Back To The 70's

Padagdag na rin:

Sige bok. Dehin na tayo lumayo pa ng score. Tapwe lang na pang gas abot na tayo sa Etivac. Lakas ng amat ng omads na benta ng mga tulak doon-- parang Baguio gold na rin. Etneb isang canister, sampu isang foil.

heheh! :D

Ganito ba kayo magsalita?

O mga repapipaps, kaninong haybols na ang next tipar natin.  Pero, mga bok, dehins naman tayo sa halmits na lugar. Wala akong bread masyado.  Hayaan mo maglalagay ako ng Aramis para di ako masyadong hobarns pagkagaling sa opisina.

Ang unang makasagot ng 70's trivia question na ito...ay.....ay....matanda na !

Question : What was "Pong" ?

Pong was an apparatus you plug into your TV. It had games like tennis (singles and doubles), hockey (not sure), it was made up of white lines, and the ball was a white dot that bounced back to the opponent's court when it hit an angle. I think it was also called paddle ball. Galing ko mag placing nun!

Anong prize ko? Maybe more white hair... :cry:

Pong was an apparatus you plug into your TV. It had games like tennis (singles and doubles), hockey (not sure), it was made up of white lines, and the ball was a white dot that bounced back to the opponent's court when it hit an angle.  I think it was also called paddle ball.  Galing ko mag placing nun!

Anong prize ko?  Maybe more white hair...  :cry:

What ever your toys maybe then, I just had my kicks with "Crazy Foam" and a visit to PanaCraft in Sta. Mesa Market.

Remember those slot-cars which were 1:24 scale.Mitsuboshi motors, foam tyres, cox control unit, braided wire pick up. We used to go to "Roar" near Arcega's to race!

What ever your toys maybe then, I just had my kicks with "Crazy Foam" and a visit to PanaCraft in Sta. Mesa Market.

Remember those slot-cars which were 1:24 scale.Mitsuboshi motors, foam tyres, cox control unit, braided wire pick up.  We used to go to "Roar" near Arcega's to race!

I remember I also had a slot car - Mattel - Lamborghini replica. Sa bilis niya laging lumalabas sa track at pupulutin ng boy ng Roar. I also went to Roar. Baka nagkita tayo dun minsan.

My favorite toys were:

- Daisy BB Gun

- Sonnet bicycle (Japan) pruchased in Everlast

- red scooter (Japan) purchased in Everlast

- a tricycle from Patria

- Metal robots and machine gus made in Japan (wla pang made in China or Taiwan)

- rubber band guns made in our own P.I. (yes, nakatatak na made in PI)

- crazy foam gun like you had - made in USA

Sino sa inyo ang pumunta sa Funhouse para bumili ng toys or magic tricks?

Trivia- Ano pangalan ng tindahan noon sa Quezon Ave. na ngayon ay Maalikaya?

I remember I also had a slot car - Mattel - Lamborghini replica.  Sa bilis niya laging lumalabas sa track at pupulutin ng boy ng Roar.  I also went to Roar.  Baka nagkita tayo dun minsan. 

My favorite toys were:

- Daisy BB Gun

- Sonnet bicycle (Japan) pruchased in Everlast

- red scooter (Japan) purchased in Everlast

- a tricycle from Patria

- Metal robots and machine gus made in Japan (wla pang made in China or Taiwan)

- rubber band guns made in our own P.I.  (yes, nakatatak na made in PI)

- crazy foam gun like you had - made in USA

Trivia- Ano pangalan ng tindahan noon sa Quezon Ave. na ngayon ay Maalikaya?

d ba yung yung Sanitary or Famous steam laundry? Pero honestly mas vivid ang recollection ko sa maaliks!!!! :lol:

d ba yung yung Sanitary or Famous steam laundry?  Pero honestly mas vivid ang recollection ko sa maaliks!!!! :lol:

hahaha. I must admit I went to Maaliks more than the store. Tama ka, Sanitary steam laundry siya, but before it was sanitary steam laundry it was a dept. store of sorts. i forgot the name. Ahhhh, now I recall Toylandia? Tama ba yun? Nawala nung 1978 yata naging Maaliks.

seems like nag-post graduate ka dun... d b yung doctorate mo is ob-gyn...hahahahahah!!! ooops.... baka ma-vip tayo !!!!! hahahahah....

i remember toylandia but i dont know where it was!!! mayroon ding matsusukaya sa cubao. new frontier had a supermarket, right? and who would forget queens supermarket, the first chain operator. last monday, i told my wife na mag-grocery kami sa queen's near u.e. before we visit my niece who was confined there. she answere matagal na walang queens....

bomalads repapipaps, kasmala ang amats ko todits sa thread na toits!!!!

peace man!

Hindi ba yan yun sa mahjonng???

Close, Ms Wyld...close!

p.s when are you coming back to MNL ? :)

Slide...alam ko iyan...FIRST video game ng Atari.... Diba???  :D

Tumpak, augustmoon! High-tech na yun at that time! *strikers

Pong was an apparatus you plug into your TV. It had games like tennis (singles and doubles), hockey (not sure), it was made up of white lines, and the ball was a white dot that bounced back to the opponent's court when it hit an angle.  I think it was also called paddle ball.  Galing ko mag placing nun!

Now, compare that with today's games na mala cinema na ang video...whew...ang tanda na natin! :lol:

Remember those slot-cars which were 1:24 scale.Mitsuboshi motors, foam tyres, cox control unit, braided wire pick up.  We used to go to "Roar" near Arcega's to race!

Oh yeah! Crazy foam...how can I forget?? May baril pa yun dba? Yung kay Uncle Bob..

Ang dream ko nuon was to have one of those "pop cars" which sadly never became a reality...so I did the next best thing and bought my son a similar one when he was 7 years old...vicarious fulfillment na lang! Then he did a foolish thing and almost got run over by a real car...jeez..mabuti walang nangyari..

Anybody here had one of those SuperFast or HotWheels toys? You put together the tracks, use gravity to drive the cars and have endless hours of fun watching the same thing over and over again...drove our maids crazy picking up the tracks everytime we finish playing..

In an earlier post, I think augustmoon spent a lot of time in there...this is the one in Greenhills Arcade diba?

Oh yeah! Crazy foam...how can I forget?? May baril pa yun dba? Yung kay Uncle Bob..

Ang dream ko nuon was to have one of those "pop cars" which sadly never became a reality...so I did the next best thing and bought my son a similar one when he was 7 years old...vicarious fulfillment na lang! Then he did a foolish thing and almost got run over by a real car...jeez..mabuti walang nangyari..

Anybody here had one of those SuperFast or HotWheels toys? You put together the tracks, use gravity to drive the cars and have endless hours of fun watching the same thing over and over again...drove our maids crazy picking up the tracks everytime we finish playing..

Yup, it had a gun! The canisters had their own distinctive design and decorations! Yung pop car nun, Peg Perego na ngayon, 2 speed! I got one for my daughter and I rode it too!!! :lol:

I had Hotwheels and Matchbox, but I broke most of them :evil: or gave them away kasi talo sa karera. Also, GI Joe and Johnny Hero flexible action figures. GI Joe had flexible joints like the modern action figures now. Johnny Hero had a wire and foam construction. His basic outfit was a red running suit, but he can be suited as a football quarterback!

Tonka toys cars and trucks were realistic models. Cox had gas powered airplanes but were controlled by a string.