I was posting on Stocks but really this is where I belong.

As some of you may know I basically have 2 Funds composed of mostly mutual funds.

Business Fund: $45K

Retirement Fund: $127K

I have added a 3rd, as I take advantage of the consolidation phase in the market:

Education Fund: $10K

• Like (+1) 1

Mutual Funds:

Education Fund: $12K

Business Fund: $46K

Total Fund: $185K

I still have some cash lying around (>$150K) since I've sold alot of shares back in September of last year which I thought at the time was the peak (at least based on my analysis) The Dow then was 22.25K. But President Trump is soooo gooood he ran the market up (indirectly of course) that now the Dow is at 24K,

I am waiting for an even bigger discount in the future. But for me to fully exhaust all of cash, the Dow has to tank or bottom at 5K. I don't even remember the year Dow last saw that. That's a HUGE discount of 80% from market high. Think it will happen?

Edited by MRROUGHSEX
  • Like (+1) 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Since I live in Australia, here are the 3 funds I buy:

1. Vanguard Australian Shares Index Fund (ticket code: VAS) - 30% of the total portfolio

2. Vanguard All-World ex-US Shares Index ETF (ticker code: VEU) - 40% of the total portfolio

3. Vanguard US Total Market Shares Index ETF (VTS) - 30% of the total portfolio

Pero siguro kung nasa Pinas ako, I would probably buy just one fund which is:

1. First Metro Philippine Equity Exchange Traded Fund (ticker code FMETF) - 100% solid!

But I sold all my shares sa Pinas and use it nung nagbakasyon ako dyan. I really love that ETF kasi may exposure na agad ako sa malalaking kumpaya sa Pinas like Jollibee, Ayala, etc.

• Like (+1) 1

Based on the new inputs, my data model has not seen something like what is happening now and hence could not say what to do now -- buy or sell. Because of this, I think it makes sense to have some cash if you are fully invested. If you already have too much cash, the opposite is true also, invest some to take advantage of discounted prices.

Edited by MRROUGHSEX

Any tips for newbee? Really interested in investing but no idea how

Now is great time as all earnings so far this year had been reset to zero. You are catching a 7% discount if you start tomorrow. Put half of your money in and put the other half over a 1 year period.

Bili lang ng bili pag me taym (saka extra)

Mutual Funds:

Business Fund: $48K

Total Fund: $187K

Mutual Funds:

Business Fund: $49K

Total Fund: $188K

Now is great time as all earnings so far this year had been reset to zero. You are catching a 7% discount if you start tomorrow. Put half of your money in and put the other half over a 1 year period.

Mutual Funds:

Business Fund: $49K

Total Fund: $188K

Sir, an you help me get started like point out to me a good read up on getting started? Thank you so much!

sa mga nagbabalak pumasok o mag add sa stock mutual fund.. antayin nyo ang reversal.. pababa pa tayo

Sir, an you help me get started like point out to me a good read up on getting started? Thank you so much!

watch pesoandsense sa youtube for basic info

Edited by cs1234

Research the top performing mutual funds where you are based at. Save until you meet the minimum initial investment amount to the mutual fund of your choice then go for it. I want to select a mutual fund comprised of blue-chips or established companies. It's low return but low risk.

Based on what you can afford, add regularly (say per month) to the balance by buying the same fund or a another fund of your choice. Keep it simple to just 2 funds in the beginning until you become more a savvy investor. The advantage of mutual funds is they are already diversified (meaning different stocks). That is why I like it much more than buying stocks.

Don't despair if the price (or value) of your mutual fund goes down.. eventually it will go back up. Mutual funds are more for investors (vs stocks are more for traders) so enjoy the ride -- both down and up. Keep to the strategy of buying regularly so that even if the Dow Jones is going down (just like this year so far), you think of that as a good thing because you can buy them at a discount.

Edited by MRROUGHSEX
  • Like (+1) 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Research the top performing mutual funds where you are based at. Save until you meet the minimum initial investment amount to the mutual fund of your choice then go for it. I want to select a mutual fund comprised of blue-chips or established companies. It's low return but low risk.

Based on what you can afford, add regularly (say per month) to the balance by buying the same fund or a another fund of your choice. Keep it simple to just 2 funds in the beginning until you become more a savvy investor. The advantage of mutual funds is they are already diversified (meaning different stocks). That is why I like it much more than buying stocks.

Don't despair if the price (or value) of your mutual fund goes down.. eventually it will go back up. Mutual funds are more for investors (vs stocks are more for traders) so enjoy the ride -- both down and up. Keep to the strategy of buying regularly so that even if the Dow Jones is going down (just like this year so far), you think of that as a good thing because you can buy them at a discount.

Thanks for the sound advise sensei!

Grabbing the 7% Discount! :ninja:

Mutual Funds:

Business Fund: $51K

Retirement Fund: $128K

Total Fund: $191K

A week of flatness in the market. A good sign after months of decreases

Mutual Funds:

Business Fund: $52K

Total Fund: $192K

• 2 weeks later...

A week of flatness in the market. A good sign after months of decreases

Mutual Funds:

Total Fund: $192K

The discount has gotten better at 8%!

Took advantage of it. :ninja:

Mutual Funds:

Retirement Fund: $129K

Total Fund: $193K

• 2 weeks later...

The discount has gotten better at 8%!

Took advantage of it. :ninja:

Mutual Funds:

Retirement Fund: $129K

Total Fund: $193K

Still discounts of 6%! Grab while the sale lasts. :)

Mutual Funds:

Retirement Fund: $130K

Total Fund: $194K

Pano mgkapera sa mutual funds? May dividends din ba ang mga regular clients or si fund manager lang ang yayaman? Ng invest ako and until now, lugi ako kasi yung pero ko lang na nilagay ang nandun, walang dividends.

Pag mutual funds, di lang naman isang investment vehicle ang pinaglalagyan ng fund manager ng pera niyo. Meron high, medium and low risk. Syempre the higher the risk, the higher the reward. So yung iyo, mukhang naka invest sa equities, which is mainly the stock market. Eh bagsak siya ngayon. So if you invested in mutual funds as recently as 1 year ago expect mo lugi ka talaga.

And AFAIK mutual funds here are not paid by dividends but by interest.