Computer Troubleshooting And Repair

yung drive C ko (20GB), pina split ko dati sa technician into 2 drives. drive C to contain the OS. drive D to contain personal data. after a couple of years, i added an additional drive - let's call it drive F (80GB). just recently, i also acquired an external drive - WD Passport (320GB). I noticed when i transferred most of my files from drive F to my WD Passport, nabawasan din ang kinakain na space sa drive C. ultimately pati files sa drive d ko nilipat ko na lahat sa external drive ko.

my questions:

1. now that i have plenty of space, i would like to merge/combine Drive C and Drive D again. how do i do it? i saw in the properties of drive c: compress drive to save disk space. what happens if i click this?

2. and since i've transferred most of my files to my external drive, me effect ba ito sa RAM ng PC ko? i only have 512MB, meaning mas bibilis na ba since nabawasan na ng space/files ang mga drives. my purpose is to downloads lots of dvd movies and play in my pc. would you recommend that i upgrade my memory/ram to at least 1GB?

tnx very much for your advice.

Edited by wizard23

replies below.

yung drive C ko (20GB), pina split ko dati sa technician into 2 drives. drive C to contain the OS. drive D to contain personal data. after a couple of years, i added an additional drive - let's call it drive F (80GB). just recently, i also acquired an external drive - WD Passport (320GB). I noticed when i transferred most of my files from drive F to my WD Passport, nabawasan din ang kinakain na space sa drive C. ultimately pati files sa drive d ko nilipat ko na lahat sa external drive ko.

my questions:

1. now that i have plenty of space, i would like to merge/combine Drive C and Drive D again. how do i do it? i saw in the properties of drive c: compress drive to save disk space. what happens if i click this?

- backup mo muna lahat ng laman ng drive d mo and use Disk management under computer management - administrative tools.

2. and since i've transferred most of my files to my external drive, me effect ba ito sa RAM ng PC ko? i only have 512MB, meaning mas bibilis na ba since nabawasan na ng space/files ang mga drives. my purpose is to downloads lots of dvd movies and play in my pc. would you recommend that i upgrade my memory/ram to at least 1GB?

- hindi sya makaka affect sa RAM.

tnx very much for your advice.

Autorun or Autoplay (disabled) not working when I inserted the CD or USB. Any one can help me how to enable it again!!!

Thanks in advance

1. Open Windows Explorer by pressing the Windows + "e" key.

2. Right-click the desired CD-ROM and select Properties from the menu.

3. Select the AutoPlay tab.

4. Select each item from the pulldown list and for the Action to perform, select "Take no action" to disable autorun, or pick the apporpriate action to take if enabling autorun.

5. Select OK.

sir ano po ba gagawin ko tuwing mag browse ako sa mozilla minsan lalabas URl blocked daw kahit na sa friendster ko

pinindot ko lang yung forgot password URL blocked daw minsan din sa ibang site pano po ba ito ayusin sana detalyado

mahina kasi ako sa pc thanks.

sir ano po ba gagawin ko tuwing mag browse ako sa mozilla minsan lalabas URl blocked daw kahit na sa friendster ko

pinindot ko lang yung forgot password URL blocked daw minsan din sa ibang site pano po ba ito ayusin sana detalyado

are you accessing the internet behind a company firewall? o sabahay lang? please give more details..

hi google, what happens if i delete the logical drive of my hard drive D. it contains 10GB. will it merge with my drive c which contains 10GB also. will my drive C's capacity become 20GB o mawawala na din yung 10GB from drive D. tnx

correct me if i'm wrong, but if you delete your d drive which is the logical drive it becomes an unpartitioned space in your hdd so you will have to format it again for it be useable. if your on windows xp it will not become part of your active partition unless you reformat the entire hdd, with vista i think you can merge it with your c partition.

paki correct na lang po kung mali ang info na alam ko. thanks!

Edited by SamanthaJones

^ fairly accurate. :thumbsupsmiley:

if wizard23's original setup were 1 physical hard drive partitioned into 2 logical drives C & D with 10GB each...

and drive D is "deleted" (assuming what is meant is that the partition is deleted)...

then what used to be drive D will become unpartitioned space. drive C will still be 10GB at this point.

to "merge" the original 2 logical drives C & D into 1 logical drive with 20GB capacity, both partitions must first be deleted. then a new single partition must be created & assigned a capacity of 20GB.

hi google, what happens if i delete the logical drive of my hard drive D. it contains 10GB. will it merge with my drive c which contains 10GB also. will my drive C's capacity become 20GB o mawawala na din yung 10GB from drive D. tnx

Hi if you delete your 10G logical drive D it will just be an Unpartitioned space in your hard drive. It won't merge with your drive C:. It you want to add the capacity of your drive D: to your drive C: you will be needing a third party software like Partition Magic. You can combine both drives C: and D: into one logical drive. You can even do it while you PC is "LIVE" meaning the merging of the two partition can take place even if the operating system installed in drive C: is the one that is currently in use. I hope this helps. Just PM me if you need any additional help. :thumbsupsmiley:

:goatee: sir i already tried the following remedies you posted...it still generated the same response...does this mean that my cd drive is already busted that i have to have it replaced already...if so, could anyone give me an idea on how much it would cost for me to replace the dvd drive on my laptop...thanks a bunch... :goatee:

may available akong spare combo drive for laptop mga 2.5k

pati intallation na kasama kung interested ka you can e-mail me

ask_sacho@yahoo.com

1.) tignan mo kung correct yun time and date ng pc mo

2.) try mong e off yun firewall mo

3.) isa pa virus kung meron yun pc mo talagang e block ka.

Hi if you delete your 10G logical drive D it will just be an Unpartitioned space in your hard drive. It won't merge with your drive C:. It you want to add the capacity of your drive D: to your drive C: you will be needing a third party software like Partition Magic. You can combine both drives C: and D: into one logical drive. You can even do it while you PC is "LIVE" meaning the merging of the two partition can take place even if the operating system installed in drive C: is the one that is currently in use. I hope this helps. Just PM me if you need any additional help. :thumbsupsmiley:

tnx sir xincognitox. hope i can do it myself. will check if partition magic is free to download. =)

hi. it's me again. =) i just bought a dvd writer from an ebayer so 2nd hand item sya. pinainstall ko. ok naman it's working. but when i got home, after a few tries. nag stuck up na sya. ayaw na nya mag open. so i had to insert a paper clip dun sa butas para ma open. other than that, ok naman yung dvd writer. i've tested it and it's reading dvds naman.

my question is, is there a way para mag open na sya the normal way instead of opening it up everytime by using paper clip and pulling the tray? would appreciate your suggestion.

hi. it's me again. =) i just bought a dvd writer from an ebayer so 2nd hand item sya. pinainstall ko. ok naman it's working. but when i got home, after a few tries. nag stuck up na sya. ayaw na nya mag open. so i had to insert a paper clip dun sa butas para ma open. other than that, ok naman yung dvd writer. i've tested it and it's reading dvds naman.

my question is, is there a way para mag open na sya the normal way instead of opening it up everytime by using paper clip and pulling the tray? would appreciate your suggestion.

sa pagkakaalam ko wala e..yan lang talaga ang way...

1. Open Windows Explorer by pressing the Windows + "e" key.

2. Right-click the desired CD-ROM and select Properties from the menu.

3. Select the AutoPlay tab.

4. Select each item from the pulldown list and for the Action to perform, select "Take no action" to disable autorun, or pick the apporpriate action to take if enabling autorun.

5. Select OK.

still not working sir google :upside:

Autorun or Autoplay (disabled) not working when I inserted the CD or USB. Any one can help me how to enable it again!!!

Thanks in advance

you can try the following...

Auto-Play: Enable

Control Panel/Administrative Tools/Services/Shell Hardware Detection/Return this service to Automatic.

Start/Run/Gpedit.msc/Computer Configuration/Administrative Templates/System. Check your settings in the right pane for Turn Off AutoPlay (and modify).

Start/Run/Regedit

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet\Services\Cdrom. AutoRun = 1

Or run this edit: autoplay repair tool

I turned on my pc the other day and it suddenly wouldn't boot up. Until now it won't boot up. It always shows the menu where I can choose among the following:

1. Safe Mode

2. Safe Mode with networking

3. Safe Mode with Command Prompt.

etc. ....

I've chosen all the options and I still can't get my pc to work. Is there a way around this problem? A friend recommended I make a boot CD but I don't know how to do that.

Thanks!

I turned on my pc the other day and it suddenly wouldn't boot up. Until now it won't boot up. It always shows the menu where I can choose among the following:

1. Safe Mode

etc. ....

I've chosen all the options and I still can't get my pc to work. Is there a way around this problem? A friend recommended I make a boot CD but I don't know how to do that.

Thanks!

There should be at least a message on the screen or any sign at all after hitting those options.They might give a clue.Or maybe some "signs" like beeps or sounds from the tower.Pray the OS is not totally corrupted,else you'll have to re-do everything.It might just be a little hiccup on the hard drive,could not load the OS for some reason..There must be a way to test or diagnose the hard drive.(Maybe a manual and a disk that came with it).I think that must be done first.It can even be repaired if it comes to that,but still save some of your files.

Now,ako din penge tulong,,,for some reason,my internet is becoming very slow (i know it's slow coz i can gauge it's "natural" speed,for lack of better terms,considering the specs I have,things I do,programs I got and run,type of Bayantel DSL plan,etc.,etc.),,,initially sobrang lakas nya,mga 700-800kbs s Speedtest.Then after a while,dn ma open gmail,dhil nag time out,MTC taas lng nkikita,tpos takbo lng ng takbo...Tapos Speedtest k uli,,100kps nlng or sometimes 30-60kbps!!

Panu ko mkk punta s Pick-Up places???(hehe,kidding),,,anyway,any input guys?Nag system restore n ko for like 3weeks back,la p din,,Tinanggal me n eset kc p expire na,,palit ng AVG,medyo gumanda s umpisa,then un nmn ulit,,,It just went back to the cycle..

Recently,a Bayantel tech found out "sunog" ung RJ45 connector s phone box(?) (ung box connected to another box outside,where the splitter connects to?)..since la daw cla clipper to make that jack,dinerekta nya ung cable from the splitter to that box!Ung Black and Green tiny cables.Is that a bad thing?Could it be it?...It happened nga pla coz la dial tone ung phone (and hence no dsl),and that was a tech for phonelines,not dsl.

Any opinions? (cenxa n s haba)

Edited by julz2006

1. Safe Mode

etc. ....

Thanks!

Since its no longer booting up to normal mode or even the safe mode options, definitely the only option left is to reinstall windows. However, you might have a hardware problem that may need to be checked first before doing windows reinstallation. Assuming that you have a spare computer or hard drive you may try swapping the harddrive with that of the other computer to check if it works fine.

If you don't have one, then you'll have to proceed to the next step.If you don't back up your files regularly, a Windows Reinstall is really gonna hurt because you will lose all your files and programs you have already installed. There's still another way to get your files though but then its gonna be a long process. You can try doing a PARALLEL INSTALL (DIRTY INSTALL) here's link (screenshot) on how to do it, BTW, this is for XP only>> http://gur.in/xp_parallel.htm

When its finish, you'd be able to boot normally and check all your files and back them up but it is still imperative that you do a Clean Installation of Windows XP after this. Hope this helps. Cheers!

Edited by SamanthaJones