Back To The 70's

An all-time favorite in the mid-70s---WELCOME BACK KOTTER. :cool:

Wonderful 70's Series with a great feel for ad libbing-- which was usual for the cast.

If I remember correctly, the lead characters were Mr. Kotter, Washington, Epstein, Arnold Horshack and Vinnie Barbarino.

Famous lines or scenes were:

Barbarino made famous the line "Wha??" and then trying to look innocent onf any wrong doing.

Horsehack introduced himself to his high school crush by saying: "Hi! My name is Horseshack. It's Polish and it means the cattle are dying!"

Epstein will usually give Mr. Kotter an excuse letter that says: "Please excuse my son for being absent yesterday as he was sick. Signed--Epstein's Mother!"

Other TV series that I followed were:

Little House on the Prairie

James at 15

Man form Atlantis

Eight is Enough

Dance Fever

Hardy Boys ( gotta be updated so I can cneverse with the girls who watched it regualry.hahah )

Combat

Star Trek (60's but I saw it in the 70s... so there. Heheh)

Hawaii Five-O

Barney Miller

Batman with Adam West ( 60's but..)

Green Hornet ( 60's but ...)

Kung Fu with David Carradine

In Concert ( featuring differnt band every week)

Edited by 16track

My favorite 70s sitcom was Three's Company starring the late, great John Ritter along with Suzanne Somers and Joyce Dewitt. One of the show's producers, George Sunga, was part-Pinoy. I'd say that Welcome Back, Kotter was my second most favorite show. I also enjoyed listening to the show's theme song. :cool:

I loved all those tv shows back then. Nakaka miss.

I remember James at 15, andun din si Melissa Sue Anderson of Little House on the Prairie , all made up. A very far cry from her Prairie character.

Nakipag leps to leps din siya kay James hehe

Sumikat din yung mga American tv series: Knot's Landing, Falcon Crest etc. (latter part na ng 70s ata, nag continue sa 80s)

Meron din Swiss Family Robinson, bata pa si Helen Hunt. Nung nawala, Little House ang pumalit.

Saturday time slot, 7pm sa ch7.

Wonderful 70's Series with a great feel for ad libbing-- which was usual for the cast.

If I remember correctly, the lead characters were Mr. Kotter, Washington, Epstein, Arnold Horshack and Vinnie Barbarino.

Famous lines or scenes were:

Barbarino made famous the line "Wha??" and then trying to look innocent onf any wrong doing.

Horsehack introduced himself to his high school crush by saying: "Hi! My name is Horseshack. It's Polish and it means the cattle are dying!"

Epstein will usually give Mr. Kotter an excuse letter that says: "Please excuse my son for being absent yesterday as he was sick. Signed--Epstein's Mother!"

Other TV series that I followed were:

Little House on the Prairie

James at 15

Man form Atlantis

Eight is Enough

Dance Fever

Hardy Boys ( gotta be updated so I can cneverse with the girls who watched it regualry.hahah )

Combat

Star Trek (60's but I saw it in the 70s... so there. Heheh)

Hawaii Five-O

Barney Miller

Batman with Adam West ( 60's but..)

Green Hornet ( 60's but ...)

Kung Fu with David Carradine

In Concert ( featuring differnt band every week)

Anong TV sitcom ito?

Bert Marcelo as Dyani - Janitor

Mely Tagasa - Cashier

Is it BALTIC & CO. ?(guess lang)

What about Jimmy Morato as TiSOY & Pilar Pilapil as the secretary name ????

BUHAY ARTISTA

TANGTARANGTANG

AND the Psycho-thriller / suspense series MALIKMATA. Meron silang episode about CANNIBALS starring Marlene Dauden & Vic Diaz - about a Man who married a lady (na cannibal pala, implied doon) he imprisoned her sa room para hindi makapatay then when he opened the door patay na..she ate herself. Gross!! I was so scared. Mga 8/9 years old lang yata ako noon.

Is it BALTIC & CO. ?(guess lang)

What about Jimmy Morato as TiSOY & Pilar Pilapil as the secretary name ????

BUHAY ARTISTA

TANGTARANGTANG

AND the Psycho-thriller / suspense series MALIKMATA. Meron silang episode about CANNIBALS starring Marlene Dauden & Vic Diaz - about a Man who married a lady (na cannibal pala, implied doon) he imprisoned her sa room para hindi makapatay then when he opened the door patay na..she ate herself. Gross!! I was so scared. Mga 8/9 years old lang yata ako noon.

Hi Augustmoon!

Di ko napanood yun. Marlene Dauden was one of my childhood crushes.

Early 70s - Super laff-in with sina Ramon Zamora, Maya Valdez, Balot, Tange, etc.

Baltic and Co. from the comic strip of the same title by Roni Santiago

Prospero Luna as Mr. M. E. Baltic (the Boss)

Bert Marcelo as Dyani

Mely Tagasa as Miss Tapia (the accountant)

forgot the name of another one, yung naging spokesperson/image model/endorser ng Maggi Soup, her character is Bebs

Angelo Castro, forgot he name of his character, but siya yung bf ni Bebs in the series...

yung iba nalimutan ko na :D

Anong TV sitcom ito?

Bert Marcelo as Dyani - Janitor

Mely Tagasa - Cashier

Mr. Lomex, that was a bit too easy. Just about everyone in my generation remembers "Baltic & Co." You can add Angelo Castro, Jr.(yes, the ABS-CBN executive), Menchu Genato-Henson (the wife of Quinito Henson and a PR executive), Prospero Luna (Baltic), and even Pugak (who replaced Dyani) to the list. The name I can't remember is that of the actor who played Mr. Golem.

As for MALIKMATA, it was shown on Friday nights. I don't think Vic Diaz ever acted in the stories (in the series, yes, but not the stories). But the episode always began with him, a la "Twilight Zone" with Rod Serling. Vic Diaz was the face of MALIKMATA. This series was really scary.

As for MALIKMATA, it was shown on Friday nights. I don't think Vic Diaz ever acted in the stories (in the series, yes, but not the stories). But the episode always began with him, a la "Twilight Zone" with Rod Serling. Vic Diaz was the face of MALIKMATA. This series was really scary.

Excuse me ..err pardon me then..My age was just a single digit then so the memory and recollection are somewhat hazy... :-/

Edited by augustmoon

At TFC this morning, RENE GARCIA of Hotdog Band was guest in Sharon's show belting the good 'ole "Manila sound" they have made popular in the 70s and early 80s (esp. Annie Batumbakal, Ikaw lang ang Miss Universe, Manila).

Rene has added (again!) more pounds to his weight but still bubbly as ever.

They introduced their new CD this time a new band name---HOTSILOG.

I remember him and Dennis (his brother?) from their first heavy metal band--RED FOX when rock concerts were the craze of the early 70s just before Martial Law. :cool:

Bert Marcelo as Dyani

forgot the name of another one, yung naging spokesperson/image model/endorser ng Maggi Soup, her character is Bebs

Angelo Castro, forgot he name of his character, but siya yung bf ni Bebs in the series...

yung iba nalimutan ko na :D

Prospero Luna was not the original Mr. Baltic. The role was originally played by Nanding Flores who unfortunately died not long after the series started. Thus, Prospero Luna was tapped to replace him.

Ricky Manalo, Jr. was also on the show and played the role of "Tom Guna", the office playboy. :D

i remember...

Bentot and Mang Nano.... "Das a lasa nansens!"

Apeng Daldal and his magic bilao

Rosemarie Sonora and the 7 dwarfs

Etang Ditcher and her patadyong

the funny fights of Aruray and Menggay

Matimtiman Cruz and her mali-mali lines

and who would ever forget Chichay

and how come Pinoys then were very corteous and mabait with each other?

Bert Marcelo as Dyani

yung iba nalimutan ko na biggrin.gif

Prospero Luna was not the original Mr. Baltic. The role was originally played by Nanding Flores who unfortunately died not long after the series started. Thus, Prospero Luna was tapped to replace him.

Ricky Manalo, Jr. was also on the show and played the role of "Tom Guna", the office playboy. :D

Who played the character of Mr. Golem? The little guy who wears a wig :D

I remeber this tv show which starred Pugo, Patsy , Jay Ilagan, Connie angeles and Tange..." My Son, My Son"...

Speaking of Pugo, there are other bald headed actors then... Pugak, Tugo and Tugak.

There's this movie I remebered starring Erap and another action star(frogot who), their father is Pugo and theres a scene in the movie where the three were having lunch... since they are poor and can't afford to buy "ulam", so Pugo had a piece of "tuyo" and hang it in the ceiling so that everytime they will eat their rice, they'll smell the "tuyo" as their "ulam" :cool: then one day a cat pass by their barong barong and ate the fish :P

I still remember the theme song.... "Sa blenda ang sarap, sa blenda ang ligaya...." well part of the song :D Isn't it that the girl is Francis Arnaiz' gf before?

Actually, that lady was his wife at that time. Sadly, they separated a few years later. I remember her face but unfortunately, I couldn't recall her name. :(