Ayyy habang kayo ay nagpapakasaya ako naman ay nagtratrabaho hanggang alas tres ng umaga! #(*$)($^y&@#$@#&*  :angry:

:lol:  Am so glad Storm's opening night was such a success and well attended by friends from the board.

:P

Sama ako!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :boo:

Aba, ate, di hamak naman na lamang ako sa yo sa edad kaya, I may be entitled to alittle fun and relaxation!!! When I was your age, I had 20 hour days. Took red eye flights in between meetings. So, pa-slave ka muna!!!! :P

Yes, Storm's exhibit is a "must see", ie., Storm "must see" you there, too!!!! :lol:

Sama ka?! Lagi naman dapat, di ba?

Why don't we have an EB at the gallery tomorrow or Saturday? Any takers?

Am good anytime, pare! I just need the date and time and I'll be there!

Casa Lapostolle "Clos Apalta" 2001

An excellent wine that I enjoyed on its own with no food accompaniment. For the wine lover, this wine would make a great gift. Attractively labeled and bottled, this wine looks like it costs twice as much as you'll pay for it. There's quality in every aspect of its production. There's so much quality evident that--not knowing any better--you'd think that Chile is the wine capital of the world. And maybe it is... at least in the world of affordable wines of extraordinary quality.

Aba, ate, di hamak naman na lamang ako sa yo sa edad kaya, I may be entitled to alittle fun and relaxation!!!  When I was your age, I had 20 hour days.  Took red eye flights in between meetings.  So, pa-slave ka muna!!!! :P

Yes, Storm's exhibit is a "must see", ie., Storm "must see" you there, too!!!! :lol:

Sama ka?!  Lagi naman dapat, di ba?

Nyar .... haven't I been slave enough???? You mean there is more????? :blink: I shudder at the thought!!!! :lol:

Hehehe witty tayo today ah pare ... must see .... wehehehehehe.

OO lagi naman ako kasama ... katunayan eh twice na ako nakakasama sa WEB pero major secret. :lol: Truth be told, I have had the pleasure of sharing more than a glass of wine with such kindred spirits in the handles of Masi, Bods and PinoiStrigoi --- and I meant like in a "3 glasses, some callos, some tako, and a whole lotta laughs" kind of way. :D

Ayan hindi na ako pwedeng i-blackmail. :lol: Sinabi ko na! hehehehehehehe.

To those who have met these three men, you will agree with me that Masi is such a gracious host and am sure he only takes after his better beautiful half Mrs. Masi. And that Bods is such a genteel soul, very softspoken like the mild mannered Clark Kent. ;) And si Pinoi eh ... well he's a whole different animal alltogether! :lol:

x x x x x

Eagleyes and Agxo3, I failed to greet you two men out there in the west coast "HELLO" hehe so here it is ... Hello! Hope all has been well with you and your families. :)

Jadedfox, welcome to the thread! Hope to see you 'round here often.

Cheers Winos, it has been a terrible week and I just can't wait for it to end! Looking forward to the weekend and some booze. :thumbsupsmiley:

Ms. L!! greetings from the West Coast.........

Storm - I hear lots of good things about yourexhibit. Too bad we can't go see it in person. Is there a Web site we can view to see it? I know that sculture does not view in 2D as effectively as in 3D but at least we'll get a sense of your art. Perhaps you should try to get a West Coast exhibit going as well? That should give you a good excuse to visit here and taste the wine! :P

Aba, ate, di hamak naman na lamang ako sa yo sa edad kaya, I may be entitled to alittle fun and relaxation!!!  When I was your age, I had 20 hour days.  Took red eye flights in between meetings.  So, pa-slave ka muna!!!! :P

Sama ka?!  Lagi naman dapat, di ba?

Am good anytime, pare!  I just need the  date and time and I'll be there!

I'll be there on Saturday. Text me or post here what time kayo pwede?

Ms. L!! greetings from the West Coast.........

Storm - I hear lots of good things about yourexhibit. Too bad we can't go see it in person. Is there a Web site we can view to see it? I know that sculture does not view in 2D as effectively as in 3D but at least we'll get a sense of your art. Perhaps you should try to get a West Coast exhibit going as well? That should give you a good excuse to visit here and taste the wine!  :P

Please try the sculpture thread under Art & Graphics Section. I posted some of the sculptures that are included in the show. I'll post the rest next week.

I'll be in the US next year.

Nyar .... haven't I been slave enough???? You mean there is more????? :blink:  I shudder at the thought!!!! :lol:

Well, look at it this way, while you're sitting back and enjoying a light spirited rose or a full bodied shiraz.... without the demands of your work... how will you live your life? I think it's during "crunchtime" that we are at our best... focused, objective and even more caring. Hang in there and when the schedule gets light, we'll grab a drink!!!! :)

OO lagi naman ako kasama ... katunayan eh twice na ako nakakasama sa WEB pero major secret. :lol:  Truth be told, I have had the pleasure of sharing more than a glass of wine with such kindred spirits in the handles of Masi, Bods and PinoiStrigoi --- and I meant like in a "3 glasses, some callos, some tako, and a whole lotta laughs" kind of way. :D

Ayan hindi na ako pwedeng i-blackmail. :lol:  Sinabi ko na! hehehehehehehe.

To those who have met these three men, you will agree with me that Masi is such a gracious host and am sure he only takes after his better beautiful half Mrs. Masi.  And that Bods is such a genteel soul, very softspoken like the mild mannered Clark Kent. ;)  And si Pinoi eh ... well he's a whole different animal alltogether! :lol:

That was quite a revelation! :thumbsupsmiley: Such kind words and what a great way to start a day, much more a weekend. All I can say is THANK YOU but honestly, among friends, it's always worth my while to share a bottle and laughs.

Now, let's see how we can get an EB going for the Halloween. Well there's a call from Storm already. We'll just have to do a roll-call!

Edited by masi

syempre kailangang bumawi kasi na miss ko mag send ng bday card on her birthday kaya.....

Belated happy birthday to you...

Belated happy birthday to you...

Belate happy birthday, Belated happy birthday...

Belated happy birthday to you!!!

Hope you had a memorable one.....

http://www.my-smileys.de/smileys2/aola.gif

http://www.my-smileys.de/smileys2/singandcake.gif

http://www.my-smileys.de/smileys2/Saeufer.gif

Hey Bods, great notes!!!!  I noticed that you somehow find the right words to describe your wines in the presence of women!!!! :lol:  :lol:

hahaha no pare I usually get tongue-tied in the presence of women - nagkamali pa nga ako eh...

kaya pala pale red yung color - I was viewing the wine against the dazzling noonday sun :P

When I opened the bottle at home (pareng storm, sorry I couldn't wait hehehe) the BVE shiraz turned out to be so deep deep red - it was almost opaque. The nose remained so strong and fruity even on the next day. The wine is so distinctly rich and peppery (with mild hints daw of vanilla, though I can't find it) that I had to summon all my reserves of will to keep myself from consuming the whole bottle.

To those who have met these three men, you will agree with me that Masi is such a gracious host and am sure he only takes after his better beautiful half Mrs. Masi.  And that Bods is such a genteel soul, very softspoken like the mild mannered Clark Kent. ;)  And si Pinoi eh ... well he's a whole different animal alltogether! :lol:

para naman akong superhero ah - ang alam ko comic character lang ako :P thanks for the kind words pero di ko alam meaning ng genteel - baka Gentile ako :lol:

welcome back - I do hope we get together again soon....

Last night was a bad wine night. We had special guests, so someone brought out a 1985 Dom Perignon. The cork was wet on the outside, and the foil was discolored. Right there, it was already doomed. Since I still wanted to know what's a bad wine, we opened it. Minimal gas left in the bottle - it didn't 'pop'. It sort of 'whooshed' only. hehehe. Anyway, the cork was wet through, good thing it didn't disintegrate. There was a sour smell coming out of the bottle. Pouring it, the color was a golden yellow, still with bubbles, but minimal frothing.

Shall I continue with the taste? hehehe. Yeah, I still tried it, for experiment's sake - sour, with hints of oak. hehehe

pare, san ba ang Queensland na yan - sa Australia, o yung local Queensland na may kamera :lol:

mdyo d p m cgrdo dis wknd pro try ko (always wanted to write like that :boo: )

syempre yung queensland na car-nivorous.... yung may garaheng lumlulon ng kotse. :boo:

took me awhile to decipher your 2nd sentence akala ko ecryption :lol: yung pala post ala southern thread.

anyway, pare seems like we have a long wine weekend ahead of us!

have a good one.

Btw, I went to Wine Depot last Sunday after lunch at my fav japanese resto :) :) :) I had a blast browsing throught their selection and in doing so, I couldn't resist buying a few bottles (mura din kasi!) of Angove's Long Row Estate Bottled 2002 Shiraz and Banrock Station 2003 White Shiraz.

The White Shiraz intrigues me like Cindy Crawford :blush: Can't wait to try her, ahhh, I meant it!!! ;)

Had a chance to down a bottle of Beringer Stone Cellar Cabernet Shiraz last night. Very enjoyable indeed. Not a full-bodied wine but fruity and very light - paired it with Cambodian food (shrimp, chicken and beef) and it was excellent. :cool:

Edited by sixgears

With a Tony Bennett and K. D. Lang belting some standards in our midst, the wifey and I opened a bottle of Banrock Station 2003 White Shiraz (South Eastern Australia).

Visual was a light orange-pink just like a high end copper clad cookware. Nose was a mix of strawberry and light citrus "pomelo , with just enough flavors of apricot and hints of a peppery spice. Vibrant front end sweetness, which was almost unnatural (just like somebody added some sugar in it!), mouth with more apricot and hints of apple. Finish was sweet and albeit balanced, the front end sweetness lingered and a very slight peppery spice end, just enough.

My 9-year old daughter, who was with us, took a teeny-weeny sip and she said it was good and tasted like apple juice. My daughter had taken similar teeny-weeny sips of beer and cab sav previously, as well. :*

This was a light but pleasurable to drink wine, which would go well with a good salad or a steamed meaty fish dish. But since we didn't have that tonight, we ended up nibbling some proscuitto and crackers. Oh, before I forget, I was smoking a Don Juan Urquijo, corona sized cigar.

I invited a few friends over late in the afternoon, however, they couldn't make it due to some previous engagements. Good thing I have a few bottles of the same which I would hold for the next WEB.

If this wine revealed how my long "Undas" weekend would be, I look forward to a great holiday!!!! :thumbsupsmiley:

I am posting the winemaker's notes for reference.

RECOMMENDATION: The Banrock Station White Shiraz is the ideal accompaniment with a warm Thai salad or spicy Asian stir-fry.

WINEMAKER’S COMMENTS: Produced entirely from Shiraz grapes, gently pressed in an air bag press to prevent harsh tannins and colour from being extracted, and allowing fresh fruity flavours to dominate.

TASTING NOTES: Light rose petal in colour, the Banrock Station White Shiraz displays a fresh lifted strawberry fruit nose, with floral rose and jasmine aromas. These strawberry fruit flavours continue onto the semi-sweet palate, with a lovely zesty finish. This wine is best consumed within the next 12 months.

Have a great weekend everyone!!!