Today, I took advantage of the 5% discount. H :ninja: kage M :ninja: ve.

Mutual Funds:

Education Fund I: $12K

Education Fund II: $1K

Business Fund: $52K

Retirement Fund: $134K

Total Fund: $199K

The HAPPIEST Thread continues! :D :D

Took 5% discounts on good ol' MFs.

Mutual Funds:

Retirement Fund: $135K

Total Fund: $200K

Marching onwards to $250K!!

Today I show you how to calculate gains the easy way.

Step 1. Get the Beginning Balance. In my case, it is 168K

Step 2. Add the addition savings for the year so far. In my case it is 20K. So 168K + 20K = 188K.

Step 3. Get the growth by subtracting this from the Ending Balance. So 200K - 188K = 12K

Step 4: Get the growth rate by dividing it from the total savings for the year. So, 12K/188K = .064 or 6.4%

You might wonder, how come I got gains this year when the market is trading in at HUGE discounts?

It's simple. The market dropped HUGE this year and I kept buying. There was a time it was giving greater than 11.5% discounts and now it is down to 5%. So by that, if one keeps on buying, you will be getting gains from the -11.5% to -5% of 6.5%. That is where the 6.4% gain came from.

And yes, there is still 5% Discount left on the table for anyone who wants money to pick it up. :)

That's it!

The HAPPIEST Thread continues! :D :D

Took 5% discounts on good ol' MFs.

Mutual Funds:

Total Fund: $200K

Marching onwards to $250K!!

Today, I took advantage of the 3% discount. H :ninja:kage M :ninja:ve.

Mutual Funds:

Education Fund II: $2K

Total Fund: $201K

I see that the Market still has a bit of room for growth, potentially close to 1% more. Then it probably would do a rollercoaster ranging from as low as 24,900 to as high as 25,800 for the next 1.5-2 months.

Adjusting the band to 25,100-26,100 range.

Edited by MRROUGHSEX

Sir gusto ko po subukan mag invest sa mutual funds pag uwi ko ano po ma suggest nyo saken? Alam kong indeh ka base saten PH just want your opinion. Thanks!

Money Market Funds, Bond Funds, Balanced Funds or Stock Funds / Equity Funds

Sure.

Pag me bahay na hinuhulugan na (meaning nakapagdownpayment na), then 80% equity; 20% bond

Pag wala pang bahay, pero me naipon na pang-downpayment o nag-iipon ng pang-dagdag sa downpayment, 30% equity, 70% bond

Pag nagsisimula pa lang mag-ipon, then 80% equity, 20% bond. Tapos unti-unti gawin 30% equity 70% bond para pang-downpayment.

The gist is huwag masyadong i-risk ang naipon na pang-downpayment sa bahay. Hindi natin alam future. We can trend history, adjust it with current information and predict the future pero in the end, it does not mean it will happen.

Also pag me naipon na, for example sa Savings Account or Time Deposit, tapos magsisimula sa Mutual Fund, start with investing 50% only. Then spread the reamining 50% over the next 12 months. That way bumagsak man ung market, you have limited your initial exposure to 50% and can take advantage of the dips with your remaining 50%.

Why I don't prefer money market funds and balanced funds.

Money market funds are most short term notes hence they carry lower risk, hence lower returns. Bonds meanwhile are mostly long term notes hence carry higher risk but higher returns. The assumption is bond fund managers pick only the more desirable (high rating) bonds to minimize the risk.

Balanced funds are usually 50-50 split of equity and bonds. I don't like it since it disadvantages me whether I want higher return (wherein I would prefer higher equity share) or if I want a lower risk (where in would prefer a lower equity share). In my post above, I would rather have those allocations based on those needs.

Sure.

Pag me bahay na hinuhulugan na (meaning nakapagdownpayment na), then 80% equity; 20% bond

Pag wala pang bahay, pero me naipon na pang-downpayment o nag-iipon ng pang-dagdag sa downpayment, 30% equity, 70% bond

Pag nagsisimula pa lang mag-ipon, then 80% equity, 20% bond. Tapos unti-unti gawin 30% equity 70% bond para pang-downpayment.

The gist is huwag masyadong i-risk ang naipon na pang-downpayment sa bahay. Hindi natin alam future. We can trend history, adjust it with current information and predict the future pero in the end, it does not mean it will happen.

Maraming salamat po Sir

Today, I took advantage of the 3% discount. H :ninja:kage M :ninja:ve.

Mutual Funds:

Total Fund: $201K

Today, I took advantage of the 2.5% discount. H :ninja:kage M :ninja:ve.

Mutual Funds:

Retirement Fund: $136K

Total Fund: $202K

Mutual Funds:

Retirement Fund: $136K

Total Fund: $202K

Mutual Funds:

Retirement Fund: $137K

Total Fund: $203K

Mutual Funds:

Retirement Fund: $137K

Total Fund: $203K

No more discounts guys. Glad the market has recovered at least today. :):) Party time!!

Mutual Funds:

Retirement Fund: $138K

Total Fund: $204K