heya bods :)

i'm alright. busy busy busy. been wanting to try wine depot in ortigas though. do they have a good selection? i'm sure you'd know. it's near my other workplace now kasi.

sige na, set up and eb. kahit 3 or 4 or 5 lang. i like smaller groups anyway. besides, my social life needs a revamping.

how are you?

heya bods :)

i'm alright. busy busy busy. been wanting to try wine depot in ortigas though. do they have a good selection? i'm sure you'd know. it's near my other workplace now kasi.

sige na, set up and eb. kahit 3 or 4 or 5 lang. i like smaller groups anyway. besides, my social life needs a revamping.

how are you?

I'm fine po, thank you :)

Wine Depot is just a fraction of the place in Makati - although they carry the same selections, albeit fewer bottles pero nandun din lahat, so I guess it's ok...dun na ko palagi bumibili eh...

Do you think we could bump into each other there? :P

Ok sige I'll set up one - pero walang sisihan ha - pag tayong dalawa lang ang dumating, tuloy pa din tayo :P

Have a nice day!

You don't have to revamp your social life siguro - just be at peace with yourself :)

Any of the Rosemount Diamond Label series is consistantly good. I know you can purchase at the Shiraz at the Westin Plaza Manila.

Also the Wolf Blass Red and Yellow Labels. Both blends, with the yellow being more expensive and smoother.

Rawsons Retreat is the bottom of the scale Red from Penfolds. Very average in my opinion and worth paying a few dollars (peso's) more for one of the above.

My personal favorites are the Wynn's Range. The shiraz is always well sort after but the Cab Sav's, although expensive really rock your socks. Great with a roast meats.

Just for interest. The 2000 Grange has just been released for $500 Aust a bottle from a particularly low vintage. Already bottles have sold for $880 on Ebay.

One hopes my friend has kept mine for me. :cry:

LB

I'm fine po, thank you :)

Wine Depot is just a fraction of the place in Makati - although they carry the same selections, albeit fewer bottles pero nandun din lahat, so I guess it's ok...dun na ko palagi bumibili eh...

Do you think we could bump into each other there? :P

Ok sige I'll set up one - pero walang sisihan ha - pag tayong dalawa lang ang dumating, tuloy pa din tayo :P

Have a nice day!

You don't have to revamp your social life siguro - just be at peace with yourself :)

sige. set it up! i promise i'll show up. :)

hahaha. i'm at peace with myself, mr. bods. no worries. it's just that sometimes i get tired of seeing the same people over and over again. i love my friends but i like variety. after all, it's the spice of life. ;)

sige. set it up! i promise i'll show up. :)

hahaha. i'm at peace with myself, mr. bods. no worries. it's just that sometimes i get tired of seeing the same people over and over again. i love my friends but i like variety. after all, it's the spice of life. ;)

ok I'll check my schedule first to see kelan ako pwede but it's most likely next week...

could you suggest any place - I don't go out that much...I'll check out the place first :)

Hi all! Been off for a while. Lots of stuff happening in the real world, not enough time........

Bods - what's your latest find? I got my shipment of wine from the Neibaum-Coppola wine club yesterday. In the newletter they talked about an Aussie-style shiraz called RC (expensive! $56/btl at retail!!) but they didn't send me any! :( This of course means I have to go visit the winery and taste it for myself. :P

They added a new benefit - a Members Only Tasing Experience. You identify yourself as a member and they whisk you off to a private room where they taste library and premium wines and they have people who are really knowledgable talking about the wines. Since it's members only, you supposedly don't have the crowds to deal with. Now I REALLY have to go! I wonder if I can bring a guest?

They sent me a rose of pinot noir - label says Sofia. A light wine, best served chilled, great for the summer barbeque season. Light, fruity (loads of raspberries and strawberries, some melon and peach), light tannins. Had it with a spit-roasted chicken and salad with a raspberry vinagrette for dinner last night. Nice.......

The have another wine labeled Sofia - it's their bubbly also made with pinot noir, I think.

I opened my 1995 Piper Heidsieck and 2001 Coppola Diamond Series (I received this as a gift from a friend) in celebration of my Mom in law's 88th birthday.

The Heidsieck was a smooth bubbly with a bite (dry). I am not much of a white wine person but if its a bubbly, I cannot refuse.

The Coppola had a rich young vibrant opening but like much Merlot, it tends to get light towards the end.

After all was said and done, celebrating 88 years of life is worth it!

Hi all! Been off for a while. Lots of stuff happening in the real world, not enough time........

Bods - what's your latest find? I got my shipment of wine from the Neibaum-Coppola wine club yesterday. In the newletter they talked about an Aussie-style shiraz called RC (expensive! $56/btl at retail!!) but they didn't send me any!  :( This of course means I have to go visit the winery and taste it for myself.  :P

They added a new benefit - a Members Only Tasing Experience. You identify yourself as a member and they whisk you off to a private room where they taste library and premium wines and they have people who are really knowledgable talking about the wines. Since it's members only, you supposedly don't have the crowds to deal with. Now I REALLY have to go! I wonder if I can bring a guest?

They sent me a rose of pinot noir - label says Sofia. A light wine, best served chilled, great for the summer barbeque season. Light, fruity (loads of raspberries and strawberries, some melon and peach), light tannins. Had it with a spit-roasted chicken and salad with a raspberry vinagrette for dinner last night. Nice.......

The have another wine labeled Sofia - it's their bubbly also made with pinot noir, I think.

i let my niebaum coppola membership lapse. i wonder if their setup will be like it is over at v. sattui?

i'm on my way to st helena tomorrow to visit my daughter who lives there. i'll drop by coppola on the way.

have a good weekend

ok I'll check my schedule first to see kelan ako pwede but it's most likely next week...

could you suggest any place - I don't go out that much...I'll check out the place first :)

hmmm. let me think about this for a sec. haven't really been out OUT either. kinda been frequenting the same places so i don't know what's new.

will get back to you on this.

wow. masi's and agxo's talk is making me want a glass of wine right now.

Bods - what's your latest find? I got my shipment of wine from the Neibaum-Coppola wine club yesterday. In the newletter they talked about an Aussie-style shiraz called RC (expensive! $56/btl at retail!!) but they didn't send me any!  :( This of course means I have to go visit the winery and taste it for myself.  :P

pare you'r back! :P

For a while there I thought it was the cheap Sofia they sell here - if it's from Niebaum-Coppola it must have been named after Sofia Coppola, Francis' daughter, and a renowned director herself (think LOST IN TRANSLATION - one of my fave movies of late).

So, you've been busy, pare ha...I know you've been traipsing points on the globe again - welcome back!

Haven't really tried out anything new here - choices are limited - the new ones I see and which I wanna try I would have to pay through the nose for...

I wonder why they call it an Aussie-style shiraz - I know it's called syrah in the States - but how do you really differentiate an Aussie shiraz from a California syrah ....

I opened my 1995 Piper Heidsieck and 2001 Coppola Diamond Series (I received this as a gift from a friend) in celebration of my Mom in law's 88th birthday.

The Heidsieck was a smooth bubbly with a bite (dry).  I am not much of a white wine person but if its a bubbly, I cannot refuse.

The Coppola had a rich young vibrant opening but like much Merlot, it tends to get light  towards the end.

After all was said and done,  celebrating 88 years of life is worth it!

buhay uli ang thread!

agxo and masi are back!

Well good for you pare - nakatikim ka na din ng Coppola and I wish more blessings to the golden years of your mother-in-law :)

hmmm. let me think about this for a sec. haven't really been out OUT either. kinda been frequenting the same places so i don't know what's new.

will get back to you on this.

wow. masi's and agxo's talk is making me want a glass of wine right now.

me too....haven't had a drop because I've not been feeling well lately...

well, let our sense of adventure take precedence over anything else...let's try a new place - as long as they have wine :)

welcome eagleyes! i love the bay area btw. and napa's beautiful. my mom wants to retire there and grow grapes. :lol: and i asked her if she would settle for tagaytay since i can't even begin to imagine the amount of money it'll take to buy and maintain a vineyard.

anyhoo. share more wine stories. let me live vicariously through you.

me too....haven't had a drop because I've not been feeling well lately...

well, let our sense of adventure take precedence over anything else...let's try a new place - as long as they have wine :)

woohoo. yes. my sense of adveture needs rekindling.

will ask around for possible venues. :)

welcome eagleyes! i love the bay area btw. and napa's beautiful. my mom wants to retire there and grow grapes. :lol: and i asked her if she would settle for tagaytay since i can't even begin to imagine the amount of money it'll take to buy and maintain a vineyard.

anyhoo. share more wine stories. let me live vicariously through you.

woohoo. yes. my sense of adveture needs rekindling.

will ask around for possible venues. :)

yes, I think it's time to light a fire under our snoozing sense of adventure :P

I wonder who else will join? :unsure:

'

yes I think it's the ultimate ambition for some of us here - to have a vineyard of our own hehehe...

but since practicality is staring us in the face regarding this one, I'd settle for working na lang in a vineyard - say, a grape picker :P