the best !!! :D

I hope you can help me with my problem

I bought an ASUS 1005 noteboook last October. It came with pre-installed Windows XP, Office Trial, and Microsoft Works.

Since the MS Office was a trial version, the technician installed unlicensed MS Office 2007. But whenever I open any Office program a window flashes saying " Preparing to Install". It's really annoying, coz it takes a lot of time before the program opens.

Help please. I don't want to reformat it because of the licensed XP and Works.

I bought an ASUS 1005 noteboook last October. It came with pre-installed Windows XP, Office Trial, and Microsoft Works.

Since the MS Office was a trial version, the technician installed unlicensed MS Office 2007. But whenever I open any Office program a window flashes saying " Preparing to Install". It's really annoying, coz it takes a lot of time before the program opens.

Do you have the Windows CD installer or the OEM(this usually contains Windows installer for laptops) CD that came with your laptop? Also, laptops usually have a sticker underneath with the license key. Since you don't want to re-install, Uninstall ALL Office products so you'll have a cleaner system when you try to install Office2003/2007. Buy pirated office2003 or office2007 then install it. Having a copy wouldn't hurt even if it's pirated wouldn't hurt.

try uninstalling the unlicensed ms office 2007. then download open office program from www.openoffice.org. this is a substitute freeware of ms office. almost the same.

Hi ask ko lang mga master.

Gamit ko Firefox 3.5.2 eto lumalabas pag punta ko ng tipidpc.com

The page isn't redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

* This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept

cookies.

Pag ibang browser ok naman po.

Try upgrading to FF 3.5.6

may naka exprerience na sa inyo ng nakakapag ping successfully sa internet

nakakapag teamviewer successfully

pero yung internet explorer 8 and firefox 3.5.5 hindi makapag browse sa internet?

yung desktop pc ng uncle ko ganun

mga 2 weeks na syang ganyan

nag full scan ako ng kaspersky internet security 9

pero alang lumabas

os: legit windows xp professional (di matandaan kung sp2 or sp3)

ang suspect ko is baka na virusan sya ng bagong trojan na virus

ginagamit pa naman sa business ito at nagsisilbing server for quickbooks

any recommendation?

thx

I have a hunch you have antivirus that has a firewall protection which could be blocking the softwares. Do you have any proxy?

guys pahelp im having a problem with my pc...

EMAXX EMX-AMD780G-PRO

ang prob d2 parati ngsshutdown ung pc pagumiinit, dati tapatan lng ng electric fan ayus na magsshutdown lng cya pagngbuburn ng video...

btw onboard ung vcard nya pero nilagyan n din nmin ng vacrd n 1gb still ngsshutdown pa din...

nalagyan n din ng termal compund ung sa heatsink no changes pa dn lalo lng lumala.. ngyn magaayos k lng ng cmos ngsshutdown n pagumabot sa 54 degress ung temperature...

HELP nmn po... thnx!

A possibility that there is high flux of your electricity which is breaking down your power supply. You might want to check also hardware compatibilities. Are you using Intel or AMD? There are circumstances that a PS is not supplying enough wattage also.

Question for the Masters:

May na encounter akong laptop na yung hard disk ay di ko ma install-an ng XP. Na reformat ko na siya, kaso nga lang, tuwing susubukin ko mag install ng fresh copy ng XP, sa una, maglo load siya from boot-up. Then bigla na lang lalabas ang error na as if walang hard drive na naka install.

Anybody encountered this before? Any feedback would surely help. TIA!

How are you doing the reformat? Are you using a different boot up disk to reformat? Was there partitioning done using a Vista boot CD? There is a chance that you have partition using VISTA boot, you would need to delete those partitions and then use an XP boot CD to create new partitions. From then it should work fine.

:goatee: hope you could help me out...my asus eee is displaying a prompt which says "RVHOST.exe - No Disk...there is no disk in the drive...please insert a disk into drive\device\harddisk1\dr2"...i tried doing a system restore but it didnt work out...any ideas...also why is is that i could open a certain email address but could not open another...it seems like the email address which i could not open does not continue...thanks... :goatee:

Pa help naman nag blue screen lagi pc ko after 5 mins na ma open ko ano kaya problema d2? thanks

might be your RAM. clean the memory slots and contact points of the memory modules. see if that stops the BSOD.

If not then depending on the number of memory sticks you have, try using only one stick of RAM, then the other...makes it easier to isolate which stick is causing you issues.

check Event Viewer>System for errors. then google it.

good luck.

a friend of mine is having quite a problem with her PC, she said that it shuts down on a erratic interval regardless of what she is doing.. no error message prior or blue screen messages, just plain restart.

ano po kaya ang mga possible problems? she is not well versed on computer troubleshootings eh.

I am planning to visit her place one of this days to check so I need to have the possible ideas para makatulong sa kanya..

help po, my other pc has a problem. when i try to shutdown, it normally shutdown but it turns on again. i have done some basic troubleshooting like:

1. full system scan = no virus

2. clean the pc/ports etc with compressed air

3. check the power button if its stucked or what = nothing is wrong

4. check my drivers if something is wrong = looks fine

5. check on error messages on startup = none

so far wala ako nakita iba, pc works fine when i use it, its just that when i shut it down, it turns on again.

help pls.

a friend of mine is having quite a problem with her PC, she said that it shuts down on a erratic interval regardless of what she is doing.. no error message prior or blue screen messages, just plain restart.

ano po kaya ang mga possible problems? she is not well versed on computer troubleshootings eh.

I am planning to visit her place one of this days to check so I need to have the possible ideas para makatulong sa kanya..

how old is the computer? i think it is the power supply unit that causes the problem.

:thumbsupsmiley: standard trouble shooting back when i was working as techsupport with DELL(inspiron,dimension,xps,latitude,vostro). try reseating (taking out and putting back in) the memory and video card. then try one memory stick at a time if u have more than 1. for laptop, also reseat the battery and other cards like wireless and bluetooth card.