Back To The 70's

Yes, indeed! I remember that that was how my aunt used to make her chocolate, may pang-halo siya na wooden sticks! Ang sarap!

The wooden sticks were like the giant wooden spoon and fork in a typical Filipino house, it's there but you don't know how to use them.

Until one aunt from Batangas came with cocoa balls that she calls "kakao". It was like "panutsa" or hardened brown sugar but this time it was chocolate. Raw homemade chocolate straight from the cocoa trees.

The wooden spoons were meant to dissolve these chocolate balls in hot water. It's the best chocolate drink ever.

Today they have the BOGA, before we only had the KANYONG DE KAWAYAN. Konting tubig + kapirasong kalburo + malakas na ihip+ konting sindi = matinding putok. Warak ang kawayan! :D

As a kid, I started with the watusi and lusis, roman candles, and other harmless stuff. Pero later on, I moved on to the triangulo, bawang, Judas belt, and the diablo! :cool: Nag-babato pa 'ko ng paputok sa mga gomang sinusunog ng mga kapitbahay namin sa gitna ng kalye! :boo:

helo....hi sa lahat.... 7o din ako weheheh....... grabe nasa page 8 ako fast forward ko na 178 na pala....... sarap gunitain weheheh.....

ano nga pala nangyari sa mga Lumipas na mga Artistang i2..... any update kung me case sila noon???

=====================================================================

Oscar Roncal..... Jess Lapid Sr....... Jules King........ Bernard Belleza......... Basketball Player Segura???...etc

=====================================================================

basa lang ulet sa umpisa.

I didn't have my own computer until I started working after college. During my college days, I had a classmate who had an Apple Mac computer and we always went to her place to do school projects.

When I was in college, the computer we used in school had cassette tape drives instead of floppy drives. How ancient!

This post has been edited by willow_boy: Dec 18 2006, 06:46 AM

eto mas luma....... they can create Mona Lizas face impression on many of these........

http://thumb17.shutterstock.com/photos6/display_pic_with_logo/73592/73592,1163182274,5.jpg

eto mas luma....... they can create Mona Lizas face impression on many of these........

http://thumb17.shutterstock.com/photos6/display_pic_with_logo/73592/73592,1163182274,5.jpg

I remember using this in our computer programming class in UP. We're using Fortran 4 language then.

My first "PC" was a Sharp 3500 pocket computer. It's equipped with the standard scientific calculator gizmos plus it has QWERTY keyboard so you can write programs using BASIC.

album design in LPs are a big deal too in those time among teens...... i remember Santanas black n white with multi faceted illustration of a Cat? ........ Joe Cocker was big too among Herbalists weheheh..........

soothing music of the 70's .... non bassy heavy on treble was the music back then...... you never find this in usa? ....

http://ntl.matrix.com.br/pfilho/html/lyric...stay_awhile.txt

nung bago i declare ang martial law 70.... grabe talaga rally noon sa university belt ....araw-araw... mga KM banderang pula...... umulan ng pilbox lagi pag dumaan sila....... disrupt ang klase nun mga one month yata...... mass promotion daw sabi ng mga estudyante....... nauwi yata sa extension ng one month ang semester nun ....

speaking of Lepanto /Recto....... andun pa yung mga dioploma at mga books naka tambak pa ren sa sidewalk..... saw it about a year ago lang........ halohalo sa Little Quiapo masarap.... at yung donuts sa katabi na may peanut topping mabile nun..... at yung singko dyes-dyes upa sa tulay pag baha sa Lepanto at Morayta para maka tawid weheheh...... lalo na sa me UST........

andun pa ba PRC sa R Papa or lumipat na, sa may NCBA yun. :D

Welcome to the newbies. keep on posting and sharing.

Mga kasabayan ni Sergio Mendez:

Average White Band

Biddu Orchestra

Deodato

Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass

Chic Corea

Disco/dance music

Ritchie Family

Meco

Alec Costandinos and the London Syncophonic Orchestra

James Last

Cerrone

Love and Kisses

speaking of Lepanto /Recto....... andun pa yung mga dioploma at mga books naka tambak pa ren sa sidewalk.....

dyan din sa Recto sidewalk gilid ng Cinerama matatagpuan nung dekada 70s ang mga nagliparang mga BTS at sari-saring

condom (may balahibo pa ng kambing o kabayo, take your pick) :P