pareng masi, again it was an enchanted evening last night - with talk and company as diverse and wonderful as the wines we had!

cheers! and thanks for you and wifey's never-ending hospitality!

Bods, Lipstick, Storm and Mrs. Storm, and Masi .... great seeing you again! I had a great time, enjoyed the wines as much as the conversation. Until the next get together. I hope it's not those "lightning" ebs so we can get more people to attend.

Cheers! :D

That must've been a quaint sight to see.  You, in Japanese schoolgirl costume, scribbling notes on the wine and ending up drunk. (Just like watching  a director's cut of girls behaving bad!!!) :boo:  :lol:  Hmmm, seems like the progression of the wines was not in order that's why that white ended up flat.  :wacko:

Sige,  I will play  that Rod Stewart next time, but I still do have to brush up on my dancing ability.  I only know 2-dance steps... sweet and very sweet. :boo:

Masi pare! Hahahaha nahuli mo ako... I was hiding all day and you still caught the limited viewing. :lol: And you also saw the horrid halloween costume. :blink: Ok here goes nothing ... don't say I didn't warn you guys .... and pardon me if I offend anyones fine sensibilities here ..... tadahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh presenting Britney Spears post pregnancy packing an extra 100lbs!

p.s. Would you believe I allowed myself to be dragged to Segafredo the night I was wearing that costume???? :blink: The mind boggles! :lol:

p.p.s. Yes the progression of wines was not in order .... the white was just bland by the time it touched my palate

p.p.p.s There is no other way to dance to Rod S. but very sweet. :P

post-8751-1131457159.jpg

post-8751-1131457250.jpg

post-8751-1131457308.jpg

Hi Masi!

Thanks for dropping by the show last Saturday night. We enjoyed your company and the Rose siempre. It just made my face rosier though. :D

Speaking of suave Rod S. I have his volume 3. I'll check on vol. 4 tomorrow.

Storm! Finally! Such a pleasure to meet you and Mrs. Storm plus your two beautiful children! Did I hear you correctly when you said my fave dancer has got a twin? :boo:

Hv been drinking since '94. Fv is Cabernet S.a little Merlot. Started wid cheap wines and mvd up a bit. Tasted real great reds (for free), and anything in between. So, pretty know if wine is real crappy tasting. Wid Sideways, tried Pinot Noir from CX biz class selection - it was very good! I always buy french wine from small vinyards ~10 to 20 US$ fr6 duty free. :)

Welcome to the thread ubejam! Do you think they make ube wine in the Philippines? Kasi may mango and strawberry wine na eh. :lol:

Happy Halloween, guys!

Had a Hardy's VR Merlot last night.  Berry bouquet, vampire red color, not so long legs.  Very flavorful - berries and plum, and oak.  The full flavor lingers for sometime.  Good and simple wine that's easy to drink.

Hey FD, you've been busy drinking jove's nectar! :lol: It's such a delight to taste berries in wine isn't it? I most especially love it when I taste chocolate in it as well. :)

Bods and I had a "flash" eb last night and managed to invite a few thread regulars, Lipstick and Storm and Mrs. Storm, and Liberty (of course).  My wife's cousin, a playwright and wine society member in Canberra, was with us too.  We had a some bar chow, made special by the flavors of Omakase -- soft shell crab sushi, tofu beef roll, dynamite sushi.

Banrock Station 2003 White Shiraz South Eastern Australia

I had the same bottle last week and kept to my promise of opening another bottle when friends come for a visit.  The tasting notes were confirmed by my wife's cousin as she sighted and tasted the "Pomelo".    Bods said that the apple flavors were evident in the finish.

Vina Irache Tinto 2002 Navarra  (Spanish)  [bottle c/o my wife's cousin]

Visual was a light to mid ruby.  Nose revealed cherries, vanilla, dark berries -- red currant and cinder.  Body and finish was smooth but thin (as Bods described it).  The body evolved as the wine breathed and reached its serving temperature.  This wine holds a similar character to a tempranillo, which would be typical to Spanish reds.

Beaulieu Vineyards (BV) Coastal Estates 2001 Cabernet Sauvignon Private Cellars (California)

Deep purple visual with lush flavors of dark berries and currants (cousin); chocolate flavors were found by Lipstick.  Velvety body and  long balanced finish, with mild tannins (Bods1000).

We ended with some arteries' clogging creamy and rich ensaymada which Lipstick brought and similarly, mouth watering Go nuts Donuts courtesy of Mr. and Mrs. Storm; washed down with JABLUM (jamaican blue mountain) coffee (which I finally got to serve and they drank! :lol: )

Another great evening of wines made even better by friends!!!    :thumbsupsmiley:  :thumbsupsmiley:  :thumbsupsmiley:

Masi and Liberty!!! Thank you profusely for having us over in your lovely home :* I had such a wonderful time! Like I mentioned, it was a very diffucult night for me and I was grateful to be in the company of friends like you to keep my tears at bay. :)

Doncha just luv cabsavs???? I was telling Lib's cousin that the cabsav we had was way tame compared to the Aussie cabsavs that have an extra kick in it ... parang Jack ba, may tamang bastos! :lol:

Thank you again too for serving us the JABLUM which Liberty handcarried all the way from Jamaica. Pity we did not get to have a piece of the Rhum cake. :lol: Oh speaking of cakes, have you tried the Vargas Kitchen Butter cake????? It is delightfully sinful! I think a nice riesling would go well with that. Hehe. Para di ako off-topic. :thumbsupsmiley:

....and so we did, and I daresay you remain more of an enchantress than a hermit :)  (now what's a female hermit?) Nice to see you again! Ako ang nagiging taong-bato when I see you - as in frozen like a stone, rooted to the spot and mostly speechless :lol:  Hope you enjoyed the evening as the rest of us did....

cheers!

A female hermit is a celibate? :rolleyes:

You say the sweetest things Bods ... enough to make an old hag like me blush :blush: At naks may nalalaman kang frozen dyan Bods, eh ang daldal mo that night kaya :lol: It was nice sharing wine with friends like you again ... kinda reminds me of home :)

x x x x

Winos! Kelan next WEB???? hahaha namihasa na eh. :lol:

Masi pare!  Hahahaha nahuli mo ako... I was hiding all day and you still caught the limited viewing. :lol:  And you also saw the horrid halloween costume. :blink:  Ok here goes nothing ... don't say I didn't warn you guys .... and pardon me if I offend anyones fine sensibilities here ..... tadahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh  presenting Britney Spears post pregnancy packing an extra 100lbs!

p.s.  Would you believe I allowed myself to be dragged to Segafredo the night I was wearing that costume???? :blink:  The mind boggles! :lol:

p.p.s.  Yes the progression of wines was not in order .... the white was just bland by the time it touched my palate

p.p.p.s There is no other way to dance to Rod S. but very sweet. :P

This wasn't so bad. At first, my impression was a plaid, pleated mini-skirt with knee-high socks. Well, at least that's my idea of a Japanese school girl costume, or maybe I must've watched one too many of those Bruder... Bruder... dibidi... :evil: :lol:

Have you tried the decadent choco cake or the creme brulee at Sega? You ought to try it, at least in this lifetime. :thumbsupsmiley:

Bods, Lipstick, Storm and Mrs. Storm, and Masi .... great seeing you again! I had a great time,  enjoyed the wines as much as the conversation.  Until the next get together.  I hope it's not those "lightning" ebs so we can get more people to attend.

Cheers!  :D

Liberty!!! :* Thank you again for having us over :) It's no wonder why Masi is still soooo smitten with you after all these years :rolleyes: You don't look a day over your wedding photo! Whereas si pareng Masi eh ... errr malaki ang pingabago! :lol: Wala na syang widow's peak!

Kidding aside, you two make such a fine couple! Luv ko kayong dalawa! Cheers to Mr. and Mrs. Masi!

p.s. wala na bang kasunod si beautiful angel ninyo? :boo:

You say the sweetest things Bods ... enough to make an old hag like me blush :blush:  At naks may nalalaman kang frozen dyan Bods, eh ang daldal mo that night kaya :lol:  It was nice sharing wine with friends like you again ... kinda reminds me of home :)

x x x x

Winos!  Kelan next WEB???? hahaha namihasa na eh. :lol:

Next EB natin sa house namin next week on the 18th of November (Friday). I-calendar nyo na.

This wasn't so bad.  At first, my impression was a plaid, pleated mini-skirt with knee-high socks.  Well, at least that's my idea of a Japanese school girl costume, or maybe I must've watched one too many of those Bruder... Bruder... dibidi... :evil:  :lol:

Have you tried the decadent choco cake or the creme brulee at Sega?  You ought to try it, at least in this lifetime. :thumbsupsmiley:

Haha thank you for being kind and not murdering me for wearing that costume :lol: Speaking of DVDs, I bought 20pfaux ones over the weekend. Am happy! Oh and I think we should all go to the Salcedo Market one Saturday morning! It's such a delightful place to discover delectable dishes! Tara let's!

Haven't tried the creme brulee yet but hey when Liberty is in Makati the next time gimme a ring and I'll buy you guys a cuppa and a sweet plate there! :D

Next EB natin sa house namin next week on the 18th of November (Friday). I-calendar nyo na.

Uh-oh .. Ad Congress week in Cebu and I might have to be there :( Hayyyy wala na naman ako sa stampita! :lol: Was looking forward pa man din to visit Mr. & Mrs. Storm's mansyon because I wanted to be treated to the visual delights! Especially the sabungero pieces. :thumbsupsmiley:

Naka-calendar na!!!! :thumbsupsmiley:

Haha thank you for being kind and not murdering me for wearing that costume :lol: Speaking of DVDs, I bought 20pfaux ones over the weekend.  Am happy!  Oh and I think we should all go to the  Salcedo Market one Saturday morning!  It's such a delightful place to discover delectable dishes!  Tara let's!

Uh-oh .. Ad Congress week in Cebu and I might have to be there :(  Hayyyy wala na naman ako sa stampita! :lol:  Was looking forward pa man din to visit Mr. & Mrs. Storm's mansyon because I wanted to be treated to the visual delights!  Especially the sabungero pieces.  :thumbsupsmiley:

It wasn't really that bad and considering the industry where you work, that outfit could pass as a "typical day". Believe me, I've seen clowns walk everyday along Ayala, ride with them in elevators. Sometimes, I'm in my clown suit, too, and I haven't even had a drink!!!! :lol:

Salcedo Market would be a great place for an eb, albeit, no wines!!!

Sige after Storm's eb, the next eb will be at your house!!! :boo:

I've seen the Spanish Gate at the supermarkets. My daughter has been pointing it to me :) everytime we gravitate to the liquor section. Haven't bought one though. Instead, I got a bottle of Port at Barcino's and a 15-year old bottle of Tanduay!

Hey FD, you've been busy drinking jove's nectar! :lol:  It's such a delight to taste berries in wine isn't it?  I most especially love it when I taste chocolate in it as well. :)

Sipping is a more apt term. By the second glass, I can't tell the berries from the oak. :blink:

It wasn't really that bad and considering the industry where you work, that outfit could pass as a "typical day".  Believe me, I've seen clowns walk everyday along Ayala, ride with them in elevators.  Sometimes, I'm in my clown suit, too, and I haven't even had a drink!!!! :lol:

Salcedo Market would be a great place for an eb, albeit,  no wines!!! 

I've seen the Spanish Gate at the supermarkets.  My daughter has been pointing it to me :) everytime we gravitate to the liquor section.  Haven't bought one though.  Instead, I got a bottle of Port at Barcino's and a 15-year old bottle of Tanduay!

That 15 year old Tanduay can give Johnny and Jack a run for their money! :thumbsupsmiley: The 12 year old Superior is already good, but the 15 year old is the best bang for the buck! Lest one is a connosiuer, it's very hard to distinguish between the 15, 18 and 20 year old Tanduay.

That 15 year old Tanduay can give Johnny and Jack a run for their money!  :thumbsupsmiley:  The 12 year old Superior is already good, but the 15 year old is the best bang for the buck!  Lest one is a connosiuer, it's very hard to distinguish between the 15, 18 and 20 year old Tanduay.

You are right on the money here, FD!!! The Superior was my favorite rum until a Japanese friend of mine told me that he tried the 15 year old -- rum, if I may hastily add. I've been looking for it in supermarkets but it was usually out of stock. Finally, I got one! I'm looking forward to trying this.

A friend of mine who works for San Miguel told me that I should try the premium rum of Anejo, but it's nowhere to be found.

I have another friend who works for one of the large "Azucareras" in Central Luzon. He gave me a bottle of rum which the azucarera made but never sold. It was stored in oak barrels and no one knew how old it was. When I tried it then, it practically slid down my throat. Being a rum drinker, I told my friend that the rum he gave me was easily more than 12 years old. I surmiced maybe 18 or older. Good thing they still have a few barrels of that rum.

I take my rum straight. I simply pour a reasonable amount in a scotch glass and sip it as I smoke.

You are right on the money here, FD!!! The Superior was my favorite rum until a Japanese friend of mine told me that he tried the 15 year old -- rum, if I may hastily add.  I've been looking for it in supermarkets but it was usually out of stock.  Finally, I got one!  I'm looking forward to trying this.

A friend of mine who works for San Miguel told me that I should try the premium rum of Anejo, but it's nowhere to be found.

I have another friend who works for one of the large "Azucareras" in Central Luzon.  He gave me a bottle of rum which the azucarera made but never sold.  It was stored in oak barrels and no one knew how old it was.  When I tried it then, it practically slid down my throat.  Being a rum drinker, I told my friend that the rum he gave me was easily more than 12 years old.  I surmiced maybe 18 or older.  Good thing they still have a few barrels of that rum. 

I take my rum straight.  I simply pour a reasonable amount in a scotch glass and sip it as I smoke.

I found out about that 15 year old straight from the distillery. I was there buying the 1.5 liter barrels as souvenirs for some expats returning to their native land, and the staff there said I have to try their latest product. I case you want to buy some and cant find it in the retail outlets, you can go directly to their sales office in Pasig. Their number's in the yellow pages. (Way cheaper too! But you have to buy a few bottles)

That "Azucarera" treasure you have may turn your 15 year old into a 5 year old. hehehe

I also prefer drinking liquor straight, at the correct temp. Anything older than 10 years would be criminal if mixed with other stuff and not savored by itself. I've seen some guys take that 15 year old rum - and mix it with coke - :cry: :cry: :cry: Murder! They could have done the same with a 2 year old and not tell the difference!

Will ask around about the premium Anejo rum.

By the way, has anyone tried the premium Ginebra San Miguel? Saw the add the other day and am curious if it's any good.

I've seen the premium GSM in supermarkets as well, but I am not a gin drinker anymore as much as I did in my youth!

I was at Wine Depot, Pasig Branch and sampled a the Banrock Station 2004 Cab Sauv and 2004 Merlot! The Merlot was a pleasant drink with rich flavors compared to the Cab Sauv. This was a unique and unusual character of Banrock Station according to the sale personnel. The wines were thin bodied, maybe because of their youth.

I got the Selaks Premium Selection Sauvignon Blanc 2003 Marlborough (NZ), Banrock Station The Reserve Sparkling Shiraz and those 2003 Cab Sauv, Merlot and Shiraz of Banrock Station.

I will be posting my experiences on these wines as I pop them.

You say the sweetest things Bods ... enough to make an old hag like me blush :blush:  At naks may nalalaman kang frozen dyan Bods, eh ang daldal mo that night kaya :lol:  It was nice sharing wine with friends like you again ... kinda reminds me of home :)

x x x x

Winos!  Kelan next WEB???? hahaha namihasa na eh. :lol:

celibacy is not the exclusive domain of the female gender - and that includes crabs and humans :P

...and I remember not being madaldal that night - the three wines were not enough to loosen up my tongue...ooppss parang hindi magandang pakinggan ah :blush:

ok Friday next at the Storm's domain! cheers!!!!

I won't miss this one - para na din siguro akong nagpunta sa art gallery nito hehehe....

I've seen the premium GSM in supermarkets as well, but I am not a gin drinker anymore as much as I did in my youth! 

I was at Wine Depot, Pasig Branch and sampled a the Banrock Station 2004 Cab Sauv and 2004 Merlot!  The Merlot was a pleasant drink with rich flavors compared to the Cab Sauv.  This was a unique and unusual character of Banrock Station according to the sale personnel.  The wines were thin bodied, maybe because of their youth.

I got the Selaks Premium Selection Sauvignon Blanc 2003 Marlborough (NZ), Banrock Station The Reserve Sparkling Shiraz and those 2003 Cab Sauv, Merlot and Shiraz of Banrock Station.

I will be posting my experiences on these wines as I pop them.

I was there yesterday, pare and I got a Dunnewood Cabernet Sauv - been meaning to try this and it was on sale, so.....well of course I also got my everyday prescription wine - the Butterfly hehehe....

there's something about drinking a good wine then drinking a bargain wine....I've been drinking the Barossa Valley then the Starvedog the last two weeks then I popped open the Butterfly Ridge last night and the difference was worlds apart . I mean, I've been enjoying the Butterfly so often pero when you get to sip a good wine, the cheap one really gets you on a downer. Could be the Angove was 2004 but it tasted so green - the sour notes really stay on your tongue whereas the Barossa and the Starvedog really went down oh so smoothly....Well, it seems I have to refocus my taste buds for about two weeks of drinking the Butterfly because I can't drink elegant wines as often as I would like :P

I'll try to save up the Dunnewood for when my taste buds get fed up with the Angove's...

pare you're becoming a true-blue fan of Banrock hehehe...

tell me about that New Zealand when you get to taste it - the whites there are so excellent....

I was there yesterday, pare and I got a Dunnewood Cabernet Sauv - been meaning to try this and it was on sale, so.....well of course I also got my everyday prescription wine - the Butterfly hehehe....

there's something about drinking a good wine then drinking a bargain wine....I've been drinking the Barossa Valley then the Starvedog the last two weeks then I popped open the Butterfly Ridge last night and the difference was worlds apart . I mean, I've been enjoying the Butterfly so often pero when you get to sip a good wine, the cheap one really gets you on a downer. Could be the Angove was 2004 but it tasted so green - the sour notes really stay on your tongue whereas the Barossa and the Starvedog really went down oh so smoothly....Well, it seems I have to refocus my taste buds for about two weeks of drinking the Butterfly because I can't drink elegant wines as often as I would like  :P

I'll try to save up the Dunnewood for when my taste buds get fed up with the Angove's...

pare you're becoming a true-blue fan of Banrock hehehe...

tell me about that New Zealand when you get to taste it - the whites there are so excellent....

Pare, can't help it, the Banrock's are still on sale!!!! The Sparkling Shiraz was a "pahabol" purchase. I was just about to leave the place when my wife saw it! I just couldn'y leave Wine Depot without that bottle in hand! They also had Banrock in cartons! :boo: The sales people said it's the same Banrock in the bottle but you pay the equivalent of 2 bottles for the quantity of 3. Not bad!!!

On the Angove's, they told me the the Pinot Noir was a bottle to forget. No wonder it had corkscrew top. But the Long Row Shiraz, which I have a couple of bottles, is a good one!

Moving to a different wine shop, I recently went to Santis and they have a fairly good selection! They also sell good wine paraphernalia like full size burgundy and bordeaux glasses, insulating sleeves (I've been looking for this!) vacuum sealers etc.

Edited by masi
Pare, can't help it, the Banrock's are still on sale!!!!  The Sparkling Shiraz was a "pahabol" purchase.  I was just about to leave the place when my wife saw it!    I just couldn'y leave Wine Depot without that bottle in hand!  They also had Banrock in cartons!  :boo:  The sales people said it's the same Banrock in the bottle but you pay the equivalent of 2 bottles for the quantity of 3.  Not bad!!!

Moving to a different wine shop,  I recently went to Santis and the have a fairly good selection!  They also sell good wine paraphernalia like full size burgundy and bordeaux glasses, insulating sleeves (I've been looking for this!) vacuum sealers etc.

pare i also saw this banrocks in cartons but I get dubious whenever I see wines in cartons - reminds me of Franzia and that Jay Leno episode :P

yeah pare Santi's have good wines - that's where I buy the Tyrell's and that reminds me to check it out again....

Pare, can't help it, the Banrock's are still on sale!!!!  The Sparkling Shiraz was a "pahabol" purchase.  I was just about to leave the place when my wife saw it!    I just couldn'y leave Wine Depot without that bottle in hand!  They also had Banrock in cartons!  :boo:  The sales people said it's the same Banrock in the bottle but you pay the equivalent of 2 bottles for the quantity of 3.  Not bad!!!

On the Angove's, they told me the the Pinot Noir was a bottle to forget.  No wonder it had corkscrew top.  But the Long Row Shiraz, which I have a couple of bottles, is a good one!

Moving to a different wine shop,  I recently went to Santis and they have a fairly good selection!  They also sell good wine paraphernalia like full size burgundy and bordeaux glasses, insulating sleeves (I've been looking for this!) vacuum sealers etc.

yeah pare good thing you didn't get it - I was more mystified by the screw cap opening when I bought it before - wondering how it would be - but the wine itself was quite forgettable

yeah pare good thing you didn't get it - I was more mystified by the screw cap opening when I bought it before - wondering how it would be - but the wine itself was quite forgettable

well, i guess, that's because it is a pinot noir. as they say, this is the most difficult vine to grow. if it's a good harvest then this varietal will be excellent, if it's a bad harvest, it's bottled with corkscrew tops!!!

have a great wine weekend, pare! no wines for me, i'm a bit under the weather!

well, i guess, that's because it is a pinot noir.  as they say, this is the most difficult vine to grow.  if it's a good harvest then this varietal will be excellent, if it's a bad harvest, it's bottled with corkscrew tops!!!

have a great wine weekend, pare!  no wines for me, i'm a bit under the weather!

well I don't know if they're ever going back to a good ole' cork stopper but using a different stopper is more of a corporate decision regardless of whether the vintage will turn out good or bad..anyway, more and more wineries are switching to screw caps...

pare get well soon! maybe you're working too hard again...but come to think of it, I'm more of a bum now but I also almost got in under the weather too last week :P

you gotta get well soon for Friday hehehe...

It wasn't really that bad and considering the industry where you work, that outfit could pass as a "typical day".  Believe me, I've seen clowns walk everyday along Ayala, ride with them in elevators.  Sometimes, I'm in my clown suit, too, and I haven't even had a drink!!!! :lol:

Salcedo Market would be a great place for an eb, albeit,  no wines!!! 

I've seen the Spanish Gate at the supermarkets.  My daughter has been pointing it to me :) everytime we gravitate to the liquor section.  Haven't bought one though.  Instead, I got a bottle of Port at Barcino's and a 15-year old bottle of Tanduay!

Err well onsidering the industry I work in ... and the department I belong to .... wearing that costume on a regular day would only mean I was having a BAD FASHION VICTIM WARDROBE moment. :lol:

Oh I would love to host a WEB! You can finally sample my Prawns! Sige my place next :D

Sipping is a more apt term.  By the second glass, I can't tell the berries from the oak.    :blink:

Hehe and I thought I was the only lush around here. :lol:

celibacy is not the exclusive domain of the female gender - and that includes crabs and humans :P

...and I remember not being madaldal that night - the three wines were not enough to loosen up my tongue...ooppss parang hindi magandang pakinggan ah :blush:

ok Friday next at the Storm's domain! cheers!!!!

I won't miss this one - para na din siguro akong nagpunta sa art gallery nito hehehe....

Hahaha then I must be a crab! :lol: And that must also explain my crabby nature lately. Ha ha ha ha. Hehe natawa sa sariling joke eh. I reckon the wine gave you short term memory loss because your tongue was on the loose (so the speak :lol: )

pare i also saw this banrocks in cartons but I get dubious whenever I see wines in cartons - reminds me of Franzia and that Jay Leno episode :P

yeah pare Santi's have good wines - that's where I buy the Tyrell's and that reminds me to check it out again....

I remember the drop of Tyrell's I had some 3months ago, it was a 1999 Shiraz-Cabernet-- chocolatey albeit lacking that dominant spicy character of a Shiraz (even if it was touted to be 65% Shiraz).

well I don't know if they're ever going back to a good ole' cork stopper but using a different stopper is more of a corporate decision regardless of whether the vintage will turn out good or bad..anyway, more and more wineries are switching to screw caps...

pare get well soon! maybe you're working too hard again...but come to think of it, I'm more of a bum now but I also almost got in under the weather too last week :P

you gotta get well soon for Friday hehehe...

i think there will be a revolution in Portugal and Spain once winemakers stop using corks. I dread to see the day. I have a variety of corkscrews!

I'll be well by Friday -- see you! Pare, we all deserve to rest on every crossroad we reach.

Oh I would love to host a WEB!  You can finally sample my Prawns!  Sige my place next :D

Hehe and I thought I was the only lush around here. :lol: 

I remember the drop of Tyrell's I had some 3months ago, it was a 1999 Shiraz-Cabernet-- chocolatey albeit lacking that dominant spicy character of a Shiraz (even if it was touted to be 65% Shiraz).

Uh-oh! Prawns and alcohol don't mix well! Just like ika, tako, kani won't. At any rate, if you are serving the prawns, who are we to refuse! :goatee: That wouldn't be bad for that "white night" we been planning.

The blend of the Shiraz-Cabernet would temper those tannins. Honestly, after abhoring tannins in the early goings, I now look for them. This is the reason, I like Merlot!