ey there people...

Me and my wife are planning to go there this May. We've never been there before either. Any tips and suggestions would be highly appreciated. i have always been skeptical before about BOoracay being too commercialized etc etc, so we've been going to other, less crowded places, i.e., Puerto Galera, Palawan. But this year I'm giving in... Thank you guys!!!!

How about early May? Same scenario... 20k for 2, 6d5n, kaya na ba or stretching it too thin?

HI guys,

Going to Boracay this April after holy week. Has anyone been there around the same time after holy week - April 20 onwards? I've stayed at Waling Waling, Pearl and Pink Patio in the past. Would like to try a differenct place and not too expensive - any suggestions welcome.

Waling waling great place but expensive.

Pearl not as expensive but a little run down and service was not so good - almost 2 years ago.

Patio Pacific - nice room but small, good amenities, just a litle off the main road.

Like I said, something similar to Patio but may be not as expensive...

Thanks in advance, anyone gonna be there the same time drop me line, lets get drunk.

IB

M gona visit boracay on july or august.. Any suggestions on where to stay? I've never been there! I hope my 1st time would be a great experience for me.. Pm me! Thanks!

Word of caution: July/August is rainy season, and you might not enjoy the beach if there is a storm. It's also the lean season, so getting good accomodations won't be difficult.

Where to stay depends on your comfort level. Boracay offers all kinds of places to stay, from back packer's place up to 5 star luxury resorts. What kind of accomodation are you thinking of?

Word of caution:  July/August is rainy season, and you might not enjoy the beach if there is a storm.  It's also the lean season, so getting good accomodations won't be difficult.

Where to stay depends on your comfort level.  Boracay offers all kinds of places to stay, from back packer's place up to 5 star luxury resorts.  What kind of accomodation are you thinking of?

Pa PM namn po. Hotel type po yung maganda sana?

HI guys,

Going to Boracay this April after holy week.  Has anyone been there around the same time after holy week - April 20 onwards?  I've stayed at Waling Waling, Pearl and Pink Patio in the past.  Would like to try a differenct place and not too expensive - any suggestions welcome.

Waling waling great place but expensive.

Pearl not as expensive but a little run down and service was not so good - almost 2 years ago.

Patio Pacific - nice room but small, good amenities, just a litle off the main road.

Like I said, something similar to Patio but may be not as expensive...

Thanks in advance, anyone gonna be there the same time drop me line, lets get drunk.

IB

Ola IB! Round this time last year a whole bunch of us were at Bora and since I booked early I got a good deal at Jony's. It's located at the beachfront in station 1 which seems like the best place to be -- distant enough from your noisy Pier 1 et al and a short walk to the buzz of Station 2 (it's actually right beside that Elizalde house I think). I reckon the best stretch of beach is at station 1 as well, during the afternoons the more interesting station 2 tourists often walk over to the Jony's stretch to be seen and enjoy the sand. The deluxe rooms are pretty new, spacious, nice & clean. Here's a link to their page from boracay.com -- Jony's Beach Resort

The package I got through my travel agent was smashing (I spent about 10K for a 4D/3N trip inclusive of air & land transfers), I can give you my agent's number should you need assistance. :)

Am heading back there this year sometime before Holy week with my whole maternal clan and will definitely want to stay at Jony's again. :thumbsupsmiley:

Edited by Lipstick
Ola IB!  Round this time last year a whole bunch of us were at Bora and since I booked early I got a good deal at Jony's.  It's located at the beachfront in station 1 which seems like the best place to be -- distant enough from your noisy Pier 1 et al and a short walk to the buzz of Station 2 (it's actually right beside that Elizalde house I think).  I reckon the best stretch of beach is at station 1 as well, during the afternoons the more interesting station 2 tourists often walk over to the Jony's stretch to be seen and enjoy the sand.  The deluxe rooms are pretty new, spacious, nice & clean.  Here's a link to their page from boracay.com --  Jony's Beach Resort

The package I got through my travel agent was smashing (I spent about 10K for a 4D/3N trip inclusive of air & land transfers), I can give you my agent's number should you need assistance. :)

Am heading back there this year sometime before Holy week with my whole maternal clan and will definitely want to stay at Jony's again.  :thumbsupsmiley:

Ola Lipstick! That's not bad at all, thanks. Sounds like deluxe room is all we need, I'll PM you for more details.

IB

May problema ngayon malapit sa Boracay na underreported. Meron oil spill sa may semirara ata yun. Pag hindi agad naayos yun pde umabot sa tubig ng boracay.

Marami na corals ang nasira dhil sa oil spill na yun so pag hindi naayos madadamay ang boracay.

i just came from there and it was the best 4 days i've ever had in a long time. the place i stayed in was very inexpensive. and to think we were right beside friday's, one of the more pricey accommodations on the island.

it's called cottage queen. we stayed in a very basic hut with bed, running water and working toilet, a fan. no fuss, no frills. but 10 steps to the beachfront and a steal at P1000 a night.

and the beachfront had less seaweed than station 2 or 3... and it was quieter. less traffic. and less vendors.

i can't wait to go back.

i just came from there and it was the best 4 days i've ever had in a long time. the place i stayed in was very inexpensive. and to think we were right beside friday's, one of the more pricey accommodations on the island.

it's called cottage queen. we stayed in a very basic hut with bed, running water and working toilet, a fan. no fuss, no frills. but 10 steps to the beachfront and a steal at P1000 a night.

and the beachfront had less seaweed than station 2 or 3... and it was quieter. less traffic. and less vendors.

i can't wait to go back.

Murang mura nga yan ha. Eh pag may aircon magkano na? Sa Likod ba yan ng fridays along the highway? May contact number ka? Kaso nga lng ang layo sa Dmall

Murang mura nga yan ha. Eh pag may aircon magkano na? Sa Likod ba yan ng fridays along the highway? May contact number ka? Kaso nga lng ang layo sa Dmall

Madami nga lumot ngayon kahit saang station. I dont know why. Basta masipag kang maghanap marami dun. Sa akin nga malapit sa D Mall and station 2 mismo. Aircon with hot and cold shower 1200 lang. Mainit din namn kasi kung fan lang. Kaso medyo maulan nung march 5 pero since march 1 dun nako. Kakauwi ko lng nung 7. Ang budget ko talaga 2800 per day tapos naghanap me ang napamura pa me talaga. Gusto ko na nga bumalik agad eh. :thumbsupsmiley:

Madami nga lumot ngayon kahit saang station. I dont know why.  Basta masipag kang maghanap marami dun.  Sa akin nga malapit sa D Mall and station 2 mismo. Aircon with hot and cold shower 1200 lang.  Mainit din namn kasi kung fan lang.  Kaso medyo maulan nung march 5 pero since march 1 dun nako.  Kakauwi ko lng nung 7.  Ang budget ko talaga 2800 per day tapos naghanap me ang napamura pa me talaga.  Gusto ko na nga bumalik agad eh.  :thumbsupsmiley:

Meron na ako contact sa Station 2.

3thou good for 6. aircon din. pero sa fridays gusto ko malaman kung along the highway yun ksi mura

its not along the road. there's no highway there btw. just roads.

cottage queen is beachfront. two resorts away from friday's.

better here because there are no crowds. especially the annoying, feeling party people, the foreigners looking to prey on natives, the natives looking to prey on foreigners and all that. station 1 is where you stay if you want peace and quiet. if you want to "party" i suggest you stay smack in the middle of station 2.

and no. cottage queen has no aircon rooms. besides, you don't go to bora to stay in a nice room. you go to bora for the nice beach. you'll hardly stay in your room anyway.