PacMan's Corner

menime

if you bothered reading what I've been trying to say for the longest, for me at least, benta is when someone stops trying.

this was apparent from round 1---Dela Hoya just wasn't trying out there.

he was moving about gingerly on marionnette legs and this was even before he got smacked in the eye.

I have no idea how Al Mendoza defines benta and frankly, I don't really care.

at any rate, kahit naman magpabugbog si Dela Hoya, 20 mil is still 20 mil.

what's a few bumps and cuts?

it's not everyday that someone gets paid 20 million dollars for a beatdown.

we need to stop romanticizing his "legacy" like it's ours.

Eto pre pareho kayo sinasabi ni AL MENDOZA. hehehehe.

December 9, 2008 Tuesday

Pacquiao magaling talaga

Al S, Mendoza

Walang duda, napakagaling ni Manny Pacquiao noong Linggo. Dahil diyan, TKO si Oscar De La Hoya sa 8th round.

Pagkatapos ng laban, humakot sina Pacquiao at De La Hoya ng limpak-limpak na salapi.

Pero ‘di tulad ni Pacquiao, si De La Hoya ay nagpabugbog muna bago siya kumulekta ng bulto-bulto.

Sa gulong ng buhay, halos laging masakit ang totoo. At iyan wari ang totoo. Kumain ng suntok si De La Hoya.

Samantalang mabibilang sa daliri ang power punches na pinakawalan ni De La Hoya (anim lang yata?), pinaulanan naman ng power punches ni Pacman si Oscar.

Parang absent noong Linggo si De La Hoya.

Bakit nagkaganoon, si De La Hoya lamang ang nakakaalam.

Nahirapan si De La Hoya dahil sa pagpapababa niya ng timbang mula 160 lbs papuntang 147?

Matanda na talaga si De La Hoya sa edad na 35 kaya’t wari’y hindi na siya makagalaw mabuti?

Posibleng oo ang sagot sa dalawang iyan.

Pero, sa kalibre ni De La Hoya, hindi major factor ang timbang. Dati na rin siyang 130 lbs at umakyat ng timbang sa paglipas ng panahon. Hindi banyaga ang 147 lbs sa kanya.

Sa boksingero, hindi matanda ang 35. Katunayan, edad 29 lang si Pacquiao pero mas marami siyang laban (53) kaysa kay De La Hoya (45).

Sa isang katulad ni De La Hoya na dekalibre, hindi pa da-tan ang 35.

Pansinin na hindi rin umiiwas o sumasalag masyado si De La Hoya.

“Ni hindi itinutulak ni De La Hoya si Pacquiao papalayo pag siya’y binubugbog ni Pacman,” sambit ni Richard Merk, ang respetadong singer at iniidolong may-ari ng Merk’s Place sa Greenbelt Makati.

Pero maliwanag: Napakagaling ni Pacquiao.

Kanya nga lang, napakagaling din ni De La Hoya na hindi maging magaling noong Linggo sa Las Vegas.

Kayo ang humatol.

hindi daw factor ang timbang? eh kaya nga natalo si pacman nuon sa thailand dahil sa timbang eh.. :upside:

35 hindi pa matanda? :upside: hindi naman lahat ng bokisengero ay mala-foreman o holyfield eh.. :thumbsdownsmiley:

hey, i love the pacman ever since his blow by blow days circa 1990s (malamang karamihan sa inyo di pa kilala si pacman nun panahon na yan at nakikibandwagon lang in recent years eh :P), the only thing i dont like about him is when he associates himself with politics..

sus naman itong si al mendoza, parang nung linggo lang nakapanuod ng boxing.. :lol: wag ka magpapaniwala jan brod.. ;)

Edited by bubuy

well as far as i know. al mendoza is a person na pag natalo si pacman may reklamo, pag nanalo may reklamo. in short reklamador. gawa sya ng sariling palabas pantapat kay mike enriquez na imbestigador. ang kay mendoza "Reklamador w/ michael v."

about cotto and margarito vs pacman malayo pa. but what if matalo ni pacman si hatton at mayweather?a year ago larry merchant predicted the possible match between pacman and dela hoya. as long as pacman keeps on winning its possible. he win over marquez and he win over diaz and because of this a dream match takes place.

wag ka na mag what if kay hatton, that lucky SOB built his reputation beating up no-name fighters.. kelan lang yan lumabas sa lungga nya para lumaban sa US eh.. i hate the idea of pacman going up against hatton, hindi sya kikita jan eh.. :D asarin na lang nya ng todo si gayweather para mag unretire.. para magkaalamanan na kung sino ang P4P king of this era.. dami kasi nagqquestion sa status ni MP eh.. para matahimik silang lahat!

Edited by bubuy

^^^

Walang problema si Hatton, kahit pa magkaroon siya ng homecourt advantage kung sa england nga gagawin laban.

Hatton is a pure mugger, he lacks technique and finesse, he just attacks head forward like a bull.

Now mayweather will be a tough nut for manny to crack. This guys has the best defensive skills in the history. He never got his nose busted. They don't call him pretty boy for nothing. Manny needs something in his arsenal to penetrate that defese and bust his chin up pretty good.

dami pa ring di makapaniwala sa galing ni pacman. there are really some guys who cant believe even their own eyes.

kung mga foreign boxing experts ang mga dudero, we can still understand their bitterness. they can't accept a poor little asian boy can beat the best out there in the west.

Pero kung kapwa mo kababayan ang gumawa ng ganun, there's one word for that: CRAB

I admit when i first learned of the dela hoya- pacman match, i really do think it will be a circus fight. and it was, indeed. we saw how a small guy can beat the ass out of a great and big boxer, and it's almost unbelievable. Nung dati sobrang dami ng nagpepredict na mauddurog si pacman, sigurado daw. ngayon, and alibis are overflowing. age, weight reduction, binenta... keep them coming.. it's just sad to see this age-old sick mentality still find its way even in this moment when we all should be happy and proud.

anyway: BRING ON HATTON!!!!

Edited by kanto-terrorist
lol

like I said De La Hoya has nothing to gain by losing

his legacy is torn, by getting beat by a fighter who came up 2 weightclasses to fight him and started his career at 106. Keep in mind that this last fight is a career ender. Oscar, if he's smart, will no longer get in the ring after this, and the loss only cements the idea that ODLH is not hall of fame material.

he loses money - because Oscar is Golden Boy Inc's only cash cow, if you look at Golden Boy's roster no other name in there draws as big as ODLH, sure Manny's there but he's shared with Top Rank, and Manny only listens to Bob Arum. Given this loss and ODLH's imminent resignation, there are no more big fights to be had from Golden Boy in the near future, and it will take a while before they develop another fighter to be their new cash cow. Now if Oscar had beaten Pacman, he can set up a super fight with Hatton, and a retirement fight with Margarito which gives them 2 more big bouts to look forward to, and an estimated revenue well beyond the 7 figure limit, that would ensure a steady revenue stream for Golden Boy.

people saying that the fix was in, need to get their heads checked and look at the big picture.

i agree.... thats why i place my bet on him(golden boy) knowing that this fight would be his last and if there's any LUTO cooking up then it would have to be him being the eventual winner but to my surprise... he wasnt even trying. he doesnt even touch manny's face! but maybe age already takes it toll. manny is indeed in his prime and whoever face him will have a heluvah fight and thats for sure!

haven't you guys thought...maybe oscar was hurt by that 1st left straight in the 1st round. kumbaga "naunahan". naramdaman nya kagad yung lakas ni pacman & he was surprised na ganun pala kalakas. kaya di makasuntok ng marami. sort of psychological. inabutan ng "kaba". parang ganun...

^^^ and whats more... during their training, MP's camp keeps on telling the media that they will definitely go for Hoya's body. But in the first 3 rounds of the fight, Manny kept on attacking on his head, which is hard to imagine how manny would do it given the reach advantage ODLH has. alog na ulo ni Olden Boy kaya later on di na nya alam kung ano poprotektahan nya, kung ulo ba o katawan, at san manggagaling ang mga ratsada ni pacman, which eventually paralyzed him and reduced the golden boy into another punching bag diaz. Amazing display of strategy and Pacman really put on a clinic. Kudos to Freddie Roach, he's really an amazing tactician. for me, it's not Hoya's age, weight reduction issues or "benta" as some may call it. It all goes down to pacman's strategy and amazing speed.

^ good point! di ba pwedeng nanalo lang kasi magaling? dpat tlga may issue na luto or matanda na at hindi na kaya? lets face it! ibang-iba ang manny na pagpakita at lumaban kay GB. goes to show na kaya tlga niya khit sino w/ the right training and focus! sana lng by the time na OK na yung lban nila ni Hitan or Money wla pa sa isip niya ang politics... ive heard some rumors na tatakbong cong. ng qc itong si manny eh and same party sila ng kabit nya na si Ara Mina..(sori kung medyo showbiz)

@photographer,

kung kay hatton lang panoorin mo yung laban nya kay malignaggi naku po.. walang ka depensa depensa si hatton... sigurado ko kung suntok ni pacman ang tumatama kay hatton sigurado tulog si hatton..

malaki pag asa ni pacman kay hatton..

kung kay gayweather naman kailangan nya maging maingat kasi grabe depensa ni PBF. old school defense ang style nya. Shoulder roll defense.. pero kayang gawan ng paraan yan. ^_^

well,they've said it all :lol: hundreds of pages about the Pacman,... almost 20 pages (or more? hehe) just after the Hoya fight... the dude's herre.. he got his $11 million... almost 5 months vacation... 4th baby comin' up... mo endorsements... mo' TV shows wit Kapuso channel... what mo' can a dude ask? mo' money, mo big time fights it seems...

like many dudes who are fight fans... also watched the Hatton-Malignaggi fight... while Hatton is easy target... the dude's younger... and could withstand Pacman's power... unlike Hoya who's badly beaten and old... and yeah... don't pay 'em no mind about the fight gettin' "rigged"... Hoya won't just get that lotta moolah to get embarrased... don't think so...

Pacman could beat Hatton, yes... but maybe not as bad as what Pacman did to the Golden Boy... it could be close... but against Mayweather... that is trouble comin... call him out of shape for retirin n all, but the dude's tough... he beat Hoya n Hatton, in his last 2 fights... he couldn't KO Hoya badly, though...but he did KOed Hatton... and he's a black dude... mas magulang, ika nga... and is tougher physically... Pacman hasn't fought black dudes for a long time it seems... so that's mo' of a challenge for Pacman than Hatton....

either way, another windfall of $$$ for Pacquiao comin in May... or June... for now, the dude just has to enjoy the moment... the Xmas holidays.... his hard earned $$$... and his wife? :lol: she's preggy, almost forgot... hehehe...

Kudos Manny Pacquiao :cool:

i have a few questions/comments:

1) What kind of room has Five walls?

Men please read the article from start until the end with your open mind and heart and I believe you will find the answer

2) the word "irregardless" doesn't exist and should never be confused with the more apt "regardless"

Visit this site to know about the word irregarldess

3) what are after words?

Simple to say its a summary of the article.

4) your ideas are great, but you need to form them coherently, you're not making too much sense here, people shouldn't have to read twice to get what you mean.

First of all thank you very much on your time and effort and also as what i said to your number one question, I am hoping that you read the article as what i requested

the word "coherently" is very subjective and also general because what is coherent to you might not coherent to other people, what is sensible to you might not sensible to others also.

if you need to read it twice before you get what I mean some others people only need one time reading it and they got what I am saying.

My writing is not for all because we cannot please anybody us what everybody knows so if you dont want what i wrote you are free to go to other forum or else make your own anyway thanks to your input in some way I appriciate it.

keep writing son

Grandpa you need to read and learn alot dont take it seriously

chill

^ good point! di ba pwedeng nanalo lang kasi magaling? dpat tlga may issue na luto or matanda na at hindi na kaya? lets face it! ibang-iba ang manny na pagpakita at lumaban kay GB. goes to show na kaya tlga niya khit sino w/ the right training and focus! sana lng by the time na OK na yung lban nila ni Hitan or Money wla pa sa isip niya ang politics... ive heard some rumors na tatakbong cong. ng qc itong si manny eh and same party sila ng kabit nya na si Ara Mina..(sori kung medyo showbiz)

Pasok na pasok! :thumbsupsmiley:

hatton, if unable to develop his lateral movement would be an easy target.

mayweather, yun lang. mukhang talo si pacman dun sa gulang. ang lupit ng shpulder roll kaya nun. dun matetest yung galing sa stretegy ni fredie

Pacman vs Hatton - IPUPUSTA KO BAHAY KO KE PACMAN! (ala pa pala ako bahay)

Pacman vs Mayweather - Gusto ko si Pacman manalo siyempre, pero ke Mayweather ako pupusta, magaling talaga and siguro slightly more superior.

Ok, guys, luto o hindi......what's your analysis if Manny will take on 1. Hatton and 2. Mayweather?

to make gayweather out.

pacman must beat hatton 1st. kelangan mas severe kumpara sa ginawa ni gayweather.

after the results of hatton-pacman let see if gayweather will come out.

marami na ring pinatumbang itim si pacman. kumbaga my collections na sya.

maybe somebody will ask why we called gayweather is floyd. he call himself "pretty boy" come on pretty huh.

just watch this.

anyway nag announce na si floyd ng laban kay pacman after his possible match ng pacman-hatton

lahat gustong matikman ang kamao ni pacman

pacman is thinking about retirement.................hmmm

ya, and thinking of being a politician. dyan tayo patay. I hope manny will come to his senses. gagamitin lang siya ng mga politiko. mas magandang maalala siya as a winner in the ring than a loser in the dirty field of politics. wala siyang panalo dyan. if he wins an election, it will only be a matter of time and he will find himself the target of intrigues and bad propaganda. sisiraan at sisirain lang lang siya para makuha ang gusto nila.

Manny has already found his place in history. not only of the philippine but of the world. it will be of no great benefit for him to try the political ring where the referees and the judges do not always play fair. hindi mo alam sino kakampi mo dyan.

Idol ka ng lahat ng pilipino, huwag mo na sirain ang magandang lugar mo sa kasaysayan ng ating bansa. kung gusto mo talaga makatulong sa mga pilipino, gumawa ka nalang ng makakatulong sa mahihirap outside of the political scene. madudungisan lang ang malinis mong pangalan.

i hoe manny still reads the thread. unsolicited advise lang po.

Wala pang official na statement s Floyd Jr. About returning to the ring. So far kay Floyd Sr. pa lang ang nagsasalita at kahit sila di pa naguusap magama.

But if this is true, Manny has got his hands full, because potentially Floyd Jr. will be fighting a very emotional fight. becaue

1.) The father and Son haven't been talking for a while, and Floyd Sr.'s lung condition is getting worse. Floyd will surely want to win this one to make his daddy proud

2.) Floyd Jr. is one cocky SOB, he can't keep his mouth shut, he will talk s@%t and this will affect manny's concentration in the ring the way that it did to Zab and Ricky.

3.) Floyd has got excellent defense. The best in boxing history, never got his nose busted, or his face messed up good. That is one hell of a defensive skill. It is like a bow and arrow going against the walls of troy. Manny needs something in his arsenal to erode that defense. He has to utilize his hand speed, and develop more power to do so.

Para sa huling dahilan na yan, manny is going to have to prepare longer and better for him. But Freddie is a genius , i know he will cook something up. Sana lang magfocus si manny dito at mawala masyado distractions para paghandaan ito.