Back To The 70's

Wyld, my dear...you are doing a good deed to all your Kuyas and Ates in this thread..para naman sila maging IN  at hindi ma stuck sa twilight zone  :)

and may I add 00 words...Jologs, Chuva, Tienes and anik-anik.  Wla niyan noong 70's.

Hehehe... thanks dearie :*

I love the 70s though - especially the clothes! :boo:

please translate!!!! :boo:

Here goes...

Jologs, may be used alternatively w/ skwaking - bakya, skwater

Chuva - no particular meaning, its like a word you use when you dont have any other word to use (eg..."maganda ang mga shoe-ses chuva sa store na yan")

Tienes - refer to Chuva (eg... "mga pambobola tienes ng boylet na yan"); may be used alternatively w/ chenelyn

Anik-anik - ano ano (eg... yung mga kung anik anik na gamit dun sa labas...)

Most of these words are gayspeak :D

A few posts back, Pareng JT mentioned double knit. Pag suot mo 'to, member ka ng SDK (Samahang Double Knit). Yung material ng pants, yun din yung sa collar ng shirt. Munsingwear Gland Slam, with the penguin logo. Then with matching car na Lambda or Corona Macho Machine. And Aramis cologne. At syempre, may clutch bag!

Papable pa kaya ngayon yun??? :wub:

A few posts back, Pareng JT mentioned double knit.  Pag suot mo 'to, member ka ng SDK (Samahang Double Knit).  Yung material ng pants, yun din yung sa collar ng shirt.  Munsingwear Gland Slam, with the penguin logo.  Then with matching car na Lambda or Corona Macho Machine. And Aramis cologne.  At syempre, may clutch bag!

Papable pa kaya ngayon yun???  :wub:

Ganyang ganyan ang outfit ng brother in law ko nun ha! :P Sa Cash and Carry at Cartimar binibili ang shirt na me penguin ...

Papable naman sya noon. Now nag je jeans and tshirt na sya :D

Singit ba ko ng singit sa usapan nyo? Sorry ha na aaliw ako eh ;)

Edited by Wyld
Hehehe... thanks dearie :*

I love the 70s though - especially the clothes! :boo:

Here goes...

Jologs, may be used alternatively w/ skwaking - bakya, skwater

Chuva - no particular meaning, its like a word you use when you dont have any other word to use (eg..."maganda ang mga shoe-ses chuva sa store na yan")

Tienes - refer to Chuva (eg... "mga pambobola tienes ng boylet na yan"); may be used alternatively w/ chenelyn

Anik-anik - ano ano (eg... yung mga kung anik anik na gamit dun sa labas...)

Most of these words are gayspeak :D

E, siguro naman... it would really look odd if the men on this thread will start to talk this way. :boo: :lol:

Ganyang ganyan ang outfit ng brother in law ko nun ha! :P Sa Cash and Carry at Cartimar binibili ang shirt na me penguin ...

Papable naman sya noon. Now nag je jeans and tshirt na sya :D

Singit ba ko ng singit sa usapan nyo? Sorry ha na aaliw ako eh ;)

Hay, talagang nakaka-aliw!! :D

I forgot the wristwatch, either yung digital LED with red numbers or yung pinaka manipis na Seiko La Salle.

A few posts back, Pareng JT mentioned double knit.  Pag suot mo 'to, member ka ng SDK (Samahang Double Knit).  Yung material ng pants, yun din yung sa collar ng shirt.  Munsingwear Gland Slam, with the penguin logo.  Then with matching car na Lambda or Corona Macho Machine. And Aramis cologne.  At syempre, may clutch bag!

Papable pa kaya ngayon yun???  :wub:

Pinagbawal na yang double knit kasi highly fammable material! :boo: Mas bagay ang double knit with flares sa shirt sa "stayknit (?)" (a local shirt with a flying swan logo in the pocket). Platform shoes ng chancellor or glenmore.

Btw, retro fashion is making it's comeback This is very evident in golf. White pants, white shoes, white belt, tight shirt and nylon mesh back baseball cap. Some players wear pink, yellow, red, light blue pants. Well if I make a million bucks playing golf, I would wear the same fashion, too.

E bakit ang micro mini at hotpants d na nauso uli?

Edited by masi
yeah but most material in short shorts these days is either cotton twill or denim... wala na ba yung leather or leatherette (o baka pagkamalan kang sofa!!!! :boo:  :lol: )

Red leatherette hotpants with matching vest. Floral blouse made of flimsy material with flowing electric pleated sleeves ending in thick cuffs and covered buttons. Above-the-knee wet look boots. Remember the Lioness hair-do? Just like the mane of Simba in Lion King. (It's ironic, cos a lioness doesn't have a mane.)

Hala bira, the Aldeguer sisters!! :boo:

Good morning... Uma-Arriba na naman ang mga 70's people...may Naalala na naman (my gues is.. nakatalog na kasi ng husto :blink: )....na mapagkakatuwaan. :D

I remember that in my first Coed party (Gr.7) I wore an Orange POPCORN blouse with butterflies sleeves and a KATCHA pair of Elephant Pants na tinadtad ng Violet Butterfly Patches (ganyan ka fasionable and nanay ko :blink: )..I also had on a pair of CLOGS 2 sizes big for me. I don't know how I managed to dance "The Drop" to the tune of "Smoke on the Water"" without those clogs flying in the air :P

In my first HS Soiree with our Brother class (Ateneo 1-C) also wore those electric pleated Fuschia Double knit skirt with a thin black belt topped with a Chartreuse and Pink Polka dotted blouse, and Black strappy clogs (my size na) this time rockin to Barry White and Stevie Wonder....

As you can surmise by now, My Mom who was my STYLIST then.. was heavy into the COLOR WHEEL.. that or, maybe she was in a self-induced mild altering trip.. I still can't forgive her for that atrocious attires. :P You should have seen her THEN :P

And the biggest FAUX PAS... (next only to Liberty's Flowing Floral :D ) was wearing a wrap around long sleeve dress with PUCCI-esque prints ( as usual with the whole spectrum of colors) lugging an envelope bag. In a HS party at age 14 !!!!.. Little Matrona ang dating.

Quirky...Syano Queen. .my soul sisters..I know you are lurking around in the thread...llaughing your heads off, and enjoying the memories...you have to give your share to this thread...after all you were in the same parties...looking equally horrific as I did. If you don't Masi will not invite you to the next EB

And the biggest FAUX PAS... (next only to Liberty's Flowing Floral  :D ) was wearing a wrap around long sleeve dress with PUCCI-esque prints ( as usual with the whole spectrum of colors)  lugging an envelope bag.  In a HS party at age 14 !!!!.. Little Matrona ang dating. 

Quirky...Syano Queen. .my soul sisters..I know you are lurking around in the thread...llaughing your heads off, and enjoying the memories...you have to give your share to this thread...after all you were in the same parties...looking equally horrific as I did.  If you don't Masi will not invite you to the next EB

siguro ngayon, you'll say that.... "little matrona".... pero during that time, the guys will be ogling and saying "ganda nung chick o'....."

I think it was my fifth birthday or so when my sister made me wear a pair of orange double knit pants (the ones with diagonal texture) and one of those flowery, fluffy blouses thats gathered at the neck and wrists... cant describe it exactly but im sure you can imagine...

And I was a chubby little girl so ... I looked like a little throw pillow wearing that outfit... :boo:

In any ordinary day, I cannot imagine the fashion augustmoon, wyld and liberty have been enumerating in their posts. It's a good thing, we are just a few weeks to Holloween and somehow I can visualize how this fashion would fall right into the occasion.

Magaling, great posting the jingle of Glenmore shoes!!!! I was proud of wearing my Glenmore platforms to school. Made me walk tall, literally!!!!

Oo, nga naman, if you belong to the 70s and are simply lurking in this thread, better come out and share you're version of this era!!! Then strut your stuff at the next eb.

siguro ngayon, you'll say that.... "little matrona".... pero during that time, the guys will be ogling and saying "ganda nung chick o'....."

Bonjing....more like...SCORCHING !!!! :P as in Flames!!! Flames!!! May sunog... dahil sa DAMI ng KULAY :P

You should join us in our next EB...and so goes for the others who are in the thread now... Sorry Wyld, unless I win the Lotto..you'll have to there in spirit lang... sabagay, ikaw lang ang mascot doon. :*

In any ordinary day, I cannot imagine the fashion augustmoon, wyld and liberty have been enumerating in their posts.  It's a good thing, we are just a few weeks to Holloween and somehow I can visualize how this fashion would fall right into the occasion.

My friend MASI...oh..so.. CRUEL.. :( and oh...so.. TRUE :)

So...Next Eb's theme is Halloween.. and for our games, lahat ng magpupunta, magdadala ng 3 70's thingy to be auctioned off / bartered.

Couldnt resist... may translations yan eh ... to current time that is.

chibog - lafang

upak - banat

syota - hmm syota pa din yata pero pede ring fafa :P

utol - utol

bading - jokla, baklush

charing - ching

TL - inlababo

TH - over

KJ - corny, baduy

jeproks - astig

eyeball - gimik

:lol:

Dagdagan natin ng kaunti yung 70s dictionary. Some slang words that first came out during this decade include:

sondo - one peso

etneb - twenty pesos

tasingwens - fifty pesos

tipar - party

yugyug - dance

stay-in - to sleep over while waiting for curfew to pass

yosi - cigarette

bomalabs - blur or unclear

chicks or chickababes - girl

cats or kelot - boy

pigoy - police

parak - police or Metrocom (remember those guys?)

hagad - highway or traffic police (different from parak or pigoy)

dyuts - stick of weed

match - matchbox full of weed

bato - stoned under the influence weed or drugs

bangag - high under the influence weed or drugs

wawing - hallucinating under the influence (different from bangag and bato)

durog - drugs or under the influence of drugs (not weed)

toma - to drink beer or alcohol

senglot - to get drunk

tiklo - to get caught

damatans - old person

ermat - mother

erpat - father

utol - brother or sister

repapips or repapipaps - a friend

syota - boyfriend or girlfriend

waswit - husband or wife

syano - someone from the province

bokal - bald guy

katol or chimay - housemaid

otnot - someone stupid

ogags - same as otnot

egnat - same as otnot and ogags

sosyal - high class

corny - a joke that's not funny or someone not fun to be with

K.J. - k*ll-joy, someone who spoils the fun

T.H. - "trying hard" pa-sosyal

K.K.B. - dutch treat, each pays for his/her own

damage - share of the expenses

patak - sharing the bill

istambay - a bum

tambay or tumambay - to bum around

kanto boy - street bum

jeproks - rocker or someone who looks like one

tibo - lesbian

syoke, badap or bakla - gay

kapal - shameless

gaybi - to give

lebi - to buy

iskor - to buy, also to make sexual advances

wasaks - to devirginize

wangkata - body

dyoga - boobs

yagbols or yagbadoodles - balls

wetpaks - buttocks

lapangga - to indulge in necking and/or petting

tosnak - to have sexual intercourse

tapumunts - to go somewhere

lawduma - to visit someone

gawlumi - to court a girl

basted - to get turned down

istokwa - to stow away from home

iskyerda - to go away

split - same as iskyerda

tsikot - car

yoyo - wrist watch

toga - shoes

haybol - house

kukur - dress made from curtain-type fabric

ngatngat - the finger sign (yes brothers and sisters, the finger as we know it today, first made an appearance in the 70s!)

Top of mind pa lang ang mga ito. I'm sure marami pa kayo'ng maaalala.

bato - stoned under the influence weed or drugs

syoke, badap or bakla - gay

ngatngat - the finger sign (yes brothers and sisters, the finger as we know it today, first made an appearance in the 70s!)

Top of mind pa lang ang mga ito.  I'm sure marami pa kayo'ng maaalala.

"Bato" also used to refer to a muscular person.

"Syoke" applied more to an effeminate person than to a gay one, while "gay" used to mean happy.

As for the "ngatnat" finger, we actually used to say "Ngatngatin mo!" which you never hear these days. Gamit ngayon ng mga tao, "Up yours."

I remember how, one time, my friends and I were having cigarettes and beer at a place that we called Penthouse. Suddenly, one of my friends shouted "Parak!" We all ran for cover. It was while we were hiding that I asked, "Anong parak?" Natawa na lang sila. Kung hindi ko alam, bakit ako tumakbo?

There was also the term "square" which referred to fight without weapons. Walang restbackan din. In school, pagnagkakainitan na, sasabihin, "Ano, mamaya?" Back in high school, those fights were spectacles. They often happened after class...and often with an audience.

Edited by jt2003