its not along the road. there's no highway there btw. just roads.

cottage queen is beachfront. two resorts away from friday's.

better here because there are no crowds. especially the annoying, feeling party people, the foreigners looking to prey on natives, the natives looking to prey on foreigners and all that. station 1 is where you stay if you want peace and quiet. if you want to "party" i suggest you stay smack in the middle of station 2.

and no. cottage queen has no aircon rooms. besides, you don't go to bora to stay in a nice room. you go to bora for the nice beach. you'll hardly stay in your room anyway.

sorry mali term ko. Mukha ksi highway ksi wla stoplight. along the road pala.

Pero good for ilan tao yung 1 thou na room? mura tlga kso ang init sigurado pag gabi.

yung price na 1thou offpeak or kahit peak season ganyan price? pde makuha contact number?

each cottage has a king size bed which can easily fit three to four people. P1000 is the high season rate. NOT the peak season rate.

peak season is xmas-new years and holy week. high season is november to may. low season is may onwards.

no need for an aircon. its breezy and balmy at night and quite cold in the early morning.

and no need for contact details either. just ask to be pointed to the direction of bluewaves. it's right beside it. there's almost always a vacancy.

each cottage has a king size bed which can easily fit three to four people. P1000 is the high season rate. NOT the peak season rate.

peak season is xmas-new years and holy week. high season is november to may. low season is may onwards.

no need for an aircon. its breezy and balmy at night and quite cold in the early morning.

and no need for contact details either. just ask to be pointed to the direction of bluewaves. it's right beside it. there's almost always a vacancy.

Thanks ha. Pero pag holy week sigurado wla ng bakante? kahit celfone number or landline meron nun meron ka? Ilan cottage dun?

thanks ulit

its not along the road. there's no highway there btw. just roads.

cottage queen is beachfront. two resorts away from friday's.

better here because there are no crowds. especially the annoying, feeling party people, the foreigners looking to prey on natives, the natives looking to prey on foreigners and all that. station 1 is where you stay if you want peace and quiet. if you want to "party" i suggest you stay smack in the middle of station 2.

and no. cottage queen has no aircon rooms. besides, you don't go to bora to stay in a nice room. you go to bora for the nice beach. you'll hardly stay in your room anyway.

HI missmanners,

Would you have any pics of the rooms cottage queen in general? Another MTC member here recommended Jody's...the pics of their rooms looks nice enough.

Thanks for your help, can;t wait to go later this April.

IB

Am here again boracay while doing this message. Bumalik me agad but this time company sponsor. Sa club 10 kami stay 1 minute walk to the beachfront. Ang gaganda ng room pangit nga lang yung cr. Meaning, di sya bagay sa itsura ng room. Sad thing is mahal! 4800 per night edi kung ako lang nag set nito sa boracay regency na lang sana kami. Punta kayo...a real great summer get-away. :cool:
Ola IB!  Round this time last year a whole bunch of us were at Bora and since I booked early I got a good deal at Jony's.  It's located at the beachfront in station 1 which seems like the best place to be -- distant enough from your noisy Pier 1 et al and a short walk to the buzz of Station 2 (it's actually right beside that Elizalde house I think).  I reckon the best stretch of beach is at station 1 as well, during the afternoons the more interesting station 2 tourists often walk over to the Jony's stretch to be seen and enjoy the sand.  The deluxe rooms are pretty new, spacious, nice & clean.  Here's a link to their page from boracay.com --  Jony's Beach Resort

The package I got through my travel agent was smashing (I spent about 10K for a 4D/3N trip inclusive of air & land transfers), I can give you my agent's number should you need assistance. :)

Am heading back there this year sometime before Holy week with my whole maternal clan and will definitely want to stay at Jony's again.  :thumbsupsmiley:

Thanks for the info!!! Wonder if i could get the same deal. . . Can i have your agent's number please? Thanks....

Hi Pinay, perhaps you haven't been to the island lately or perhaps do not fancy the fare from the sea hence your preference for only the indian food. ;)

Anyway for those heading there this summer and who love good food as much as the beach, there is no reason to have to sacrfice the enjoyment of your taste buds in exchange for the sand .... here's a list of joints you may want to explore as reported by DJ Montano of The Philippine STAR (03/17/06):

McSandro - D'Mall, D'Boracay beachfront

Louie Cruz and lifetime partner Sandro Reita moved to Boracay many years ago out of a longing to live a stress-free life away from the city. Their mutual love and passion for cooking brought them the island's beloved McSandro. Known for its comfort style Filipino food and wafer-thin pizza ("For people who want to watch their star waistlines," Louie adds), McSandro has been drawing countless culinary praises from the many celebrities found dining in this hotspot.

When in McSandro, must-tries from their yummy menu include crispy fried crab, which is my personal favorite, spicy chili fried rice (not for the faint-hearted), grilled tortang aubergine, ampalaya vinaigrette salad (truly refreshing), binagoongan, mussel soup, classic steamed lapu-lapu, charcoal-grilled pork liempo, chicken and pork adobo, which is smothered in garlic and cooked like Grandma used to without soy sauce, beef kaldereta and the only wafer-thin pepperoni and jazz cheese pizza served in the Philippines.

The Crab House - Escondido Resort (behind Cocomangas Resort)

The Crab House is famous for its delicious crabs, seafood dishes and grilled items. Located behind Cocomangas Resort, this place lures you in with the mouth-watering scent of fresh seafood on the grill. Owner Greg Keyser has been asked many times for his crab recipe but we hear it's one of the island's best-kept secrets. Specialties include the beef pot roast, grilled squid and grilled pork.

Cyma - D'Mall 2

Cyma's cozy and friendly atmosphere will make you feel instantly at home as host and owner Nino Zulueta proudly recommends this Greek-Mediterranean restaurant's many delicious specialties. For starters, try the Mezedes combination plate of tasty dips served with warm pita bread. Also popular is the Achnista Mekrasi, a delicious giant steamed bowl of mussels! For the main course, our favorites include the Roasted Mangrove Crab, cooked with tons of garlic and served with garlic pasta. For meat lovers, Cyma offers Moussaka, which consists of layered seasoned ground pork, beef and roasted eggplant served in a Greek béchamel sauce. For those craving something exotic to share with friends, try the Greek Osso Bucco pasta, a generous beef shank braised in a rich tomato-based red wine sauce for several hours in order to achieve its tender consistency.

Palo Maria - Bolabog Beach

This place is as bohemian as it gets in Boracay. The restaurant is named after the famous old tree that practically shades the entire restaurant and the four rooms that are available for rent. Located on the Bolabog side of the island, Palo Maria serves delicious international comfort dishes amid a colorful atmosphere accented by coral curtains, stained glass and low tables with pillow seating. Many of the dishes served at this quaint resto come from personal recipes of the owners. Specialties include baguettes with anchovy butter, mussels in wine and mustard, grilled vegetable salad, brown rice risotto, fish kebabs and Swedish meatballs. For dessert, try the moist butter cake with chocolate sauce.

Banza - Station 3, near the Tourist Station

Many years ago, when Portuguese Antonio Suarez visited Boracay with his wife and instantly fell in love with the island, they swore they would return. True to their word, the Suarezes left Portugal and took with them the most delicious Portuguese recipes. On my many visits to Boracay, my trip is never really complete without a meal at Banza. Start with the hearty mussel soup – you can't resist asking for extra bread so you can wipe off every drop from your plate. Favorite entrees include the Seafood Rice (a wetter version of the Spanish paella), the Cataplana (seafood stew), the Baccalao Con Nata (cod with potatoes and cream) and grilled seafood or meat kebabs.

Island Chicken Inasal - D'Mall 2

What makes this place stand apart from Bacolod-themed chicken inasal houses is simply the authenticity of the food preparation. An Ilongga herself, Island Chicken's owner Niña Bustamante makes sure that each and every dish served in the restaurant is at par with (or even better than) local dishes. It takes only an Ilonggo's personal touch and proper preparation to make sure all Island Chicken's specialties are grilled to perfection. Aside from the famous Chicken Inasal, the restaurant serves other grilled favorites like boneless bangus, tangigue, blue marlin, liempo, and, not for the faint-hearted, atay, isol and baticulon, which are a must on any inasal menu. Finish off with the restaurant's special leche flan.

Café Ischia - the outskirts of Club Paraw

Popularly known as Boracay's first enclosed, air-conditioned beach bar, Café Ischia is perfect for those who just can't stand the summer heat. Owner Ariel Abriam counts many of Boracay's resort and restaurant owners as regular clients for the chill-out atmosphere and cool drinks. On certain nights, there's live music entertainment and ballroom dancing. The place also offers delicious bar chow and sizzling appetizers.

Aria - D' Mall, D' Boracay beachfront

Aria's famous for its wood-fire roasted pizzas and homemade pastas. This place has been around for four years now and I swear the food keeps getting better and better. At a recent dinner at Aria, Italian chef Gino Amadio churned out an authentic Italian feast that included Tagliatelle Con Tartufo, Asparagi e Proscuitto di Parma (homemade tagliatelle with white truffle, asparagus and parma ham), which happens to be my favorite dish, Rotolino Marchigiano (wood-fire oven-baked pizza roll stuffed with tomatoes, mushroom, mozzarella and ham), Insalata di Cocomero, Rucola e Pinoli (watermelon and arugula with pinenuts and a balsamic vinaigrette), which is refreshing for those watching their waistlines, Pennette al Ragu' di Salsiccia e Funghi (pennette pasta with iltalian sausage and mushrooms in red sauce). Aria's new dishes include a red grape green salad with feta cheese and anchovy dressing and squid pasta with tomato sauce. Aside from its dishes, Aria's also known as a cool place to hang out after dinner. Ask for a spot right in front of the beach with low tables and pillows to lounge on. On certain nights, there's fire dancing for entertainment.

• 3 weeks later...

i need help...i got plane tickets to bora next week the prob is that how do i get to the resorts, i didnt get the package since my friends already went ahead, how much would it cost to get transfers since my arrival is at caticlan and my departure might be at kalibo airport?

would appreciate the help and thanks in advance

i need help...i got plane tickets to bora next week the prob is that how do i get to the resorts, i didnt get the package since my friends already went ahead, how much would it cost to get transfers since my arrival is at caticlan and my departure might be at kalibo airport?

would appreciate the help and thanks in advance

di ko maalala kung magkano yung transfer e, pero mura lang yun bangka na lang kse from caticlan

to bora

pero pagpapuntang kalibo, bale bangka uli pa caticlan tapos caticlan to kalibo

pwedeng jeep, bus o kaya van, mag 150-200 yata ang van per person

nandun kami ni chickvoi,antondagreat,ebj_mo atbp ng april 13-16

sa morning star lang kami sa station 3, kitakitz

we have a time share membership in laguna de bora. Its a great place if you want privacy coz its situated at the other side of bora not in the main beach area station 1-3. Its exclusive for members only. Has its own private pool, resto, bar etc. You have to take the resort shuttle which is free or a 3 minute trike ride to go to the other side. Has its own beach front white sand also but has grassy bottom parts although the water is clearer and lumot free compared to the other side. For the transfers airfare is aound 6-7K at this time. boat aand land tranfers mga 500 would do. Inggit ako ah was there last Dec but im in Cebui naman now para maiba. Been there 4 X na kasi. Enjoy!

we have a time share membership in laguna de bora. Its a great place if you want privacy coz its situated at the other side of bora not in the main beach area station 1-3. Its exclusive for members only. Has its own private pool, resto, bar etc. You have to take the resort shuttle which is free or a 3 minute trike ride to go to the other side. Has its own beach front white sand also but has  grassy bottom parts although the water is clearer and lumot free compared to the other side. For the transfers airfare is aound 6-7K at this time. boat aand land tranfers mga 500 would do. Inggit ako ah was there last Dec but im in Cebui naman now para maiba. Been there 4 X na kasi. Enjoy!

Thanks for these info Maxsting... that's all i needed... will book for this siguro by june para medyo less workload sa office :thumbsupsmiley:

bad trip. incoming ngayon stations 1-3 and outgoing you have to go about 5km to the jetty port via tike or multicab. dati sa stations din sasakay pabalik sa caticlan.

boat ride banana boats etc are handles by a cooperative and the rates are realy high but nakakatawad naman but that is not allowed theoretically.

mura pa rin pagkain but seafood are coming from mindoro kaya nagmahal din.

but all in all ok pa din boracay although some people i know say mas mura na sa bohol and some places in palawan.