Pano Ba Paliitin Ang Tyan

wla.. kelangan mo muna magpahinga kung ayaw mong maoperahan uli.. kelang fully recovered ka.. sensitive ang spine..

...one year na nung august. need to exercise para maalis yung mga aches and pains. what should i do to flatten my stomack, washboard abs, at mga triceps ko at biceps ko fully developed.

Depends on what type of surgery (is it spinal fusion, diskectomy, etc.?) and in what segment of the spine.

Whatever it may be, you can try some isometrics/muscle setting exercises..

try the 1st exercise of Williams flexion regimen; (you must first be cleared by your physician to lie in a supine/nakatihaya position):

Lie supine, place both hand between your body and bed (within the small of your back), push/squeeze your hands against the bed (you can only do this if you contract your abs/rectus abdominis muscle without any movement of your chest or pelvis & legs), hold for 5-8 seconds then release. Repeat: 1-2 sets of 10-12 reps of 5-8 seconds hold per rep.

The firs exercise of William's won't increase your abdominal strength nor will it decrease your waistline; it's goal is supposedly to prep the trunk for the succeeding levels of Williams and to prevent deconditioning in a bed-bound patient.

BTW, before doing any isometrics (exercises that involves you holding a position against resistance and thus holding your breath) a clearance from a physician must be obtained; it is because isometrics can increase your blood pressure during the exercise..

For the rest of the body especially your limbs, you can do Range-of-motion exercises. Try as much as possible to exercise the lower limb without producing a pelvic tilt (tuwad or liyad).

peace! :mtc:

...spinal laminectomy. thanks for the information.

• 2 weeks later...
thanks sa lahat ng replies nyo guys, kaya lang parang ang tagal nya lumiit at parang napapansi ko parang lalu pa syang lumalaki, nag wowork out ako MWF nag aabs naman ako 3 exercise para sa abs pero parang ayaw lumiit e, tingin ko nga parang hangin lang ang laman n2 e, may sakit nag pala ako sa tyan "GASTRO", before di naman maliit 2 e nung nag lalaro pa ko ng basketball pero nung nag stop ako lumaki na.

tol i think since na nagstop ka na mag basketball yun food intake mo when you're still playing basketball same pa rin kaya lumaki yan.. I used to go sa gym before but nahinto na so yung food intake ko eh malakas pa rin but wala namang pang burn ng calories ... a better approach I think would be cross training and be active ulit .. although nasa trial stage pa rin ako I've seen amazing result my leg muscles, biceps and triceps naging firm na .. sa abs wala pa di pa ko kasi nag crunches tinatamad pa :D another factor din psychologically.. it starts with the mind... just my two cents