Back To The 70's

The guy was not a real drug dealer but was executed only to scare Ninoy Aquino. Aquino's death sentence was handed down by the military tribunal as soon as the poor guy got shot. Marcos was forcing a negotiated settlement with Ninoy and he thought executing somebody would scare Ninoy.

Ninoy was executed anyhow, and in broad daylight in the middle of the airport some years later.

======================

Oo nga, pero what puzzles me is that saan siya (Lim Seng) inilibing? Also, i remember watching the execution on TV parang wala akong nakitang dugo na lumabas sa kanyang katawan after allegedly being hit by a bullet.

It was splashed everywhere both in print and broadcast. The Subic rape case pales in comparison

to the celebrated Maggie dela Riva case considering the magnitude of the violence inflicted on a

famous celebrity at that time. It was Judge Lourdes San Diego who handed the death sente

=====================================================

Totoo yan, Nicole's experience will pale sa naranasan ni Maggie dela Riva. Here's the full story:

http://www.lawphil.net/judjuris/juri1971/f...28232_1971.html

======================

Oo nga, pero what puzzles me is that saan siya (Lim Seng) inilibing? Also, i remember watching the execution on TV parang wala akong nakitang dugo na lumabas sa kanyang katawan after allegedly being hit by a bullet.

It was martial law and the whole thing was in our language just "palabas". Nobody knows what really happenned because Marcos has the full control of the media. Marcos believes in Goebbels dictum that if you repeat a lie a thousand times, it will become the truth.

Marcos was trying to convince Aquino to join his government as head of a toothless council of adviser along with Cardinal Sin, Enrile and Imelda. He was using the carrot and stick approach and killing a poor chinese guy was probably the stick.

If I remember during the same period, there was also an assasination attempt against Imelda. In front of national TV, one guy just came with a knife tried to k*ll her.

After that, she became govermnor of Metro Manila. You know why there are MMDA all around giving traffic tickets instead of just the local cops. Blame the guy with the knife.

It was martial law and the whole thing was in our language just "palabas". Nobody knows what really happenned because Marcos has the full control of the media. Marcos believes in Goebbels dictum that if you repeat a lie a thousand times, it will become the truth.

Marcos was trying to convince Aquino to join his government as head of a toothless council of adviser along with Cardinal Sin, Enrile and Imelda. He was using the carrot and stick approach and killing a poor chinese guy was probably the stick.

If I remember during the same period, there was also an assasination attempt against Imelda. In front of national TV, one guy just came with a knife tried to k*ll her.

After that, she became govermnor of Metro Manila. You know why there are MMDA all around giving traffic tickets instead of just the local cops. Blame the guy with the knife.

Yeah I remember these!!!

Happy holidays to all! Cheers and enjoy the season.

In the 70s, inspite of the RULE, we still had some goodtimes. Enjoy the typars peeps.

Speaking of ham, I miss the Excelente Ham my dad used to buy at Echague. Miss ko rin iyong Queso de Bola and home-made hot chocolate that my mom and my aunt used to make.

Meron pa ring excelente ham. I prefer Marca Piña Queso de bola among the edams. I like it dry and aged. We just opened the one I bought in 2005 pa. Sarap with ham (adelina), pandesal, mayo and freshly batidor home-made hot chocolate (peanut and cacao blend). :thumbsupsmiley:

Our Christmas food from the 60s to the present consist of these:

Ham, embotido, bangus relleno, queso de bola, leche flan with dayap, suman, macapuno, ube, garbanzos, pullman bread or pandesal, roast chicken, menudo, sopas or chicken sotanghon.

New Year's eve naman noon sa Malabon ay laging may morcon, lechon, prawns, crabs, oysters, calamares, kilawin and kinilaw because inuman na.

Happy holidays to all.

What's your menu for the New Year?

Speaking of ham, I miss the Excelente Ham my dad used to buy at Echague. Miss ko rin iyong Queso de Bola and home-made hot chocolate that my mom and my aunt used to make.

====================

Kami, nakaugalian namin (since the time of my lola) tuwing noche buena and medya noche,,,tinola, menudo and yung Ricoa (chocolate) na naalala ko pa kapag pinaiinit may pang halo silang gawa sa kahoy and may decorations pa sa dulo.

HAPPY NEW YEAR SA INYONG LAHAT!!! Ninos inocentes ngayon!

Speaking of Excellente

Our kasambahay warned me not to asked her to buy Excellente Ham and Bacon on Christmas eve....

she had a bad experience last year ....

the damn place was a frenzy of Ham Buyers ... you have to go through a mob to get your share ....

Hay nako koyah ...

+++++++++++++

I still remember the PUPPET show on COD Cubao specially on Christmas holidays then

Meron pa ring excelente ham. I prefer Marca Piña Queso de bola among the edams. I like it dry and aged. We just opened the one I bought in 2005 pa. Sarap with ham (adelina), pandesal, mayo and freshly batidor home-made hot chocolate (peanut and cacao blend). :thumbsupsmiley:

Our Christmas food from the 60s to the present consist of these:

Ham, embotido, bangus relleno, queso de bola, leche flan with dayap, suman, macapuno, ube, garbanzos, pullman bread or pandesal, roast chicken, menudo, sopas or chicken sotanghon.

New Year's eve naman noon sa Malabon ay laging may morcon, lechon, prawns, crabs, oysters, calamares, kilawin and kinilaw because inuman na.

Happy holidays to all.

What's your menu for the New Year?

Wow, such a marvellous spread, Storm.

Masarap rin yung Antonio Pueo na hot chocolate. Made extra thick. Incidentally I've been on the prowl for lechon baka

for the longest time. I remember Ambrosia's along Katipunan used to serve it. May alam pa kayong

establishments which offer this? Yung puwede kilo-kilo, not the whole calf.

:blink: I remember my older cousins smoking pot during the 70's. Those "joints" were huge & thick. Even had RIZAL BUDS printed on the paper. One time they were riding the bus somewhere along Roxas Blvd. when police cars forced the bus to stop. Rounded up the men with long hair then "kinalbo" lahat. The barkada went home dejected with abused civil liberties. Anyway, they collected used clothes and brought them to Eloys. The money they got was used to buy marijuana--and of all places, inside Fort Bonifacio--only in the Philippines, martial law or no martial law. The 70's, what a decade. :heart:
====================

Kami, nakaugalian namin (since the time of my lola) tuwing noche buena and medya noche,,,tinola, menudo and yung Ricoa (chocolate) na naalala ko pa kapag pinaiinit may pang halo silang gawa sa kahoy and may decorations pa sa dulo.

HAPPY NEW YEAR SA INYONG LAHAT!!! Ninos inocentes ngayon!

Yes, indeed! :cool: I remember that that was how my aunt used to make her chocolate, may pang-halo siya na wooden sticks! Ang sarap! :thumbsupsmiley:

Yes, indeed! :cool: I remember that that was how my aunt used to make her chocolate, may pang-halo siya na wooden sticks! Ang sarap! :thumbsupsmiley:

mas malapot, mas yummy! then we would dunk with gusto the "walang-kamatayang suman" in the cup of hot cocoa we were served...nowadays the kids pour marshmallows :D