The GLOBE Complaint Thread

^ED^GE^

Bro Atong, It's easier to boycott the Ayalas. The BPI,Globe, Shell, Manila water etc. can be replaceble.

While the Lopez are holding Meralco (only source in Metro-Manila) Maynilad (only source of water in a part of Metro-Manila), Sky and Home cable (go for Destiny?), ABS CBN (that's easy- can't stand Kris anyway), and North Express Highway- (We can use Mac Arthur Highway, but some weird reason the government had started fixing the road few kilometers from each other. Seems that they are forcing people to use the North Express!)

Let's start with something tangible like-GLOBE!

If anyone can find a replacement for Meralso-let me know!

PEEVEs, have you tried checking your balance at 211 lately? I did! they gave 3 different amount!

just got my sun a few days ago, yep this week i cut my globe b4 the cut off period...

all my friends are wondering why?? oh why?? so i told them my reasons... the really terrible service and the horrible experience i had.

they said they never had any problems with their account one friend even said ang tagal na niya sa globe naka libre na nga daw siya 2 phones...

eh mokong pala siya eh platinum ata yan eh...

aken isa lang pint ko..

6 years na ako sa globe.. my sim card is still the old pink colored one..

my only free phone was a t68i i got from their supposidly loyalty program which, wasnt really a loyalty program since i was asked to upgrade from a advantage plan to a plan 1200

and the unit price was 17k.. at that time the unit price outside was 13k.

so whats the reward there?

You said it pareng EDGE. Just be patient with Sun, unless you are willing to get a back-up sim from Smart, TNT, or Addict.

I had 4 lines left- kasi nga under contract. The Globe service center always threatened to take legal action if I shut it down now! Bweset!

Anyway, that's 2 months pa, but did cut-off 1 line permanently!

By the way, My total savings is 2,000! Think about it I still have 4 over charged Globe but at downgraded to plan 500 nad have three Sun lines and saved 2,000! That's incredible! Yet Sun gave me three upper end cells pa!

Globe namigay ng cell 2 years ago na may bayad (Please look at the details of your billings, you'll see phone charge-confriemd by their Servce Dept)! Over charges within hidden charges pa!

Globe for Good-BYE!

Bro Atong, It's easier to boycott the Ayalas. The BPI,Globe, Shell, Manila water etc. can be replaceble.

While the Lopez are holding Meralco (only source in Metro-Manila) Maynilad (only source of water in a part of Metro-Manila), Sky and Home cable (go for Destiny?), ABS CBN (that's easy- can't stand Kris anyway), and North Express Highway- (We can use Mac Arthur Highway, but some weird reason the government had started fixing the road few kilometers from each other.  Seems that they are forcing people to use the North Express!)

Let's start with something tangible like-GLOBE!

If anyone can find a replacement for Meralso-let me know!

PEEVEs, have you tried checking your balance at 211 lately?  I did!  they gave 3 different amount!

alternatives (not really):

meralco- current stabilizer gadgets, they are not illegal as long as used after the meter.

- they have done another greedy deed by conniving with government official to have a ruling

to have all generators pay registration to city hall or pay a fine of 50-100k. a blackeye to the

major businesses

sky/home- use destiny/global or buy your own satellite if you can afford it

abs/cbn- dont you notice how the station's target audience is the less-knowledgeable masa?

well, cant wait for a day when the sparrow unit lives again and make govt officials and the lopezes their prime target

alternatives (not really):

sky/home- use destiny/global or buy your own satellite if you can afford it

===========

we're using dream right now. kaso dinemanda ata ng skycable. read it somewhere. :(

abs/cbn- dont you notice how the station's target audience is the less-knowledgeable masa?

===========

syempre kailangan nila mag cater sa masa kasi yun ang pinakamalaking market. The more Masa you get, the more advertisers will come to you. :D

Don't know how the sparrow will take a nip at him, he's always using the chopper to travel around.

Can you imagine if they walk around with regular people? They wont survive the stretch of EDSA!

Personally I know the sister, Gina. She's the very opposite. She's down to earth. You may be even be surprised that she would commute- back then she does. She's now handling the "bantay Bata" and "Bantay Kalikasan".

Anyways, lets get back to the topic-GLOBE!

Can you convince at least 50 people to drop Globe? Dare?

Even at 350 for users like me it's worth it.

As Atong Ang had observed- in other countries it's by pulse- more like seconds is how they charge. They don't round it off to the minute like all our telecom providers are doing. Also all our internet providers are doing!

Unless your into unlimited internet access- no reason to complain.

Again- let's go to the subject at hand- Boycott Globe!

hi guys, interesting thread. anyway, was paying for my globe bill in a globe center. while waiting in line, i saw a poster wherein 5 artists' songs were promoted as free polytones. e.g. maroon 5. Direction: type keyword, send to 2949. "Download is Free. Subsequent downloads will be charged regular rates."

so while waiting in line, i tried downloading the maroon 5 song. told myself..its a free download anyway, so what the heck. i didnt get the ringtone..so after 1 week, i get a text telling me the tone of the week is angelica jones' song. of course, i didnt download it. then after a week, i get another text telling me the tone of the week. i said "no." same story for the 3rd week. then i get my bill. ive been charged for the past 3 weeks na pala even if i didnt download any tone.

the poster is highly fraudulent and deceptive. it says free download, but it does not say i) that i would be automatically subscribed to a weekly download after that supposed 1st free download and ii.) that i would be billed REGARDLESS of my answer to the prompt.

i called up CS. told them my predicament. she said...sir, after the first free download, youre automatically subscribed and that would mean youd get billed every week after that. i protested and said that nowhere in the poster does it say i.) and ii.) [see above]

also, i saw international text messages on my statement..all 3 of them. and i never texted anyone abroad. told them to unsubscribe me from that weekly poytone promo (although i wasnt even subscribed in the first place) they told me to type in this keyword..it didnt work...pleaded that they do it manually, and to remove me from any imaginable download or promo. they said they would.

luck of all lucks, the next week i get another polytone, then the week after that..went on for 6 weeks. during these 6 weeks, ive visited 2 globe centers and asked their CSRs to unsubscribe me. they tried, but their efforts were futile.

just think: P2.50/tone for 6 weeks = P15. A measly sum, perhaps, but multiply that by, say 1 million subscribers, out of the 15 million or so that they have, and you have P15 million added to their bottomline, without breaking a sweat. And to think this is only for access number "2949." Consider all access numbers and all promos. You have Globe raking in the money. It's fraud, pure and simple. Electronic theft of the highest degree. And to think petty criminals are all dressed up in orange and paraded on television. These guys should be thrown the books for their criminal acts.

Likewise, i consider myself fortunate enough because i receive a monthly statement. I get to check my bill. And postpaid users comprise only 9% of all cellphone users. The remaining 91% are all prepaid. Unless a prepaid user is extremely vigilant in verifying his account, this will go unnoticed.

And to think Globe has been receiving awards for ethical business practices for the past years..I think this should be brought to the attention of the NTC and Malacanang. Globe is a public utility, therefore, imbued with public interest of the highest degree. The government should intervene.

Quick in billing...slow in after- sales service.

sorry for the length...found this site as a perfect venue to vent...im considering switching networks..all your entries are invaluable...but to remedy this situation..this should be brought to the attention of the public through media campaigns..what do u think?

Hey, Poloman888, your Globe Encounter of the third kind (Fraud) is not rare. I too was a victim of this. But called and protested and "threatened" to cancel all my subscription- that got it undone!

Mine was the ads they placed in the newpapers. Downloaded and got nothing. Called them up the next day. The CSR said I should have called the very day I tried to download! They claim that it's a different company the offers these downloads (ows?) any way- got the reversal.

It's not the only fraudulent ads they brought up- look at their TM "Power to the Piso" ads. The small print is hardly readable. You have to use a magnifying glass to read it. It states the first 2 minutes are at regular rate of P5.50. Subsequest minutes are at 1 peso".

You and most of the people here will understand the meaning of their "small print". However, for the C,D, and E class and for people who doesn't even bother reading- what is so small for a regular eyes to see, they would really think that TM charges only 1 peso per minute right from the start!

The reason they brought out the Power to the Piso to counter the 24/7. of Sun.Which I doubt would even make a dent as a marketing counter attack.

I said it before and again and again- Globe has to look from inside- Their marketing and CSM are their worst enemies- my own opinion. Too bad our consumer laws are too weak for us to take legal action against them.

Perhaps the only way for us to get back at them is simply-BOYCOTT GLOBE!

This thread proves one thing for sure- subscribers are totally frustrated and pissed with Globe.

Can you imaging for a spin-off from my very own "which telecom providers offer value for money-Globe, smart, or Sun"- it has a life greater than my own thread! (Kudos to pareng EDGE)

Summarizing it all- Globe simply doesn't care. Most people here (not all) just doesn't know what to do. There were a group who had cut all contacts with Globe, and I congratulate them- since they are brave enough to accept the truth and are not willing to continue being suckered by Globe. There are some- like me- who are still constrained with our old contract with Globe- mine ending by June (last of the 6 lines) but have made up our minds to march forward to our very own freedom. And there are those who are, for one reason or another- are satisfied with Globe- perhaps still mermerized or just plain "loyal" (hope they get treated better than us by Globe)

Globe was given a chance to reverse this trend and with the looks of things -they simply didn't bother. Still smug as if they are still number one GSM provider- (that was 2 or three years ago- since then Smart has surpassed them based on total subscribers line and pre-paid).

It's up the "frustrated lot" on how to get back at Globe. If you're satisfied simply by cutting off all your lines and switching to others- That itself is worthy of praise. Or are you willing to take a step further by convincing people to drop Globe?

As of this date, was able to convince 100 people to back out of Globe (Platinum, Lines, pre-paid) out of 110 I have spoken to.

I lay this challenge to all including myself- BOYCOTT GLOBE!

bigmanblueboy- I agree with you. smart din dapat makatikim ng "wrath of the consumers" (movie title ah!), pero one-by-one lang. Pag medyo nakatikim na ng husto ang Globe, yon ibang abusado naman.

Parang pinakagat lang naman sa langam (tayo yon). para ikanga magising and tigilan ang over-charge sa atin!

BOYCOTT GLOBE!!!!!

im not boycotting globe right now coz i need another line if i wont be able to connect to sun. naiinis lang ako sa globe dahil sa mga unsolicited text messages nila lalo na ung from 2929. . . ung ringtone central. makakareceive na lang ako ng ringtone . . . pagkakacheck ko balance e minus 70 pesos na! lintek!