hello! which wine school did you go to in ny? i took my wine captain's certificate from the sommelier society of america and my advanced certificate from the wine and spirits education trust (hosted by the international wine center). i currently work at a restaurant in ny as an assistant wine director. it's very exciting to know that wine is gaining ground in manila. i've been thinking of opening up a wine shop in the philippines some day. maybe, you could give me some tips since you're the one who's out there. promise, i'll send a bottle of thanisch riesling spatlese, bernkasteler doctor.... ;)

it's aftergzowx who took a wine course in NY - me I'm just a poor drinker here still dreaming of being in a Wine Course anywhere :lol:

Wala yatang mga wine course dito although I still have to look around more thoroughly...It's a very interesting job you got there - btw what made you pursue that line of study and profession?

What's your time frame of being here in Manila? Maybe we can help each other out - I'm into some wine importing business, albeit smallish.

uhmmm.....can we talk about those bottles you will be sending over? :P

cheers!

freakish!

you've been missing for some time :lol:

how are your wines there:?

yeah, bods...guess was busy checking out the movie threads, heheh. anyway you get to talk with my buddy here, chocolateandport. definitely more knowledgable than me about wines and more.. :D

The wines are still untouched, just waiting for the right occassion, or the right person to drink it with :lol:

later :mtc:

it's aftergzowx who took a wine course in NY - me I'm just a poor drinker here still dreaming of being in a Wine Course anywhere :lol:

Wala yatang mga wine course dito although I still have to look around more thoroughly...It's a very interesting job you got there - btw what made you pursue that line of study and profession?

What's your time frame of being here in Manila? Maybe we can help each other out - I'm into some wine importing business, albeit smallish.

uhmmm.....can we talk about those bottles you will be sending over? :P

cheers!

not until summer 2005. so, keep on dreaming about the riesling. but, as you know it's worth the wait.

i think there might be a wine class offered at the international school for culinary arts and hotel management. if not, then it's a business niche waiting to be discovered. :-)

my first job when i moved to ny was waiting tables. although we had a very small wine list, there came a time when i couldn't get away with the usual, "is this dry? dry? of course", kind of description. after i took my initial certification, that got me hooked. the rest is history.

what's your business' inventory like? do you get them straight from the vineyards? is there a distributing company you have to go through? ny laws are extremely restrictive in that case.

yeah, bods...guess was busy checking out the movie threads, heheh. anyway you get to talk with my buddy here, chocolateandport. definitely more knowledgable than me about wines and more.. :D

The wines are still untouched, just waiting for the right occassion, or the right person to drink it with :lol:

hello, freakish!

i don't know about "more knowledgeable". i get by. it's a shabby excuse for a job, i know. but, it's awesome. it's allows me a legit excuse to start wine tasting at 12nn. :-). i spit, mind you.

not until summer 2005. so, keep on dreaming about the riesling. but, as you know it's worth the wait.

i think there might be a wine class offered at the international school for culinary arts and hotel management. if not, then it's a business niche waiting to be discovered. :-)

my first job when i moved to ny was waiting tables. although we had a very small wine list, there came a time when i couldn't get away with the usual, "is this dry? dry? of course", kind of description. after i took my initial certification, that got me hooked. the rest is history.

what's your business' inventory like? do you get them straight from the vineyards? is there a distributing company you have to go through? ny laws are extremely restrictive in that case.

Summer 2005 is not that far-off, you know, and what's more - new vintage na naman :P

Ok I gotta check out that International School you talk of. Thanks!

It kinda gets easy to get hooked on wine and its peripherals - ako nga nag-umpisa lang sa painom-inom then I got curious and began reading wine lit until I thought of going into some wine business. Of course it's better in your case where you get paid for doing something you find enjoyable. :P

My inventory is small because my importations are not huge - I only get from one winery in the so-called New World. I am my own distributor and I sell direct to some retail outlets and eating establishments. It's just a small business - parang libangan nga lang eh :lol:

Yeah I read medyo restrictive ang mga distribution laws dyan...is that the reason why there are no New York area wines here? Are NY wines not allowed to cross state lines?

what movie threads are those? mapuntahan nga :lol:

About your pal chocoandport - medyo intimidated nga ako dahil hindi ako pwedeng magkunwari dito - mas madami syang alam :lol: Help me naman!

Even ordinary wines will taste exquisite when you drink it with the right person :)

what movie threads are those? mapuntahan nga :lol:

About your pal chocoandport - medyo intimidated nga ako dahil hindi ako pwedeng magkunwari dito - mas madami syang alam :lol: Help me naman!

Even ordinary wines will taste exquisite when you drink it with the right person :)

tanungin mo na lahat tatanong mo, hehehe, samantalahin mo habang di ka pa sinisingil, biro mo ngayon palang bibigyan ka na ng riesling?

kinda busy though, i'm trying to organize this fashion show event of my friend and we're kind of running out of time (no, there's no wine here, just coffee and tea)...tapos eto pang MTC, nagpapabaya na ata ako. :lol:

ok OT na ako..i'll visit again sometime.

tanungin mo na lahat tatanong mo, hehehe, samantalahin mo habang di ka pa sinisingil, biro mo ngayon palang bibigyan ka na ng riesling?

kinda busy though, i'm trying to organize this fashion show event of my friend and we're kind of running out of time (no, there's no wine here, just coffee and tea)...tapos eto pang MTC, nagpapabaya na ata ako. :lol:

ok OT na ako..i'll visit again sometime.

sisingilin lang ako nun pag kumain ako sa NY resto nila - which is so far-fetched :lol:

wow big-time ka pala dyan! Good luck sa activities mo ok and do celebrate with wine when you're through with it...

di ka OT - may napasok namang word na wine sa post mo eh :lol:

sisingilin lang ako nun pag kumain ako sa NY resto nila - which is so far-fetched :lol:

wow big-time ka pala dyan! Good luck sa activities mo ok and do celebrate with wine when you're through with it...

di ka OT - may napasok namang word na wine sa post mo eh :lol:

Di naman po big time, small time pa lang ho..hopefully in the future. We are launching a european-designed bags and accessories here called Lancaster Paris, my friend is the first distributor here in Canada. So we are organizing this fashion show and product exhibit...seguro plug ko sa ads forum yung website :D

Anyway here's another recipe, enjoy!!

WARM POTATO SALAD WITH GAMAY VINAIGRETTE

Yield: 4 portions

1 ½ lb. Baking Potatoes

Salt, to taste

½ cup Gamay Noir

¼ cup extra virgin olive oil

1/3 cup finely chopped onion

3 tbsp. fresh orange juice

1 ½ tsp red wine vinegar

1 tsp drained capers

½ tsp Dijon mustard

½ tsp finely chopped basil

Freshly ground pepper, to taste

In a medium saucepan, cover the potatoes with cold water and bring to a boil. Add salt and simmer over moderately low heat until just tender, about 30 minutes. In a small saucepan, boil the Gamay Noir over high heat until reduced to 2 tbsp, about seven minutes. Transfer to a medium heat-proof bowl and let cool. Whisk in the remaining ingredients. Drain the potatoes and let cool slightly; peel while still warm and slice crosswise ¼ inch thick. Put the potatoes in a large bowl and toss with 2/3 cup of the vinaigrette. Season with salt and pepper and serve warm or at room temperature. Serve with grilled Italian or German sausages.

Di naman po big time, small time pa lang ho..hopefully in the future. We are launching a european-designed bags and accessories here called Lancaster Paris, my friend is the first distributor here in Canada. So we are organizing this fashion show and product exhibit...seguro plug ko sa ads forum yung website :D

Anyway here's another recipe, enjoy!!

WARM POTATO SALAD WITH GAMAY VINAIGRETTE

Yield: 4 portions

1 ½ lb. Baking Potatoes

Salt, to taste

½ cup Gamay Noir

¼ cup extra virgin olive oil

1/3 cup finely chopped onion

3 tbsp. fresh orange juice

1 ½ tsp red wine vinegar

1 tsp drained capers

½ tsp Dijon mustard

½ tsp finely chopped basil

Freshly ground pepper, to taste

In a medium saucepan, cover the potatoes with cold water and bring to a boil. Add salt and simmer over moderately low heat until just tender, about 30 minutes. In a small saucepan, boil the Gamay Noir over high heat until reduced to 2 tbsp, about seven minutes. Transfer to a medium heat-proof bowl and let cool. Whisk in the remaining ingredients. Drain the potatoes and let cool slightly; peel while still warm and slice crosswise ¼ inch thick. Put the potatoes in a large bowl and toss with 2/3 cup of the vinaigrette. Season with salt and pepper and serve warm or at room temperature. Serve with grilled Italian or German sausages.

wow ginutom ako sa recipe mo - that reminds me hindi pa pala ako breakfast :lol:

I'm not familiar with that Gamay Noir in your recipe - I'll look it up...

Well that sounds like a good business of yours, and I hope you really come up with a superb launching event for those bags and accesories...I would have wanted here to organize a wine-tasting event for my wines but I'm always short of resources and plans :P

Anyways, have a blessed Sunday!

wow ginutom ako sa recipe mo - that reminds me hindi pa pala ako breakfast :lol:

I'm not familiar with that Gamay Noir in your recipe - I'll look it up...

Well that sounds like a good business of yours, and I hope you really come up with a superb launching event for those bags and accesories...I would have wanted here to organize a wine-tasting event for my wines but I'm always short of resources and plans :P

Anyways, have a blessed Sunday!

I think Gamay is a variety/type of grape kinda blackish, and it originated in France.

Just found that recipe the other day, I might try making it coz I have here an Inniskillin Gamay Noir, unopened and i'm curious if it's good :D it's just a gift.

I did try making a spaghetti sauce with Merlot in it, grabe sarap pala!! Basta di lang sobra dami, tsamba-tsamba lang lagay ko. Try it, lalo na pag madami ground beef and mushroom. Pasado sa aking bossing, heheheh.

Amaretto Disaronno is a cordial with an almond-like flavor made from kernel of apricot pits. Just like any other liqueur, it's made from a nuetral spirit- either brandy, rum or whisky infused with flavouring ingredients. It's originally from Saronno, Italy but, now other distillers produce their own amaretto liqueur. Typically, it's served as a digestif to soothe the stomach after a meal. Personally, I also enjoy it very much with chocolate.

Sanamagan! I've been drinking amaretto for the last 10+ years and have always taken it for granted that it's the cherries that account for the somewhat cough syrup like flavor. I learn something new everyday . . . :lol:

hello! :)

how are your chards down there?

Feijoa looks interesting - kung minsan kasi some producers make plum or cherry brandies or wines - could be the same. Basta may halong alcohol pwede na siguro :lol:

Have a nice day, nz!

Have a nice day too! My sister found other distributors

and are contacting them :)

good luck na lang sa kanya!

I went to the wine shop tapos hinanapan ako id.. eh kasi nga

im still a minor.. galit na galit ung mama eh ndi naman ako

bumili! weird nia talaga.

I think Gamay is a variety/type of grape kinda blackish, and it originated in France.

Just found that recipe the other day, I might try making it coz I have here an Inniskillin Gamay Noir, unopened and i'm curious if it's good :D it's just a gift.

I did try making a spaghetti sauce with Merlot in it, grabe sarap pala!! Basta di lang sobra dami, tsamba-tsamba lang lagay ko. Try it, lalo na pag madami ground beef and mushroom. Pasado sa aking bossing, heheheh.

ginugutom naman ako sa mga post mo!

I never imagined you can use a merlot in a spaghetti sauce - that sounds good - so where's the recipe for that - yung sauce lang ha :P

So did you try that Iniskillin yet with that menu of yours? Don't use pag bagong bukas - sayang yung wine - just leave what you need and drink the rest :P

A happy day to you!

Bods

regarding Indian wines,I recently had lunch in Kashmir and asked an Indian fellow about them.His exact words"I would rather drink horse piss" :sick: Pass ako sa Indian wines muna,How about offering it to MisB and the Jologs :lol:

magagalit na sa atin yung mga yun! :P

Well I don't know - yung mga wines nila siguro ngayon - they taste like yak's piss pero as the news item said baka may mga bago silang technology or winemaking skills sa mga next vintages nila - if they adhere to vintages, that is :lol:

Have a nice day too! My sister found other distributors

and are contacting them :)

good luck na lang sa kanya!

I went to the wine shop tapos hinanapan ako id.. eh kasi nga

im still a minor.. galit na galit ung mama eh ndi naman ako

bumili! weird nia talaga.

I told you, di ba? Stay away from the liquor muna - in the privacy of your home pwede siguro :P

Well yes - good luck to your sister. Keep me updated on the progress of their distributorship ventures, ok? Curious pa din ako what will happen!

Have a nice day! :)

Hi bods, hello peeps... wine savvies, huh? i'll be there in a couple of days..... let's do this wine tasting, hehehe.

I've seen this nicely packed Pinot Noir Chard, looks more like a champagne, but its so expensive, anong lasa kaya nun?

hi spurt!

Can we do this wine tasting thingie the week next? Medyo tight schedule ko up till next week...

Pinot Noir Chard? Pinot Noir is red, right, while Chard is white - just wondering what that wine is?