thanks man! im going end of the year far still but a group of people will be coming since they saw a boracay feature in tfc they got excited so i'd like to book in advance thanks again

December to January is another peak season in Boracay. This is the time when the foreigners come in, specially from Europe, North America and Northern Asia - it's snowing where they're coming from. hehehe

Better to get reservations at the place you prefer early so you can still choose. You can check out www.travelsmart.net or www.lakbay.net or HASTravel (just google or yahoo for the url) so you get an idea of what the top resorts have to offer.

December to January is another peak season in Boracay.  This is the time when the foreigners come in, specially from Europe, North America and Northern Asia - it's snowing where they're coming from. hehehe

Better to get reservations at the place you prefer early so you can still choose.  You can check out www.travelsmart.net or www.lakbay.net or HASTravel (just google or yahoo for the url) so you get an idea of what the top resorts have to offer.

btw are all hotels in boracay US dollars? even though money is not a problem with me i knonw these ppl coming with me will kinda be stingy...how about those 'just a walk away' resorts are they good??

^^added question...whats the difference between flying to Kalibo as most airlines fly there and i think Asian Spirit only to Caticlan??

btw are all hotels in boracay US dollars? even though money is not a problem with me i knonw these ppl coming with me will kinda be stingy...how about those 'just a walk away' resorts are they good??

Only the big ones quote in US$. There are a lot of small cottages that are way cheaper with a "homier" feel and charge in pesos.

What's great about Boracay is you have a very wide range of accomodations for the whole budget spectrum. You can go for the really high end that are really beautiful, or have a homey style cottage or just get a room with a fan. The smaller places don't have travel agencies promoting them and usually get clients by word of mouth, and you can haggle with rates with these establishments.

^^added question...whats the difference between flying to Kalibo as most airlines fly there and i think Asian Spirit only to Caticlan??

Kalibo airport is a big airport, but it's two hours away by car or van from Caticlan. Caticlan is the port town where you get the banca ride to cross to Boracay Island. Caticlan has a small airport for (of course) smaller planes - usually propeller powered planes. Caticlan airport is about a kilometer (or less) from the pier.

PAL, Cebu Pacific land in Kalibo.

Asian Spirit, SEAir, chartered planes, and other airlines with small planes use Caticlan.

I've tried both, and I prefer landing in Caticlan. Although the road from Kalibo to Caticlan is good (no holes, smooth drive), the two hour trip in a car/van is something I prefer to avoid.

anybody know about fairways n blue water?

This is a Fil-Estate development in the northern part of the island. It's on it's own cove that faces east and north. The golf course is operational, but I heard that they only have a few rooms open. When they launched the project, they were accepting "membership" or timeshare. I don't know if the general public can make direct reservations.

They weren't able to complete all the villas and are now looking for investors to fund the completion of the facilities.

The beach is not as nice as white beach. During summer, the wind blows from the east so the water is choppy on the eastern side of Boracay while the western side - white beach side - is dead calm - like a swimming pool! During the rainy season, the wind blows from the west, so the water is rough at white beach, but great on the eastern side.

The eastern side during summer is great for wind surfing and sailing.

Kalibo airport is a big airport, but it's two hours away by car or van from Caticlan.  Caticlan is the port town where you get the banca ride to cross to Boracay Island.  Caticlan has a small airport for (of course) smaller planes - usually propeller powered planes.  Caticlan airport is about a kilometer (or less) from the pier.

PAL, Cebu Pacific land in Kalibo.

Asian Spirit, SEAir, chartered planes, and other airlines with small planes use Caticlan.

I've tried both, and I prefer landing in Caticlan.  Although the road from Kalibo to Caticlan is good (no holes, smooth drive), the two hour trip in a car/van is something I prefer to avoid.

is it safe catching Asian Spirit and SEAir?? I actually liked catching CebuPacific but i dont wanna ride 2hrs from kalibo to get to Caticlan esp the trip will just end up being 5hrs all up or so!

if ur on a tight skedule like 3 days and 2 nights, better take SeaAir or Asian Spirit which lands in Caticlan. But if ur on a 4day/3nite sked or more, you can opt for the Kalibo landing. You could buy cheap crabs and other sea foods on your way to Bora.

is it safe catching Asian Spirit and SEAir?? I actually liked catching CebuPacific but i dont wanna ride 2hrs from kalibo to get to Caticlan esp the trip will just end up being 5hrs all up or so!

Asian Spirit and SEAir are safe. :thumbsupsmiley: But of course, there is a big difference in riding a small and a big plane - you "feel" safer in the bigger aircraft. I like the smaller planes because they fly lower and you get to a bird's eye view of Manila, Laguna, Batangas, parts of Mindoro and a great one of Boracay Island along the way.

So far, I haven't heard of a fatal crash of one of these airlines to Boracay.

There was once a chartered Cesna that took off from Caticlan and had to make an emergency landing on the beach of Laiya - the pilot had a heart attack and one of the passenger took control of the plane a brought it down the beach. I think he did a water landing since he wasn't a certified pilot.

Asian Spirit and SEAir have two pilots on every flight, by the way. :D

Asian Spirit and SEAir are safe.  :thumbsupsmiley:  But of course, there is a big difference in riding a small  and a big plane - you "feel" safer in the bigger aircraft.  I like the smaller planes because they fly lower and you get to a bird's eye view of Manila, Laguna, Batangas, parts of Mindoro and a great one of Boracay Island along the way.

So far, I haven't heard of a fatal crash of one of these airlines to Boracay. 

There was once a chartered Cesna that took off from Caticlan and had to make an emergency landing on the beach of Laiya - the pilot had a heart attack and one of the passenger took control of the plane a brought it down the beach.  I think he did a water landing since he wasn't a certified pilot.

Asian Spirit and SEAir have two pilots on every flight, by the way.  :D

whoa hahah the only air crashing ive heard on the news was the air plane crash in manila ba... anyone remember the company name ?? the plane was coming from north manila.

Ok once landing in Caticlan, how do we to get to bora? any tips from airport to port & boat fare etc

right outside the caticlan airport, there's a tricycle terminal. it's about P20, if i remember right. it's a short 5 minute ride to the ferry port. or you can even walk it if your luggage isn't too heavy... a lot of foreign backpackers do this. and then once at the port, you pay P20-P40 in port fees and for your ferry ticket. board the boat and then it's about a 10 minute ride to bora!!

right outside the caticlan airport, there's a tricycle terminal. it's about P20, if i remember right. it's a short 5 minute ride to the ferry port. or you can even walk it if your luggage isn't too heavy... a lot of foreign backpackers do this. and then once at the port, you pay P20-P40 in port fees and for your ferry ticket. board the boat and then it's about a 10 minute ride to bora!!

Don't forget - be prepared to wade to shore! At Caticlan, there is a pier so getting on and off the boat is a fairly dry affair. Getting on and off the boat at Boracay is a wet event. The boat will try to get as near the shore as possible, but you have to wade the rest of the way between the boat and dry shore. It's usually a wade in waist deep water. Better to wear shoes that are ok to get wet sush as slippers or sandals and shorts.

There are porters who willingly assist people with a lot of luggage off and on the boats. Be prepared to shell out for the service. It's usually P10 per piece of luggage. That includes you if you ask someone to carry you to shore - great photo op of you too vain to get wet! hahaha.

If you arrange a package that includes transfers from the airport and the island, no need to shell out money for the ferry and transport (tricycle from Caticlan airport or van from Kalibo). You'll just pay for the porters.

Don't forget - be prepared to wade to shore!  At Caticlan, there is a pier so getting on and off the boat is a fairly dry affair.  Getting on and off the boat at Boracay is a wet event.  The boat will try to get as near the shore as possible, but you have to wade the rest of the way between the boat and dry shore.  It's usually a wade in waist deep water.  Better to wear shoes that are ok to get wet sush as slippers or sandals and shorts.

There are porters who willingly assist people with a lot of luggage off and on the boats.  Be prepared to shell out for the service.  It's usually P10 per piece of luggage.  That includes you if you ask someone to carry you to shore - great photo op of you too vain to get wet! hahaha.

If you arrange a package that includes transfers from the airport and the island, no need to shell out money for the ferry and transport (tricycle from Caticlan airport or van from Kalibo).  You'll just pay for the porters.

ah thats ok i dont mind wading at calf height but waist deep man im gonna be wet then! haha

*wolves magingat kau sa ilang bars at small restaurants sa bora kse i encountered this one small resto and bar there were 3 of us eating and we ordered 3 sets of meals and when we asked for the bill they were charging us for 4 sets of meals if i didnt check the bill my friend would have already paid for it we were being charged 140 pesos more than what we should be paying for and we were not even drunk yet...

The original price sa tricycles sa likod is only SEVEN PESOS. :D That's what they charge for local people. But pagdating ng gabi/madaling araw they would charge as high as P100. Do good bargaining para di kayo dayain.

If magisa ka lang, ok rin sumakay sa mga naka-motor, angkas ka lang sa likod. Singil nila P20 station 1 to station 3 na yan, most of the time ibababa ka pa sa exact place. Pag tricycle kasi di sila pwede dumaan sa sand area na.

The pedicabs naman range from P10-30 depende kung san. :D Usually hanggang station 2 lang sila kasi bawal sila sa station 3.

Hope that helps :D

Any recommendations where to stay for between 700 and 1000 a day??

If ur on a tight budget, you can check in at Orchids (they have a website, just search for it) at station 3. Its basically for backpackers (check it out at Lonely PLanet). Most foreign backpackers go there since rates are cheap and you can stay for as long as 3 months. We checked in at a room with three beds for P300 per person/day which includes free breakfast, flowing coffee and a welcome drink!

• 2 months later...

If you need the following:

(1) Free personalized hotel and resort booking service from makati (agent willing to meet you); reservation can be also done through email, phone and fax.

(2) Free Boracay Island Tour arrangement (personalized packaging of desired tour)

(3) Trustworthy service and friendly attitude of tourist guides.

(4) Security and Privacy of guests top most priority

(5) Contingency management (rebooking, extended stay, business services and referral) are also offered.

NO EXTRA CHARGES! NO HIDDEN COSTS!

Then why dont you try Michael "The Boracay Boy".....

The reason why I am promoting Boracay Mike's services is due to my gratitude for his good service while i had a trip at the island recently...

I met him through my friends in Boracay. It was peak season and no decent accomodations in sight in Boracay. Worse I was with a hot babe whom I was trying to impress. Michael rescued me!!!!

from Kalibo Airport, he has people to meet me and arrange for my bus ride to Boracay. Me and my gal did not bother to do a single thing. We were handled superbly...Despite no vacancy at the island, i was able to get one nice beach front beachhouse on a discounted rate (talk about being super lucky during peak season).

Michael does not charge extra. Just the usual rates. At first i was doubtful that he wil charge me a hefty sum...hell no i was wrong. What he charged me are all in. just the bus ride, banca ride and the beach house rental. At night, he referred me also to the best bars and beachside resto. Me and my date had a blast!

He also referred me to jetski rentals, scuba diving, banana boat rides where i also got discounts. I got a discount on island hopping because he has his own pumpboat.

The bonus is he gives me this "Feeling Boss" feeling. My date kept on asking me...how come i got good connections in Bora. Shucks..if only she knew that if not for a good vacation coordinator, I will be stuck in some warm delapitated room with bad CR deep inside Bora's squatter area....

In summary, Mike the "Boracay Kid"'s service is:

(1) Reasonable - no add on usual tourist peak season rates. Actually you can haggle with him about prices. He is the typical provinsyano guy whom you are comfortable to "tawad" prices...he has arrangement for different budgets.

(2) No hidden agenda - no extra charges or rip off gimmicks. Would you believe just the normal rates (and if you have good time - maybe you can just tip him). He does not charge arrangement fees etc.

(3) Problem free boracay vacation - they took care of all arrangements.

(4) Trustworthy - he gives you and your partner privacy i.e. when we were island hopping, he gave us the chance to do our thing in one of those secluded islets....wow...

(5) Well connected - he has good friends working at Bora. He can contact them from Makati at the drop of the hat to confirm reservations.

(6) Variable leisure packages offered. What ever you want in Boracay, Mike can arrange.

(7) Well recommended -the friend who recommended him to me is a foreigner who had a very nice time in boracay with his family because of mike's assistance.

PM me and Ill refer you his makati number and cell phone number.

would any of you know if it's going to be raining in bora this weekend? i'm planning to go with a friend visiting from abroad but if it's just going to rain, i'd rather not.

please let me know, if you have info. thanks. :)

Looks like it's going to rain. The four day forecast for that area from WNI is showers until sunday.

The weathermap on Pagasa's website shows monsoon rains all over the Philippine archipelago.