PacMan's Corner

menime

seriously, you guys think Mayweather still has what it takes to fight a Pacman? how long na ba siya retired? Pacman improved in every aspect of his game and i doubt Money can stand toe-to-toe w/ him. Hitman is like a walking punching bag for Pacman. if he(hitman) cant do anything w/ his footwork then its even easier for Pacman to KO this britboy! i just hope Pacman is still in his best shape when he face these two. (sana din wala pa sa isip niya ang politics by that time...)

On the Dream Mismatch

Credit indeed to Ka Freddie ....

The combination to the body and the wide to the right step against ODLH proved to be effective ....

Ito yung secret weakness na alam ni Fred ..

Para sa huling dahilan na yan, manny is going to have to prepare longer and better for him. But Freddie is a genius , i know he will cook something up. Sana lang magfocus si manny dito at mawala masyado distractions para paghandaan ito.
mas ok siguro si mayweather na muna kalaban ni pacman para medyo kalawang pa at di makitaan ng bagong teknik. then go for hattons belt. then hopefully may makatalo kay margarito then go for that 147 belt sino man yun. kung nangyari yun sya na the best boxer of the century.

once pacman beat hatton and mayweather and he continue winning sa lightweaight at welterweight, may chance na mtalo ni pacman ang record ni henry armstrong. 2nd best boxer's of the century. basta focus lang sya.

balita ko gusto na ng mga kapatid ni manny na mag retire na sya habang maganda pa health nya at ma enjoy nya ang benefits/success ng pinaghirapan nya. kung sabagay, sa ppv pa lang ke DLH P537M na kinita nya. di pa kasali ang live gate receipts pati sale of merchandise. tapos meron pa rin syang guaranteed na another P500M plus. ke ODLH pa lang yan. yung kinita nya dito, combined earnings na nya sa last 3 fights nya. he doesn't need to prove anything anymore. sayang naman kung pagka retire nya, matulad sya ke ali o navarette. sana kahit after ng fight nya with hatton and mayweather jr. ok pa rin ang katawan at pag iisip nya para naman ma enjoy nya ang wealth nya.

Oh ayan.. eto FACTS: sa mga nagmamarunong kung bakit natalo si Oscar!

sa mga taong nagsabi na BENTA ang laban.

sa mga taong nagsasabi na walang ginawa si Oscar at hindi sumuntok..

sa mga taong nagsasabi na drained si oscar!

eto FACTS galing sa TRAINER mismo..

sana matahimik na kayo at kalimutan nyo na ang pagkatalo nyo kung pumusta man kayo..

MOVE ON...

HINDI NA ITO OPINION KO... FIRST HAND INFO...

BASAHIN NYO MABUTI>

Nacho Speaks on De La Hoya's Weight, Pacquiao Loss

By Mark Vester

Trainer Ignacio "Nacho" Beristain returned to Mexico and wasn't afraid to talk about the key issues of Oscar De La Hoya's knockout loss to Manny Pacquiao. For two months, Nacho trained De La Hoya in Big Bear, California. Nacho, who trains Pacquiao's rival Juan Manuel Marquez, was brought in by De La Hoya to replace Floyd Mayweather Sr. After all the training and all the hype, De La Hoya was beaten up for eight rounds before the fight was stopped by Nacho and others in the corner.

Based on the performance against Pacquiao, Nacho feels that De La Hoya's career has come to an end and best thing for Oscar is to follow the advice of former trainer Freddie Roach - and retire before his health is at risk.

"The reality is that Oscar never had control of the fight. He wanted to, but he wasn't able to. Perhaps this was a sign that the end of his career has arrived. I think trainer Freddie Roach gave him good counsel by telling him to hang up the gloves and not put his health into play," Nacho told ESTO.

De La Hoya weighed-in at 145-pounds, his lightest in twelve-years. De La Hoya had been fighting above the welterweight limit since 2001. The low weight surprised many, but De La Hoya's weight on the day of the fight was even more surprising. He only gained two-pounds, going up to 147, and many expected him to be at least in the high 150s or even 160-pounds or more. The fact that he only put on two pounds sent signals that he killed his body to get down in weight. Nacho says there were no weight issues during camp. He said De La Hoya made the weight with no problems.

"This was a fight that should have been won. Oscar was able achieved a great physical condition during his training. I am a witness that he did not have problems with his weight and he was not dried out from the vapors [of a sauna]. During that time he had a nutritionist by his side who took charge of his weight and diet. But at the time of the fight he couldn't do things well. He couldn't deal with the versatility of Pacquiao," Nacho said.

Nacho was very impressed with Pacquiao's performance. He said De La Hoya did not follow instructions and like Roach told many people during the last few months - De La Hoya could not pull the trigger.

"The Filipino is tremendous. I insisted that he walk to Pacquiao's left side, but he insisted on walking to the other side, toward the right, and only managed to put himself in the line of fire," Nacho said. "The fact is, because of Pacquiao's mobility he couldn't find him."

During the sixth round, Nacho told De La Hoya that he needed to start throwing punches of he was going to stop the fight. De La Hoya asked for one more round to turn the tide. He couldn't. Pacquiao nearly stopped him with a brutal beating during the seventh. Many scored the seventh as a 10-8 round because it was so one-sided.

"I told him during the sixth round, if you don't throw punches I'm going to stop the fight. He answered that I needed to give him one more round to change the tide, but he couldn't do it. Finally I stopped the fight. I told the referee that it was finished," Nacho said. "The truth is, there were moments when Oscar threw his punches, but Pacquiao surpassed it. The reaction we expected [from Oscar] was never presented. It was best to put an end to the fight"

For those who continuously make fun of the way Manny speaks in English, based on my observation he has improved a LOT. Way better than some people working in the call center. He started off as a poorboy who knows NOTHING about English, I think we should give him credit for the improvements he has accomplished. I think he speaks in clear understandable manner.

btw, He's a BOXER not a journalist or speaker. imho.

Lastly, I'm not a BIG fan of Pacquiao amd like I've said, my money's on Mayweather.

Ok sorry for using the word "barok Barok" then. Even if I was making fun of his mastery of the english language, I am not making fun of manny himself. Yes he has improved a lot since he no longer needs an interpreter in post-fight interview.

I only said that in context of him being a congressman. I do not believe that as of this point he should even consider being one. For now all he needs to let his fists do the talking. And yes he can make history in his profession without being a william shakespeare

i agree to that kasi pag tumakbo sya ngayon para sya pumsta sa sugal mag ipon muna sya at mag aral hinde makikinig lang sya sa mga sulsol ng mga pulitiko eh ginagamit lang sya nga mgayun kasi sikat pa sya ang gawin nya habang may pera sya mag negosyo at pag malaki na negosyo nya tulugan nya mahihirap and then tsaka sya tumakbo ng politics at least kahit di na sya sikat makikilala pa rin sya dahil sa kabaitan nya sa pag tulong hinde dahil sa sikat sya diba mga peeps

Tama, paghandaan nya. Public office will be another chapter for him when boxing is done. Si george foreman naging negosyante at pastor, si de la hoya magiging isang malaking promoter, si pacquaio pwede din maging congressman o kahit senador pa, pero huwag muna ngayon where he is at the top of the game ika nga. He owes it to the sport itslef to be the best of what he can be.

I admire the fact that he cosntantly wants to learn ang get an education. Sana ipagpatuloy nya yan. Gain more experience, do hone your administrative skills, then saka ka pumasok ng pulitika

how are those peepholes whose rootings for the dlh to k*ll manny pacqui? dont be sad gentlemenyaks, the "experts" of yahoo sports almost unanimousely picked dlh to wins. kahit "experts" nabobofols pagdating sa mga hula sa labans ni pacqui.

I still remember a bading writer, sounds like chiquitow who said barrera will pummel pacqui. now this chiquita gay is hanging around pacqui like them 2 assho_le politicians (atengza and sabit) like its the ends of the erth. talo pa ang dyowa ni pacqui kung dumikit ang mga lintang ire.

to them luto peepholes, why not try climbing into a ring?

if two guys throw punches at each other, whoever hits first will lessen the impact of his opponents punch. or thats is the theory. the hittee will become disoriented (specially if its a strong punch that landed on him) and his punch will have less force and aim than was intended

@dragonei,

remember na sinabi ko kung makakatapos sa college si pacman?

College degree

pero hindi nga lang sa lasalle or ateneo. hehehehe/

Well nasa kanya naman yun kung ano gusto nya pasukan na eskwelahan. Basta dapat me kahandaan din siya sa pwestong gusto nya makuha. A good intent and popularity is not enough.

Sa ngayon maganda pa boxing career nya. Pag tapos na, magretire siya, aral siya ng konti, kumuha ng experience sa civil service (kuha na rin siya ng exam while at it), mag-aral ng public management on the job, then pag handa na talaga siya he can live the rest of his life being a politician.

Pero huwag ngayon

English or no english, just remember, PACMAN out-earned the entire UP faculty (all campuses) with that one fight. Think about that when you cash in your 13 month pay. One jab by Manny, in that one fight, is more than your earnings for the year. :)

No question about that of course. In fact if he intends to stay in the ring he really need not perfect his english, and it won't taint his reputation. He can die a happy and fulfilled man without learning english perfectly.

Pero kung magiging congressman siya at gagawa ng batas sana naman kahit papano marunong mag-english man lang yung tao. Dahil hindi naman magiging credential ang boxing record nya at knockout rates nya sa congresso, anymore than my knowledge of mendelian genetics will be if I intend to be a boxer.

When George Foreman retired, he became a preacher. Im sure inaral at pinaghandaan nya din yun.

Sometimes I dont like to discuss the Pacquiao - delahoya fight kasi baka mapaaway lang ako sa mga utak talangka. Ayoko lang patulan kasi itong ateneo high school student na sobrang colonial mag isip dahil walang kabilib bilib sa ginawa ni pacquiao. Luto daw ; kagagawan daw ng sindikato. So instead of telling him that Delahoya doesnt have to "dance with the music of the sindikato" because of the huge sum of money he's gonna get even if he loses, I blurted out sarcastically," Hindi ka kasi Pilipino." Kelan kaya matututo ang Pilipinong maniwala sa kanyang kababayan? Hindi ba pwede nating bigyan ng benefit of the doubt that Pacquiao won fair and square in that bout?

^^^

Well parang yun second fight ni Sonny Liston and Muhammad Ali ah.

Well to be fair about ODLH, I think he would have beaten pacquiao if he was 5 or maybe 7 years younger. During his prime Manny would not stand a chance.

But the way I see it. Ganyan naman talaga boxing eh. Great boxers like tyson, lennox, and even ali beat great fighters who were already going out of their prime. In fact no one stays at the top forever. its a matter of how long you could stay at the top. But eventually, when you become weaker, you get beaten and another boxer takes over.

Kesa kasi sabihin natin luto yung laban, bakit di na lang natin sabihin na at that fight mas malakas at mas mabilis si Pacquiao kesa kay golden boy. Dethroned na si Delahoya, and its a pacquiao era now