Supplements - to Take or Not to Take?

Tama ka dyan pareng Olympus :cool:  me i only workout 45min. :evil:  but i f*cking workout hard!!!! :cool:  :evil:

pareng fynx2006 try mo magtraining na parang wala ng bukas, parang last weight training mo na, give it all you got! train as hard as you can :cool:

Ayos bossing, kaso takot akong magka-injury e.... ayaw kong maranasan yun... ang gawa ko sa freeweights, yun kaya ko lang and reps is somewhere between 15-20 depende sa mood ko and 3 sets .... each set 1 minute gap...

Ayos bossing, kaso takot akong magka-injury e.... ayaw kong maranasan yun... ang gawa ko sa freeweights, yun kaya ko lang and reps is somewhere between 15-20 depende sa mood ko and 3 sets .... each set 1 minute gap...

Sometimes, holding bak is what prevents us from hitting our goals. trivia, did you know that more injuries have occurred by doing higher reps than with low reps. Why? its because your form breaks down during higher reps and stability is poor.

How about dropping by our gym for a wekk and I'll help you out with no fees or catch whatsoever?

Tama ka dyan pareng Olympus :cool:  me i only workout 45min. :evil:  but i f*cking workout hard!!!! :cool:  :evil:

pareng fynx2006 try mo magtraining na parang wala ng bukas, parang last weight training mo na, give it all you got! train as hard as you can :cool:

Sir emperor, Ikaw ba yung avatar mo?

Sometimes, holding bak is what prevents us from hitting our goals. trivia, did you know that more injuries have occurred by doing higher reps than with low reps. Why? its because your form breaks down during higher reps and stability is poor.

How about dropping by our gym for a wekk and I'll help you out with no fees or catch whatsoever?

Thanks for the offer bossing, kaso im based in Singapore, uwi ako dyan next week but for 3 weeks lang at taga taguig ako e... Appreciate the offer though...

i have question, when and how many capsules of amino acid & creatine supplements should i take? i was told that i should take 1capsule of amino before workout and another one after working out. also,i should first take 2 creatine capsules before working out.

I've read over the net that creatine is best taken after working out to replenish lost stores. can i take amino acid everyday just like a regular vitamins or must it be only take before & after working out? thanks.

Well said bossing.... Pero kasi sa case ko, mahina body metabolism ko... kaya for me rice is really my enemy.. As an office worker, nakaupo lang mag hanapon , so I dont burn calories much... i even try to avoid lifts ( 4th floor lang naman office namin e ), pero pag malapit ng ma-late and available naman yung lifts, thats the only time i use it... ... hindi naman ako matakaw e, yun nga lang medyo wala sa oras kain because of work din... kahit na oatmeal lang kainin ko pag gabi, i still don't loose weight, and i dont like fatty foods as well...talagang may mga tao lang na tabain... like me...

secondly bossing, i am not expecting that supplement will help, i just pointed out na taking ripped fuel medyo iba yung naging pakiramdam ko, and like what I've said, sa hydro energetic ako... tanong ko lang sana kung may naka-experience na ng ganitong feeling...

cheers...  :cool:

It's hard to do bulking up and losing fat simultaneously. From what I read from your post, I suggest that you spend less time lifting weights and spend more time doing cardiovascular exercises. Remember, cardio can burn much more calories than weight training. Also, cardio can rev up your metabolism even after your workout.

As for your diet, you mentioned about quantity ("hindi naman ako matakaw eh"). This time around, try to check the quality of the food you're eating, especially carb sources. Research about glycemic index and you'll know what I'm talking about. As a general rule, avoid sweet/sweetened or foods loaded with sugar like cake, candy, chocolate, ice cream, softdrinks, beer etc.

As for your supplement, I think you just picked up something that does not work for you. Many supplements work wonders to some but do nothing to others. Fat burning supplements work in conjunction with your cardio workout with regards to speeding up metabolism.

To sum it up (in order of priority):

1. INTENSE cardio (yes, cardio, like weigth training, should also be intense)

2. Selective dieting (carbs)

3. Try other supplement (though this is not really necessary, it may help)

Edited by jaymz
can someone send me a site map of elipse's exact location?

bihira ksi ako lumabas e kya baka magkaligaw ligaw ako if ever?

also, what will happen pag hinalo ko ang nitrotech sa optimum whey?

nde bko ma overdose ng protein if umiinom nako protein drink tpos take pko amino cpasules?

where will you be coming from? It would be easier so I can guide you through

i have question, when and how many capsules of amino acid & creatine supplements should i take? i was told that i should take 1capsule of amino before workout and another one after working out. also,i should first take 2 creatine capsules before working out.

I've read over the net that creatine is best taken after working out to replenish lost stores. can i take amino acid everyday just like a regular vitamins or must it be only take before & after working out? thanks.

Amino acids are the building blocks of protein and can be found in vitrually everything you eat

Mga bros!

I got two questions:

What's the best supplement can you guys suggest for use after workouts. Tipong pang muscle repair? Amino? CLA?

I used to take extreme ripped fuel before every workout and it did work for me. Kaya lang I wanna try out something more effective. Yun talagang mararamdaman ko yung pagiging hyper so I could run and lift more (for definition kasi ang workout ko eh). Most of my unwanted fats are concentrated on my tummy area na lang. Kaya medyo masagwa tignan coz somehow defined na yung upper body ko while my tummy's still big. You guys can suggest a better thermogenic?

Thanks a lot!

Mga bros!

I got two questions:

What's the best supplement can you guys suggest for use after workouts.  Tipong pang muscle repair?  Amino? CLA?

I used to take extreme ripped fuel before every workout and it did work for me.  Kaya lang I wanna try out something more effective. Yun talagang mararamdaman ko yung pagiging hyper so I could run and lift more (for definition kasi ang workout ko eh).  Most of my unwanted fats are concentrated on my tummy area na lang.  Kaya medyo masagwa tignan coz somehow defined na yung upper body ko while my tummy's still big.  You guys can suggest a better thermogenic?

Thanks a lot!

Get your diet and traing routine in check. Its not the fat burner or the supplements, but its the traingin and eating plan that will determine your success

Amino acids are the building blocks of protein and can be found in vitrually everything you eat

i am aware of that but the thing is, it's not everyday that i get to eat meals that would cover all the 8 essential amino acids that an adult needs. btw, the amino acids capsule that i bought only contains all the naturally occuring amino acids.

I dont tink quantity ng capsules ang dapat na tinatanong mo.

Dapat po grams/serving ang tinatanong mo po.

Alm mo na po ba ang side effects ng amino at creatine?

Depende din po sa workout ang suplement intake....

ang nakalagay sa recommended intake ay 6capsules. Ang nakalagay sa amount per serving 6capsules ay 6,000mg potassium casseinate. yup i've already done a research of the possible side effects of both creatine and amino acids supplements.

ang nakalagay sa recommended intake ay 6capsules. Ang nakalagay sa amount per serving 6capsules ay 6,000mg potassium casseinate. yup i've already done a research of the possible side effects of both creatine and amino acids supplements.

assuming that your amino is from a US manufacturer, the recommended dosage is for American physique/size...Since American physique, in general, is bigger than our Filipino's, I strongly suggest that you just take half (3caps) to 4 caps of the recommended...try not to depend too much on suppelements as your primary source of nutrition though...get as much as possible from natural foods...i take aminos (along with my whey protein and carbs to replenish the "used" glycogen from the work out), right after workout to repair and build muscle tissues and in between my meals because i want my anabolic stage to be always fueled with all the necessary nutrients....you should NEVER make yourself hungryjust my two cents...noah

can someone send me a site map of elipse's exact location?

bihira ksi ako lumabas e kya baka magkaligaw ligaw ako if ever?

also, what will happen pag hinalo ko ang nitrotech sa optimum whey?

nde bko ma overdose ng protein if umiinom nako protein drink tpos take pko amino cpasules?

what will happen if you mix nitro and optimum?...nothing...except the fact that you are mixing a higher end whey (Nitro) which has a 20gram of protein/serving and a lower end (Optimum) which has a 24gram of protein/serving...they are both wheys that are classified as fast-digesting proteins...you are most probably better off mixing casein and whey proteins since casein gets digested slower...

i have never heard of protein overdose BUT taking more than the recomended dosage of 1 to 1.5 gram of protein per pound of body weight (plus not working out hard enough) might be a waste of money...

just a suggestion, if you weigh 160lbs, you should be taking around 160 to 240 grams of protein (plus your carbs and "good" fats) a day BUT spaced out into 6 separate meals not just in 3 meals...noah

Mga bros!

I got two questions:

What's the best supplement can you guys suggest for use after workouts.  Tipong pang muscle repair?  Amino? CLA?

I used to take extreme ripped fuel before every workout and it did work for me.  Kaya lang I wanna try out something more effective. Yun talagang mararamdaman ko yung pagiging hyper so I could run and lift more (for definition kasi ang workout ko eh).  Most of my unwanted fats are concentrated on my tummy area na lang.  Kaya medyo masagwa tignan coz somehow defined na yung upper body ko while my tummy's still big.  You guys can suggest a better thermogenic?

Thanks a lot!

the best supplements after work out are whey and creatine. However, you should also eat carbs to replenish the glycogen that was "used" up after your work...

the thermogenics i suggest are Hydroxycut Hardcore, Xenadrine Hardcore or Hotrox...just my suggestion...noah

bro try to cut down your reps :D i only do 6 to 10 reps but im still ripped :thumbsupsmiley: 15 - 20 reps means that the weight is too light for you :thumbsupsmiley:

assuming that your amino is from a US manufacturer, the recommended dosage is for American physique/size...Since American physique, in general, is bigger than our Filipino's, I strongly suggest that you just take half (3caps) to 4 caps of the recommended...try not to depend too much on suppelements as your primary source of nutrition though...get as much as possible from natural foods...i take aminos (along with my whey protein and carbs to replenish the "used" glycogen from the work out), right after workout to repair and build muscle tissues and in between my meals because i want my anabolic stage to be always fueled with all the necessary nutrients....you should NEVER make yourself hungryjust my two cents...noah

thanks bro.