Singapore Travel - Hidden Secrets

hello everyone! me and my friends will be in Singapore on the last week of February 2010. appreciate your advice on the following

-budget place to stay? approximate price?

-places to visit?

-best and bargain place to buy laptops/gadgets?

-transportation for side trip to Kuala Lumpur? Approximate cost?

thanks in advance!

wer can u eat chili crab? meron ba dun sa resto malapit sa night safari?

at Jumbo Seafood Restaurant, @ East Coast. madaming restaurant sa East Coast most of them offers chili crab.

I must agree with Chiq, No Signboard Seafood Resto is good, and they have chili crabs. so matapos mong mag-Sentosa, u can check their branch at Vivo City.

Try Long Beach too. It has a branch at East Coast, in Jurong East, at Dempsey Road opposite the Singapore Botanic Gardens.

Eng Seng Restaurant at Joo Chiat Road

But the best chili crab I had, are found in the coffee shops and hawker centers at Tampines. Its far from the Central- like Raffles and Orchard. Tampines is at the East of Singapore.

I cant remember the restos near Night Safari, but inside there's a resto na may chili crab.

2 sing dollar for an hour of internet

taena ang mahal

everything is expensive in singapore. besides singaporeans go gaga over tech/electronic gadgets so expect that all of them owns a laptop or desktop at home. that island is like a WIFI island. u can easily get access to internet, so walang market ang mga internet shops dyan.

when i used to live there, $2 is cheap. (without bragging)

hello everyone! me and my friends will be in Singapore on the last week of February 2010. appreciate your advice on the following

-places to visit?

thanks in advance!

1. for a hotel, try Hotel 81 at Bencoolen Street. for me, cheap na yan. 70sgd i think ang starting price. mga 1 0r 2 star hotel lang yan. pero kug gusto mo ng 3-star, 4-star, 5-star, sabihin mo lang, may alam din ako. hehe.

tip lang, expect a lot of pick up girls at night kung makakakuha ka ng hotel around Geylang and Kallang, and Tanjong Pagar.

mas cheap if you will stay in a transient house. nasa galaan ka din naman the whole day. 20sgd/day. meron may nag-ooffer ng with breakfast. free wifi na yan, with aircon, private room. minsan may TFC pa sila.

2. places to visit, shempre pagkain. hehe. don't forget to try kaya toast, chicken rice, laksa, chili crab, stingray and the $1 dollar ice cream.

visit Singapore Zoo. i like bar hopping and clubbing, pero ang zoo na-appreciate ko.

Singapore Flyer was a waste of money for me. but better if you try because you are there for vacation and you don't know when will be your next Singapore trip.

Sentosa (para di ka nahuhuli sa usapan ng mga taong nakarating na sa singapore) take a picture with merlion =D

Jurong Bird Park

Pasir Ris Park

Lau Pa Sat

Little India

Chinatown

Singapore river, Espalanade

Go clubbing at Zouk, New Asia Bar, Chjimes, Insomia =)

try the Reverse Bungy at Clarke Quay on weekends its open until 2am. may Xtreme Swing din.

3. gadgets, go to Funan.

4. 2008, bus ride from Singapore to KL is 30-50sgd. Meron sa Novena ang terminal. mas mahal ang fare pag double decker bus, asa $95 ata. tapos pagdating mo ng KL, punta kayo Genting. =D

if you plan to go to KL via train. yan ang di ko na alam. sorry.

nandun pa ba ung DHL baloon sa Bugis?

gusto mo bang alamin ko para sayo?

hi girlspeed! sis may alam kb na mga transient house?

im planning to visit last week of january..

thanks sa post mo..it's a big help :thumbsupsmiley:

you are welcome.

meron, sa sengkang nga lang, mejo malayo sa central un. pero ang ganda ng units dun.

meron din nagpapa-transient sa may kallang, medyo malapit na yun sa raffles, city hall at sa bugis. i lost their numbers nga lang when i came back here in manila. but ill pm you something.

-places to visit?

thanks in advance!

same questions here... planning to go there by march 2010 thanks

what clubs are your referring to? wholesome or sleazy ones?

if you want to just drink and oogle labanos chicks, you can go to Clark Quay. there is a stretch of clubs there with variety of themes.

now for the sleazy ones where you can score, you can go to Orchard Towers, Tanjong Pagar (pinays) or Geylang (mostly chinese and thais).

at Jumbo Seafood Restaurant, @ East Coast. madaming restaurant sa East Coast most of them offers chili crab.

I must agree with Chiq, No Signboard Seafood Resto is good, and they have chili crabs. so matapos mong mag-Sentosa, u can check their branch at Vivo City.

Try Long Beach too. It has a branch at East Coast, in Jurong East, at Dempsey Road opposite the Singapore Botanic Gardens.

Eng Seng Restaurant at Joo Chiat Road

But the best chili crab I had, are found in the coffee shops and hawker centers at Tampines. Its far from the Central- like Raffles and Orchard. Tampines is at the East of Singapore.

I cant remember the restos near Night Safari, but inside there's a resto na may chili crab.

everything is expensive in singapore. besides singaporeans go gaga over tech/electronic gadgets so expect that all of them owns a laptop or desktop at home. that island is like a WIFI island. u can easily get access to internet, so walang market ang mga internet shops dyan.

when i used to live there, $2 is cheap. (without bragging)

1. for a hotel, try Hotel 81 at Bencoolen Street. for me, cheap na yan. 70sgd i think ang starting price. mga 1 0r 2 star hotel lang yan. pero kug gusto mo ng 3-star, 4-star, 5-star, sabihin mo lang, may alam din ako. hehe.

tip lang, expect a lot of pick up girls at night kung makakakuha ka ng hotel around Geylang and Kallang, and Tanjong Pagar.

mas cheap if you will stay in a transient house. nasa galaan ka din naman the whole day. 20sgd/day. meron may nag-ooffer ng with breakfast. free wifi na yan, with aircon, private room. minsan may TFC pa sila.

2. places to visit, shempre pagkain. hehe. don't forget to try kaya toast, chicken rice, laksa, chili crab, stingray and the $1 dollar ice cream.

visit Singapore Zoo. i like bar hopping and clubbing, pero ang zoo na-appreciate ko.

Singapore Flyer was a waste of money for me. but better if you try because you are there for vacation and you don't know when will be your next Singapore trip.

Sentosa (para di ka nahuhuli sa usapan ng mga taong nakarating na sa singapore) take a picture with merlion =D

Jurong Bird Park

Pasir Ris Park

Lau Pa Sat

Little India

Chinatown

Singapore river, Espalanade

Go clubbing at Zouk, New Asia Bar, Chjimes, Insomia =)

try the Reverse Bungy at Clarke Quay on weekends its open until 2am. may Xtreme Swing din.

3. gadgets, go to Funan.

4. 2008, bus ride from Singapore to KL is 30-50sgd. Meron sa Novena ang terminal. mas mahal ang fare pag double decker bus, asa $95 ata. tapos pagdating mo ng KL, punta kayo Genting. =D

if you plan to go to KL via train. yan ang di ko na alam. sorry.

tnx a lot girlspeed! that was a lot of useful information! where could i possibly get contact details of the transient house you mentioned? tia!

tnx a lot girlspeed! that was a lot of useful information! where could i possibly get contact details of the transient house you mentioned? tia!

i sent you a pm.

next year i'll be going to singapore again, but maybe for a short time lang, will fly to Bali on the next day.

somewhere in tanjong pagar, the husband of my friend, stayed at Berjaya Hotel. I met with him to get my kumare's pasalubong for me from pinas. on it's way to the hotel, (i walked from TP Mrt station) madaming clubs. madaming... what's the decent term for "bugaw"? may bigla pang nag-tagalog, nag-aalok ng aliw. I will never walk alone again on that street, Duxton street ata un. All eyes on me, especially the foreigners. Kung tumingin sila para kong kakainin ng buhay. :D

Thanks for your replies. Just got back from SG. Unfortunately, I had to fit all my itineraries in 4 days kaya ndi ako nakapunta ng Zouk. Tsk. But I did go to Clarke Quay to experience the nightlife in singapore. Pump Room yung name nung bar. Yeah I saw 'Clinic' there too - nice yung concept ng bar no? Puro wheel chairs ung upuan. Hehe! Tapos nung last night namen dun we went to this quaint lil bar somewhere along Orchard and Emerald Hill Road. Nice crowd. Nakalimutan ko nga lang ung name :) hehe! I did try the Chicken Rice when we went to the Night Safari. Okay lang. Not something that I would rave about. But what I did like was the food that we had in Esplanade Mall, name of the resto is "No Signboard Seafood". Excellent! Try it :)

baka brixx bar yon?

some info's for you... :hypocritesmiley:

we stayed at YMCA at ORCHARD ROAD near Dhoby Gaut MRT station... :rolleyes:

they always have promos... :thumbsupsmiley:

the cheapest that i got was SGD170 for 3days 2 nights stay for two with buffet breakfast. :upside:

you can check their website www.ymcaih.com.sg :blush:

they even have swimming pool at the rooftop... :cool:

^

that is quite reasonable. cheap actually.

just wished the y here in singapore (unlike the one for example in hk) had a better location as it is a bit far from the stretch of orchard that matters.

but again, that price, with breakfast, that is such a good deal. lakad nalang ng kaunti (mga 5-10 min walk, depending..) to the dhoby gaut station (tama ba spelling?) and you're connected.

i'll be flying to singapore this week and i'll be there for 5 days. wala akong itinerary. anything goes, basta i'll visit those places i failed to visit during my last trip.

i like to go where the locals go and eat what they eat, so if there are any recommendations on excellent hawker food, basta accessible (chinatown perhaps?), let me know.

i'll be flying to singapore this week and i'll be there for 5 days. wala akong itinerary. anything goes, basta i'll visit those places i failed to visit during my last trip.

i like to go where the locals go and eat what they eat, so if there are any recommendations on excellent hawker food, basta accessible (chinatown perhaps?), let me know.

My former boss said, Bedok has a lot of hawker centers which offers good local food. In my opinion, same goes at the hawker centers in Toa Payoh. These 2 locations are far from the Central, but - walang hindi accessible sa Singapore. Happy Trip.

• 2 weeks later...
My former boss said, Bedok has a lot of hawker centers which offers good local food. In my opinion, same goes at the hawker centers in Toa Payoh. These 2 locations are far from the Central, but - walang hindi accessible sa Singapore. Happy Trip.

medyo malayo nga ang bedok. i actually stayed in toa payoh during my first singapore trip and it's not too far, just a couple of mrt stations away from orchard. they have good hawker centers indeed.

i just got back from singapore. i stayed at value hotel along balestier road; real cheap at $69/night on weekdays, $79 on weekends. the room's really small and there's no cabinet, but it's nice & clean, and looks new. lcd yung tv (32" yata). if you're going to need a hotel just to get a good night's sleep (no resto/bar, no free breakfast, no pool) and don't want to stay in a ymca dorm then i recommend this place. it's a few steps away from the nearest bus stop and a 24-hour convenience store, and a short walk from a number of hawker centers and one good restaurant, boon tong kee, famous for it's boiled chicken - doesn't sound appetizing noh? but i tried it and it's real good.

• 1 month later...