Back To The 70's

=========================================

SUSAN REYES ARNAIZ. Became the gf of one of the Lopezes

Maraming salamat for this information, Mr. Photographer. I remember back in the 70s when my father and I went to see a Crispa-Toyota game at the Araneta Coliseum. Tuwing hawak ni Arnaiz ang bola, sumisigaw iyong mga Crispa fans sa area namin na "Blenda Torotot". :( This was during the time when the news came out that they were separating because she left him for another man. Fans can be brutal at times.

Maraming salamat for this information, Mr. Photographer. I remember back in the 70s when my father and I went to see a Crispa-Toyota game at the Araneta Coliseum. Tuwing hawak ni Arnaiz ang bola, sumisigaw iyong mga Crispa fans sa area namin na "Blenda Torotot". :( This was during the time when the news came out that they were separating because she left him for another man. Fans can be brutal at times.

During those wonderful Crispa-Toyota days, brutality was the norm, both on-court and off-court. Brutality was particularly harsh the day after, especially if your team lost the night before.

During those wonderful Crispa-Toyota days, brutality was the norm, both on-court and off-court. Brutality was particularly harsh the day after, especially if your team lost the night before.

And so were the glory days of NCAA in the 70s...when rumbles and riots among rowdy fans in and out of the basketball stadium were just about "normal". :blink:

=======================

Yah, I remember those kind of hecklings, nakakapikon talaga. Hindi lang si Arnaiz who suffered those kinds of heckling. When Bernard Fabiosa of Crispa separated from his wife as a result of the girl (a former stewardess) na sumama sa isang military man (a general, I think), sinisigawan naman siya ng may t_e sa ulo. Buti these days, nabawasan na ganung ka personal na pang aasar.

heard before na nagduduraan daw sila, lalo na kapag toyota vs. crispa ang laban. i dunno if its true.

========================================================

Actually this duraan thing was started by Jake Rojas of the then Mariwasa team. Then it caught on with other players with the likes of Dionisio, Fabiosa, Arnaiz, Ray Franco. Dont know if Jawo did this kind of dirty trick pero imagine a dura on your face mas lalo while making a layup? disgusting!

PBA Heckler Victim Hall of Fame:

1) Luke Dacula

2) Ricky Palou

3) Nonoy Dalman

[/quo

==========================================

Oo nga, kawawa naman....the heckling prompted Luke Dacula (full name: Lucrecio Dacula - kung bakit naman pangalan niya pinaglaruan pa ng kanyang magulang) to legally and file a motion and it was approved to change his name to.....(hehehe forgot it na)

Ricky Palou, yes the same Ricky Palou of the UAAP board), was San Miguel Beer's Bangko ng Bayan. Parati siyang natutuyuan ng pawis after initial warm up shots. He owns the highest looping shots sa MICAA during the 6os and 70s. Sa sobrang taas, nawawala bola sa ibabaw ng TV screen.

Di ko na maalala kung sino si Nonoy Dalman

anyone of you guys remembered the tv series THE SAMURAI - SHINTARO? i'm not sure if its in the 60's or the 70's when it was shown on tv

YES!!! :cool: I do remember that tv series. Count me as one of the big fans of this show. This show actually started in the mid-60s. It was shown on Philippine tv in the late 60s and some reruns in the early 70s. I admired the show not only for the great sword action scenes but also for the authenticity in settings and costumes.

YES!!! :cool: I do remember that tv series. Count me as one of the big fans of this show. This show actually started in the mid-60s. It was shown on Philippine tv in the late 60s and some reruns in the early 70s. I admired the show not only for the great sword action scenes but also for the authenticity in settings and costumes.

That was the first time we were introduced to the mysticism and fighting skills of the BLACK NINJA on TV.

I also remember watching the movie ZATOICHI: The Blind Swordsman.

After watching with my tito, we passed by Quiapo-Ilalim to buy a Samurai. :P

yes the fight scenes then are quite realistic. wala pang slow motion nuon ala matrix :D

yes the fight scenes then are quite realistic. wala pang slow motion nuon ala matrix :D

Ang tataas pa tumalon ng mga Black Ninja! Mwahahaha!!!! :cool: I remember Shintaro and Tombe, his sidekick.

There are DVDs out there on this series. Ang kaso nga lang e sa Australia and New Zealand available (aside from Japan, of course) at iba ang format na ginamit. :( I'd love to have this series as part of my collection.

Maganda rin iyong Zatoichi, the Blind Swordsman. There were a number of movies made about this character in the late 60s to early 70s. They still show these movies on American TV as frequent as once or twice a month. :thumbsupsmiley:

Ang tataas pa tumalon ng mga Black Ninja! Mwahahaha!!!! :cool: I remember Shintaro and Tombe, his sidekick.

There are DVDs out there on this series. Ang kaso nga lang e sa Australia and New Zealand available (aside from Japan, of course) at iba ang format na ginamit. :( I'd love to have this series as part of my collection.

Maganda rin iyong Zatoichi, the Blind Swordsman. There were a number of movies made about this character in the late 60s to early 70s. They still show these movies on American TV as frequent as once or twice a month. :thumbsupsmiley:

Funny thing but if my memory serves me right, the Jap actor who played the original ZATOICHI was SHINTARO KATSU. :goatee:

SONNY CHIBA was also high in the list of Jap martial artists in the 70s. Remember STREET FIGHTER?

He also starred as the sword-maker and samurai teacher, Hatori Hanzo, in Quentin Tarrantino's k*ll Bill. :mtc:

post-22965-1164277614.jpg

Edited by Mandrake