The GLOBE Complaint Thread

^ED^GE^

Sun has its defficiency pa rin. Minsan nga na pipikon na nga ako. Mga 8pm to 10 pm -netwrok busy sila!

Anyway, would make tyaga na lang kaysa being suckered by Globe!

hsmeilop- pre, thanks for the offer- hayaan na natin sila! Ayaw nila sa 'kin? Mas ayaw ko sa kanila! Bwe-he-he!

By the way, was able to convince another Platinum to switch out of Globe! As the song goes "Another one bites the dust......and another one gone , another one gone....".

finally disconected from globe.. as in putol na wala na.. weird lang kasi they were asking me if id like to transfer my account to someone else..

why would i wana do that... diba bawal din gawin yan... alam ko b4 bawal ang transfer n account kaya ginagawa lang ng ibang taong nagbenta ng plan 100 eh chnage adres lang...

In addition, each call will last 5 mins but you can call again. This will prevent further congestion. This is still good enough.

share ko lang kids

------------------------------------------------------------------

Smart, Piltel to launch unlimited call, text promo

Posted: 5:24 PM | Mar. 10, 2005

Cecille E. Yap

XFN-Asia

SMART Communications Inc. and unit Pilipino Telephone Co. (Piltel) will launch on Friday their unlimited call and text promotion for subscribers within their mobile phone network, matching their competitors' aggressive marketing schemes, Smart's head of legal Rogelio Quevedo said.

Starting Friday, pre-paid subscribers of both Smart and Pilte's Talk N' Text can make calls within the system for as long and as often as they want for 115 pesos over a 10-day period.

They can also send short messages or text within the network for six days for 60 pesos.

Quevedo said a system has been put in place to prevent heavy traffic and a firewall has been set up to ensure postpaid customers are not subjected to congestion.

Sun Cellular of Digitel Mobile Philippines Inc. begun the price war among mobile phone operators with its 24/7 unlimited call and text plan launched in October.

The aggressive marketing strategy has helped the newcomer grow its subscriber base to 1.5 million as of end-January from 700,000 prior to the launch of the campaign.

Globe Telecom Inc. followed suit with a similar scheme launched on March 7.

To join the offer, a Smart or Piltel prepaid subscribers has to have a prepaid load of at least 115 pesos. He should first register through a text message command and the 115 pesos load would be automatically deducted from the prepaid load upon registration.

When initiating a call within the network, a subscriber has to text the call recipient's mobile phone number to an access number. A system operator will ensure order by dialing the number and placing the call, Quevedo said.

"This is why we call it our smart and innovative approach to this new market that has been created. We are confident that even with our unlimited deal, we would still meet the performance standards set by the National Telecommunications Commission while preserving quality service to our postpaid subscribers," Quevedo said.

About 98 percent of Smart and Piltel's more than 19 million subscribers are pre-paid account holders.

most people i know get smart because of better connection to pldt landline. thinking of the 98%prepaid smart population, i'll stick to sun. a couple of million sun subscribers will probably be less congested than 19 million of smart. that's presuming the lines allocated by smart for unlimited is limited.

Welcome back parend EDGE! Long time no hear a! Congrats!

Nice sig-"24/7 Sex under the SUN"

Anyway, before you sign up with either Globe or Smart's 24/7 like program read the fine prints first! Loko-loko and style pipili ka either text lang or call lang and limited time lang pala!

Pweh- Panis!

from what i've been reading in the news... you won't be able to call directly a smart number when you are on pre-paid... you need to sms the number you want to call to an access number... they will call in your behalf the number & you'll receive a callback from them when your line is connected to the other party... the reason for this according to them is to regulate congestion in their system... :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

they also said that you'll only be given 5 minutes for a call afterwhich it will be cut... the voice call unlimited is separate from their sms unlimited... :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

my thoughts... what if i need to call someone immediately... i send them the number... at that time the network is congested... will they still try to call me back even if it takes that long & the urgency of my call has come to pass... at least if you directly dial the number... you know that it's busy & could do something about it immediately... probably borrow someones phone or use a landline... when it comes to 5 minutes of call... a lot of important calls can last more than 5 minutes... i don't get this limitation... :( :( :(

Smart brought out their 25/8 to battle Sun's 24/7. But seems to be complicated.

:grr:

You had to choose whether you opt for an unlimited calls or text. When you choose call, you have to pass through an operator pa and they will limit your usage to 5 minutes per call. :blink:

Haven't they heard about Colonel Sander's quote? "K.I.S.S.- KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID"

TM BROUGHT OUT THEIR p300 unlimited good for a month. Will check it out after a month and get feedback 1st. Medyo bad trip ako sa Globe. Lalo yan prepaid. Baka mag dissappear ang load ko! Globe pa naman! :grr:

For both Smart and Globe through their Touch Mobile stated it is a limited time promo. So, they are testing the waters and at the same time wanted the NTC to know that is a mere gimmick on the side of SUN.

However, Globe being the most affected of the two major players simply couldn't acknowledge their own fault, why most of their subscribers are lining up for the exit. Globe's Globe for Good marketing program simply blew up in their faces. It alienated a majority of their subscribers. They had somehow miscalculated the reaction of the majority non Plaitnum clients.

With that markeitng gimmick of retaining expired contracted subscribers, they offered far too little to the non-platinum and offered heaven and earth to platinum. In my case, despite having stayed with them for more than 4 years and with a total billings of 8,ooo to 15,000 a month (5 lines) they offered a rebate of 5,000 divided in 6 months (very cute)! They do not recognize multi-line ownership and do not consider the whole picture, and treat it as a seperate entity all through out!

What's important to note- they won't tell you what they plan to give you. If you so happened to be a contented cow and wait for them to tell you, you may not know that they have this retention plan.

Unlike in Smart, wherein your informed in advance of your retention program and you may choose which package to take -just to renew a 2 year contract.

Most of their clients moved to Smart and a few ones like me and my group went to Sun and kept our downgraded Globe. We use Sun as the primary line and Globe for mere back-up.

So unlike before wherein my 5 lines will cost me 8,000 to 15,000 a month. It has dwindled to a very low of 2,000 for Globe and my billings at Sun for a month use is 4,000. or a savings of 25%!

Admitedly, at times, I will get "pikon" with Sun (during peak hours) but have found that they have also improvd their services somehow (interconnectivity).

globe also has a problem in retaining some of their Platinum subscribers due to their very UNPROFESSIONAL and very RUDE and ARROGANT customer service. Attention Globe personnel- I know who you are and I know you are aware of this. Deny all you want but at least 10 to 15% of your Platinum clients had shifted. Your buttom line will show the effect in the next 2 to 3 months!

As to date: you can actually see the panic of Globe with all their inane marketing gimmicks like the G2P (designed for stupid subscribers, who can't pay their bills in the first place) to shift to pre-paid and retain their number and line, while their monthly charges goes on- who'd be so stupid to accept that? (There are a couple of idiots out there who may bite)

The TM (Power to the Piso) wherein you get to pay only 1 peso per minute. But only when you are charges the regular 5.50 for the first 2 minutes. They kept this one in small print in order to mislead their customers (sobrang cute).

Before I used to asked that the VP of both Marketing and Customer service to resign or get booted out. Now I know- the top honcho should be responsible through command responsibility! Shall we see the Globe Telecom president out in a few months? ABANGAN!

In the mean time- GLOBE FOR GOOD-BYE!

TM's promo of Piso/call succeeds the first 2 minutes of regular charges of P5.50, so if your calls are more than 2 minutes, you have a minimum charge of P12, otherwise if less than 2 minutes, you're charged P5.50 for EVERY CONNECTION you make. Just pray that your line wont drop unexpectedly otherwise nobody sees any cost-savings.

As for Smart, a promo should be better than the current offer to attract more customers in terms of pricing and service. They did reduced the price but you have to wait for them to have you connected for only 5mins, are they moving towards telecoms advancement or going back to the jurassic phone days?

As for Sun, the most tolerable so far, you just gotta be really patient, but when youre connected it does feel like the same kind of a relief feeling when you dial your first Motorola Dynatac in the year 1988, 'wowowee i can call!'

mahler, that's the same feeling I have with Sun. But am willing to be patient with Sun, than get hold-up with Gobe.

Marcallan- you're not alone. A friendly advice, do you're surfing using a real computer. Telecoms like Globe think they can charge you an arm and a leg just because you can't trace their costs. Just like Meralco's Missionary Charge (see your electric billing)! E pano if I want dogie style or woman on top? Bwa-ha-ha!

Guess somehow we'll have to go to basic- the only service Sun provides. No mms nor WAP! Then choose our calls wisely. If not they're gonna milk us dry! - most specially Globe!

Marcallan- you're not alone.  A friendly advice, do you're surfing using a real computer.  Telecoms like Globe think they can charge you an arm and a leg just because you can't trace their costs.  Just like Meralco's Missionary Charge (see your electric billing)!  E pano if I want dogie style or woman on top? Bwa-ha-ha!

of course, nothing beats the my good old PC (kahit na outdated na, she's still my gem) pag nag susurf (MTC shempre!) pero mag onthe go and i need the movie schedules ASAP, i find WAP more convenient.

uh, sa smart ba at sa sun ganun din ba charging nila ng WAP? any info on this side ot the mobile service?