Back To The 70's

We knew mang Nonoy personally. He's also from Malabon. I met him when I was a little kid during the time of his Tisoy comic strip.

I remembered I gave a signed Ikabod pocketbook to my girldriend. Nasaan na kaya iyon?

He referred to Malabon as Malavenice. :D

Tama si Pareng wb...must-have collection na yan including many of his editorial sketches with Manila Times.

Another famous local cartoon strip then was GORIO AND HIS JEEPNEY. The movie version starred funnyman Chiquito. Just can't remember who authored this amusing character. :cool:

Yup, pards! He also introduced us to characters such as Aling Otik the Metro Aide and Bos Myawok! Unfortunately, he was taken from us too soon. :( My cousin studied Fine Arts at UP and Nonoy was her professor. Ang galing daw talaga ni Nonoy Marcelo and very witty.

there was also Blidit, the frog :P

ok maybe I've posted this a hundred times here already, but I never get tired of repeating it: the full name of Aling Otik is NARKOTIKA VDA. DE CLIPETICLAP - hence her son is named Clip :D - the barkada of Tisoy.

speaking of Tisoy, i always see Jimmy Morato here in our Marikina parish every Sunday - a little chubby but still with the same Tisoy looks....

Tama si Pareng wb...must-have collection na yan including many of his editorial sketches with Manila Times.

Another famous local cartoon strip then was GORIO AND HIS JEEPNEY. The movie version starred funnyman Chiquito. Just can't remember who authored this amusing character. :cool:

Ben Alcantara ;)

baka si Lagalag........eddie fernandez

Siya nga, senor v....daming mga siga nung dekada 70s....the gang of Jaime Jose (ex-La Sallite), Basilio Pineda and Edgardo Aquino were among in the list of hi-profile following their sensational death sentence in 72 for the gang rape of movie actress Maggie dela Riva...just can't remember the lady judge who handled that case. :huh:

Siya nga, senor v....daming mga siga nung dekada 70s....the gang of Jaime Jose (ex-La Sallite), Basilio Pineda and Edgardo Aquino were among in the list of hi-profile following their sensational death sentence in 72 for the gang rape of movie actress Maggie dela Riva...just can't remember the lady judge who handled that case. :huh:

Pareng Mandrake,

If I remember right, wasn't their execution broadcast live on radio?

Balik kay Ikabod. Ang bos ni Bos Myawok ay nagngangalang KInse yata (Pinoy version of Quincy).

Kita-kita kaming mga Civil Eng last night. Panay kantahan ng panahon nina Tirso, Nora, Bobot and Vilma. The Sensation medley tapos may bumanat ng Oras ng Ligaya.

Ang alam ko na lamang buhay doon sa Oras ng Ligaya ay si Sylvia La Torre.

there was also Blidit, the frog :P

ok maybe I've posted this a hundred times here already, but I never get tired of repeating it: the full name of Aling Otik is NARKOTIKA VDA. DE CLIPETICLAP - hence her son is named Clip :D - the barkada of Tisoy.

speaking of Tisoy, i always see Jimmy Morato here in our Marikina parish every Sunday - a little chubby but still with the same Tisoy looks....

Hah, brings back memories of Maribubut and Pomposa! Hey Bods, que pasa? La ba EB or party ang grupo?

There's one alleged drug dealer shot by military firing squad at Fort Bonifacio.....his name is Lim Seng. It was broadcast on national television.

Was reading a tech magazine while having a haircut. Then I saw this article about the 1st generation pc's:

In April 1977, the Apple Computer Co. released their 1st commercially successful product. The Apple II was the 1st personal computer to have all its components pre-assembled inside a computer case.

I remebered our first personal computer, the Apple II. In fact, it was only a few months ago when I decided to finally throw it away. Meron kasing sentimental value kaya di ko matapon tapon, pero what the heck. Tinapon ko narin sa basura at wala na rin pakinabang. :D

The first personal computer we had was the TRS-80. Then there was the Amiga. But during my college days, we never really handled computers. We just filled out those sheets and had them keypunched at the UP Computer Center. I'm pretty sure that my daughters would laugh their heads off when they learn of how things were done in the old days.

I didn't have my own computer until I started working after college. During my college days, I had a classmate who had an Apple Mac computer and we always went to her place to do school projects.

When I was in college, the computer we used in school had cassette tape drives instead of floppy drives. How ancient! :D

Edited by willow_boy
Pareng Mandrake,

If I remember right, wasn't their execution broadcast live on radio?

It was splashed everywhere both in print and broadcast. The Subic rape case pales in comparison

to the celebrated Maggie dela Riva case considering the magnitude of the violence inflicted on a

famous celebrity at that time. It was Judge Lourdes San Diego who handed the death sentence.

It was splashed everywhere both in print and broadcast. The Subic rape case pales in comparison

to the celebrated Maggie dela Riva case considering the magnitude of the violence inflicted on a

famous celebrity at that time. It was Judge Lourdes San Diego who handed the death sentence.

now . . . to the tune of "so happy together"

i maggie mo ako

wag lang Lalu

kahit gutay-gutay

wag lang patay . . .

There's one alleged drug dealer shot by military firing squad at Fort Bonifacio.....his name is Lim Seng. It was broadcast on national television.

The guy was not a real drug dealer but was executed only to scare Ninoy Aquino. Aquino's death sentence was handed down by the military tribunal as soon as the poor guy got shot. Marcos was forcing a negotiated settlement with Ninoy and he thought executing somebody would scare Ninoy.

Ninoy was executed anyhow, and in broad daylight in the middle of the airport some years later.