Computer Troubleshooting And Repair

Di ko ma -open ang laptop ko. Eto ang lumalabas sa black screen

Windows could not start because the followingfile is missing or corrupt:

you can attempt to repair this file by statting windows setup using the original set-up CD-ROM.

Select 'r' at the first screen to start repair.

Patulong naman.... wala naman akong nung original set-up CDrom na un e...

ano gagawin ko?

tnx but i cant seem to find a relyable rootkit removal. ive googled it pero need pang purchase after ng scan. meron ka pong alam na free rootkit removal?

try rootalyzer and then what ever it finds you have to remove it using avenger...there's a script provided by rootalyzer that you have to put in avenger so that it removes the rootkit. make sure system restore is disabled first before you do any spyware or virus removal :thumbsupsmiley:

Di ko ma -open ang laptop ko. Eto ang lumalabas sa black screen

Windows could not start because the followingfile is missing or corrupt:

you can attempt to repair this file by statting windows setup using the original set-up CD-ROM.

Select 'r' at the first screen to start repair.

Patulong naman.... wala naman akong nung original set-up CDrom na un e...

ano gagawin ko?

what's the missing file? the steps would depend on which file is missing. :thumbsupsmiley:

Edited by SamanthaJones
try rootalyzer and then what ever it finds you have to remove if using avenger...there's a script provided by rootalyzer that you have to put in avenger so that it removes the rootkit. make sure system restore is disabled first before you do any spyware or virus removal :thumbsupsmiley:

what's the missing file? the steps would depend on which file is missing. :thumbsupsmiley:

ty po sa reply Samanthajones

eto daw ang missing or corrupt file :

\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM

Help me naman...ty

ty po sa reply Samanthajones

eto daw ang missing or corrupt file :

\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM

Help me naman...ty

try this article

Easy Method

1/ Restart your PC

2/ Keep tapping the F8 Button until a menu appears

3/ When the menu appears use the UP and DOWN arrow keys to select the ‘Last known good configuration’ option.

4/ Once selected press Enter

5/ Your PC should now reinstall the ‘last known good configuration file’

6/ Restart your PC and see if the problem has been solved

7/ If it hasn’t go on to the Harder Method below.

Harder Method

Step One

1/ Insert the Windows XP CD into the CD-ROM and restart your pc

2/ At the ‘Welcome to Setup’ screen press R to start the recovery Console

3/ The Recovery Console will now open and the list of Windows installations will appear

4/ As you only have one installation on your PC you need to press the number which is relevant to your installations location. This, obviously will typically be

5/ When requested type in your Administrator password. If you haven’t set an administrator password, then simply press Enter

6/ The Recovery Console command prompt window will now appear

7/ At the Command prompt type the following, pressing Enter after you have typed each line. It is assumed that your root directory will be C: However, if your root directory isn't C:, for example, if you have other partitions/drives on your system you may have installed XP to say the D: drive, the you will need to substitute each reference to C: with the letter of your root directory.

md tmp

copy c:\windows\system32\config\system c:\windows\tmp\system.bak

copy c:\windows\system32\config\software c:\windows\tmp\software.bak

copy c:\windows\system32\config\sam c:\windows\tmp\sam.bak

copy c:\windows\system32\config\security c:\windows\tmp\security.bak

copy c:\windows\system32\config\default c:\windows\tmp\default.bak

delete c:\windows\system32\config\system

delete c:\windows\system32\config\software

delete c:\windows\system32\config\sam

delete c:\windows\system32\config\security

delete c:\windows\system32\config\default

copy c:\windows\repair\system c:\windows\system32\config\system

copy c:\windows\repair\software c:\windows\system32\config\software

copy c:\windows\repair\sam c:\windows\system32\config\sam

copy c:\windows\repair\security c:\windows\system32\config\security

copy c:\windows\repair\default c:\windows\system32\config\default

8/ Now type Exit to exit the recovery console

9/ Finally restart your pc

Step Two

10/ When the PC restarts log on as Administrator. if you are using Windows XP Home you can only log on as Administrator via Safe Mode.

11/ The next step is to copy the registry files from their backed up location using system restore. However, before you can begin you need to set the folder options in Windows Explorer to Show Hidden Files and Folders

12/ Open Windows Explorer

13/ Click the Tools option on the main toolbar

14/ From the drop down menu click on Folder options

15/ In the Folder options window click the View tab

16/ Look down the file list until you come to a section marked Hidden Files and Folders

17/ Click on the Radio button on the left of the option Show hidden Files and Folders to enable this option

18/ Next move down two lines and remove the check mark next to the option Hide Protected operating system files (Recommended)

19/ You will receive a message informing you that editing or deleting these files could cause damage to your system. Click Yes to confirm that you want to display these files.

20/ From the folder/directory list in Windows explorer click on the drive where you installed Windows XP

21/ Open the System Volume Information folder (The folder appears dimmed) If you receive a System volume Information is not accessible. access denied Error message see Microsoft Knowledgebase Article 309531

22/ Inside you will find one or more folders that look something like this "_restore{87BD3667-3246-476B-923F-F86E30B3E7F8}".

23/ If the folders are displayed as icons or thumbnails click the View option on the main toolbar and click on Details to give a more detailed view of the files

24/ Select a file that was not created at the current time and that starts with RPx (these are Restore Points)

25/ Open one of these folders and look for a Snapshot folder - for example: C:\System Volume Information\_restore{D86480E3-73EF-47BC-A0EB-A81BE6EE3ED8}\RP1\Snapshot

26/ From this snapshot folder copy the following files to C:\Windows\tmp folder

_REGISTRY_USER_.DEFAULT

_REGISTRY_MACHINE_SECURITY

_REGISTRY_MACHINE_SOFTWARE

_REGISTRY_MACHINE_SYSTEM

_REGISTRY_MACHINE_SAM

27/ Now rename the files as follows:

Rename _REGISTRY_USER_.DEFAULT to DEFAULT

Rename _REGISTRY_MACHINE_SECURITY to SECURITY

Rename _REGISTRY_MACHINE_SOFTWARE to SOFTWARE

Rename _REGISTRY_MACHINE_SYSTEM to SYSTEM

Rename _REGISTRY_MACHINE_SAM to SAM

Step Three

28/ You now have to delete the existing registry files and copy the system restore registry files to the C:\Windows\System32\Config folder: You can do this either by using Recovery Console or (if you file system is FAT32) by using a Windows 98 Start Up Disk) Whichever method you use you will be presented with a command prompt. At the command prompt type the following, remembering to press Enter after you have typed each line.

del c:\windows\system32\config\sam

del c:\windows\system32\config\security

del c:\windows\system32\config\software

del c:\windows\system32\config\default

del

c:\windows\system32\config\system

29/ Now type the following, pressing Enter after you have typed each line:

copy c:\windows\tmp\software c:\windows\system32\config\software

copy c:\windows\tmp\system c:\windows\system32\config\system

copy c:\windows\tmp\sam c:\windows\system32\config\sam

copy c:\windows\tmp\security c:\windows\system32\config\security

copy c:\windows\tmp\default c:\windows\system32\config\default

30/ Finally Exit Recovery Console and Restart your PC (If you are using the Windows 98 startup disk simply press CTRL-ALT-DEL to restart your pc

Step Four

31/ After your PC has rebooted click the Start button followed by All Programs

32/ From the All Programs menu click Accessories

33/ From the Accessories drop down menu click on System Restore

34/ From the System Restore window click on the Restore to a Previous Restore Point option and restore your pc to a previous restore point

try this article

Easy Method

1/ Restart your PC

2/ Keep tapping the F8 Button until a menu appears

3/ When the menu appears use the UP and DOWN arrow keys to select the ‘Last known good configuration’ option.

4/ Once selected press Enter

5/ Your PC should now reinstall the ‘last known good configuration file’

6/ Restart your PC and see if the problem has been solved

7/ If it hasn’t go on to the Harder Method below.

Harder Method

Step One

1/ Insert the Windows XP CD into the CD-ROM and restart your pc

2/ At the ‘Welcome to Setup’ screen press R to start the recovery Console

3/ The Recovery Console will now open and the list of Windows installations will appear

4/ As you only have one installation on your PC you need to press the number which is relevant to your installations location. This, obviously will typically be

5/ When requested type in your Administrator password. If you haven’t set an administrator password, then simply press Enter

6/ The Recovery Console command prompt window will now appear

7/ At the Command prompt type the following, pressing Enter after you have typed each line. It is assumed that your root directory will be C: However, if your root directory isn't C:, for example, if you have other partitions/drives on your system you may have installed XP to say the D: drive, the you will need to substitute each reference to C: with the letter of your root directory.

md tmp

copy c:\windows\system32\config\system c:\windows\tmp\system.bak

copy c:\windows\system32\config\software c:\windows\tmp\software.bak

copy c:\windows\system32\config\sam c:\windows\tmp\sam.bak

copy c:\windows\system32\config\security c:\windows\tmp\security.bak

copy c:\windows\system32\config\default c:\windows\tmp\default.bak

delete c:\windows\system32\config\system

delete c:\windows\system32\config\software

delete c:\windows\system32\config\sam

delete c:\windows\system32\config\security

delete c:\windows\system32\config\default

copy c:\windows\repair\system c:\windows\system32\config\system

copy c:\windows\repair\software c:\windows\system32\config\software

copy c:\windows\repair\sam c:\windows\system32\config\sam

copy c:\windows\repair\security c:\windows\system32\config\security

copy c:\windows\repair\default c:\windows\system32\config\default

8/ Now type Exit to exit the recovery console

9/ Finally restart your pc

Step Two

10/ When the PC restarts log on as Administrator. if you are using Windows XP Home you can only log on as Administrator via Safe Mode.

11/ The next step is to copy the registry files from their backed up location using system restore. However, before you can begin you need to set the folder options in Windows Explorer to Show Hidden Files and Folders

12/ Open Windows Explorer

13/ Click the Tools option on the main toolbar

14/ From the drop down menu click on Folder options

15/ In the Folder options window click the View tab

16/ Look down the file list until you come to a section marked Hidden Files and Folders

17/ Click on the Radio button on the left of the option Show hidden Files and Folders to enable this option

18/ Next move down two lines and remove the check mark next to the option Hide Protected operating system files (Recommended)

19/ You will receive a message informing you that editing or deleting these files could cause damage to your system. Click Yes to confirm that you want to display these files.

20/ From the folder/directory list in Windows explorer click on the drive where you installed Windows XP

21/ Open the System Volume Information folder (The folder appears dimmed) If you receive a System volume Information is not accessible. access denied Error message see Microsoft Knowledgebase Article 309531

22/ Inside you will find one or more folders that look something like this "_restore{87BD3667-3246-476B-923F-F86E30B3E7F8}".

23/ If the folders are displayed as icons or thumbnails click the View option on the main toolbar and click on Details to give a more detailed view of the files

24/ Select a file that was not created at the current time and that starts with RPx (these are Restore Points)

25/ Open one of these folders and look for a Snapshot folder - for example: C:\System Volume Information\_restore{D86480E3-73EF-47BC-A0EB-A81BE6EE3ED8}\RP1\Snapshot

26/ From this snapshot folder copy the following files to C:\Windows\tmp folder

_REGISTRY_USER_.DEFAULT

_REGISTRY_MACHINE_SECURITY

_REGISTRY_MACHINE_SOFTWARE

_REGISTRY_MACHINE_SYSTEM

_REGISTRY_MACHINE_SAM

27/ Now rename the files as follows:

Rename _REGISTRY_USER_.DEFAULT to DEFAULT

Rename _REGISTRY_MACHINE_SECURITY to SECURITY

Rename _REGISTRY_MACHINE_SOFTWARE to SOFTWARE

Rename _REGISTRY_MACHINE_SYSTEM to SYSTEM

Rename _REGISTRY_MACHINE_SAM to SAM

Step Three

28/ You now have to delete the existing registry files and copy the system restore registry files to the C:\Windows\System32\Config folder: You can do this either by using Recovery Console or (if you file system is FAT32) by using a Windows 98 Start Up Disk) Whichever method you use you will be presented with a command prompt. At the command prompt type the following, remembering to press Enter after you have typed each line.

del c:\windows\system32\config\sam

del c:\windows\system32\config\security

del c:\windows\system32\config\software

del c:\windows\system32\config\default

del

c:\windows\system32\config\system

29/ Now type the following, pressing Enter after you have typed each line:

copy c:\windows\tmp\software c:\windows\system32\config\software

copy c:\windows\tmp\system c:\windows\system32\config\system

copy c:\windows\tmp\sam c:\windows\system32\config\sam

copy c:\windows\tmp\security c:\windows\system32\config\security

copy c:\windows\tmp\default c:\windows\system32\config\default

30/ Finally Exit Recovery Console and Restart your PC (If you are using the Windows 98 startup disk simply press CTRL-ALT-DEL to restart your pc

Step Four

31/ After your PC has rebooted click the Start button followed by All Programs

32/ From the All Programs menu click Accessories

33/ From the Accessories drop down menu click on System Restore

34/ From the System Restore window click on the Restore to a Previous Restore Point option and restore your pc to a previous restore point

ill try this one....thanks

hi experts,,,eto pa isang problema ng laptop ko..

pag on ko eto agad lumalabas ?

Intel UNDI, PXE-2.0 (Build 082)

Copyright © 1997-2000 Intel Corp

For Realtek RTL8139(x)/8130/810X

PCI Fast Ethernet Controller V2.13 (020326)

PXE E61 - Media Test Failure Check Cable

PXE-MOF: Exiting PXE ROM

hi experts,,,eto pa isang problema ng laptop ko..

pag on ko eto agad lumalabas ?

Intel UNDI, PXE-2.0 (Build 082)

Copyright © 1997-2000 Intel Corp

For Realtek RTL8139(x)/8130/810X

PCI Fast Ethernet Controller V2.13 (020326)

PXE E61 - Media Test Failure Check Cable

PXE-MOF: Exiting PXE ROM

It seems to be booting to the network. check your computer's BIOS - usually you press either the DEL key or some Fkeys to get into setup - check the boot sequence, make sure its set as Harddisk first and not PXE or you could probably disable pxe boot. can't give any specifics cause your BIOS would depen on the kind of MOBO you have. It also possible that even if you have your Hard disk as the first bootable device but its still booting to PXE may also mean that you may have a problem with your harddrive.

It seems to be booting to the network. check your computer's BIOS - usually you press either the DEL key or some Fkeys to get into setup - check the boot sequence, make sure its set as Harddisk first and not PXE or you could probably disable pxe boot. can't give any specifics cause your BIOS would depen on the kind of MOBO you have. It also possible that even if you have your Hard disk as the first bootable device but its still booting to PXE may also mean that you may have a problem with your harddrive.

SJ :

You are such a great help for a computer dumb ass like me... You are heaven sent... I love you man or woman...

Any way, I noticed that when I didn't connect my laptop to any network lines or internet, it opens normally and the problem mentioned is absent. Is that my temporary solution? ( wala nga lang akong internet).

SJ :

You are such a great help for a computer dumb ass like me... You are heaven sent... I love you man or woman...

Any way, I noticed that when I didn't connect my laptop to any network lines or internet, it opens normally and the problem mentioned is absent. Is that my temporary solution? ( wala nga lang akong internet).

No problem dude, glad to be of help. Well if that's the case then go ahead and check your BIOS boot sequence disable boot to network or pxe boot. :thumbsupsmiley:

Hi guys! :zorro:

Just have some curious queries: :blink:

I recently coverted several downloaded .avi files into VCD format and burned them into a DVD-R media.

The thing is, the converted VCD files were technically around 1.5 Gig (at best) but the DVD-R is good for 4.7 Gig.

But only 1.5 Gig (around 3 eps of a TV series) can be burned.\

Another thing is that I burned some MP3 files into a CD-R disk - which is around 700MB in capacity.

The question here is that how come I can only burn less than 20 files when I was all along expecting to burn at least a hundred files?

Am I missing something here? Did I do something wrong? :huh:

Does an ISO image software become handy in my case?

Because honestly speaking, I haven't tried and using it and am quite ignorant with its application - although there are introductions or explanations about it.

Many thanks in advance who can help me out! :)

convert the avi to vcd usually in .dat file and save it as iso before burning and see what is the total file size. avi is the compressed format converting it will expand the file.

when buring mp3 in cd don't burn it as music cd it will again expand the mp3 and create an audio cd instead burn as data then copy till you fill 700mb.

Let me ask you a few questions first, if its ok with you...Do you get an error when you open YM or IE? What message do you get?

:goatee: the usual error as if you are not connected to the internet wherein the page could not be displayed...my ym just keeps on connecting but wont get through...i have tried disabling my firewall but still it doesnt work... :goatee:

:goatee: the usual error as if you are not connected to the internet wherein the page could not be displayed...my ym just keeps on connecting but wont get through...i have tried disabling my firewall but still it doesnt work... :goatee:

First off what internet security suite are you using? Which firewall did you disable? How are you connected to the internet? What operating system are you using? Let's work with the information you provided. Check if there is a proxy server set for your browser. Could be set to something so disable it. Usually YM is set to http tunnel so with proxy set where it is not called for blocks both browser and YM. But based on the info provided so far it could still be anything. :)

Thanks a lot for the input itikbitik! :thumbsupsmiley:

Will definitely try your suggestion out. :zorro:

By the way, do you have any suggested video/audio converter so I can do it as you have suggested? :call:

More power to you! :cool:

Try ImToo. I use several software to make my DVDs from AVI and I use a linux os so It has been a while since I used windows for "reverse-ripping".

DEP is a feature in XP-SP2. Its an added security feature.

If your computer is set to apply DEP to all programs and services, the DEP error message will have a Change Settings button. If an update to the program is not available, follow these steps to add an exception for the program from the DEP error message:

1. When you receive the error message that is mentioned in the "Symptoms" section, click Change Settings.

2. Click to select the check box next to the program, and then click Apply.

3. When you are prompted to restart your computer, click OK two times, and then restart your system.

You can also add an exception for the program by using System Properties in Control Panel. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Click Start, click Run, type sysdm.cpl, and then click OK.

2. Click the Advanced tab, click Performance, and then click Settings.

3. In Performance Options, click the Data Execution Prevention tab, and then click Add.

4. In the Open dialog box, locate and then click the program.

5. Click Open, click Apply, and then click OK. When you are prompted to restart your computer, click OK.

How to remove?

it cannot be removed...but you can turn it off. steps below:

1. right click my computer

2. click properties

3. click advanced tab

4. click on the settings button in the performance section

5. click on data execution prevention tab

6. Select the item labeled "Turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services only". This, effectively turns off DEP for everything else.

hth.

Edited by Google
When I open a folder containing videos, an error occurs.

Can someone please help... Thanks.

I'm using windows XP.

Info:

AppName: explorer.exe AppVer: 6.0.2900.5512 ModName: emzdecmp4_h263.dll

ModVer: 2.9.0.0 Offset: 00002847

your system might be infected with malware or your windows system files are corrupted.

1. Run some malware removal tools to check for spyware.

2. For the File corruption:

ran SFC.EXE /SCANNOW from the Run prompt.

Disable Script Debugging - Internet Explorer

re-installed Div-X

your system might be infected with malware or your windows system files are corrupted.

1. Run some malware removal tools to check for spyware.

2. For the File corruption:

ran SFC.EXE /SCANNOW from the Run prompt.

Disable Script Debugging - Internet Explorer

re-installed Div-X

thanks for the reply!

can you recommend a good malware remover?

hi guys need your help....

i bought a laptop like a year ago...I purchase it with a Recovery disc on it..

Unfortunately i lost it...Is there a way to recover it?

Is recovery disc really important?

pls advise ..Thanks!

What brand? Usually It can be downloaded somewhere :D

If not you can always rebuild using a boot leg XP and hack it to use your key.

Edited by itikbitik
  • 2 weeks later...

mga bossing. need your help. last week i bought a 1tb western digital my book essential (external hard drive). ang problem ko is everytime na magre-restart ng pc ayaw magtuloy sa windows kapag naka plug sa pc ko ung 1tb western digital my book. kelangan nakatanggal siya bago magtuloy sa windows. i tried it sa ibang pc ok naman. sa ken lang talaga ayaw. thanks po!