Back To The 70's

Slide..I was pretty sure Maan was the host (i don't know lang if June  took over eventually)..when I was 5 years old, My Mom took me to Lollipop party (together with my 2 bestfriends and their mothers) and let me/us  join Little MS. SHELLANE... :D  Sad to say, I was the first one to be eliminated  :D  :D  :grr: Maan was the one who broke my heart  :(

Talaga? Ako rin andun din sa Lollipop Party and this was circa 1966 I think...siguro nag kita tayo dun?? Yeah you must be right, Ma-an must have been the original host! She must have been very young then, though.

Ang ka love team ni Espie Fabon ay si Darius Razon dba?

Yung favorite local sitcom ko nun was yung Wanted : Borders, with Pugo, Patsy, Connie Angeles, and Apeng Daldal.

Cafeteria Aroma with Apeng Daldal

Iskul Bukol with Mang Temi

Seeing Stars with JQ

Champuy with Subas and Noel

John & Marsha with Maricel Soriano

Aside fro Harry Gasser, ang gagaling ng mga newscasters before like Frankie Evangelista, Dennis Cabalfin, Frankie Abao Jr., Jose Mari Velez, yung iba naalala ko mukha pero nalimutan ko na ang mga names.

Can anyone remember his name..?

He was a one-act comedian who played a guitar. He and Dolphy would usually start playing a tune (yihiiy! ang sarap...!) and would suddenly go out of tune...it was a one-joke act but it sure was hilarious everytime he did it..hahaha hanggang ganyon I find it funny! Wasn't he in Cafeteria Aroma?

Can anyone remember his name..?

He was a one-act comedian who played a guitar. He and Dolphy would usually start playing a tune (yihiiy! ang sarap...!) and would suddenly go out of tune...it was a one-joke act but it sure was hilarious everytime he did it..hahaha hanggang ganyon I find it funny! Wasn't he in Cafeteria Aroma?

Ading fernando. He's the brother of Dely Atay-atayan and the director of John & Marsha

Talaga? Ako rin andun din sa Lollipop Party and this was circa 1966 I think...siguro nag kita tayo dun?? Yeah you must be right, Ma-an must have been the original host! She must have been very young then, though.

Ang ka love team ni Espie Fabon ay si Darius Razon dba?

Yung favorite local sitcom ko nun was yung Wanted : Borders, with Pugo, Patsy, Connie Angeles, and Apeng Daldal.

hindi po - si Geraldine ang labtim ni Darius Razon :P

hindi ba si Mildred Ortega ang nandun sa Wanted: Boarders? Or was it another show with Pugo and Leroy Salvador?

Well, yes you're right Storm, Ading did sing off key to make us all laugh...but the guy I was thinking off played the guitar, and it was guitar tunes that would be off tune....I think I'm referring to Minyong Villegas.

yup that was Minyong, pare but I doubt if did a duet with Dolphy as Minyong was a sidekick of Apeng Daldal. Despite his intentional off-key playing Minyong was one heck of a guitarist.

What I recall dun sa Buhay Artista, Dolphy had a segment where he would sing with Panchito. Panchito would sing in English and Dolphy would translate into literal Tagalog :P

Speaking of guitar-playing comedians, a great one was Pablo Virtuso. Duling siya saka mahilig mag-ingles ng baluktot :lol: pero he can play a mean guitar.....

I was watching the Ateneo-UE game this afternoon and na-focus yung camera kay Pilo Pumaren. My memory suddenly got flooded with baseball. Does anybody remember the MBBL - Manila Bay Baseball League. We used to have an honest-to-goodness baseball league here in the 60's/70's, but like most other team sports that got snowed over by basketball where we don't have a ghost of a chance internationally, baseball faded to oblivion. Aside from Pumaren we had a lot of good baseball players then like Boy Codinera and that Manzanares guy. It was an indication of the times when the sons of Pilo and Boy eventually hooked up with basketball......

Football, too. It nearly threatened to flourish before :P , with the likes of Alberto Honasan, Mike Moran, Tonio Gutierrez....We had regular tournaments then, aside from the collegiate wars (I remember Honasan being with UP when I was there). Like baseball, soccer too didn't have a chance in the long run here...

Folks, are you sure about Tina Revilla in Ms.Ellaneous? I don't know, but I've always had a big crush on Tina Revilla (until now, when I see her in the Lotto draws), so I was wondering how I couldn't remember her co-hosting that show. I remember watching Tina Revilla with FPJ in "Ang Pagbabalik ng Lawin" which also featured the late great Max Alvarado and the now ailing Romy Diaz.

Tina Revilla actually surpassed her sister, Maritess, who was the main model for Camay many years ago, in terms of popularity. The Revilla family also introduced, in a TV ad, Nescafe Decaf, during the early 70s.

Aside fro Harry Gasser, ang gagaling ng mga newscasters before like Frankie Evangelista, Dennis Cabalfin, Frankie Abao Jr., Jose Mari Velez, yung iba naalala ko mukha pero nalimutan ko na ang mga names.

And who could forget Tina Monzon-Palma who has now been relegated to a talk show on a cable channel inaccessible to a great majority of Pinoys. During those days ('60s, '70s, and part of the '80s) news was written and reported in good English and Tagalog news was writtten in excellent Tagalog. I lament the stupidity and inanity of today's Taglish newscasters and my hair bristles at "invented" Tagalog words like "arestado", "awtoridad", "na-inolve", "isinalvage", "posisyon", "regulasyon".

Then we wonder why English is getting bad and so is Tagalog. In the '70s, the news editors went through all news reports for grammar and accuracy, but today it is not the case, and sensationalism not sense, rules our airwaves.

Folks, are you sure about Tina Revilla in Ms.Ellaneous?  I don't know, but I've always had a big crush on Tina Revilla (until now, when I see her in the Lotto draws), so I was wondering how I couldn't remember her co-hosting that show.  I remember watching Tina Revilla with FPJ in "Ang Pagbabalik ng Lawin" which also featured the late great Max Alvarado and the now ailing Romy Diaz.

Tina Revilla actually surpassed her sister, Maritess, who was the main model for Camay many years ago, in terms of popularity.  The Revilla family also introduced, in a TV ad, Nescafe Decaf, during the early 70s.

I'm sure! :D

Yung Super Laugh-in nila Ramon Zamora, Tange, Balot...etc...ang influential ng program na yun. It launched the careers of not a few comedians. Tapos sa school namin, people would have that surprised expression on their faces, the same expressions the comedians would have after the joke's punch lines were delivered. May isa pa sa channel 13 naman, where the Sotto brothers were introduced..."OK lang" ba yung title nun?

And who could forget Tina Monzon-Palma who has now been relegated to a talk show on a cable channel inaccessible to a great majority of Pinoys.  During those days ('60s, '70s, and part of the '80s) news was written and reported in good English and Tagalog news was writtten in excellent Tagalog.  I lament the stupidity and inanity of today's Taglish newscasters and my hair bristles at "invented" Tagalog words like "arestado", "awtoridad", "na-inolve", "isinalvage", "posisyon", "regulasyon".

Then we wonder why English is getting bad and so is Tagalog.  In the '70s, the news editors went through all news reports for grammar and accuracy, but today it is not the case, and sensationalism not sense, rules our  airwaves.

amen to that, pare....

we're now in the age of MTV and short attention spans and atrocious English :P

I remember when MTV was just starting out. The music videos then were more artful and done with taste. Who could forget Peter Gabriel's Sledgehammer? Or David Bowie's China Girl? Or the Talking Heads' Burning Down the House? Ngayon puro kaartehan na with all those so-called MTV VJ's spouting a lot of nonsense and faux-accented English and pa-cute :P

No serious stuff nowadays in how they present these so-called "news programs." If you would notice how CNN or BBC or the others didn't change the format of how they presented the news, you would wonder how our local news programs bastardized their shows to cater to the CD crowd instead of uplifting everyone's standards.

Yung Super Laugh-in nila Ramon Zamora, Tange, Balot...etc...ang influential ng program na yun. It launched the careers of not a few comedians. Tapos sa school namin, people would have that surprised expression on their faces, the same expressions the comedians would have after the joke's punch lines were delivered. May isa pa sa channel 13 naman, where the Sotto brothers were introduced..."OK lang" ba yung title nun?

pards ito yata yung show na magkakasama pa yung mga Sotto saka yung Apo - they were still on good terms then and the show was a riot. Biro mo pinagsama yung galing nina Joey de Leon, Vic and Tito Sotto, Spanky Rigor and Danny Javier and Jim Paredes...

Maganda talaga si Pilar Pilapil. Pero hindi ba nung 60s pa siya sumikat?

Kapag aritstang 70s na maganda na at sexy pa, eto yun:

1. Rio Locsin

2. Hilda Koronel

3. Lorna Tolentino

4. Marianne dela Riva

5. Gloria Diaz

6. Lotis Key

7. Chanda Romero

8. Alma Moreno

9. Vivian Velez

11. Aurora Salve

amen to that, pare....

we're now in the age of MTV and short attention spans and atrocious English :P

I remember when MTV was just starting out. The music videos then were more artful and done with taste. Who could forget Peter Gabriel's Sledgehammer? Or David Bowie's China Girl? Or the Talking Heads' Burning Down the House? Ngayon puro kaartehan na with all those so-called MTV VJ's spouting a lot of nonsense and faux-accented English and pa-cute :P

No serious stuff nowadays in how they present these so-called "news programs." If you would notice how CNN or BBC or the others didn't change the format of how they presented the news, you would wonder how our local news programs bastardized their shows to cater to the CD crowd instead of uplifting everyone's standards.

Naku, don't get me started. Pinoy and Bods, I agree with you 100%. Notice our current sitcoms, someone attempts to say a line in English and everyone breaks out in laughter, even if there was nothing witty about what was said. Nakakatawa ba yun? How did we ever get to be like this? In our office, we force our staff to speak in English during meetings. Our counterparts in China are doing the same thing. But you know what? We eventually gave up on it because the team members were obviously suppressing laughter and we couldn't concentrate on our agenda. Haaay ano na ang nangyayari sa atin. We're giving away our one true advantage.