Computer Troubleshooting And Repair

Try going to your system properties - advanced tab - performance setting

new window will pop up - advance tab - virtual memory change

new windows will pop-up

Try system managed size then click set. Try if it works.

If not go back to this window then bellow there should be a recommended value and current.

Select custom size then set the recommended value as the minimum then add 1024 MB to the recommended and use that value as the maximum. Click set then see if that works.

Pag di pa hmmmm I'll come back some more possibilities. :thumbsupsmiley:

hi. i did both of your recommendations above but it's not working pa rin. out of memory pa rin ang lumalabas when i try to preview/scan a document. appreciate your help. tnx

hi. i did both of your recommendations above but it's not working pa rin. out of memory pa rin ang lumalabas when i try to preview/scan a document. appreciate your help. tnx

try this:

power down your computer, open up the cpu and check/clean the memory cards and video cards. just check to make sure these peripherals are plugged in correctly in their respective slots.

^ tnx. i'm using XP. i already did - lowered resolution and k*lled many background programs that are not needed, even uninstalled some programs that i think are eating up a lot of memory like picasa but still the same. i restarted, reinstalled the scanner driver but same results - out of memory. is the scanner defective already?

how much ram do you have in your computer anyway?

^^ i don't know if this is related. my printer and scanner are both canon. when i tried to print a document, i discovered that the printer driver has been missing even if i did not uninstall it. when i tried to install the printer driver, it says print spooling has been stopped, try to restart the system and install again. but when i restarted, still the same, print spooling has been stopped. when i tried to view the device manager, both printer and scanner are missing even though i installed the scanner already.

hmmm, na virus ba ako or do i need to reinstall xp? i'm just baffled at the coincidence. both canon imaging devices are not working...

^^^ guess what? i was able to solve the printer and scanner problem. here's how. i went to microsoft.com. searched for solutions to printer spooling has stopped. then i downloaded a FIX IT file and presto! was able to add both printer and scanner device and both are working already.

so both are XP-related problems pala. tnx all for the advices. i also learned something. cheers!

it says 480MB of RAM, 1.7GHZ celeron. do i need to upgrade? is that the answer?

tnx samantha jones, and also leviticus and itikbitik for the advices.

^^^ guess what? i was able to solve the printer and scanner problem. here's how. i went to microsoft.com. searched for solutions to printer spooling has stopped. then i downloaded a FIX IT file and presto! was able to add both printer and scanner device and both are working already.

so both are XP-related problems pala. tnx all for the advices. i also learned something. cheers!

good job!!! usually answers to your queries can be found on the internet. just google it! :thumbsupsmiley:

Hi,

Sometimes when I turn on my desktop, the monitor remains blank. Everytime this happens, I notice that both the power and "reading" buttons stay on and I hear a sequence of 1 long beep and 2 short beeps. The beeps keep repeating until I shut the power off. I usually have to wait around 30 mins. before the problem goes away. What could be the problem?

PS. Thanks for all the help I received about my previous pc problem.

Hi,

Sometimes when I turn on my desktop, the monitor remains blank. Everytime this happens, I notice that both the power and "reading" buttons stay on and I hear a sequence of 1 long beep and 2 short beeps. The beeps keep repeating until I shut the power off. I usually have to wait around 30 mins. before the problem goes away. What could be the problem?

PS. Thanks for all the help I received about my previous pc problem.

"Might" be a problem with the video card. Are you using an add-on video card or the one integrated on to the motherboard? If your using an add-on, try taking it out first and then connect the video cable to the the intergrated video port. Check first if it works. Then we'll see what will do next  :thumbsupsmiley:

"Might" be a problem with the video card. Are you using an add-on video card or the one integrated on to the motherboard? If your using an add-on, try taking it out first and then connect the video cable to the the intergrated video port. Check first if it works. Then we'll see what will do next  :thumbsupsmiley:

My video card is integrated with the motherboard.:)

:goatee: a number of questions regarding computers...well first and foremost, my cpu was totally soaked during the flood...are there any parts that i could at least salvage and still make use of...my external hard drive is ide compatible, is there any way that i could convert the cables so that i could place sata drives instead...thanks... :goatee:

:goatee: a number of questions regarding computers...well first and foremost, my cpu was totally soaked during the flood...are there any parts that i could at least salvage and still make use of...my external hard drive is ide compatible, is there any way that i could convert the cables so that i could place sata drives instead...thanks... :goatee:

you can use ide-sata adapters. just like the image below

http://img.alibaba.com/photo/11778927/Usb2_0_To_IDE_Sata_Adapter.jpg

Edited by SamanthaJones