agxo,

I have been seeing some Spanish organic wines here. What's your take on organic wines? It doesn't even have a vintage.

I see very little difference in taste and body between "organic" and other wines. It's all in the winemaker, I guess. "Organic" appeals to me more frogman environmentally responsible viewpoint than for quality of wine.

Non-vintage wines are not necessarily bad (or more accurately, not good). Most champagnes are non-vintage, meaning they are blended from different vintages to consistently achieve a specific taste, body, aroma and color profile. Same with ports. And some very good red blends from around here are non-vintage. Give it a try! It just might surprise you.

Pwede bang mag post.... Justine Isosceles 2009, Paso Robles. I'm not really much into "Bordeaux" style CA wines but there seems to be a leaning towards blends. I go for the subtle complexity of fully bodied/flavored CA varietals.

Then you'll love the Rubicon wines from Inglenook. Bordeaux blends, and the style is trending more towards the French and away from the big, powerful CA style. Come on over and I'll pop open a bottle or two!

I've had the Isoceles wines - a 2007 - and I enjoyed it a lot. I tend towards siNgle varietals, but some of the blends I now see on the market are really quite interesting.

The name of that Vincent Arroyo says it all - Rattlesnake. Sounds good and yes, powerful. Too bad it won't be seen in these shores.

Nice to know Inglenook is back. Those Niebaums you have are now collector's items, I would guess. Sayang din yung Retzlaff. I hope the quality does not go down.

Take care there pare. I know the superstorm is far from your place. It's sunny here but getting cold. Perfect for the Lindemann's we had at an outdoor party we had last night.

Thanks, Bods. No time to visit Manila right now. New job and all that. Masi knows what I'm up to. Great weather here for now......

Only time will tell wit Retzlaff but the early indicators are not encouraging. A much more business-forward approach and much less personal. Long time manager Connie couldn't stand the new regime and quit and her sidekick Diane is considering leaving as well.

Thanks, Bods. No time to visit Manila right now. New job and all that. Masi knows what I'm up to. Great weather here for now......

Only time will tell wit Retzlaff but the early indicators are not encouraging. A much more business-forward approach and much less personal. Long time manager Connie couldn't stand the new regime and quit and her sidekick Diane is considering leaving as well.

We'll be waiting for you Agxo! Anytime you can hop across the pond we'll always have a wine get together. All the best to you in your new endeavor. Maybe we can do business together with my LA based principals. He's a wino too! Bods, why don't you Storm, I and a few others have a wine meeting soon?

We'll be waiting for you Agxo! Anytime you can hop across the pond we'll always have a wine get together. All the best to you in your new endeavor. Maybe we can do business together with my LA based principals. He's a wino too! Bods, why don't you Storm, I and a few others have a wine meeting soon?

A wine meeting?

That's the best pre-Christmas idea I've come across.

I'll get in touch with storm.

Sarap! Hehe

I see very little difference in taste and body between "organic" and other wines. It's all in the winemaker, I guess. "Organic" appeals to me more frogman environmentally responsible viewpoint than for quality of wine.

Non-vintage wines are not necessarily bad (or more accurately, not good). Most champagnes are non-vintage, meaning they are blended from different vintages to consistently achieve a specific taste, body, aroma and color profile. Same with ports. And some very good red blends from around here are non-vintage. Give it a try! It just might surprise you.

Good timing. I'm out of wine now and I might just go for that organic wine I've been keeping my eye on. Thanks agxo.

Hi Bods,

Around Php 300-400 a bottle. You may also know of 'acceptable' ones at sub-Php 300.

I see half-bottles (375 ml and corked) of Montes in some other places at less than Php 300 a bottle. This is fine. But I've never seen half-bottles here.

TYVM

You can try Lindemann's Cawarra Shiraz Cabernet, or Dona Paula Los Cardos, or Two Oceans. Medyo limited lang ang choices.

Bods, what have you been drinking lately? I haven't visited Wine Depot for quite some time and I haven't the faintest clue of what's moving and what's not.

I've had a few CA Chardonnays which were creamy and I fell for them! I'm not much of white wine drinker except Marlborough Sauvignon Blancs which are a must have!

A retired Swiss-American friend introduced me to Fendant together with raclettes and fondue. It's a great way to share stories and laughter!

Overall, I float between CA Pinots and Cabs.

Maybe it's right to have a get together.

Bods, what have you been drinking lately? I haven't visited Wine Depot for quite some time and I haven't the faintest clue of what's moving and what's not.

I've had a few CA Chardonnays which were creamy and I fell for them! I'm not much of white wine drinker except Marlborough Sauvignon Blancs which are a must have!

A retired Swiss-American friend introduced me to Fendant together with raclettes and fondue. It's a great way to share stories and laughter!

Overall, I float between CA Pinots and Cabs.

Maybe it's right to have a get together.

Haven't been there either. I thinks it's right about this time that they're holding their annual sale. No exceptional wines for me, so I guess I'll have to visit the place to get me some nice holiday treats.

It's the usual wine for me every night but I had a shot of Bombay Dry Gin the other night, a bottle of which I bought in Dubai thinking it was a lot cheaper there haha.

Mostly been trying out beers on a recent trip. I can recall a Dutch Oranjeboom 8.5% alcohol - not earthshaking as the alcohol content suggested. Also a Pelforth Brune dark beer in a cute snub bottle which tasted creamy and full. In a pathetic one-pub crawl in a Madrid jamon store, had a draft Amstel with a sandwich.

Your call on the day and place of that get-together. I will relay to storm. Cheers!

Haven't been there either. I thinks it's right about this time that they're holding their annual sale. No exceptional wines for me, so I guess I'll have to visit the place to get me some nice holiday treats.

It's the usual wine for me every night but I had a shot of Bombay Dry Gin the other night, a bottle of which I bought in Dubai thinking it was a lot cheaper there haha.

Mostly been trying out beers on a recent trip. I can recall a Dutch Oranjeboom 8.5% alcohol - not earthshaking as the alcohol content suggested. Also a Pelforth Brune dark beer in a cute snub bottle which tasted creamy and full. In a pathetic one-pub crawl in a Madrid jamon store, had a draft Amstel with a sandwich.

Your call on the day and place of that get-together. I will relay to storm. Cheers!

Now speaking of beers, I was in Los Angeles early this year and a friend of mine took me drinking. I ordered an ARROGANT BASTARD ALE. My friend said that the beer was specifically made for ME!!!

At the Distillery in Libis they serve Stella Artois draught! Another option is BOTTOMLESS MARGARITAS @ Agave!

Of course, only after a bottle of wine!

Am good on most weeknights. Weekends are all covered.

Edited by masi

Now speaking of beers, I was in Los Angeles early this year and a friend of mine took me drinking. I ordered an ARROGANT BASTARD ALE. My friend said that the beer was specifically made for ME!!!

At the Distillery in Libis they serve Stella Artois draught! Another option is BOTTOMLESS MARGARITAS @ Agave!

Of course, only after a bottle of wine!

Am good on most weeknights. Weekends are all covered.

Am good on Tuesdays or Wednesdays.

That ARROGANT BASTARD ale is a good choice. If you had picked ROGUE'S DEAD GUY ale, I shudder to think what your friend would have quipped.

Yes, and talking of beers we can hold a beer night hehe. Leffe, Hoegaarden, Samuel Adams, Amstel, Stella, Boag's, etc. are all available here.

Am good on Tuesdays or Wednesdays.

That ARROGANT BASTARD ale is a good choice. If you had picked ROGUE'S DEAD GUY ale, I shudder to think what your friend would have quipped.

Yes, and talking of beers we can hold a beer night hehe. Leffe, Hoegaarden, Samuel Adams, Amstel, Stella, Boag's, etc. are all available here.

Tuesdays and Wednesdays are good for me too. I'm ready when you are, my friend!

Let's start with a beer night and discuss good wines. Then we discuss a wine night hopefully before the bearded man in a red jumpsuit comes down the chimney.

Tuesdays and Wednesdays are good for me too. I'm ready when you are, my friend!

Let's start with a beer night and discuss good wines. Then we discuss a wine night hopefully before the bearded man in a red jumpsuit comes down the chimney.

You still got the same number, pre? Mine's still the same. Tuesday or Wedn next week is ok with me.

I'm really not sure. I sent you a message anyway. See you soon my friend!

Copy!

When we were in the French capital, our tour guide mentioned something about hot wine, which they have during winter. Wine sprinkled with cinnamon. I'm really not sure what it is, but it was told to us by an Englishwoman who married a Frenchman, who in her own words said that she came for the man but stayed for the food. Lol!