anybody been to Friday's recently. Is it well maintained or has it deteriorated like the pearl of the pacific. Its a pity because both are located right in front of white beach

I think Friday's is one of the best resorts in bora. The food is fantastic. (Friday's buffet! YUM!) It also has one of the best beach fronts! :D Bora was super crowded during holy week, but I took walks there going to Diniwid, because that part of white beach was the least congested!

Actually, Pearl has one of the best beach fronts in white beach....but the service has deteriorated and the facilities haven't been maintained well.  I stayed there with some friends last November.  The rooms were small and smelled funny.  The food was AWFUL!  :angry:  We got free breakfasts and dinner with our package but we only ate there once! Blech!  Their bbq tasted like kerosene!  :sick:  :sick:  Mas masarap pa yung bbq sa tapat ng summer place!  <_<

But the massages we got at the spa there were just heavenly!  :hypocritesmiley:  :cool:  :thumbsupsmiley:

I hope they work on that place...its such a waste really!  :goatee:  :goatee:

Yes Pearl has a great beach front. Stayed there 5 years ago, it was nice and quiet, away from the noisy bars. Rooms were better then, but based on what you said, mukang napabayaan nga. I tried the food only once, it was forgettable, but I don't care about hotel food anyway when in Boracay. Part of the fun in Boracay is eating different cuisines, drinking at different places, roaming around the island. If you're going to stay in one resort place might as well go to Palawan -- better cleaner beaches, a more tranquil, relaxing vacation.

nami has one of the best views of white beach... it's a tad pricey but worth every penny.

sea wind also in station 1 is also really great. they have the best breakfast buffet on the island... and no roped-off beachfront like neighboring snobby hotels. there's a convenient bar located by the pool that serves really good cocktails. heaven is a P250 massage and a mango margarita as the sun setting.

try also some of the resorts on the other side of the island, where the sun rises. fairways and bluewater is far and away from the action but is great for those seeking a lot of sports-related activity.

i don't really like staying in any other resort that isn't on station 1. primarily because the whole idea of going to boracay would be to savor some r&r. it's difficult to do that in stations 2 and 3, what with the traffic of people.

may-july would be a good time to go. but the best would be november-february. no seaweed. btw, there's no such thing as peak and off-peak anymore. boracay is happening all year round.

nami has one of the best views of white beach... it's a tad pricey but worth every penny.

sea wind also in station 1 is also really great. they have the best breakfast buffet on the island... and no roped-off beachfront like neighboring snobby hotels. there's a convenient bar located by the pool that serves really good cocktails. heaven is a P250 massage and a mango margarita as the sun setting.

try also some of the resorts on the other side of the island, where the sun rises. fairways and bluewater is far and away from the action but is great for those seeking a lot of sports-related activity.

i don't really like staying in any other resort that isn't on station 1. primarily because the whole idea of going to boracay would be to savor some r&r. it's difficult to do that in stations 2 and 3, what with the traffic of people.

may-july would be a good time to go. but the best would be november-february. no seaweed. btw, there's no such thing as peak and off-peak anymore. boracay is happening all year round.

You are right. The reason for me choosing Nami is its far from the action. Kailangan lang the stress relief. I tried to book Fridays pero wait list na agad ako so the next best thing would be Nami, hopefully may spots pa. Also need to be alone with that special someone. :evil:

Actually, Nami, is in Diniwid beach, not white beach. Its the next cove after white beach. Every suite has a jacuzzi, pang honeymooners or romantic weekend. Masarap din yung food. Try their champagne breakfast. YUM!

Its actually the only major (meaning big) hotel in diniwid so solo nyo yung beach, more or less. The hotel mismo sits on a cliff and you have to ride a "scenic elevator" to go up. Mejo nakakatakot pero hanep yung view. :D The elevator was imported from sweden, and according to my swedish friends, (I took them there when they visited last year) d pa daw nachecheck ulit yung elevator so natakot sila. mwahahahaha. The service is usually good but when we were there mejo off days ata ng staff. :D

I think the price is worth it. July might not be the best time to go though. Last year extended amihan kaya maganda yung weather kahit june/july. Pray ka na lang maulit this year. Have fun.

Ok lang maglakad maganda yung path from White beach to Diniwid. Pwede rin magparao or mag-trike if you don't want to walk.

Went there recently and stayed at SandCastles.

Actually my first time to go to Boracay.

We stayed in the room directly above the registration booth.

If you into a quiet stay in Boracay this could be a good place. Cozy cottages. A few steps away from the beach itself. Accessibility to a very nearby convenience store and an internet station. Not that far away from D Mall and the party area of Pier One, Cocomangas, and Jonahs.

Food here is a bit expensive. Breakfast was 385. Can find better deals for food in Station 2 and Station 3. Or if you are more adventurous and on a tight breakfast budget (save the money for dinner, and usually your too comfortable with the place to actually eat lunch) go outside to a bakery and buy pandesal and coffee.

I might be going back to Bora this next couple of months. Either Boracay Peninsula or Nugi nugi. will tell afterwards.

What are Stations, please? I have no idea.

I've only been to Boracay once, and that was twenty-plus years ago. I think I was about six. Shoot. How different it must be now. When friends talk about "Bora", I simply can't relate. Truth to tell, I only learned recently that term stood for the island's name. Yes, I've gotten many a disbelieving stare asking where I was all these years. Oh, well.

So, I wanna go. Probably in late May or early June. I would like someplace quiet, with good food, and not very expensive.

What are Stations, please? I have no idea.

I've only been to Boracay once, and that was twenty-plus years ago. I think I was about six. Shoot. How different it must be now. When friends talk about "Bora", I simply can't relate. Truth to tell, I only learned recently that term stood for the island's name. Yes, I've gotten many a disbelieving stare asking where I was all these years. Oh, well.

So, I wanna go. Probably in late May or early June. I would like someplace quiet, with good food, and not very expensive.

i would recommend fridays station 1 or boracay plaza also in station 1,the center of festivities is in station 2 so if you would want a quiet place station 1 would be good

and for food,try jonis laso in station 1... theyr best known for their fruit shakes and the food its farely cheap :)

Has anyone ever book their Boracay reservations thru a Travel Agent or is it better to go direct to the Resort ? I'm trying to book my vacation thru this websites:

www.boracaylive.com,

www.boracaybeach.ph

www.boracay.net.ph

I'm just curious if anyone has had experience dealing with them. Also do you have an advantage if your pinoy in getting better rates in Boracay than if your a foreigner (or if your a balik bayan)?

Thanks

:mtc:

i would recommend fridays station 1 or boracay plaza also in station 1,the center of festivities is in station 2 so if you would want a quiet place station 1 would be good

and for food,try jonis laso in station 1... theyr best known for their fruit shakes and the food its farely cheap :)

Then Stations are like zones? Thanks, scott_summers.

I'd like to know the best hot spot to stay with heaps of say discos, gigs, chicks or happenings and the best hotel to stay maybe around 4-5 stars money is not a problem with me. Also i'll be coming in from Bohol so any idea on getting there from Bohol?? Im from australia so i have no clue in getting to boracay

Thanks for any ideas

I'd like to know the best hot spot to stay with heaps of say discos, gigs, chicks or happenings and the best hotel to stay maybe around 4-5 stars money is not a problem with me. Also i'll be coming in from Bohol so any idea on getting there from Bohol?? Im from australia so i have no clue in getting to boracay

Thanks for any ideas

Try getting a reservation in a hotel around station 2. You can go for Boracay Regency. It's a big beach front hotel - 5 stars, localed in the middle of white beach. It has it's own disco, and the bars and other haunts are walking distance. It's also expensive, favored by the Japanese.

From Bohol, take a supercat to Cebu and fly to Caticlan or Aklan from there.

Hope this helps.

Then Stations are like zones? Thanks, scott_summers.

the bora beachfront is a 2 km stretch,if your looking over from the ferry, station 1 would be sa "dulo" pa.. yung may islet na may grotto... just tell the bangkero where your gonna stay he'd know more or less. its a long walk from coast to coast :) and walking on the sand aint easy specially if you got so many stuff :)

Try getting a reservation in a hotel around station 2.  You can go for Boracay Regency.  It's a big beach front hotel - 5 stars, localed in the middle of white beach.  It has it's own disco, and the bars and other haunts are walking distance.  It's also expensive, favored by the Japanese.

From Bohol, take a supercat to Cebu and fly to Caticlan or Aklan from there.

Hope this helps.

thanks man! im going end of the year far still but a group of people will be coming since they saw a boracay feature in tfc they got excited so i'd like to book in advance thanks again

I just came from boracay. Seems like everyone from manila is flocking to boracay. I have some friends who'll be there for two weeks or so.

I always stay in Crystal Sand. It's in station 1 and very near D'Mall. I like it because it's near bars like aria and hey jude. But it's far from the nosiy places like pier 1 and cocomangas. I might not be able to sleep na if I live near those establishments. They close at 6 am everyday.

During weekdays Cocomangas seems ok if you want to dance. Not the most contemporary songs, but what the heck. Weekends, dumadami yjng tao and the events start to happen. I was in bora for the hed kandi party.

As of now, puro atenista ang nasa boracay, we're the only one yata having our vaation now. UP and DLSU have classes pa...