Computer Troubleshooting And Repair

If you don't have one, then you'll have to proceed to the next step.If you don't back up your files regularly, a Windows Reinstall is really gonna hurt because you will lose all your files and programs you have already installed. There's still another way to get your files though but then its gonna be a long process. You can try doing a PARALLEL INSTALL (DIRTY INSTALL) here's link (screenshot) on how to do it, BTW, this is for XP only>> http://gur.in/xp_parallel.htm

a reinstall is safe naman diba as long as you don't reformat? i've done this a few times and all my files are still intact. pero a clean install (w/ reformat) is the better option talaga para sure na tanggal mga windows problems mo. if your windows and program files are in a separate drive as your documents, mp3's and other personal files, then even a clean reinstall is safe as long as you still have all your setup files for all you programs.

a common practice nowadays (which i follow) is to partition drive into two, a C:\ drive where i install windows and all other programs like ms office, etc; and a D:\drive where i store all my documents, music, videos. this way pag nagloko ang windows ko i can just re-format my C:\drive and put a fresh installation of windows there.

Edited by countrystyle
a reinstall is safe naman diba as long as you don't reformat? i've done this a few times and all my files are still intact. pero a clean install (w/ reformat) is the better option talaga para sure na tanggal mga windows problems mo. if your windows and program files are in a separate drive as your documents, mp3's and other personal files, then even a clean reinstall is safe as long as you still have all your setup files for all you programs.

a common practice nowadays (which i follow) is to partition drive into two, a C:\ drive where i install windows and all other programs like ms office, etc; and a D:\drive where i store all my documents, music, videos. this way pag nagloko ang windows ko i can just re-format my C:\drive and put a fresh installation of windows there.

Yes that's right reinstalling windows and not reformatting - will not make you loose your files, is also called the Parallel Install - you install another copy of windows on top of your current windows installation - but not recommended. Its better though like what you said if you have a separate partition in the Hard drive for your files, in that way no matter how many times you reinstall windows on C: its gonna be ok.

Edited by SamanthaJones
pany po b ang teknik ulit para maging genuine ang windows xp?t.i.a

there's thick crack you need to download. I believe its called WGA PATCH. or you can try the following...don't know if it works though.. try it at your own risk..

1. Click Start, and then click Run.
  2. In the Open box, type regedit, and then click OK.
  3. In the left pane, locate and then click the following registry key:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\Current Version\WPAEvents
  4. In the right pane, right-click OOBETimer, and then click Modify.
  5. Change at least one digit of this value to deactivate Windows.
  6. Click Start, and then click Run.
  7. In the Open box, type the following command, and then click OK.%systemroot%\system32\oobe\msoobe.exe /a
  8. Click Yes, I want to telephone a customer service representative to activate Windows, and then click Next.
  9. Click Change Product key.
  10. Type the new product key in the New key boxes, and then click Update. If you are returned to the previous window, click Remind me later, and then restart the computer.
  11. Repeat steps 6 to verify that Windows is activated. You receive the following message:Windows is already activated. Click OK to exit.

I turned on my pc the other day and it suddenly wouldn't boot up. Until now it won't boot up. It always shows the menu where I can choose among the following:

1. Safe Mode

2. Safe Mode with networking

3. Safe Mode with Command Prompt.

etc. ....

I've chosen all the options and I still can't get my pc to work. Is there a way around this problem? A friend recommended I make a boot CD but I don't know how to do that.

Thanks!

^ there should have been another option that should have said:

"last known good configuration" or something like that. try to boot using that option. If you had your "system restore" on prior to the crash then this would have save your last known good configuration. if this doesn't work then try whatever SamanthaJones or countrystyle suggested.

hope this helps. :)

my internet connection is fine, normal yung speed nakakalaro ako ng onlines games at ayos naman yung speed nya. but then pag nagbrowse ako ok naman cya minsan, mejo bumagal nga lang. tapos pag click ko yung download eh ayaw. wala namang popup window na lumalabas. everything was ok kahapon then ngaun ganun na. i remember lang may uninstall ako na isang game then naging ganto na ata yung sa browser ko. i tried using other browsers. pero ganun parin. d ako maka download walang pop up window na error or something. ive tried deleting some cookis n stuffs just to widen the space baka kako puno na pero wala parin.

d kaya dun sa pag uninstall ko ng isang game tapos may na delete din sa system32? help naman po. d po ako maka download ng kahit ano pero ok yung browser ko

--

when i push "add reply" sa ibang forum nde naglo load. instead kailangan ko mag refresh then pumunta dun sa topic na nag post ako para makita yung reply ko

to make it short:

i can browse fine.

i can play online game just fine.

i tried downloading 9mb it works.

i tried downloading 60mb walang pop up window ng download manager. no error or something just like that parang pag click mo nothing happens.

i tried defrag, full system scans and ganun parin. cant download big files

both my drive C and E each have 60gb left

i tried deleting some cookies. still wala parin

help po

Edited by idLe`HanDs
to make it short:

i can browse fine.

i tried downloading 60mb walang pop up window ng download manager. no error or something just like that parang pag click mo nothing happens.

help po

1. what is your current browser ? what download manager do you use ?

2. do you have any app that scans what you want to download first before actually downloading it ? some virus scanners automatically blocks files being downloaded if they have a virus attached to the file.

3. do you use a firewall ? sometimes firewalls are programmed to block large files AFAIK.

4. is this the first time that you've downloaded a large file ? if no, then something must have been changed in your system.

to make it short:

i can browse fine.

help po

you mentioned that you're problem started when you uninstalled a game. why don't you try to reinstall it. if it doesn't work....

try uninstalling your download manager then try downloading a file w/o it. or...

try disabling your anti-virus.

pag marami ka nang ininstall at uninstall sa pc mo mahirap na ma-trace ang problem. i doubt if it's a browser problem kasi you've tried different browsers.

1. what is your current browser ? what download manager do you use ?

2. do you have any app that scans what you want to download first before actually downloading it ? some virus scanners automatically blocks files being downloaded if they have a virus attached to the file.

3. do you use a firewall ? sometimes firewalls are programmed to block large files AFAIK.

4. is this the first time that you've downloaded a large file ? if no, then something must have been changed in your system.

1. opera sir yung gamit ko at IE. they have built in download manager right? yung pag nagdownload ka meron popup box na lalabas.

2. i dont have one.

3-4.yes i have firewall. but sir i was downloading stuffs way back from the internet with 500mb size pero bigla nalang naging ganto.

you mentioned that you're problem started when you uninstalled a game. why don't you try to reinstall it. if it doesn't work....

try uninstalling your download manager then try downloading a file w/o it. or...

try disabling your anti-virus.

pag marami ka nang ininstall at uninstall sa pc mo mahirap na ma-trace ang problem. i doubt if it's a browser problem kasi you've tried different browsers.

sir, browsing is fine. ngaun lang i tried to upload photos sa friendster. wala d gumagana.

whats d best to do kaya? will reformat or reinstall windows is ok?

naka partition naman ako eh

----

below this box while im typing it sez

"toggle side panel"

then may box ulit na still loading saying "Initializing Attachments"

----------

parang sa friendster upload photos

sir, browsing is fine. ngaun lang i tried to upload photos sa friendster. wala d gumagana.

----

"toggle side panel"

----------

try doing this...open the same website using 2 different browsers (in your case, Opera and the other can be IE or Mozilla)...let us know if you get the same results on both browsers...

try doing this...open the same website using 2 different browsers (in your case, Opera and the other can be IE or Mozilla)...let us know if you get the same results on both browsers...

sir same result. tried turning off firewall pero ganun parin. compete naman mga adobe n java ko. its all up to date

----

"toggle side panel"

----------

kmusta okay na ba? kung hindi pa i guess you need to reinstall.. it's been a few days already. i suggest don't reformat yet, but just overwrite the existing installation because this way you won't have to re-install your programs like ms office. backup muna.

i think yun na nga solution, reinstall. im just arranging my files. ginagawa kong zip file mga installer then transfer sa ibang drive. buti nalang nasa akin pa ibang cd installer. tnx sa mga help mga bossing. ^_^

i suggest you use the XP native backup (ntbackup.exe)...mas madali i-restore and you can restore with the security settings intact. :) and one file lang pati ang kalalabasan...

mga sir ive noticed pag open ko yung connection ko

mas malaki yung bytes sent kesa sa bytes recived.

tsaka 1 hour palang anlaki na

Activity

SENT RECIEVED

bytes-2,555,053 30,525,453

sobrang laki na nyan. minsan try ko naka connect lang walang program na naka open or browser, ganyan padin anlaki sobra

is this normal? ang lama ko kse dapat mas malaki yung sa sent kesa sa recieved. at nde ganyan kalaki dapat.

NEED HELP PO !! EVERYTIME na i try to open my INTERNET

GANITO PO ANG MESSAGE

Internet Explorer has detected a problem and must shut down.

And another that says there's an error with AVGsnx.exe.

Your Internet Explorer is corrupted, if you upgraded to IE 8, you will have to uninstall that.Otherwise just disable 3rdparty browser extensions TOOLS>INTERNET OPTIONS>ADVANCED> UNCHECK ENABLE THIRD PARTY BROWSER EXTENSION HIT APPLY THEN OK

If it doesnt work try running sfc /scannow in the run box and make sure you have your windows xp cd ready if in case it asks you to load it

Edited by SamanthaJones
mga sir ive noticed pag open ko yung connection ko

mas malaki yung bytes sent kesa sa bytes recived.

tsaka 1 hour palang anlaki na

Activity

SENT RECIEVED

bytes-2,555,053 30,525,453

sobrang laki na nyan. minsan try ko naka connect lang walang program na naka open or browser, ganyan padin anlaki sobra

is this normal? ang lama ko kse dapat mas malaki yung sa sent kesa sa recieved. at nde ganyan kalaki dapat.

check mo for viruses, spywares and malwares...

paturo naman kung pano ko mamomonitor ang scanning at printing activities dito sa server ng internet shop ko.

thanks po

device management yan bro.. it should come with your scanner and printer.