Back To The 70's

I remember a 70's movie Called "The Street Fighter" starring two 70's icons Charles Bronson and James Coburn.

Speaking of mid 70's shows, anybody here remember watching Darren McGavin in the short lived "THE NIGHTSTALKER"? Real creepy!

Yup, I do remember this show. If I remember right, this was shown on Channel 7 on Sunday nights. I enjoyed watching it with my cousins who were big fans of the show. For a bit of trivia, the show's lead actor, Darren McGavin, passed away early this year. :(

I also watched the Night Stalker, Ghost Stories and Twilight Zone. I also liked Fantastic Voyage, Mission Impossible, The Mod Squad, The Streets of San Francisco, Starsky and Hutch, The Professionals, etc.

Pati cartoons!

Looney Tunes - Speedy Gonzales, Road Runner, Bugs Bunny

Popeye

Hanna-Barbera cartoons - Shazam, Moby Dick, Gullliver, Might Thor

Wacky Races

Spider Man

Marvel

Yung Street Fighter ay sa PS1 ko na inabutan :D

Speaking of mid 70's shows, anybody here remember watching Darren McGavin in the short lived "THE NIGHTSTALKER"? Real creepy!

Crime reporter KOLCHAK. The "X-File" version of the 70s. The episodes are usually comedies of horror but nonetheless amusing. Watched each and every episode on TV until the creators re-titled it to THE NIGHT STRANGLER. By then, the spin-off ran out of good plots.

Btw, did you know Darren McGavin passed away early this year? :mtc:

I also watched the Night Stalker, Ghost Stories and Twilight Zone. I also liked Fantastic Voyage, Mission Impossible, The Mod Squad, The Streets of San Francisco, Starsky and Hutch, The Professionals, etc.

Pareng Storm,

Kumusta ka na? I'm also a huge fan of Rod Serling's Twilight Zone series. :cool: I still watch reruns of the show's episodes whenever they're shown on TV. I find the stories very imaginative and thought-provoking and that's why it had a successful 6-year run in the US in the early 60s.

A bit of trivia on Rod Serling. He was with the US Army's 11th Airborne Division in WW2 and served in the Pacific. He participated in the liberation of Manila and was wounded by shrapnel as his unit was battling Japanese troops holed out at the Rizal Memorial Stadium. This is probably the reason why there are at least 2 episodes of the Twilight Zone where the setting was in the Philippines. One was about a US soldier who served in Bataan and one was about another soldier who was in Luzon in late 1944 who could foretell which of his comrades was going to die soon.

Twilight Zone

The Streets of San Francisco - Michael Douglas and Karl Marden

Starsky and Hutch - David Soul and .......

Pati cartoons!

Speedy Gonzales - andare ariba ariba ... si senior

Gullliver - The Liliputians

Might Thor - my fav

Wacky Races - 6 Penelope pit stop, 1 cave men, 7 gang,

Pati cartoons!

Popeye

Wacky Races

Spider Man

Marvel

Starsky and Hutch - David Soul and ....... PAUL MICHAEL GLASER

Wacky Races:

00 - the mean machine (dick dastardley & muttley)

01 - boulder mobile ( slag brothers a.k.a. the cave men)

02 - creepy coupe (the gruesome twosome)

03 - convert-a-car (prof. pat pending)

04 - red max... ah forgot the name of his ride pero parang tora tora warplane na kulay red :P

05 - compact pussycat (penelope pitstop)

06 - army surplus special (sgt. blast & pvt. meekly)

07 - bullet proof bomb ( the anthill mob)

08 - chuggabug (luke and blubber bear)

09 - turbo terrific (peter perfect)

10 - buzz wagon ( forgot na eh :blink: )

kasabay palagi ng mightor yung moby dick and shazam (the genie) :cool:

mork & mindy - starring robin williams and pam dawber (nanoo nanoo :D )

kojak - telly savalas

beretta - robert blake .... parang nakulong yata sya coz he alledgely killed his wife?!?

Edited by acl

Pati cartoons!

Popeye

Wacky Races

Spider Man

Marvel

Herculoids, and this rather obscure cartoon on Ch. 7 - Funny Company.

Wow seemed just like yesterday .....

Wacky Races:

00 - the mean machine (dick dastardley & muttley)

01 - boulder mobile ( slag brothers a.k.a. the cave men)

02 - creepy coupe (the gruesome twosome)

03 - convert-a-car (prof. pat pending)

04 - red max... ah forgot the name of his ride pero parang tora tora warplane na kulay red :P

05 - compact pussycat (penelope pitstop)

06 - army surplus special (sgt. blast & pvt. meekly)

07 - bullet proof bomb ( the anthill mob)

08 - chuggabug (luke and blubber bear)

09 - turbo terrific (peter perfect)

10 - buzz wagon ( forgot na eh :blink: )

Edited by lomex32

Wacky Races I think was based on the movie "The Great Race" starring Jack Lemmon and Tony Curtis. I like the Prof. Pat Pending character and of course Dick and Mutley. :thumbsupsmiley:

I also loved the eye candy, Penelope Pitstop. :wub:

Favorite script

Dick: Mutley, do something!!!

Mutley: Hihihhihhihi.

I remember that I used to see people cutting grass or doing some other form of community service just because they were caught or arrested breaking the curfew the night before.

Looking back, it was just a farce perpetrated from within the walls of Malacanang. :angry: :thumbsdownsmiley:

I agree with you pareng willow boy. Ang lamig na siguro jan sa inyo? Dito, mainit pa rin at parang mas masaya ang pasko last year.

Actually, corny ang pasko ng martial law years dahil sa lecheng curfew. Bawal pa noon ang paputok pero sila panay ang paputok ng baril :thumbsdownsmiley:

I agree with you pareng willow boy. Ang lamig na siguro jan sa inyo? Dito, mainit pa rin at parang mas masaya ang pasko last year.

Actually, corny ang pasko ng martial law years dahil sa lecheng curfew. Bawal pa noon ang paputok pero sila panay ang paputok ng baril :thumbsdownsmiley:

Oo, pards, malamig na sa East Coast. In fact, snowy and windy ang forecast sa area namin bukas. Sa tagal ko na dito e I still can't say na sanay na 'ko sa snow. I still haven't gotten used to it. Hassle kasi na you have to put on several layers of clothing para lang pumunta sa tindahan. I hate it pero it is what it is.

I remember noong martial law na supposedly ay masaya na tayo kapag ni-lift ni Makoy for a day ang curfew because of a holiday (usually Christmas) o kaya ay inextend niya ito to 1 a.m. instead of 12 midnight. Utang na loob pa natin sa kanya. :thumbsdownsmiley:

In 79, Nonoy Marcelo introduced the irreverent Ikabod Bubwit :P

Yup, pards! He also introduced us to characters such as Aling Otik the Metro Aide and Bos Myawok! Unfortunately, he was taken from us too soon. :( My cousin studied Fine Arts at UP and Nonoy was her professor. Ang galing daw talaga ni Nonoy Marcelo and very witty.

I remembered I gave a signed Ikabod pocketbook to my girldriend. Nasaan na kaya iyon?

Pareng Storm,

She probably made a tidy sum out of it by selling it on eBay. :lol:

Biro lang, pards. This was a great strip/satire for Nonoy Marcelo was able to get it done under the very noses of the censors of the Marcos regime. :thumbsupsmiley: