Guest the_eight_of_orbs

:lol: Dear MASI's wifey, your husband was alone as in alone that night. promise. :)

i was that girl seated near the other side of the door, reading a magazine, who left the shop with my gigantic bf :lol:

hope to see you there again soon with the rest of the winos here. ;)

it's good that you mentioned "seated alone near the door?" :hypocritesmiley: since my wife would be reading this!!!!  :lol:

i was seated  facing  the bar where  a couple was enjoying a sauv blanc    there was another couple who was on the couch.  you could have been one or the other or the couple which met there, then left.  and i observe everything that goes on all around me :) !

i wasn't much good conversation that evening though.  too much to handle during the week so i decided to unwind, but there weren't much of a choice between the chardy and the merlot.

now, if there was whiskey, which a... said he was working on,  hmmm, i can't wait for that day.

B)

as for lipstick, well, i got an sms from her quite recently, but she seems to be VERY BUSY!!!!!

pare that's still a good rule of thumb!

remember when we had a bottle of wine each? Also that time when we started out with Glenfiddich, then had wine?  Next time pare we try to add vodka to the mix - wala daw hangover ito eh :P

we should do that again pare!!! both the 1 bottle each and the single malts!!!!

there was a time someone gave me a bottle of rum. we finished the bottle without a tinge of hangover. it must be drinking it straight up without ice or any mix.

we should try putting a bottle of stolich vodka in the freezer and some salted herring. who knows we'll be dancing the mazurka after! :boo: :lol:

:lol:  Dear MASI's wifey,  your husband was alone as in alone that night. promise. :)

i was that girl seated near the other side of the door, reading a magazine, who left the shop with my gigantic bf :lol:

hope to see you there again soon with the rest of the winos here. ;)

now, you didn't have to do that! :blush:

Edited by masi

As a rule I go for this saying: "Beer over whisky, very risky. Whisky over beer, never fear".

When you're in a party and expect to have a mix of liqour, go for the lowest form 1st, which is beer. Then go up to wine then rhum then whiskey and finally, single malts, gin and vodka in their pure forms...

Any form of spirit mixed with a fruit is a guarantee for a hangover... With wine, it depends on the amount of sulfites in the batch... I've had the generic table wines from the tavernas and osterias in northern Italy with nary a hangover but the California wines give me a migraine like headache...

Malbec is a very good grape varietal... Too bad there's not much choices in Manila... I've had the opportunity to go to a wine tasting tour in the Mendoza region of Argentina where Malbec's being grown and they are very good, especially if you pair it with a nice large serving of filet mignon prepared by the gauchos...

Willemette Valley Pinot Noir of any brand is very good, especially 2003...

we should do that again pare!!!  both the 1 bottle each and the single malts!!!!

there was a time someone gave me a bottle of rum.  we finished the bottle without a tinge of hangover.  it must be drinking it straight up without ice or any mix.

we should try putting a bottle of stolich vodka in the freezer and some salted herring. who knows we'll be dancing the mazurka after! :boo:  :lol:

Hi Guys!

Re: drunkeness and hangover, I think it depends on how fast you drink up, how much you can absorb, and what you ate before drinking. And also how cold it is (the weather and the drink).

Went to a party the other day, and someone handed me a double Johnny Black. Eventhough I was still on meds, I couldn't refuse! Still smooth, strong oak tones, great finish - same JB! Of course, I'm back to being sick again. :grr: hehehe

Hi Guys!

Re: drunkeness and hangover, I think it depends on how fast you drink up, how much you can absorb, and what you ate before drinking.  And also how cold it is (the weather and the drink).

Went to a party the other day, and someone handed me a double Johnny Black.  Eventhough I was still on meds, I couldn't refuse!  Still smooth, strong oak tones, great finish - same JB!  Of course, I'm back to being sick again.  :grr:  hehehe

some things are just hard to resist!!! :)

get well so we can have that web soon!!!

As a rule I go for this saying: "Beer over whisky, very risky. Whisky over beer, never fear".

When you're in a party and expect to have a mix of liqour, go for the lowest form 1st, which is beer. Then go up to wine then rhum then whiskey and finally, single malts, gin and vodka in their pure forms...

Any form of spirit mixed with a fruit is a guarantee for a hangover... With wine, it depends on the amount of sulfites in the batch... I've had the generic table wines from the tavernas and osterias in northern Italy with nary a hangover but the California wines give me a migraine like headache...

Malbec is a very good grape varietal... Too bad there's not much choices in Manila... I've had the opportunity to go to a wine tasting tour in the Mendoza region of Argentina where Malbec's being grown and they are very good, especially if you pair it with a nice large serving of filet mignon prepared by the gauchos...

you're right, okidoc! i'm fully aware of that saying but when you're drunk and having so much fun, it get all too confusing, so what the heck, handle the hang over when it's there. gives me more reason to drink.... :boo:

i'd better join the AA club, the real one and not the one on this Board! :lol:

Edited by masi
we should do that again pare!!!  both the 1 bottle each and the single malts!!!!

there was a time someone gave me a bottle of rum.  we finished the bottle without a tinge of hangover.  it must be drinking it straight up without ice or any mix.

we should try putting a bottle of stolich vodka in the freezer and some salted herring. who knows we'll be dancing the mazurka after! :boo:  :lol:

now that's a great thought, pare - I would want my tastebuds to frolic on vodka for a change - the salted herring sounds interesting pare hehehe...say when! :P

Edited by bods1000

In my experience, I always start out with higher alcohol liquors then go down to the lesser ones, like say, brandy first then beer, or scotch then wine, but that's just me :P Whatever works, as long as you can still go to work the next day :D

yes I admit we have a limited choice of malbecs here. What are the best Argentine malbecs in your opinion, pare, or at least the ones you've tasted.....malay mo mapunta kami dyan sa mga pampas and ride tandem with the gauchos :P

ok so there seems to be a consensus on the 2003 Willamette Valley pinot noirs - makahanap nga :P

Hi Guys!

Re: drunkeness and hangover, I think it depends on how fast you drink up, how much you can absorb, and what you ate before drinking.  And also how cold it is (the weather and the drink).

Went to a party the other day, and someone handed me a double Johnny Black.  Eventhough I was still on meds, I couldn't refuse!  Still smooth, strong oak tones, great finish - same JB!  Of course, I'm back to being sick again.  :grr:  hehehe

pare I hope you get well soon!

there's something about high-alcohol liquors.....when we were in Quezon for some reunion, more than 50% of those who partook of the catered food came down with all sorts of fevers, abdominal pains, headaches and all those wretched symptoms of food gone bad. What we noticed was that those of us (including me of course, hehehe) who immediately went on a drinking spree of several bottles of brandy right after the meal came out unscathed :cool:

cheers for liquor! :cool:

pare I hope you get well soon!

there's something about high-alcohol liquors.....when we were in Quezon for some reunion, more than 50% of those who partook of the catered food came down with all sorts of fevers, abdominal pains, headaches and all those wretched symptoms of food gone bad. What we noticed was that those of us (including me of course, hehehe) who immediately went on a drinking spree of several bottles of brandy right after the meal came out unscathed :cool:

cheers for liquor! :cool:

perhaps with all that alcohol you consumed, those micro-organisms neutralized and disinfected!!! :lol:

ano ininum mo, green cross na pang-pamilya! :lol: :lol: :lol:

kidding aside, when i'm not feeling well, i take 2 to 3 shots of brandy/rum and smoke a cigar. get 'em drunk and smoke 'em! :wacko:

Edited by masi

i met up with storm and mrs. storm, lipstick and 8 of orbs at cyrano's tonight. what was intended to be an early evening, "start the weekend right, after a hard week" impromptu eb turnedout out to be an evening bash with lawyers, agencia people, an artist and a real estate wannabe trying to release off some steam. :blink:

i picked the Concha y Toro Casillero del Diablo 2004 Pinot Noir. Light to medium purple color with a "flirty" bouquet just what you would expect from a Pinot Noir. Pinot Noir, in lawyer parlance, is "allegedly" the most difficut grape vine to grow. This is marked by the varietals rich and vibrant but mysterious nose, and a delicate body which teases each and every portion of the palate and a tantalizing finish which could only be described as a rich but alluring, thin but long. To put the right notes to a pinot would be like breaking "Da Vinci's Code". From visual to finish, you would have to scan through the entire pages of Webster's just to come with the right description.

After a few glasses, we teased the structure of the Pinot Noir with a seafood ravioli with a tomato-basil sauce. The Pinot revealed a different character, one which wa pretty fruity and a "honey" consistency finish.

Lipstick ordered a bottle of an Argentinian Malbe :thumbsupsmiley: c. The label just skips me (must be my age). I'll leave this space for her notes.

All in all, this tough week was made worthwhile having friends around.

I'll be coming home late March and will be in the Metro for about 10 weeks...

Where do you guys hang out?? Maybe we can hook up when I'm home...

as your handle says, okidok, pare!

we're just a PM away - hope to see a fellow enthusiast of the vine!

pareng masi, too bad I missed the EB - if I'm not mistaken, that's the first EB that I missed, not counting the very first one where everyone missed the EB :P remember that hehehe.....

nice to hear you guys had a lot of fun!

I think I better keep a bottle of brandy at home, in case of emergencies of a "medical" nature, as per the authoritative testimonial of Dr. Masi :D

hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!

as your handle says, okidok, pare!

we're just a PM away - hope to see a fellow enthusiast of the vine!

pareng masi, too bad I missed the EB - if I'm not mistaken, that's the first EB that I missed, not counting the very first one where everyone missed the EB :P  remember that hehehe.....

nice to hear you guys had a lot of fun!

I think I better keep a bottle of brandy at home, in case of emergencies of a "medical" nature, as per the authoritative testimonial of Dr. Masi :D

hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!

rum, whiskey, brandy anything that's pure and clean, straight up and nothing in between. :hypocritesmiley:

Edited by masi
rum, whiskey, brandy anything that's pure and clean, straight up and nothing in between. :hypocritesmiley:

....an exception would be a cigar between your lips - I'm sure you'd agree with me on that :P

Howdy folks - there's a lot of new Aussie wines at Wine Depot - though they're a bit on the hefty side - pricewise....Watershed, Fernwood, Leaping Lizard, etc. Nakakapaglaway lang sa katitingin hehehe

can't sleep.

drinking a 2003 chilean cabernet sauvignon with skyflakes and cheez whiz sprinkled with dried chili flakes.

go figure.

I love dry chili flakes!

I can't sleep if I miss my nightly wine :P

Current fave is crostini with garlic-chili pesto together with the usual Aussie red....

g'day!

makadaan nga sa wine depot this weekend para makapaglaway din heheh

welcome back, pare!

tell us later about your wine-hunting trip at WD :P

I plan to go there later next week with enough guts to buy some new wines. Medyo may kamahalan lang talaga for everyday drinking. Will try the Knappstein first or the Leasinghams...

The Fernwood (I hope I got it right) intrigues me because it comes from the Frankland River region - you don't see many wines from that region available here - and it says the Frankland has the coolest region in all of Australia - constantly cooled by the Southern Ocean breezes. It reportedly has a climate similar to the Rhone Valley of France...

let me greet you all here an advance happy valentine's day (wether you celebrate it or not :P )

2 simple cocktails to enjoy a romantic evening at home with your beloveds :) ..setting the mood :evil:

REMY RED SWEETHEART MARTINI

2 oz Remy Red Strawberry Kiwi

4 oz lemonade in a shaker over ice

Pour ingredients into a chilled martini glass

Tequila Rose Cream Liqour

The Pink Russian

1 oz Tequila Rose

¾ oz Polar Ice Vodka

¼ oz Crème de Cacao

1 oz Half and Half cream

Serve in a rocks glass and garnish with a fresh strawberry

have a good one :wub: