Pano Ba Paliitin Ang Tyan

Question...I have the HipHop Abs and Turbo Jam as a different way of working out my abs without doing

crunches on the floor. How effective are these? I'm loving the Slim in 6 which has the crunches on the floor for abs routine.

I love the tightness and the burn I feel when I do the crunches in this video. I wonder if I will be wasting my efforts

to do these stand up abs routines from the Hip Hop Abs and Turbo Jam in place of crunches on the floor?

My abs have that burn already from my abs floor crunches when I do my hiphop abs so I don't know if its actually this video is working my abs or not.

I also notice that as my waist gets smaller, my upper abs (the area just below my breast where my upper ribs are) seems to be protruding more?

I'm doing crazy crunches and hip hop abs but I can't seem to target that stubborn area. I'm contemplating lipo (again) on that area but

I would like to get rid of it through work out.

Any tips on how to target that area?

The abs are the one of the (if not) most stubborn parts of the body in response to fatloss. Doing those dance exercise classes may help, but you still need to do strength training so you can build more muscle, which will help in the long run in helping you lean out

The abs are the one of the (if not) most stubborn parts of the body in response to fatloss. Doing those dance exercise classes may help, but you still need to do strength training so you can build more muscle, which will help in the long run in helping you lean out

what do you mean strength training? I associate strength training with lifting weights which would target my arms, legs, back, buttocks..

but what strength training can i do to my abs besides the machines targeted for my abs?

will proper diet and crunches be enough? I just terminated my gym membership and I don't have any machines at home.

what do you mean strength training? I associate strength training with lifting weights which would target my arms, legs, back, buttocks..

but what strength training can i do to my abs besides the machines targeted for my abs?

will proper diet and crunches be enough? I just terminated my gym membership and I don't have any machines at home.

basic squat exercises and overhead lifting of objects... these exercises targets your abs din

Yup lifting weights and doing the basic exercises like squats, military presses deadlifts and pullups. Those will shape your body ang give you that tone you want. Doing diet and crunches would not be enoughl. I actually have several members in the gym i work at who have developed a leaner figure and firmer stomach even without doing crunches

basic squat exercises and overhead lifting of objects... these exercises targets your abs din

Yup lifting weights and doing the basic exercises like squats, military presses deadlifts and pullups. Those will shape your body ang give you that tone you want. Doing diet and crunches would not be enoughl. I actually have several members in the gym i work at who have developed a leaner figure and firmer stomach even without doing crunches

really ha!? this is the first time I've heard of this...I didn't think they would target my abs...I learned something new today :thumbsupsmiley:

working out from home with my cardio/strength videos doesn't really allow me to do military presses deadlifts and pull ups.

But my plan is to get to that stage just not with heavy weights. I just have this on my head that I will bulk up doing deadlifts and

other exercises I used to do before. I don't want to bulk up guys.

thanks for all your tips... :thumbsupsmiley:

really ha!? this is the first time I've heard of this...I didn't think they would target my abs...I learned something new today :thumbsupsmiley:

working out from home with my cardio/strength videos doesn't really allow me to do military presses deadlifts and pull ups.

But my plan is to get to that stage just not with heavy weights. I just have this on my head that I will bulk up doing deadlifts and

other exercises I used to do before. I don't want to bulk up guys.

thanks for all your tips... :thumbsupsmiley:

I have friend who spent an hour on the treadmill and stepper, would do 2 hours of classes daily. She was slim, but not toned. When we first started training her, she also thought she would bulk up, but took a lep of faith. She sudenly developed the lean and firm look she did when she put much focus on lifting weights, even with zero or minimal cardio, and she didn't bulk up at all.

lumiit tiyan ko without doing any crunches. just proper diet. un lang. good luck! discipline lang..

I do agree with you sir. Diet would really slim down your stomach, but if you would like to have 6 packs you might as well do advance excersises for your abs plus cardio excersises. Unless for those gifted people who has a fast metabolism and has beautiful abs from childhood.

ang hirap talaga sir mag papayat.

lalo na ever since bata pa ako, nasa heavy side na ako.

papayat ka rin. saka wala namang instant na pagpayat, dapat mahaba rin pasensya mo. Tumaba na rin ako dati, pero nakayanan kong ibalik yung dati kong katawan basta disiplina talaga.

Pag gusto mo talaga, kelangan mo talagang disiplinahin sarili mo.

ang hirap talaga sir mag papayat.

lalo na ever since bata pa ako, nasa heavy side na ako.

sir always think positive. dati before ako ng decide na mag papayat, my weight was around 240 lbs. after 5 months of serious workouts and discipline, nasa 163 lbs na lang.. self discipline talaga sir. quoted from ff. "Motivation is what gets you started...habit is what keeps you going." :thumbsupsmiley:

Yep diet talaga plus mababang bodyfat flat tyan mu nyan hehehe pero iba talaga pag may ab exercise

Yung sumasakit yung likod try mu checkin paano proper crunch or ask ka sa mga instructors :) pero kung prob talaga dami pang ibang ab exercise sobra

"Motivation is what gets you started...habit is what keeps you going." <----- Yeah fave quote ng mga gym hehehehe pero yun ang totoo talaga

Kaso sakin inde habit pero nasasayangan sa pinaghirapan kaya di na pede tumigil mwehehehehe :)

just try to eat clean foods. low in saturated fats, etc. eat every 3 hours, only small portions. minimize eating on fast-foods chains, sodas. sugar free sodas will be just fine. at first, mahrap. but when you get used to it, adjust mo na lang sa preference mo ang mga foods.

Edited by mr. john

the average male filipinos consume 1800 calories per day. over than that can mean storage of excess carbohydrates, sugar and protein in your body. just imagine one kiddie/happy meal is already 800 calories. Calories are not bad because it's what we burn for energy. but too much of it will not be burned but stored (fat). so try to look on what you are eating. have a blessed sunday!

me i was never a calorie counter wish i was :) hehehe dont know where to get the info and im too lazy to measure hehehe but if you can count your nutritional intake then hats off to you youll be ripped or built to the core combined with proper workouts and cardio thats the REAL SECRET to having the abdominals you desire

As what they say in another forum ABS are made in the kitchen :)

well, a balanced meal is great. 5 small balanced meals. you dont need to entirely cut on fats. some are actually good for the body. likewise, spot reduction exercises like crunches, oblique crunches/side bends, leg raises wont really burn the fats surrounding your mid section. 100 reps in 1 set is also absurd. this type of training is so old fashioned and doesnt really work.

a good training for cutting or reducing overall bodyfat, inlcuding those stubborn mid section lard, is an effective total body workout which trains all the major muscles. developing your muscles help you burn all those fats and help keep your metabolism rate up. of course, opt for compound exercises instead of isolation exercises. adding supersets and tri-sets also keep the intensity level up a notch to help you burn more calories and shock the body. personally, i dont like splits since they dont burn much calories. if you wanna lose weight, you should learn to love whole body/total body workouts.

as for abs training, you dont need to perform a lot of reps. quality over quantity. our abs are muscles too, hence, they work the same way with other muscles. if you are performing a lot of reps, that means your ab muscles arent getting worked out since they can easily work the reps out. instead of doing a lof of reps, try decreasing the repititions you perform but make sure you work the abs intensely either by performing the reps slowly or by adding resistance from cables or plates. you also dont need to exercise the abs everyday since all muscle groups need a day or two to rest.

as for cardio, HIIT is better than long but low intense cardio sessions. i know that some would disagree on this but i base this on what ive learned from my coaches when i was a track and field athlete during college. likewise, a good example would be sprinters and marathon runners. sprinters have lean muscles and are thicker compared to marathon runners who have smaller frames, looks thinner, and have smaller muscles. however, when you measure the bodyfat percentage of sprinters against marathon runners, you'll be surprised to know that sprinters have less bodyfat percentage compared to marathon runners. majority of the workout/cardio sessions done by sprinters can be classified as HIIT. long cardio sessions can only burn much when you're just a begginer but sooner or later, your body will adapt to the boring long cardio session... hence the need to apply HIIT, which i guarantee is more challenging and fun! :)