Ano na kelan na WEBBIE???? I'll cook my famous prawns!!! :D

Walang discount pero pag pumunta tayo I'll make libre a cheese or assorted niblets platter! :D  They have this magic sauce for the niblets which is just ooohhh delightful!  :evil:  

Another term for ttalikodgenic is BACK BEAUTY!!!!! weeheeheehee ... that's me!  Ganda ng hair ko (hindi sa kili kili hah) pag nakatalikod ako. Nakaka loko. :lol:

Boy, you really sound so eager to drink!!! :lol: And that's GOOD!!! Sure, we'll schedule something soon!!! Sige mag-Cyrano tayo, we'll try the magic sauce, baka sa sobrang magic nyan, mad-disappearing act yung libre mo ha!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

hi guys. newbie- virgin. this is so far the most informative thread, mayne because i'm interested with wines. well, i'll stick around for more. hope to contribute also.

Hi Bracks! Welcome to wine savvy where the discussion seems not always sober. :lol: Share us your wine experiences here and hope you join us in our future ebs!!!!

Edited by masi

... just thought I'd share ... this was taken yesterday in Napa Valley at the Cardinale Winery. They had a vertical tasting of their 2000, 2001 and 2002 vintage Cabernet Sauvignon/Merlot for $20.00. I just couldn't resist. The 2000 was my favorite with a not so strong bouquet yet with hints of berries and of course, aged in oak barrels from France.

post-24152-1129567789.jpg

Edited by sixgears

I attended a solo art exhibit last night and aside from viewing great works and communing with a bubbly artsy group, good wines flowed through the evening. :thumbsupsmiley:

Libertas Cabernet Sauvignon 2004 RSA, a mid to deep red color with a vibrant nose. Body was mid to full with a light floral finish and some tannins. It was a pleasure to drink.

Lindemans Cawarra Shiraz Cabernet 2004, deep red color, oak caramel and berries. Body was full with some sweetness in the end (must be due to its very young stature).

This is my idea of how Monday nights should be -- art, wines, lovely music, harmony, and Bohemia!!! :boo:

Six! Are you still in Napa? I wish I'd known you were going to be there. This is still the crush and there's lots of activity. We went to Noah's last Thursday, then on to Fleury. bought a total of a case (6 Noah's 2002 zins and 6 Fleury 2003 cabs), plus 3 2001 late harvest chardonnays from Audubon (which shares a tasting room with Noah's and Hopper Creek).

If you're still in Napa, PM me. I can call Noah ($15-25/btl) and Brian Fleury (>$50/btl) to set up a visit if you want.

Six! Are you still in Napa? I wish I'd known you were going to be there. This is still the crush and there's lots of activity. We went to Noah's last Thursday, then on to Fleury. bought a total of a case (6 Noah's 2002 zins and 6 Fleury 2003 cabs), plus 3 2001 late harvest chardonnays from Audubon (which shares a tasting room with Noah's and Hopper Creek).

If you're still in Napa, PM me. I can call Noah ($15-25/btl) and Brian Fleury (>$50/btl) to set up a visit if you want.

I'm in Oakland - will be here until Saturday - then I'll be back again on Sunday :boo:

I'm in Oakland - will be here until Saturday - then I'll be back again on Sunday :boo:

Back to Napa Sunday? Or back to Manila on Sunday? Oakland's just over the bridge from SF so if you want to go to a wine store whose selection will make your head spin, I can recommend a store in the industrial section of town called, appropriately enough, The Wine House.

129 Carolina Street

Phone: 415.355.9463

http://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.py?BFCat=&Py...t%A0Map=Get+Map

The wine store at the SF Ferry Building (just a short walk from the Embarcadero BART station) also has a really nice selection.

Vintage Wine Merchants in San Jose (in the Santana Row shopping center) is a small shop but has some really interesting wines, and some that are on allocation so they're almost imporssible to find elsewhere.

Back to Napa Sunday? Or back to Manila on Sunday? Oakland's just over the bridge from SF so if you want to go to a wine store whose selection will make your head spin, I can recommend a store in the industrial section of town called, appropriately enough, The Wine House.

129 Carolina Street

Phone: 415.355.9463

http://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.py?BFCat=&Py...t%A0Map=Get+Map

The wine store at the SF Ferry Building (just a short walk from the Embarcadero BART station) also has a really nice selection.

Vintage Wine Merchants in San Jose (in the Santana Row shopping center) is a small shop but has some really interesting wines, and some that are on allocation so they're almost imporssible to find elsewhere.

I'm flying back to the East Coast on Saturday to take my family back to NJ then I'm flying back to SFO on Sunday. Maybe I'll check out that wine place during the week. :D

Edited by sixgears

short note from my fave wine shop:

2003 LARKIN, CABERNET SAUVIGNON $60 200 cases produced. That's right, Cabernet Sauvignon. This isn't Sean Larkin's Cab Franc, but don't worry, we have that too ($60). Sean learned more than just the basics under the tutelage of Bob Foley. Both of his small production wines are worth getting. We wouldn't write about them if they weren't. I think we've only once written about a wine as a favor to a friend and no sales were generated from that mention so we're off the hook ;)

2003 BLACKBIRD VINEYARDS, MERLOT, OAK KNOLL DISTRICT, NAPA VALLEY $70 Every wine tells a story. Michael Polenske's Blackbird Vineyard tells a story you've probably heard before. The grapes grown on the property have been sold to Behrens & Hitchcock, Lail, Shafer, Pride and Robert Foley Vineyards in the past, as well as to Mia Klein's private label, Selene, with a Blackbird Vineyard designated label. Sara Gott shines as Polenske's winemaker of choice. She left Joseph Phelps and Quintessa to make a splash in a few smaller ponds. (She also makes the following wine). It is with wines like this that we never question why we are in this business.

2003 ST. HELENA WINERY, SAUVAGE, CABERNET SAUVIGNON, NAPA VALLEY $53 Sara Gott-consulting winemaker. Heard of Sympa cabernet sauvignon? This wine is a close relative to that one. It is 94% cab, 4% petite verdot and 2% petite sirah and let me tell you there isn't anything else petite about it. Owner, Peter Story, has a love for the industry and it shows in the most interesting of ways. If you'd like to adopt-a-vine, just let him know. We feel as though this wine will be drinking its best after the close of next year until about 2010. The 2003 vintage is probably going to be one of the best aging years in a while-perhaps since '94. Only 75 cases produced.

2004 BOX CAR, SYRAH CALIFORNIA $20 Second label to Red Car and tasting darn good, too. Thank goodness-it's tough to find great medium-priced wines. The structure and characteristics of a cool climate syrah are beautifully displayed in this more bang for your buck wine!

2001 BROMAN, CABERNET SAUVIGNON, NAPA VALLEY $49 Wait until you hear the vineyard sources for this year's cab from Broman.....Dr. Crane in St. Helena and Georges III in Rutherford. Elegance in a glass. Kudos to Bob Broman for consistently making a Napa cab that stays true to its style. What a refreshing change from the monster truck style of wine-guess this means you better make room on your cellar floor.

I'm flying back to the East Coast on Saturday to take my family back to NJ then I'm flying back to SFO on Sunday.  Maybe I'll check out that wine place during the week.  :D

if you're checking out the wine store at the ferry building, you might as well try to do either lunch or early dinner over at slanted door. great food!

after coming back sunday, for how long will you stay? maybe you, agxo and i can get together and meet someplace in the wine country. i was in st helena yesterday; even had a burger and shake fix over at taylors.

Sir BODS...

Dropping by to say hello. 

As usual, having nothing to contribute.  :)

sir ka dyan! :P

hello din to you, and as usual my reply is so matagal in coming!

your presence here is your contribution, if I may say so hehehe...

regards din to the hubby, ok? cheers!

Pansin ko lang aside from being terribly sweet when TUI (texting under the influence :lol: ), may bahid ng kasungitan ka. :P

Hmmm may I be excused from drinking bad wine on Bad Wine Night because it's my birthday? :rolleyes:

pansin ko din that your Tagalog is getting better - may nalalaman ka pang bahid dyan hehehe....

dahil birthday mo, tanggap ko na na masungit ako although I don't recall being masungit to anybody, much less to you.... :rolleyes:

what did you pop, I mean what did you open on this your very special day? :*

cheers! no bad wine for you, birthday or no birthday!

hi guys. newbie- virgin. this is so far the most informative thread, mayne because i'm interested with wines. well, i'll stick around for more. hope to contribute also.

hello there! :) well, thanks for the kind words - we sure try to make this thread as informative as possible, as long as we're sober and/or not flirting :lol:

which reminds me - medyo dusty na nga ang thread na ito lately because aside from masi's excellent notes on tawny, wala nang informative posts dito :blink: gotta get back on track hehehe...

please do stick around, and by golly, baka we might learn something from you....

... just thought I'd share ... this was taken yesterday in Napa Valley at the Cardinale Winery.  They had a vertical tasting of their 2000, 2001 and 2002 vintage Cabernet Sauvignon/Merlot for $20.00.  I just couldn't resist.  The 2000 was my favorite with a not so strong bouquet yet with hints of berries and of course, aged in oak barrels from France.

pareng six, hindi ka naman nang-iinggit dyan sa mga picture mong yan ha....hehehe :P

wow I think that's a pretty decent price for a vertical tasting of excellent reds, and......ang galing din ng review mo ha - you sound like masi already :P I wish I could describe wine like that hehehe...

Cardinale.....how much does a bottle cost?

pareng six, it just occured to me - what are you doing out West? :evil:

I was at Wine Depot during the lunch hour and it turns out they have an ongoing sale up to the 30th. I picked up a Starvedog 2000 Shiraz (whattta name - been curious ever since why it's named like that) for only P625 - down 50% from its original price :boo: The lady clerk also had me to taste their 2003 Barossa Valley Estate Shiraz which was now selling at P325 from its former price tag of around P700. It had a very un-shiraz like pale red color but the nose is rich and compelling and the taste is what you would expect a shiraz to be - peppery with almost no tannins and a medium but otherwise satisfying finish. I also picked it up to round off my purchase to a flat P1000. Napamahal tuloy ako as I was intending to only buy 3 Butterfly Ridges na tig-P200 :blink:

......ang galing din ng review mo ha - you sound like masi already :P I wish I could describe wine like that hehehe...

The lady clerk also had me to taste their 2003 Barossa Valley Estate Shiraz which was now selling at P325 from its former price tag of around P700. It had a very un-shiraz like pale red color but the nose is rich and compelling and the taste is what you would expect a shiraz to be - peppery with almost no tannins and a medium but otherwise satisfying finish. I also picked it up to round off my purchase to a flat P1000. Napamahal tuloy ako as I was intending to only buy 3 Butterfly Ridges na tig-P200 :blink:

Hey Bods, great notes!!!! I noticed that you somehow find the right words to describe your wines in the presence of women!!!! :lol: :lol:

Edited by masi
I like shiraz and Merlot

how about those I see in supermarkets sol de espana semi sweet , they taste good also, what can our wine savvy member comment about this?

some of you might want to check out Cyrano on C Palanca. Its a quiet little place tucked away right at the end of the street. Cor. Legaspi St. Excellent selection of wine and they have a great cheese platter to go with it.

Bods .... musta na ang buhay buhay! :D

Hi, I'm not an aficionado, but I prefer Chilean wines, and Pinot Noir(s). And I

consider chilling red wines a sin. :)

A big redwine (hehe sorry am biased) Welcome to all of you!!! :D Hope to see you guys here more often in the thread :thumbsupsmiley:

Don't be too hard on yourslf. Most reds are best served between 14 to 18 degrees Celsius. At these temperatures, red are able to hold their structure. When served at room (higher) temperature like ours, the alcohol seems to burst out from the glass. Red wines tend to cook when stored at high temps causing corks to "spillover or flood" giving a sour, earthen taste to a good wine.

Of course, if you put your wines in the ref, make sure you give them time to "thaw" to the right temp. Most refs' temp may range anywhere between 0 to 6 degrees, Celsius.

Enjoy your reds, like we do!!!

Yup!  Got it, but haven't opened it yet.  Lubog pa sa trabaho. 

Hangang mga boteng walang laman ang nakikita ko

WR agad hah when you open it! Just want to validate my tastebuds. :lol:

Boy, you really sound so eager to drink!!! :lol:  And that's GOOD!!!  Sure, we'll schedule something soon!!!  Sige mag-Cyrano tayo, we'll try the magic sauce, baka sa sobrang magic nyan, mad-disappearing act yung libre mo ha!!!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

Yes I am eager .... eager to be with good friends and drink equally good wine :) Oh wag na ako bigyan ng award :P

I promise not to forget to pay for the platter :P

I attended a solo art exhibit last night and aside from viewing great works and communing with a bubbly artsy group, good wines flowed through the evening. :thumbsupsmiley:

Libertas Cabernet Sauvignon 2004 RSA, a mid to deep red color with a vibrant nose. Body was mid to full with a light floral finish and some tannins.  It was  a pleasure to drink.

Lindemans Cawarra Shiraz Cabernet 2004, deep red color, oak caramel and berries.  Body was full with some sweetness in the end (must be due to its very young stature).

This is my idea of how Monday nights should be -- art, wines, lovely music, harmony, and Bohemia!!! :boo:

Ayyy habang kayo ay nagpapakasaya ako naman ay nagtratrabaho hanggang alas tres ng umaga! #(*$)($^y&@#$@#&* :angry:

:lol: Am so glad Storm's opening night was such a success and well attended by friends from the board.

pansin ko din that your Tagalog is getting better - may nalalaman ka pang bahid dyan hehehe....

dahil birthday mo, tanggap ko na na masungit ako although I don't recall being masungit to anybody, much less to you.... :rolleyes:

what did you pop, I mean what did you open on this your very special day? :*

cheers! no bad wine for you, birthday or no birthday!

:P

Hehe I did not pop anything but a blood vessel (almost) when a Pinay immigration officer was so rude to tourist who was looking kinda lost and clueless as to what to do with the arrival card. I actually told her off and reported her to her supervisor. That's my good deed for the day. :)

O kelan natin bubuksan yan? Naghihintay dito yung penfolds ko. EB tayo ulit sa exhibit. When kayo pwede? May housewine doon, yung Libertas.

Sama ako!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :boo:

hello there! :)  well, thanks for the kind words - we sure try to make this thread as informative as possible, as long as we're sober and/or not flirting :lol:

which reminds me - medyo dusty na nga ang thread na ito lately because aside from masi's excellent notes on tawny, wala nang informative posts dito :blink:  gotta get back on track hehehe...

please do stick around, and by golly, baka we might learn something from you....

pareng six, hindi ka naman nang-iinggit dyan sa mga picture mong yan ha....hehehe :P

wow I think that's a pretty decent price for a vertical tasting of excellent reds, and......ang galing din ng review mo ha - you sound like masi already :P I wish I could describe wine like that hehehe...

If I'm not mistaken, the 2000 was $120.00 a bottle :boo:

if you're checking out the wine store at the ferry building, you might as well try to do either lunch or early dinner over at slanted door. great food!

after coming back sunday, for how long will you stay? maybe you, agxo and i can get together and meet someplace in the wine country. i was in st helena yesterday; even had a burger and shake fix over at taylors.

I'll only be here until the 26th next week then I'll probably be back on Nov. 1st or 2nd. A wine EB in Napa sounds awfully tempting! :D

Ealy November, you say? My daughter comes to visit Friday the 4th and I leave for Taiwan the 6th, returning the 10th. If we do a WEB, it'll have to be the following weekend. And can I recomend we do Livermore instead? Something different.......

Ey, Eagleyes - your leg doing fine, I hope?

Ease up a bit, ninj@......what's "room temperature" for them French is way cooler than it is in Manila, even in January. So you might want to cool that wine a bit. I've found that I enjoy reds a bit on the cool side - 14 deg C, sometimes if it's a real BIG, tannic wine, even a bit cooler. And I prefer whites a bit warmer than right out of the fridge - 10 to 12 deg C seems to be a good temperature for most whites for me.

To all the new guys on the thread, welcome!!! Share your experiences, your likes, your dislikes, your faves and your all-time-"don't drink" wines! But, so tell us why! Enquiring minds want to know!!

Ealy November, you say? My daughter comes to visit Friday the 4th and I leave for Taiwan the 6th, returning the 10th. If we do a WEB, it'll have to be the following weekend. And can I recomend we do Livermore instead? Something different.......

Ey, Eagleyes - your leg doing fine, I hope?

i'm seeing my ortho for eval and to map out a rehab plan next week. the bone is healing right on schedule. i'm also now able to bend my knee, and therefore able to sit down and drive short distances before discomfort sets in :cool:

i still use a wheelchair at home; but i can also move around (although limited and slow) with the aid of a walker (more stable than crutches).

i'm fine with Livermore :)