Guys if you would just know how ForEx trading is done and the potential income from it.

you will realize that it is much better than stock trading and buying mutual funds.

Although forex is the largest financial market in the world, it is relatively unfamiliar terrain to retail traders and investors.

Until the popularization of internet trading a few years ago, FX was primarily the domain of large financial institutions,

multinational corporations and secretive hedge funds. But times have changed, and individual investors are hungry for information on this fascinating market.

has anyone done this?

went to their site and as i understand it, 800k is the minimum investment

is this a viable investment vehicle?

Good Day Everyone,

Just one question lang to all the gurus here who very well know how MF works. Is it the right time now to invest on MF like Balance Fund, Equity Fund and etc.?

Tenks...

your questions about mutual funds have been answered here. you just have to do some backreads.

on the timing, it would depend on you. what is your tolerance of risk? these funds now are a little bit volatile specially the equity funds which tend to gain some amount in a day, and fall back some amount the next day. but as investors will say, buy now when it is low and sell them when it is high. it can be a factor in getting MFs these days.

but if you would want to maintain your capital, put your money in government securities or money market funds. medyo mabagal lang ang appreciation (around .30 centavos/day) but appreciating sya. hindi sya bumababa.

your questions about mutual funds have been answered here. you just have to do some backreads.

on the timing, it would depend on you. what is your tolerance of risk? these funds now are a little bit volatile specially the equity funds which tend to gain some amount in a day, and fall back some amount the next day. but as investors will say, buy now when it is low and sell them when it is high. it can be a factor in getting MFs these days.

but if you would want to maintain your capital, put your money in government securities or money market funds. medyo mabagal lang ang appreciation (around .30 centavos/day) but appreciating sya. hindi sya bumababa.

Thanks for the reply sir. Appreciate your inputs.

nice info thanks Sir :thumbsupsmiley:

• 1 month later...

I invested around 100K last November on a balanced fund. Medyo nagsisisi na ako ngayon since with the current NAVPS, I already lost 18K. Any suggestions on how I can recover that? Is it good to add investments now while it is low or is it going down further? When can we expect the stock market to rebound?

Hindi kasi ako masyadong updated about business news kaya na wrong timing ako nung November. Didn't know about the pending US economy downturn then.

Thanks in advance.

Guest lustfortravel
I invested around 100K last November on a balanced fund. Medyo nagsisisi na ako ngayon since with the current NAVPS, I already lost 18K. Any suggestions on how I can recover that? Is it good to add investments now while it is low or is it going down further? When can we expect the stock market to rebound?

Hindi kasi ako masyadong updated about business news kaya na wrong timing ako nung November. Didn't know about the pending US economy downturn then.

Thanks in advance.

if we knew when the market will rebound, a lot of us will be millionaires at this rate. :) actually, it's not an actual loss on your part, just a "paper loss" since i presume you haven't redeemed from the fund yet. fund managers will tell you that you must have a long term outlook in this investment - considering you invested just last november, then forget about it and check it out when the prices start to go up.

as long as you invested in a company with a good track record, then you just have to wait for the market to rebound ( sooner or later, it will). as to when it will be, no one knows - it might be in a few months or in a year or two. or three. you just have to be patient.

is it good to add investments now? it depends. can you spare the cash and hold it for longer than 2-3 years? if you can, then why not , so you can "average" down your navps. but if it is money you can ill afford to lock up, then i suggest you find more liquid investments in the meantime.

sigh, bro, i do not want to scare u. u invested the mutual funds when the stocks market are at their top, right now major countries stock market has dropped more than 30% from the top, might consider as bearish market now. So i do not think that there will be better. Pls be prepared.

if we knew when the market will rebound, a lot of us will be millionaires at this rate. :) actually, it's not an actual loss on your part, just a "paper loss" since i presume you haven't redeemed from the fund yet. fund managers will tell you that you must have a long term outlook in this investment - considering you invested just last november, then forget about it and check it out when the prices start to go up.

as long as you invested in a company with a good track record, then you just have to wait for the market to rebound ( sooner or later, it will). as to when it will be, no one knows - it might be in a few months or in a year or two. or three. you just have to be patient.

is it good to add investments now? it depends. can you spare the cash and hold it for longer than 2-3 years? if you can, then why not , so you can "average" down your navps. but if it is money you can ill afford to lock up, then i suggest you find more liquid investments in the meantime.

Thanks for the advise. No, I have not redeemed my investment yet. I will just ride this one out and hope the economy will recover soon. Anyway, I really considered it a gamble when I invested.

sigh, bro, i do not want to scare u. u invested the mutual funds when the stocks market are at their top, right now major countries stock market has dropped more than 30% from the top, might consider as bearish market now. So i do not think that there will be better. Pls be prepared.

Thanks. I know that time that the market was on a high when I invested but a I think I read somewhere on a forum that there is no bad time to invest on mutual funds. I also reviewed the PHISIX performance for the past few years although there were dips, the average trend is it was going up. Anyway, hintayin ko na lang. It is good that our economy is not as badly affected by the US economy compared to other countries. I hope it stays that way.

Thanks for the advise. No, I have not redeemed my investment yet. I will just ride this one out and hope the economy will recover soon. Anyway, I really considered it a gamble when I invested.

if you have some extra cash, it would probably be a good idea to average down by picking up a few more shares of your current mutual fund. The risk of the investment reduces as time passes as long as (you as an investor or) your mutual fund manager sticks to the fundamentals.

Hi, I just wanna ask if mutual funds is a long term investment?how much the least amount i can invest and where i can invest through mutual funds thanks

normally, you can consider as such, but it would all depend on the situation of the market now.

investing in MFs would be ok, if you have spare cash that you don't need wherein instead of putting it in a 1 year time deposit, you can get much better returns if you would put it in MFs. now, but if you would want something that can provide you with the quickest ROI in the shortest possible time, it won't do.

minimum amount would depend on the bank/institution that you would be putting into. some banks can open them to you at a minimum of 10k for bond funds or 100k for money market funds.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest lustfortravel
guys anyone here from pilequity or knows someone from philequity?

I have money to invest. The type that I won't be touching aytime soon. Reckon investing it in a mutual fund is ok?

as long as you know your profile as an investor, try to stick to mutual funds whose mix you are comfortable with. and also try to check the performace of the fund itself - the really experienced fund managers will be able to show the stuff they are made out of when the market is against them.

as long as you know your profile as an investor, try to stick to mutual funds whose mix you are comfortable with. and also try to check the performace of the fund itself - the really experienced fund managers will be able to show the stuff they are made out of when the market is against them.

Thanks.

Guys what are your takes on ATR KimEng Group, from what I have been reading their performance seem to be good...

I want to invest right now specially that bear-ish ang market...

Yields are flat, nothing seen to happen soon for Mutual Funds and UITFs. Take short term positions first while waiting for the market to react.

A lot of people has advised me that as well. Do you reckon puting it in a TD would be best for the meantime? Ofcourse 1 mnth TD basis only...

A lot of people has advised me that as well. Do you reckon puting it in a TD would be best for the meantime? Ofcourse 1 mnth TD basis only...

TD will do. but if you would want it to yield higher than TDs, then go for money market funds or treasury bills. TDs now are at around 1.75% PA, while MMFs are around 4% PA. T-Bills i think are at the 3.5-3.75% level.

but my personal opinion, i do not see it going up within the next two to three months. tingin ko makaka recover pa yan after the US elections on November.

buti na lang, nailipat ko kaagad yung portfolio ko to MMFs. laki na rin ng binagsak ng Phisix from February this year.

If you look at special savings, there are banks that are offering as high as 4.5% gross for 30 to 59 days like Export Bank. I also think First Metro is offering 30 day Promissory Notes for around that rate. Best to canvas around for the short term, you still may be able to find good rates.