Oh I saw Masi pala kanina over lunch at Kiku Fuji ... ganda ng kasama!  WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.  AWARD! :lol:

ehem, ehem!!! :blush: of course, since i wasn't with the wifey this lunch time, i made sure that if i will be seen in public with a girl, she has to be pretty... now you have to acknowledge that i have good taste, right?! :P

Hayyyyy even if I need to gatecrash this thread just to post a message for you Lipstick and the rest of my favorite men in this site... then I would gladly incur the wrath of the Wine Lovers to do so.... :blush:

I thank you for the warm welcome... :*

Hello, again Macy! No wrath here but alot of appreciation.... Welcome again!!!

Sure feels like we're in the hot climes of the Barossa now that Lipstick is back :rolleyes:

.....and please, we only mention the names of wines here :P

The past week was so-so but the most vivid memory of it was when I cut myself when I broke the lip of the wine glass I was washing. The rich red hue oozing from my finger reminded me of the shiraz-cab I just drank :blink:

Floppy D, I'd go with the Gran Trillo like masi does and also Angove's Butterfly Ridge for cheap everyday quaff, and no, they don't go bad even after 3 days. The Gran Trillo I had last week still smacked of fruit, albeit less intense, even after 3 days. Oh, to love cheap thrills :lol: The Hardy's Stamp Series is also tolerable, but at an even higher price than Gran Trillo or Butterfly Ridge, I only buy it when I can't get the aforementioned two. Two Oceans is great too, pero nagmahal na siya ngayon - so never mind. Jacob's Creek's price now doesn't qualify it for everyday drinking though I used to drink a lot of it in the late 90's to early 00's when it was still in the mid-300 price range.

My vote goes to that RedGate Spanish Kava red vino I had two weeks ago!  Lemme just get the price and name right and I will post here asap!  Like I was telling Masi earlier, this red is totally uncomplicated! :D

I would go for the Gran Trillo (P180/bottle). Day old wines? Hmmm, interesting!  If I drink alone, I try to consume the entire bottle.  But in evenings where I would leave some for the day after, it's usually just about a glass.  Then, I would have no regret spoiling a good vintage.

I've tried a few Spanish wines, a Bach and Vina Albali Gran Reserva tempranillo, (i forgot the name) shiraz and a Raimat pinot noir, with bods.  So far Spanish wines have always surprised us!

Floppy D, I'd go with the Gran Trillo like masi does and also Angove's Butterfly Ridge for cheap everyday quaff, and no, they don't go bad even after 3 days. The Gran Trillo I had last week still smacked of fruit, albeit less intense, even after 3 days. Oh, to love cheap thrills :lol: The Hardy's Stamp Series is also tolerable, but at an even higher price than Gran Trillo or Butterfly Ridge, I only buy it when I can't get the aforementioned two. Two Oceans is great too, pero nagmahal na siya ngayon - so never mind. Jacob's Creek's price now doesn't qualify it for everyday drinking though I used to drink a lot of it in the late 90's to early 00's when it was still in the mid-300 price range.

Wow! :thumbsupsmiley:

It seems that the Spanish wines are a great buy! Thanks for the info guys!

Has anyone done a test comparing the taste of the same wine, but opened at different days? Say get seven bottles of the Gran Trillo, the open the 1st bottle on Monday, open the 2nd bottle on Tuesday, and so on til sunday, then do a taste test on the difference between the 7 bottles? Might be an expensive test though.

I know, I know, I can imagine Masi and Bods cringing :cry: :grr: :thumbsdownsmiley: at this sacrilege :evil: , but in case someone has experience on this, like someone who works in a bar or restaurant that serves table wine, it would be good info.

Sure feels like we're in the hot climes of the Barossa now that Lipstick is back :rolleyes: 

The past week was so-so but the most vivid memory of it was when I cut myself when I broke the lip of the wine glass I was washing. The rich red hue oozing from my finger reminded me of the shiraz-cab I just drank :blink:

what a sobering moment! i had my share of cut trying to copy mario batali with a chef's knife. oops! i forget to move the finger while slicing.. and you know where that went!!!

not a bad idea to be drinking less than P200 per bottle wine in 1 of our ebs. but we have to do that "white night" first.

Nice seeing you too!!!! (shouldn't this be in the japanese restaurant thread?)  :D

Off to the jap resto thread! :lol:

Hayyyyy even if I need to gatecrash this thread just to post a message for you Lipstick and the rest of my favorite men in this site... then I would gladly incur the wrath of the Wine Lovers to do so.... :blush:

I thank you for the warm welcome... :*

HotMommaMacy!!! :boo: Gatecrash ka dyan! :P Aminin mo na kasi I am also one of your favorite women!!!! Bwehehehehehehe. :)

ehem, ehem!!! :blush:  of course, since i wasn't with the wifey this lunch time, i made sure that if i will be seen in public with a girl, she has to be pretty...  now you have to acknowledge that i have good taste, right?! :P

Rarrrr!!! Let's give each other an award! :thumbsupsmiley:

Wow and another award for Bods!!! :lol:

Speaking of blood .... I have to agree the color is damn similar to a shiraz-cab! When I last donated a bag of blood eh yun nga ang color. I just had to say that for good measure baka kasi isipin ninyo ibang klaseng blood tinutukoy ko :P

Wow!  :thumbsupsmiley:

It seems that the Spanish wines are a great buy!  Thanks for the info guys!

Has anyone done a test comparing the taste of the same wine, but opened at different days?  Say get seven bottles of the Gran Trillo, the open the 1st bottle on Monday, open the 2nd bottle on Tuesday, and so on til sunday, then do a taste test on the difference between the 7 bottles?  Might be an expensive test though.

I know, I know, I can imagine Masi and Bods cringing  :cry:  :grr:  :thumbsdownsmiley:  at this sacrilege  :evil: , but in case someone has experience on this, like someone who works in a bar or restaurant that serves table wine, it would be good info.

I nominate you FD to be the guinea pig! :cool:

what a sobering moment!  i had my share of cut trying to copy mario batali with a chef's knife.  oops!  i forget to move the finger while slicing.. and you know where that went!!!

not a bad idea to be drinking less than P200 per bottle wine in 1 of our ebs.  but we have to do that "white night" first.

Am going to let a big secret out ... but wait maybe I shouldn't! :lol: I found a PhP185 bottle of wine that totally rocks! And the hilarious thing is naka sale ngayon so PhP135 na lang sya!!!! :boo: I'll bring 2 bottles when we all meet but I won't tell you which is the PhP135 one! :thumbsupsmiley:

hello, first time to be here.. i will try to read more about wine.. kasi I will need them to intoxicate & loosen up some people.. para mas enjoy...

hi, ms.lips.. welcome me naman... really a very first. i hv been looking for wine infos. kaya pala sabi nila.. i got to look to see.. whatever.

Of course I will welcome you! :P So welcome to the thread J9! *lights up some firecrackers to celebrate!*

:lol:

Try backreading and you will find lotsa good info to help you out when your gulping all that red wine on your trips. :)

Errr and who are your uptight friends who need some loosening up? :unsure:

Off to the jap resto thread! :lol:

Am going to let a big secret out ... but wait maybe I shouldn't! :lol:  I found a PhP185 bottle of wine that totally rocks!  And the hilarious thing is naka sale ngayon so PhP135 na lang sya!!!! :boo:  I'll bring 2 bottles when we all meet but I won't tell you which is the PhP135 one!  :thumbsupsmiley:

next time post some notes on Japanese sake too. no copying! :lol:

hmmm. P135 bottle wines, now i am curious.... as long as A.C. Vin de Pays that would be drinkable.

I nominate you FD to be the guinea pig!  :cool:

Am going to let a big secret out ... but wait maybe I shouldn't! :lol:  I found a PhP185 bottle of wine that totally rocks!  And the hilarious thing is naka sale ngayon so PhP135 na lang sya!!!! :boo:  I'll bring 2 bottles when we all meet but I won't tell you which is the PhP135 one!  :thumbsupsmiley:

I accept the challenge! But you'll have to tell me where to find the P135/bottle wine that rocks before it runs out! :D

In case no one else will help consume the 5 liters on the 7th day, beef bourguinon anyone? :P

In case no one else will help consume the 5 liters on the 7th day, beef bourguinon anyone?  :P

5 day old Gran Trillo? I wonder how it would taste. Remember don't cook with wine, you can't drink! :boo:

If the wine is not too expensive and I have some left in the fridge, I would use it to honor the earth for such great bounties.

Hehehe.  Kikufuji's Sake list has some tasting notes nga pala!

You really know Kikufuji!!! :thumbsupsmiley:

Edited by masi
BUKING!!!!! :blush:

I am one of the holders of the numbers you were passing out one time eh :rolleyes: ... been waiting patiently for my chance... :boo:  :evil:

anong numbers yan ha!!!! dito sa wine-savvy ang pwede lang na numero e yung serial number nung bottle o kaya yung vintage nung harvest.

bilis sabihin nyo na sa akin para sama-sama tayong d ma-OT! :boo: :lol: :P

Used to be a beer drinker but after going through South Beach diet became a wine drinker exclusively. Been drinking wine for 3 weeks now after phase 1. My girlfriend and I consume about a bottle a day so we usually buy only the lowest priced ones. We drink mostly white wine and so far from our taste tests we think Dona Ellena is the best among wines up to P135 a bottle of 750 ml. Wine is so much better than beer in that in doesn't give you cravings to eat.

next time post some notes on Japanese sake too.  no copying! :lol:

hmmm.  P135 bottle wines, now i am curious.... as long as A.C. Vin de Pays that would be drinkable.

Hahahaha, ano nga nakalagay sa KikuFuji tentcard? Melow, rounded ekek? :lol:

I accept the challenge! But you'll have to tell me where to find the P135/bottle wine that rocks before it runs out!  :D

In case no one else will help consume the 5 liters on the 7th day, beef bourguinon anyone?  :P

Wow nagutom ako bigla. :(

what about good looking men? :blush:

Yes, that too!!!!! :P

BUKING!!!!! :blush:

I am one of the holders of the numbers you were passing out one time eh :rolleyes: ... been waiting patiently for my chance... :boo:  :evil:

AWARD!!!!!!!! :P Chance ka dyan HotMommaMacy :rolleyes:

to put it in words only I can come up with.... she would be the wine I would gladly get drunk on.. :evil:

And I thought I would never get the chance to give you two awards in one day ..... tadahhhhh!!! You are going to give Bods and me a run for our money in collecting awards. :P

We should have coffee again soon! :boo:

this is a great thread. i hope to learn more about wines here. hi everyone

RED WINE DA VEST

Used to be a beer drinker but after going through South Beach diet became a wine drinker exclusively. Been drinking wine for 3 weeks now after phase 1. My girlfriend and I consume about a bottle a day so we usually buy only the lowest priced ones. We drink mostly white wine  and so far from our taste tests we think Dona Ellena is the best among wines up to P135 a bottle of 750 ml. Wine is so much better than beer in that in doesn't give you cravings to eat.

Welcome to the world of the Winos Pasigboy, dawnman and redax! Looking forward to reading WRs (wine reports) from you boys. :thumbsupsmiley:

x x x x x

Ola Winos! It's so friggin' lamig here in the office man! Brrr, I reckon if I had a bottle of red right now it would be just at the right temp to drink. *hic*

For my friends.....

MEN are like fine wine.  They all start out like grapes, and it's a woman's job to stomp on them and keep them in the dark until they mature into something you'd like to have dinner with.

:lol:

san mo naman nakuha yan? :lol:

Women are like wines, too. They all start out like grapes - all smooth and round and juicy. Pick them too early and your wine turns out to be tart and acidic. Pick them too late and the wines turn out to be too syrupy and sweet. Don't pick them at all and leave them in the vine - they turn out to be prunes. :P

Women are like bottled wines. Some are drink now :P while the best ones are to keep.

cheers!

san mo naman nakuha yan? :lol:

Women are like wines, too. They all start out like grapes - all smooth and round and juicy. Pick them too early and your wine turns out to be tart and acidic. Pick them too late and the wines turn out to be too syrupy and sweet. Don't pick them at all and leave them in the vine - they turn out to be prunes. :P

Women are like bottled wines. Some are drink now :P  while the best ones are to keep.

cheers!

Nice one!

And if you don't treat the them right, they turn sour on you.

Treat them with care, they mature beautifully and make you dream of the day of popping the cork and savoring its juices.