hi spurt!

Can we do this wine tasting thingie the week next? Medyo tight schedule ko up till next week...

Pinot Noir Chard? Pinot Noir is red, right, while Chard is white - just wondering what that wine is?

yup, then its bottled like a champagne, ???? well, cge let's do this wine tasting. just let me know about the sched.

hello there!

Have you tried Brumm's at Galleria? They sell mostly German and Austrian wines - you might find a Riesling there.

You have exotic tastes in wine - most people are not familiar with Tokaji, Albarino, Malbec, gigondas.........

Tell us naman more about that wine course you took in NY :P I myself would take one if given the chance to be free to go abroad........

btw, are you in the country now?

well, I work for BRUMM's if any of you need German Wines....you can contact me if ever. ;)

well...champagnes are made with pinot noir..yung mga bruts....yung blanc de blance is purely chard....anong label ng wine mo dude?

Champagne is a blend of Pinor Noir, Pinot Meunier (both red grapes) and Chardonnay (white grape) in varying proportions depending on that Champagne house's style. Yes, those labelled Blanc de Blanc are from 100% Chardonnay and lighter, more vibrant, tangier acidity than a typical champagne with nice green apple and pear notes. Brut simply means dry as champagne is produced with different degrees of sweetness.

Champagne is a blend of Pinor Noir, Pinot Meunier (both red grapes) and Chardonnay (white grape) in varying proportions depending on that Champagne house's style. Yes, those labelled Blanc de Blanc are from 100% Chardonnay and lighter, more vibrant, tangier acidity than a typical champagne with nice green apple and pear notes. Brut simply means dry as champagne is produced with different degrees of sweetness.

nice info, pare, thanks!

I never really knew the composition of Champagne, and neither did I know that it comes in several forms :P

Correct me if I'm wrong - is champagne a type or a brand of sparkling wine?

nice info, pare, thanks!

I never really knew the composition of Champagne, and neither did I know that it comes in several forms :P

Correct me if I'm wrong - is champagne a type or a brand of sparkling wine?

It's neither. Champagne is a sparkling wine produced in Champagne, a wine-growing region located in Northeast France. Any other sparkling wine produced anywhere else but the region of Champagne cannot be labelled as such. It can only be called sparkling wine or any other variation thereof (i.e. frizzante, spumante, made by methode champenois or traditionelle, etc.) Types of champagne refers to the style: vintage champagne (from a single year deemed exceptional), blanc de blancs (100% chardonnay), blanc de noirs (100% Pinot Noir), Pink or Rose, and prestige cuvees (shows the house' styles at their best).

Hi just new here, i'm into wine also if you like Austrialian wine you can join this wine club call winedirect it is in makati they hold wine tasting regularly, you can visit the website at winedirect.com.ph you can also join there wine plan. ;)

dude, are you from wine direct? i know someone from wine direct.

It's neither. Champagne is a sparkling wine produced in Champagne, a wine-growing region located in Northeast France. Any other sparkling wine produced anywhere else but the region of Champagne cannot be labelled as such. It can only be called sparkling wine or any other variation thereof (i.e. frizzante, spumante, made by methode champenois or traditionelle, etc.) Types of champagne refers to the style: vintage champagne (from a single year deemed exceptional), blanc de blancs (100% chardonnay), blanc de noirs (100% Pinot Noir), Pink or Rose, and prestige cuvees (shows the house' styles at their best).

thanks again for the info! a lot of people kasi refer to anything sparkling as champagne - there's only one Champagne lang pala hehehe. Speaking of frizzante, I remember in Italy when you order for a mineral water in a resto, you have to specify whether you want it frizzante (sparkling) or still (the Italian term of which I forgot).

Hi just new here, i'm into wine also if you like Austrialian wine you can join this wine club call winedirect it is in makati they hold wine tasting regularly, you can visit the website at winedirect.com.ph you can also join there wine plan. ;)

thanks pare....parang I've read of this winedirect club na...any requirements for being a member?